PDA

View Full Version : Bulking - Chipotle Everyday

south_paw
01-17-2006, 09:54 PM
Hey all...I am in the process of bulking.

I dont know if you guys are familiar with the restaurant Chipotle, but it is a burrito place.

If you get the burrito in a bowl without the toritilla and dont get cheese or sour cream it is about 600g of good stuff.

I am going to be eating this for 30 days straight along with other foods.

I think this food may be good for bodybuilders, I will find out and let everyone know.

Buckeye(OH)
01-17-2006, 09:56 PM
I hope this is a joke.

There is upwards of 1k cals in a single serving.

DarrenT
01-17-2006, 09:58 PM
no doubt, 1500 if you get the wrap..little over 1k in the bowl...if thats meal 3..whats meal 1,2,4,5,6 going to look like?

Pschorr0
01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
You will definitely see alot of gains in how big a belt you can break.

south_paw
01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
this is no joke,

I had been eating it about 2 times a week before but am going to add more.

I eat a big
1) breakfast- oats, eggs or shake
2) 10am or so - sandwhich or a bar
3) subway
4) Chipotle
5) shake (40-60g protein)
6) chicken and spinach
7) shake before sleep

that has been the usual for about the past month.

I am trying to gain weight!!! it is dificult for me

vb1175
01-17-2006, 10:11 PM
it sounds like your meals 4, 5, and 6 don't have any carbs, which isn't a good thing if you're trying to bulk up. Balance your meals out, and get rid of a lot of the garbage food. Processed sugars, other processed carbs, and trans fats, which make up the majority of calories in the meals you get at fast food joints, aren't going to do a thing for you in terms of adding mass. Lots of meats, lots of grains, lots of nuts, lots of beans, lots of dairy, lots of weight.

Eggwhites
01-17-2006, 10:13 PM
What a horrible idea...This is the "I'm bulking so I can eat whatever I want and in huge quantities too!" syndrome. You'll get fat.

user4165146510
01-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Bad idea.

Chipotle is BAD!

south_paw
01-17-2006, 11:32 PM
yeah....i am eating a lot, but most of it is not bad.

The chipotle is my calorie meal,

everything else seems to be fairly clean.

Also I am avoiding carbs closer to night as I do not need the energy and hear that carbs not burned before bed turn to fat

vb1175
01-17-2006, 11:35 PM
That's another horrible myth that you need to unlearn if you want to add mass. Balance your carbs out all day long, including before bed, with the exception of post-workout when you should be consuming more carbs than at any other meal. Your body burns fuel all day long, and surprisingly burns more calories while sleeping than it does while you sit on your ass and watch TV. It takes energy to repair/grow your body while you sleep at night after you've broken it down all day long working out and just generally living.

Also I am avoiding carbs closer to night as I do not need the energy and hear that carbs not burned before bed turn to fat

surfgod777
01-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Here is their nutrition info, so you can figure out what you are actually consuming...

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=chipotle

south_paw
01-17-2006, 11:37 PM
That's another horrible myth that you need to unlearn if you want to add mass. Balance your carbs out all day long, including before bed. Your body burns fuel all day long, and surprisingly burns more calories while sleeping than it does while you sit on your ass and watch TV. It takes energy to repair/grow your body while you sleep at night after you've broken it down all day long working out and just generally living.

this is probably true. I have it ingrained in my head that carbs are bad, I need to unlearn that. I have been having life long problems bulking, and I figure that lack of carbs is the driver of that problem...... CHIPOTLE has rice in it though, haha so that is carbs :)

south_paw
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Here is their nutrition info, so you can figure out what you are actually consuming...

http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=chipotle

!!! Thanks for this awesome Link!,

I added up the chipotle combo that I get and here are the results:

Fat: 21g
Carbs: 92g
Protein: 46g
Sodium: 2334mg

The fat looks a little high, and I see that this has a ton of sodium....I think Chipotle might not be as great as I thought

vb1175
01-17-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah, I'm sure you're getting a lot of carbs, but maybe not enough, and it doesn't sound like you're getting them at the right times, nor are you necessarily getting the cleanest carbs you can. There's a lot to be said for clean food. It makes you grow, and if nothing else makes you feel a hell of a lot better. Eat some oats or brown rice at night, man!

That is a lot of sodium, and the fat is pretty high. I'd be concerned what kind of fat you're getting too. My guess is there's a good bit of trans fat in there. This definitely shouldn't be a daily staple!

surfgod777
01-17-2006, 11:52 PM
!!! Thanks for this awesome Link!,

I added up the chipotle combo that I get and here are the results:

Fat: 21g
Carbs: 92g
Protein: 46g
Sodium: 2334mg

The fat looks a little high, and I see that this has a ton of sodium....I think Chipotle might not be as great as I thought
No problem bro. I a huge fan of Chipolte too, so when I looked over some of the stuff, I was a bit surprised myself. One of the major problems is that when they say "chicken", which I thought was healthy, doesn't mean chicken breast. It is every other part of the chicken. It taste good, but has 11g of fat per 4oz!

south_paw
01-18-2006, 12:00 AM
here was my the results from my cut, but I am now trying to gain weight, and take in 3000-4000 calories... and I thought chipotle would be a good all around way to acheive this.

I am glad you guys pointed out that this is not the best way. I will look for other solutions.

BurritoJim
01-18-2006, 04:29 AM
Chipotle is fine. Eat up.

Kurz
01-18-2006, 05:03 AM
Sodium is high, but bulking = bulking...........eat up!

PoopEater
01-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Chipotle isn't ideal, but it isn't as bad as most other fast food places. At least they have beans, rice, and REAL meat. It has a bit of fat and a good clip of salt, but if you're bulking, I see no problem with eating it. You have to be careful what you put on it though. When I'd go, I'd always get:

Burrito Bowl
Rice
Black or Pinto Beans
Barbacoa beef
no cheese, no sour cream, no guac, no chips

I'd drink water, not soda.

If chosen correctly, you can get a burrito that is around 700 calories, which is just fine for a bulking meal (for my metabolism).

Check this site out, you can 'build' your own burrito and see the nutritient breakdown:

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator

edit: Oh, and I myself would never eat Chipotle every day.

JamesInLA
01-18-2006, 03:27 PM
My standard bowl is chicken, pinto beans and rice: ~600cal. Little high in fat but not a killer. I feel no guilt having one of these a week.

I also eat only half the rice, as I think they over-serve it, and it is the source of 7g fat in that combination.

Adam444
01-18-2006, 05:33 PM
You obviously look great.

You KNOW that it's not the BEST meal in the world, but it's better than fast food. If it works for YOU, just eat up.

Only thing is, drink lots of water... Subway + Chipotle = 3000mg+ sodium.

If you start gaining fat too fast, just cut back to 2-3 times a week...

David77
01-18-2006, 05:43 PM
here was my the results from my cut, but I am now trying to gain weight, and take in 3000-4000 calories... and I thought chipotle would be a good all around way to acheive this.

I am glad you guys pointed out that this is not the best way. I will look for other solutions.

Nice definition, you're waist looks like it's 28".

trem0lo
01-18-2006, 07:23 PM
I do the burrito bowl with rice, black beans, chicken and salsa. Then I pour the green tobasco sauce all over it. The only bad thing about it is the chicken is fatty and the sodium content is really high.

If you're an ecto, however, I say go for the whole deal: burrito, sour cream, cheese... mmmmm I miss eating those.

CaGray88
01-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Chipotle is kickass. Don't know about the nutrition info though.

south_paw
01-19-2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks all.

I think the steak is actually better for you at chipotle.

The chicken has more fat etc I heard, and steak tastes better.

I worry most about the sodium as opposed to fat etc...
But I figure if everything else I have is pretty low fat 20-30g of fat in one meal isnt too bad.

That is my take. So far I hae eaten there everyday this week, and about 15 times last month

cbus-jeff
01-19-2006, 07:59 AM
Thanks all.

I think the steak is actually better for you at chipotle.

The chicken has more fat etc I heard, and steak tastes better.

I worry most about the sodium as opposed to fat etc...
But I figure if everything else I have is pretty low fat 20-30g of fat in one meal isnt too bad.

That is my take. So far I hae eaten there everyday this week, and about 15 times last month

Can I buy stock in Chipotle???? LOL!

P01Shooter
01-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Mmmm.....Chipolte. You should be fine other than the large amounts of sodium which will add some water weight to you. I used to eat there 3 times a week after working out and never had any issues with fat gain.

JamesInLA
01-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Can I buy stock in Chipotle???? LOL!
You can buy stock in McDonald's, which owns Chipotle.