PDA

View Full Version : I think I bought the wrong stuff!..

user8073964251
01-19-2006, 07:31 AM
I don't buy many supplements, because, well I just can't afford to get much nowadays. But I've been working out hard and I wanted to get something to help. I've had success in the past with NO2 and creatine, so I went with that. I got creatine mono, but then I went and got Dymatize Xpand Caplets. I figured that they would be the same as powder, and I needed caplets because I often have to take my supplements on the run.

Anyway, I got my stuff and I noticed that the bottle of Xpand said something like "NO2 reactor" or something similar, and then on the back of the bottle says "best used with Xpand pre/post workout powder"

My question is: did I buy the wrong stuff? Did I buy something useless that is only good if compounded with the pre/post powder? I don't know much (that's why I'm here) so ANY advice anyone could give would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Screamin
01-19-2006, 07:46 AM
You don't need NO2 to make any sort of creatine more effective. The only thing that NO2 does (for the great majority) is give you better, longer lasting pumps. This won't have a very noticable effect on your overall muscle/strength gain.

Take your creatine and be happy with your volumized appearance and improved muscle growth :D

benjioar
01-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Don't worry about the creatine just take it and enjoy the gains, the NO2 will not do that much for you.

stEam_B()at
01-19-2006, 07:51 AM
i think you eather ordered the wrong stuff or they sent the wrong stuff. you wanted xpand caps but got the reactor instead..correct? return/exchange and have them send you the right stuff you wanted. or maybe i got it wrong what you asking

DRP7
01-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I don't buy many supplements, because, well I just can't afford to get much nowadays. But I've been working out hard and I wanted to get something to help. I've had success in the past with NO2 and creatine, so I went with that. I got creatine mono, but then I went and got Dymatize Xpand Caplets. I figured that they would be the same as powder, and I needed caplets because I often have to take my supplements on the run.

Anyway, I got my stuff and I noticed that the bottle of Xpand said something like "NO2 reactor" or something similar, and then on the back of the bottle says "best used with Xpand pre/post workout powder"

My question is: did I buy the wrong stuff? Did I buy something useless that is only good if compounded with the pre/post powder? I don't know much (that's why I'm here) so ANY advice anyone could give would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

nah, don't worry. it's perfectly O.K. to take the Xpand caplets on their own.
It's more important to have a good pre- and post workout shake with whey and oats than to be too anxious about the right combination of supps.

Best regards

David

user8073964251
01-19-2006, 08:01 AM
^ wo i think both last post missed what u are trying to say.. anyway i think you eather ordered the wrong stuff or they sent the wrong stuff. you wanted xpand caps but got the reactor instead..correct? return/exchange and have them send you the right stuff you wanted. or maybe i got it wrong what you asking

Thanks to everyone that replied. Let me go through the list of things I might've gotten confused on...

1. Is there a difference? Are there different products, one being the actual NO2, and the other being this "reactor." Anyone that's used Xpand might know what I'm talking about. These caplets are white, but I thought that the caplets in the ad were red...

2. NO2 works amazingly well for me, not only in recovery and pumps, but strength as well. About a year ago I shelled out the big cash for the original NO2 and my bench went up quicker that it usually does. Maybe that's just me.

I'm researching as I look around the forums, but mostly everything I read is the ads and crap and not real feed-back. I like NO2, and I already have the pills. I'm just wondering if these are the "right" pills, or if they even make a different kind?

sublimejeh
01-19-2006, 08:07 AM
I believe the "reactor" is just the extra stuff they add in for akg transportation. If the ingredients include 3000 mg of AAKG then its the same basic prodcut as MRI's NO2. personally i beleiev the MRI brand is a rip, buy white blood... you get a better pump and its way cheaper

as said earlier by Screamin, that NO2 doesnt make NO more effective I disagree. Why do you think so many stack involve taking both, and stagering the two supps so they work together.
NO causes hemodilation (widening of the blood vessels), which makes creatines flow to your muscles faster and more effeciently.

using NO and creatine together may give you better supp results

user8073964251
01-19-2006, 08:26 AM
so as long as a product has AAK (or whatever, you know what I mean) it is good?

I know that in supplement lingo a lot of products claim to need a special "delievery agent" to make it effective. And of course, everyone claims to have the one and only secret.

sublimejeh
01-19-2006, 08:29 AM
basically ya

i foudn that aee(arginine ethyl ester) works a little better and controlled labs WB throws in ornithine ee which also seems to improve the quality of the NO effects