PDA

View Full Version : Matt Boldt/SANN/"Lonny"/etc - your apology

HelpingH
01-18-2006, 12:16 PM
Today, Rich Gaspari received a certified letter from Matt Boldt's/Sann's attorney threatening legal action against him because of the comments and opinion I and JV have posted here in the bb.com forums regarding Matt/Lonny/Sann/how they do business/etc.

In this letter, per the attorney, we have two choices:

1) Delete all "offensive" remarks about Sann/Matt Boldt/"Lonny" and apologize or;

2) They plan to "sue us" over our opinions (which they can do).

After discussing the letter Rich received with Rich, JV, his attorney, my attorney's, we will graciously accept the former and not the latter (that's option #1 for you slower folks out there). I'm tired and I don't want to go through an protracted legal battle over posts made on bodybuilding.com so the posts that Mr. Boldt's/Sann's attorney felt were "offensive" have been deleted (I think the entire threads are actually gone).

So "Lonny"/Mr. Matt Boldt/Mr. Matt Boldt's attorney/Sann employees and people who were offended by my opinions posted here regarding these people/the company.

I am so genuinely sorry if my posted opinions upset you, caused you emotional distress, angered you, otherwise offended you or if you think they are unfair/unsubstantiated. I am genuinely sorry and contrite regarding expressing my opinion of you and your company and the methods you may or may not employ in conducting your business in the supplement industry here on a public forum. If there was something else that I missed that you found to be upsetting or bothersome, then I offer you a heartfelt apology in advance for that too.

Per the letter your attorney sent to Rich Gaspari, I agree not to post or make public my opinions of you, your company, the way you do business...in fact, I won't even mention your company name again in public or about anything or your name(s) either?

Happy now? I hope so! :-) This allows me to turn this into a more generalized conversation and a warning for board reps and company executives or even people not working for a company but who could be construed as "representing them" (e.g. - my situation with Gaspari Nutrition).

If you publically voice your opinion about another company's product(s) either by trade name or even possibly by generic/plain chemical components you are potentially at risk for being sued under something called "The Lantham Act" - even if your opinion or review is a positive one.

This act prohibits a company from acting in an "unfair" manner that could hurt/influence the business of another company (how the affected company could prove that posts on an internet forum "injured" their business is another matter entirely but they certainly can open litigation derived solely from it).
Now I do not personally think that my opinion about how a company does business and my posts of such opinions influences people to any substantial degree but it appears the folks at Sann/Matt Boldt/"Lonny" disagree. Same for JV from Gaspari. I guess I am sort of flattered and this is an backhanded compliment - I never knew I wielded such influence or power. Anyhow...it would be wise not to post anything, good or bad, about a competitor's product line, how they do business, etc., if you are in ANY way affiliated with a competing company.

Rich's attorney has requested and my attorney has advised that I no longer express my opinions on any compound or company publically on the net (not just bodybuilding.com). Since I rely heavily on Gaspari Nutrition for my income stream and do not want bad things to happen to them because of what I post without their consent or knowledge, I have agreed not to post my opinions about any company or product(s) on bb.com or any other public forum. Others from different companies would be wise to follow this advice too.

Until Rich changes his mind, I will not be posting anymore, JV will not be posting anymore and no Gaspari Nutrition employee will be posting anymore.
Not about other companies/their products/how they do business or about any Gaspari product.

If you have questions about Gaspari products (and not about other companies stuff or how it compares) you can send an e-mail to Gaspari Nutrition or a letter to them. We have also set up an account with Gaspari so you can ask me questions which I will answer at my discretion and when/if I have time - bruce@gasparinutrition.com is the e-mail address.

I am genuinely sorry it has come down to this and one more time, I am sorry for causing any bad feelings, emotional duress, uncomfortableness, etc., to Mr. Matt Boldt/"Lonny"/Sann/Sann employees/or anyone else regarding my posted opinions about Sann.

In fact, just to show you what a gentleman I am, Mr. Boldt, if you're going to be at The Arnold Classic in March, you can be absolutely sure I/JV and others from Gaspari Nutrition will stop by your booth to apologize to you in person and in public there too. Just hit us up with an e-mail and a time that is convenient for you, OK? Good!

This post does not in any mean indicate nor should anyone infer from it that I will not protect my intellectual property rights. I will. It should be infered from this post only that I am sorry for causing Matt Boldt/Sann/"Lonny" and anyone else any hard feelings or discomfort for my posted opinions and for any "damage" my opinions, perceived or otherwise, may have caused Sann.

See you all at the "A" in March.

B r u c e K n e l l e r (BK)

dtrain13
01-18-2006, 12:19 PM
Oh the irony...:cool:

aceman0920
01-18-2006, 12:20 PM
I forgive you*HUG*

DejaBlue55
01-18-2006, 12:21 PM
:d

TexAss
01-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Oh the irony...:cool:

From the man who has threatened to sue everybody, both behind the scenes and publically, for selling ATD...HA! :D

a bit different from being sued for voicing your opinion...

pumpedgator
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
So this is the "BK" guy I have read so much about.

Suddenly it all makes sense..............

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 12:28 PM
B r u c e K n e l l e r (BK)
^^^That's my favorite part :D

warriors
01-18-2006, 12:35 PM
How can someone be sued just for giving their opinion on something?? Whatever happened to freedom of speech in this damn country??

Kledz
01-18-2006, 12:36 PM
The apology would be much classier had you not mentioned the lawsuit and just admitted to acting like an 8th grade girl.

dtrain13
01-18-2006, 12:38 PM
The apology would be much classier had you not mentioned the lawsuit and just admitted to acting like an 8th grade girl.
Exactly!

sawastea
01-18-2006, 12:40 PM
How can someone be sued just for giving their opinion on something?? Whatever happened to freedom of speech in this damn country??

Maybe he's referring to if you're (in)directly affiliated with a company. I am not 100% sure.

warriors
01-18-2006, 12:43 PM
Maybe he's referring to if you're (in)directly affiliated with a company. I am not 100% sure.

Oh i see :D

Scivation
01-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I remember a time when you could solve problems with a personal phone call and no attorney intervention.

Ahh, good times...

robbah99
01-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Who the hell is Matt Boldt and SANN. What did BK say that was so bad ???
Is SANN the company ??

Edit: Aha.. SAN

dtrain13
01-18-2006, 12:54 PM
Who the hell is Matt Boldt and SANN. What did BK say that was so bad ???
Is SANN the company ??

Edit: Aha.. SAN

"SANN" = BK being condescending

Scivation
01-18-2006, 12:57 PM

I believe SANN is the correct name, but i could be wrong.

Kledz
01-18-2006, 01:33 PM

as well as "offensive" "sue us" and "lonny"

sawastea
01-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Can Canadians get sued? If not, Lonny is chillin' like a villain.

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Today, Rich Gaspari received a certified letter from Matt Boldt's/Sann's attorney threatening legal action against him because of the comments and opinion I and JV have posted here in the bb.com forums regarding Matt/Lonny/Sann/how they do business/etc.

In this letter, per the attorney, we have two choices:

1) Delete all "offensive" remarks about Sann/Matt Boldt/"Lonny" and apologize or;

2) They plan to "sue us" over our opinions (which they can do).

Until Rich changes his mind, I will not be posting anymore, JV will not be posting anymore and no Gaspari Nutrition employee will be posting anymore.
Not about other companies/their products/how they do business or about any Gaspari product.

While I normally would not think very highly of a company threatening to sue another company for something they say on this board, I can kind of understand where SAN is coming from in this one situation. I saw the thread in question(which I see is now completely deleted) and some of the things you said and they were pretty unnecessary and offensive. You were constantly throwing it in Lonny's face that you were going to sue him(which doesn't make any sense) and SAN once you got your patent. I'm sure you know that Lonny has nothing to do with any of that and yet you continued to rub it in. You also felt the need to make fun of Canadians in it to try and piss off Lonny which was just ridiculous. I would like to think they could have solved things with you without threatening a lawsuit, but it is obvious that reasoning with you is near impossible.

Anyway, I for one am happy to see you and JV go. JV was nothing more than a human ad copy and served no real purpose. The comment he made about McNabb being able to win the Super Bowl if he had been drinking Size-On was beyond stupid and shameless. You, on the other hand, could actually contribute to the forum if you wanted to. But, you would rather spend your time antagonizing people on here instead of posting anything of use.

BTW, we all know you will be back eventually.

sirlordford
01-18-2006, 08:04 PM
a "HelpingH" bump ttt

BringnIt
01-18-2006, 08:09 PM

Your posts are too long. Try being more succinct.

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 08:11 PM

Your posts are too long. Try being more succinct.

There is no reason to call him a ******* :D :D

kendog
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
wow this rep business is getting deep lmao

JV@Gaspari
01-18-2006, 08:33 PM
And I'll follow "suit" and make it public knowledge that I apologize if I offended said person by calling them the "message board police." I didn't know that there was an actual set of rules on bb.com where a company rep (not a "board rep") is NOT "allowed" to give an honest review of one of the companies own products. I can see how the review would be viewed as biased, but those that know me and how honest I am would know that my intentions were for the best.

Oddly enough, BK and JV (myself) are NOT even actual employees of Gaspari Nutrition. Anyways cant we all just get along? There is plenty of business out there for everyone and arguing on a message board is just plain stupid, but understood in part due to the amount of testosterone flying around on this board. As I originally started out, I'll just post the facts and leave it at that. Lets move on, thank you!

JV

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 08:40 PM
Im lost, when CL threatened legal action against DS and Scivation, everyone brought the roof down. Now SANN is threatening legal action and the general attitude is, "so, its BK." What a double standard we have here. Disturbing.

Kledz
01-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Im lost, when CL threatened legal action against DS and Scivation, everyone brought the roof down. Now SANN is threatening legal action and the general attitude is, "so, its BK." What a double standard we have here. Disturbing.

I see your point of view, but in my eyes the circumstances are significantly different.

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Suing for everyone making money off your IP is one thing. Threatening legal action for remarks on a message board is low. Everyone is hiding behind the "it cant be patented" crap. I had someone take credit for my idea at work and it bugged the heck out of me. I could just imagine if that person was using my idea to make money, Id really be mad. The attitude of this industry is disturbing. Many individuals OBVIOUSLY care more about making money than doing the right thing. Sad.

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I see your point of view, but in my eyes the circumstances are significantly different.

How so?

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 08:53 PM

Did you happen to see the thread they are talking about?

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM

I think the are too in that DS & Scivation are favourites around here, while most dislike BK for his conduct.

Kledz
01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
How so?

I'll be hapy to elaborate. Give me a second, I'm on the phone :)

beer20
01-18-2006, 08:55 PM
can we get a link please?
i m curious to see it...

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
can we get a link please?
i m curious to see it...

The entire thing was deleted because of this :(

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 08:56 PM

Yes, I did. BK said he was going to sue them for duping his formula (in so many words). Ive been through this kind of nonsense and I can understand his anger.

beer20
01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
The entire thing was deleted because of this :(
thats right ... thanx.
well im not familiar with it,guess i missed it...

xGhostinGx
01-18-2006, 09:00 PM
I'll be hapy to elaborate. Give me a second, I'm on the phone :)

You dont need to. There are plenty of BK haters who will justify this and condem that. It will be a losing battle for me.

dito
01-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I remember a time when you could solve problems with a personal phone call and no attorney intervention.

Ahh, good times...

That was a long time ago.

Nada Surf
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
That was a long time ago.

I thought you were a board rep for primaforce, or was it legal gear? Sry it has been awhile since I looked at your signature.

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, I did. BK said he was going to sue them for duping his formula (in so many words). Ive been through this kind of nonsense and I can understand his anger.

1. I have no idea why BK was even allowed back on this forum. He has been caught using multiple user names before I believe.

2. There is no reason to threaten to sue anyone on the board for any reason. Leave it off the forum. It will lead into territory and situations like this. Bruce was just bringing it on here for his own ego.

Anyway, I kind of agree with most of the things you said on here. I was one of the few people that spoke out against CL when they mentioned legal action. I don't think people should be sued for opinions they express on the forum. But, if there were a line that could be crossed for it to be acceptable, I think Bruce leaped over it. So, I can kind of understand where SAN is coming from, even though I would prefer it if they didn't go that route.

dito
01-18-2006, 09:13 PM
Primaforce and I parted ways on good terms.

Kledz
01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
You dont need to. There are plenty of BK haters who will justify this and condem that. It will be a losing battle for me.

Thats cool... I bet it could(potentially) be a good discussion though. What they're suing for and why is all that really needs to be touched upon. I have no clue why any reasonable company or representative would want to flaunt such nonsense in public. It blows my mind.

dito
01-18-2006, 09:21 PM
1. I have no idea why BK was even allowed back on this forum. He has been caught using multiple user names before I believe.

2. There is no reason to threaten to sue anyone on the board for any reason. Leave it off the forum. It will lead into territory and situations like this. Bruce is just bringing it on here for his own ego.

Anyway, I kind of agree with most of the things you said on here. I was one of the few people that spoke out against CL when they mentioned legal action. I don't think people should be sued for opinions they express on the forum. But, if there were a line that could be crossed for it to be acceptable, I think Bruce did cross it. So, I can kind of understand where SAN is coming from, even though I would prefer it if they didn't go that route.

I don't really know what happened. But I have been on the end of censorship via law suit and I did not like it one bit. I think it's a pussy tactic. But I don't know the story.

Kledz
01-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't really know what happened. But I have been on the end of censorship via law suit and I did not like it one bit. I think it's a pussy tactic. But I don't know the story.

With BK I'm assuming?

dito
01-18-2006, 09:26 PM
With CL.

Ok, I got the story now. I don't think SAN is in the wrong here. BK was threatening to sue Lonny, dunno for what. Just looks like they beat him to the punch.

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=7780991&postcount=37
^^^^Like I said, I don't really like it as a tactic either.

I am just trying to look at it from SAN's perspective. I don't think it is as out of line as it seems on the surface, although I still wish SAN had not gone that route.

I really wish the thread had not been deleted. It would be a lot easier to discuss this.

dito
01-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I don't blame them.

dwm230000
01-18-2006, 09:41 PM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=394496&highlight=*******+banned

Kledz
01-18-2006, 09:44 PM
With CL.

Ok, I got the story now. I don't think SAN is in the wrong here. BK was threatening to sue Lonny, dunno for what. Just looks like they beat him to the punch.

His threats and wording were malicious in my opinion, I only know the basics of the CL fiasco but I can guarantee it wasnt narly as agressive.

I am just trying to look at it from SAN's perspective. I don't think it is as out of line as it seems on the surface, although I still wish SAN had not gone that route.

I really wish the thread had not been deleted. It would be a lot easier to discuss this.

From San's pov.... good move. It didnt cost either party anything and probably actually benefited Gaspari in the long run. Think about the terms of the agreement, an apology and thats all. It was more out of principle in my opinion. BK was out of line in several ways, even his apology was over dramatized. Works out for both parties.

Twin Peak
01-19-2006, 05:20 PM
Ghosting, I don't really see your point, CL is much more of a favorite here than is DS. That is obvious.

And the situations appear to be different (I didn't see the thread). Our situation, was simply some of our reps asking questions. Anyway, that issue is long gone.

As a general comment, people do turn too easily to lawyers. That is not good business. There certainly are situations where legal action is warranted, however.

Scivation
01-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Primaforce and I parted ways on good terms.

We did? ;)

dito
01-19-2006, 06:10 PM
No, but it sounds nice and makes us both look profesional. :p

xGhostinGx
01-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Ghosting, I don't really see your point, CL is much more of a favorite here than is DS. That is obvious.

And the situations appear to be different (I didn't see the thread). Our situation, was simply some of our reps asking questions. Anyway, that issue is long gone.

As a general comment, people do turn too easily to lawyers. That is not good business. There certainly are situations where legal action is warranted, however.

My point is a law suit is a law suit, regardless of how it comes about. I think "turn-about" is fair play.

However, I didnt see Lonny threatened to get sued, which is NOT cool. Suing over patents is one thing in my eyes, suing for bad mouthing or arguing is just plain lame. I didnt realize it was a hit back in response to the threat made against Lonny (if this was the case). Definitely a fight fire with fire attitude is in order for this. Clearly I may have jumped the gun (again).

dtrain13
01-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Clearly I may have jumped the gun (again).
O'RLY??? :D

Seriously though, the now deleted thread was out of hand to say the least.

BB2K
01-19-2006, 06:23 PM
Can't we all just get along? lol

dwm230000
01-19-2006, 07:40 PM
My point is a law suit is a law suit, regardless of how it comes about. I think "turn-about" is fair play.

However, I didnt see Lonny threatened to get sued, which is NOT cool. Suing over patents is one thing in my eyes, suing for bad mouthing or arguing is just plain lame. I didnt realize it was a hit back in response to the threat made against Lonny (if this was the case). Definitely a fight fire with fire attitude is in order for this. Clearly I may have jumped the gun (again).

I don't recall if BK said he was going to sue Lonny specifically for anything he had said on the board. He definitely said he was going to be "suing Lonny and SAN"(or seeing them both in court, something to that effect) a few times. It was pretty stupid because Lonny is definitely not going to be involved if there is a lawsuit(unless it was because of something he said on this board I guess). It's hard to discuss this without having the thread to refer to. I don't remember too many specific quotes from it, so it's hard to say what exactly was said and what wasn't. I did feel like BK went over the line with the lawsuit talk, though.

MCWTRAINER
01-19-2006, 07:49 PM
Too many people are just out to sue people these days... It's ridiculous!

Zachattack43
01-19-2006, 08:16 PM
Too many people are just out to sue people these days... It's ridiculous!
yup, i heard a guy sued home depot for glueing his own ass on their toilets, but not to get off topic here;)

factotum
01-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Damn lawyers f*ck everything up don't they?!

avian
01-20-2006, 09:29 AM
Stupid move from SANN in my opnion...

Scivation
01-20-2006, 09:57 AM
No, but it sounds nice and makes us both look profesional. :p

For the record, Derek and Dito have a "very close" relationship.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Kledz
01-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Stupid move from SANN in my opnion...

Did you read the thread before it was deleted?

avian
01-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Did you read the thread before it was deleted?
half of it... then i stoped caring and felt bored with it

am i going to get sued?

BROTHERHOOD
01-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Anyone remember the thread title? I know its deleted....

Ephedra
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Sucks doesn't it....?

Eshamed51
01-20-2006, 03:00 PM
half of it... then i stoped caring and felt bored with it

am i going to get sued?

I will see you in court. Any response my lawyer will handle thank you.

avian
01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
damn
:(

Kledz
01-20-2006, 04:05 PM
Anyone remember the thread title? I know its deleted....

I believe it was something along the lines of "Gaspari size-on and superpump 250"

Then B******* hijacked it

beer20
01-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I believe it was something along the lines of "Gaspari size-on and superpump 250"

Then B******* hijacked it
was it "SuperPump250 and SizeOn = No Limits Training! "?
if so i just found a copy...
EDIT:just the first page so far....

dwm230000
01-20-2006, 08:14 PM
was it "SuperPump250 and SizeOn = No Limits Training! "?
if so i just found a copy...
EDIT:just the first page so far....

link? It was started by JV@Gaspari if that helps. I think that was the title.

beer20
01-20-2006, 08:19 PM
link? It was started by JV@Gaspari if that helps. I think that was the title.
i'll try a few more tricks later,but heres the first page...

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:qwXastAnWLMJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D660276+Gaspari+size-on+and+superpump+250+site:forum.bodybuilding.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

dwm230000
01-20-2006, 08:21 PM
i'll try a few more tricks later,but heres the first page...

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:qwXastAnWLMJ:forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D660276+Gaspari+size-on+and+superpump+250+site:forum.bodybuilding.com&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

That's definitely it :)

That page doesn't include a whole lot of the lawsuit talk, though.

Bane
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM

Agree here. Freedom of speech people, anyone with an IQ over 50 can think for himself

dwm230000
02-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I disagree. I do not remember very many people complaining about CL at all(besides myself and a few others) before they apologized for the whole lawsuit thing.

Lonny
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
Agree here. Freedom of speech people, anyone with an IQ over 50 can think for himself

Or form an opinion without knowing the full story. But make whatever judgements you want about me and/or SAN from this, because anyone who I want to know what really happened does or can. And for anyone who does want to give their opinion, feel free because i'd hate for you to be holding in an assumption, make it public.

Im just glad that Bruce insulted me through his actual username.

And thanks to Bruce for the apology. It was most appreciated, i mean that puts me up by one on PA and Joey right?

Robboe
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Lonny is cool as hell. How could anyone wave anything at him but their arms to gesture a nice big hug.

nni
02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Lonny is cool as hell. How could anyone wave anything at him but their arms to gesture a nice big hug.

i've had it in for Lonny ever since he didnt choose me for free protein powder.

Slated
02-02-2006, 09:59 AM
i mean that puts me up by one on PA and Joey right?
Actually you're still -2 for being Canadian...

;)

dito
02-02-2006, 10:22 AM
i've had it in for Lonny ever since he didnt choose me for free protein powder.

Ditto.