PDA

View Full Version : Whom Do You Respect More?

Garth II
01-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Well? :) Consider the point of views of both parties. America is hated by the world, Americans are told to hate the middle east by government controlled mediums. Try to be unbias, as both kill people.

One Man Army
01-19-2006, 01:56 PM
Its Bush man..I dont like Bush..he may not be the greatest man..but osamas like pure evil..

Thinman
01-19-2006, 01:58 PM
Bush is a saint compared to Bin Laden.

fkn_give_me_abs
01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
bush has killed many more people than osama

theredshirt
01-19-2006, 02:17 PM
im unable to vote. If we go by total deaths, bush is bloodier. and iraq wasnt linked to al qaeda either. i give bush saint points for attacking afganistan. i dont count those deaths as undeserving deaths. However, this iraq war is a travesty. in terms of respect, i respect bush a little more because osama would make USA a theocracy. As religious as bush is, he is less religious then osama, and i respect him for that.

ratmonkey
01-19-2006, 03:24 PM
he said respect, you can still respect someone even if you hate their guts.

i respect bin laden more than bush, as bin laden keeps to his word more than bush has.

i hate bin laden more than bush as well.

Mr. David Johnson
01-19-2006, 03:27 PM
he said respect, you can still respect someone even if you hate their guts.

i respect bin laden more than bush, as bin laden keeps to his word more than bush has.

i hate bin laden more than bush as well.

I agree. Bush totally lies and is a traitor to the republican party. He would destroy this country just as long as he can stay in power. I think Bin Laden is evil but atleast he follows what he believes in and is dedicated. Wierd how that works. :(

theredshirt
01-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I would be afraid to spit in osamas face...is that respect?

kinikee
01-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Osama Bin Laden is our enemy, but in the same breath, I think it's kind of funny how Bush and all his cronies always call him and his followers "cowards". Fighting on the front lines against the Russians isn't something I'd consider cowardly. Evading capture from the most powerful nation on earth with very limited resources, that would require quite a bit of skill. And as for terrorists, being willing to get behind the controls of a plane and crash it into a building, driving a car laden with bombs into a convoy, strapping bombs to your chest and detonating them, these are all evil acts, but I'd hardly call it cowardly.

I don't respect Bush because, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how anyone can logically think that all of the sacrifices he has forced the Western World to make has made the world one little bit safer. If anything, it's made it more dangerous.

We're just talking respect here though in terms of methods, don't start neg repping me lol.

I just look at it as, Osama is the real deal, he's been in the **** himself and he's out moving across the mountains or wherever the hell he is. Bush is sitting in a fancy leather chair ordering this and that from his fancy office.

AKR
01-19-2006, 03:53 PM
this is like asking me to choose between rubbing my face in feces and rubbing my face in a random glob of cum.

AnimalOnly
01-19-2006, 03:54 PM
If their roles were reversed, and Osama was the leader of the United states, how many innocent people do you think he would have murdered? The answer: Far far far far far more than Bush. I have absolutely no respect for Osama Bin Laden.

Thinman
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Bin Laden is a murderer period. Once someone puts a bullet through is head and he is gone, I'll be sleeping alot better.

A & B
01-19-2006, 04:02 PM
None of us Westerner's are going to be able to look at this objectively. It's just not possible. We have been socialized differently. There's nothing we can do about it. We (just like those in the Middle East) have been fed what to believe by our respective cultures, and hence our opinions on this are prejudiced beyond any resemblance of objectivity.

No one here will be able to "see both perspectives" with equal consideration, it simply doesn't work like that.

Let me guess what the outcome of this poll will be, 99% in favour of Bush?

Thinman
01-19-2006, 04:09 PM
None of us Westerner's are going to be able to look at this objectively. It's just not possible. We have been socialized differently. There's nothing we can do about it. We (just like those in the Middle East) have been fed what to believe by our respective cultures, and hence our opinions on this are prejudiced beyond any resemblance of objectivity.

No one here will be able to "see both perspectives" with equal consideration, it simply doesn't work like that.

Let me guess what the outcome of this poll will be, 99% in favour of Bush?

Good point. I'm surprised at the poll results right now. More people respect Bin Laden than Bush. I would have never guessed that.

Tamacracker
01-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Quite honestly, I dont know what Bin Laden's view is of the world. If his faith rides like those extremist then of course Bush would be the saint of them all. Other than that... give me a tree grinder/cutter place it at a shore of a lake or swamp, and hand me over the both of them.

xer0xed
01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
How the hell is this poll 50/50?

catmando
01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
... give me a tree grinder/cutter place it at a shore of a lake or swamp, and hand me over the both of them.
Death is too good for the both of them. Perpetual torture would be better.

PatrickDurden
01-19-2006, 04:26 PM
I'm no fan of Bush at all, but I respect the guy a lot more than Bin Laden.

Revolver45
01-19-2006, 04:26 PM
Death is too good for the both of them. Perpetual torture would be better.

Or perhaps being forced to read your copy and pasted articles would be far more cruel and unusual.

Anyone who votes for Osama Bin Laden is an idiot, that's like voting for Hitler over Churchill.

Typical liberal Canadian thought though.

A & B
01-19-2006, 04:28 PM
They're just two different perspectives.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' viewpoint. They are simply different.

AnimalOnly
01-19-2006, 04:37 PM

When I first started reading your posts I thought "Man this guy is another radical leftist type". But you seem to try hard to be unbiased and seem pretty down to earth, so that's cool.

JuanDenver
01-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Well? :) Consider the point of views of both parties. America is hated by the world, Americans are told to hate the middle east by government controlled mediums. Try to be unbias, as both kill people.

I think I have a possible reason why you feel this way :) ........

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawacitizen/soundoff/story.html?id=9848cd3a-c74a-41ee-8595-ddaa9c40ba0e

kinikee
01-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Or perhaps being forced to read your copy and pasted articles would be far more cruel and unusual.

Anyone who votes for Osama Bin Laden is an idiot, that's like voting for Hitler over Churchill.

not really... Osama bin Laden sends his henchmen to kill innocent people

George Bush sends fighter planes dropping bombs in areas filled with innocent pepole.

Sure from our perspective he's the good guy and Osama the bad, but it's all just subjective. If you ask a lot of middle easterner's I'm sure they wouldn't view the average American as innocent. It's just a you vs. me kind of thing.

I just don't see how firing laser guided missles from planes going a thousand miles per hour 5 miles up is so much more honourable than setting up a bomb next to the road where convoys pass.

AnimalOnly
01-19-2006, 05:36 PM
not really... Osama bin Laden sends his henchmen to kill innocent people

George Bush sends fighter planes dropping bombs in areas filled with innocent pepole.

Sure from our perspective he's the good guy and Osama the bad, but it's all just subjective. If you ask a lot of middle easterner's I'm sure they wouldn't view the average American as innocent. It's just a you vs. me kind of thing.

I just don't see how firing laser guided missles from planes going a thousand miles per hour 5 miles up is so much more honourable than setting up a bomb next to the road where convoys pass.

Because the ones setting up roadside bombs know damn well that they're going to be killing innocent non combatants in the process. When we use PGM's to hit a target, we don't expect civilian casualties, but guidance systems do make mistakes from time to time.

Garth II
01-19-2006, 06:13 PM
Because the ones setting up roadside bombs know damn well that they're going to be killing innocent non combatants in the process. When we use PGM's to hit a target, we don't expect civilian casualties, but guidance systems do make mistakes from time to time.

How many innocent people did you (as in the US) kill with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, knowing full well what would happen?

AnimalOnly
01-19-2006, 06:49 PM
How many innocent people did you (as in the US) kill with Hiroshima and Nagasaki, knowing full well what would happen?

Wth, that's a completely different generation. What does that have to do with George Bush? And btw, the atom bomb was not a PGM.

Oh and as long as we're saying irrelevant things about past events, I ask you how many innocent people were murdered in ww2 because you're country did absolutely nothing?

Garth II
01-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Wth, that's a completely different generation. What does that have to do with George Bush? And btw, the atom bomb was not a PGM.

Oh and as long as we're saying irrelevant things about past events, I ask you how many innocent people were murdered in ww2 because you're country did absolutely nothing?

I'm not sure, why don't you tell me?

drjjg
01-19-2006, 07:06 PM
I ask you how many innocent people were murdered in ww2 because you're country did absolutely nothing?

LOL. Canada was fighting in WW2, 2 years before the US showed up.

ratmonkey
01-19-2006, 07:14 PM
LOL. Canada was fighting in WW2, 2 years before the US showed up.
yeah, that kinda backfired on him.

the us command DOES expect and plan for civillian casualties when they perform strikes, they simply try to minimize them whenever possible these days.

ratmonkey
01-19-2006, 07:16 PM

churchill was FAR from a saint, not quite as much of a bastard as hitler. both of them deserve respect for their resolve. though hitler ended up going rather nutty in the latter part of the war churchill was always nutty.

xer0xed
01-19-2006, 07:25 PM

Good. Then extremist right wing views aren't wrong and you should have no legitimate issue with living under a government which espouses them.

Unless, of course, you're intolerant. :)

AnimalOnly
01-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Ok, about the Canadian ww2 thing, what I said was pretty ignorant. But I was right by saying ww2 has nothing to do with George Bush.

MediaDeit
01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
I don't even want to touch this thread with a ten foot poll, it is basically another thread for the far left nut heads to announce theri hate for our president.........again

Carry on.

Garth II
01-19-2006, 08:07 PM
Ok, about the Canadian ww2 thing, what I said was pretty ignorant. But I was right by saying ww2 has nothing to do with George Bush.

Well not George Bush, but innocent lives.

Point taken though.

Neo_Anthony
01-19-2006, 08:12 PM
this is like asking me to choose between rubbing my face in feces and rubbing my face in a random glob of cum.

haha yeah, i'm not really sure on this subject, bin laden- seems to do everything he says he is going to do, unlike bush. On the other hand, you know there is a hell of a lot of pressure in being a president, your every move being scrutinized 24-7... literally, could you do better? im gonna go with bush on the respect part, even though i dont respect him much, i respect him more than i respect bin laden.

temporary
01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
I respect Bush for some of the strong convictions he has, and the way he stick up for them. I guess I have to respect Osama for the same reason tho.

Bush gets my vote because some people that I resepct, respect him.

Diana Ball
01-19-2006, 11:40 PM
churchill was FAR from a saint, not quite as much of a bastard as hitler. both of them deserve respect for their resolve. though hitler ended up going rather nutty in the latter part of the war churchill was always nutty.

Given this response, I am not surprised you voted for Osama over Bush.

Hitler doesnt deserve ANY respect for his "resolve" that led to the deaths of over 50 million people, including the gassing in concentration camps of over 5 million people, including the murders of over a million children. You respect that? He only deserves the most extreme form of disrespect that could ever be brought upon a dead man. If you respect Hitler, then I am not surprised you respect Osama.

"hitler ended up going rather nutty in the latter part of the war churchill was always nutty"
You've got to be kidding me? Churchill = always nutty, yet Hitler = nutty at latter part of war? How many concentration camp children did Churchill gas?
No, anyone who plans and acts on plans of murdering so many people, including innocent men, women and over a million children from gassing is nutty right from the start. How dare you say such a thing?

Tell the family members of the victims of Hitler's campaign that you respect Hitler. Tell the family members of the people who died in the World Trade Center, Pentagon and elsewhere around the world(including long before Bush was president) from Osama's men that you respect Osama.

JT.
01-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Zero respect for both men, for different reasons obviously.

mlc82
01-19-2006, 11:49 PM

Must spread reputation around before giving it to AKR again :(

mlc82
01-19-2006, 11:53 PM

You might want to read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juno_Beach

And this: http://collections.ic.gc.ca/courage/canadasroleinwwii.html

Canada tends to get grouped in with Great Britain (aka Commonwealth Forces), but they did a LOT of fighting in WWII.

(Should note not being a smart ass here, the above is meant serious, not as a flame)