PDA

View Full Version : might as well have my diet critqued, too.

k9nacl
01-23-2008, 09:14 PM
right now i'm in basketball season, lifting 4-6 times a week (really depends on game schedule) and practicing at least 3x a week with 2-3 games a week.

trying to bulk and eating about ~3700 cals a day, about 90g fat per day, 250g protein, rest is usually carbs. aiming to hit ~210 by april/may and then do a small cut. as it is right now, i don't have enough size on me to cut, only reason would be to make teh abz visible. so far, 3 weeks in, i'm gaining at a steady pound a week or so. also, quick question, is whey in the morning really as important as people seem to make it out to be? after analyzing quite a few diets (even of pros), it seems as if everyone always starts the morning off with a scoop of whey as their protein source, whereas i used to just eat egg whites/meat instead. i'm sure the affect is negligible, but i kind of like having a smoothie type of drink to go with my oats (banana cream whey + strawberries + milk is damn good).

also, it seems as if a popular theory during a hearty bulk is to get as much fiber as humanly possible so you can keep the colon clean and avoid any excess storage of fat or leftover **** (pun intended) in the colon, which seems a little sketch, but what would be a reasonable amount to get in every day? i'm usually getting about 50-60 grams of fiber a day, a lot of which comes from oats, sweet potatoes, fruits and veggies.

today's food:

breakfast:

1 scoop whey
8oz milk
3 whole eggs
1/2 cup blueberries
1 cup oats

snack:

1 cup CC
1 fuji apple
1 sprouted grain bagel
2tbsp PB on bagel

lunch:

8oz sweet potato
2tbsp almond butter (on sweet potato)
6oz tuna mixed with salsa
1 cup brussel sprouts

~2:30 (here) i lift. take xtend during workout.

~3:30 pwo:

1 cup oats
1 small banana
1 scoop whey
8oz milk

*practice*

~6:00-6:30:

6-8oz lean meat (tonight was turkey sausage with a little canola oil used in the cooking)
~1 cup brown rice
mixed stir-fry veggies (green peppers, onions, peas, broccoli, etc.)

before-bed:

two cheese sticks/yogurt/cottage cheese
1oz walnuts
handful of baby carrots

and usually whatever else i need to make up for my macros/lost cals. a lot of the time i'll mix in some frozen yogurt with some CC or have some egg whites with cheese/salsa, etc.

the rest of my meals from other days look very similar to this, too. each meal has a complete protein source, healthy fat, and a nice dose of complex carb/grains. lots of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and brown rice. i eat at least two servings of fruit a day and 2-3 of veggies. only supps are a multi-vitamin, fish oil with flax, vitamin a, b complex, xtend, and my ON whey.

any comments/things that should be changed? anything look terribly out of place or incorrect?