PDA

View Full Version : Check out my diet for losing PLEEEZZZ

JACKYOUUP
10-25-2002, 02:00 PM
im wrestling this season, and im tryin to get really lite so i can wrestle in my designated weight class. i got some fat on me. bout 20-25 pounds of it. most of it got to go. i need to do lots of cardio to get in shape. so i need energy. lowcarb diet would just hurt me and drop just water and i wont lose anything. so heres my diet plan what do u guyz think.. im 5'6, 160 pounds, 20% bodyfat

jump rope for 10-15 minutes 1st thing in the morning

Meal 1:

Xenadrine(half hour b4 breakfast)

Slimfast shake w/ 1 teaspoon flaxoil (lol ive heard slim-flax)

Meal 2:

2 cups skim milk, banana

Meal 3:

(pre-workout, consist of pushups pullups situps and running, some lifting few days a week)

Slimfast bar (mostly this or a powerbar sometimes)

Meal 4: (post-work-out)

scoop of whey protein isolate, apple w/ tablespoon lowfatpeanutbutter

Meal 5:

4-5 ounce chicken, baked potato w/ veggies in salad, multi-vitamin, teaspoon oil

Meal 6:

3/4 cup oatmeal and lil bit of raisons and cup of skim milk

::::Comes to about 1600 calories, 116 grams of protein, 217 carbs., and 25 gram fat::::

BMV
10-25-2002, 02:10 PM
That, IMO, is a horrible diet. You need more protein too. Throw in some egg whites and oatmeal for breakfast and also lose the slim fast crap.

lowcarb diet would just hurt me and drop just water and i wont lose anything

Please explain...

YellowJacket
10-25-2002, 02:47 PM
Yea, thats a horrible diet....you need more solid foods and protein, slim fast is bull****. You're probably going to lose a bit of muscle mass not getting enough protein and doing that much cardio. Dont be afraid of carbs, they are great for energy and are essential in the metabolism of fat. And dont be afraid of fat either, they discharge 9 calories of energy per gram. just avoid saturated fats. Your post workout shake is horrbile, dont put peanut butter in it, it just slows down absorbtion. And post workout carbs are essential also. You have only those from an apple, which will not suffice. I agree a low carb diet will hurt you, but not for that reason. Drink a lot of water also.

JACKYOUUP
10-26-2002, 05:48 AM
i think u guyz are goin about this the wrong way. appreciate the help and all. but i said my goal is to get lighter. like a low-calorie diet. muscle, i keep most of cuz i take glutamine, get the neccessary protein believe it or not, and dont do heavy weight training so i dont tear 2 much of the muscle. pushups pullups and situps are the main chore of my muscle strength gaining. been on this plan for bout week and a half i can do more pushups and pullups then i ever could and im losing fat the way i should be. see id rather attack the fat, then later on cut my water weight. so carbs are a must as of now esp. the way i train.

And yes a lowcarb diet will hurt me as of now. if ur endurance training, ur energy levels will go down and u will lose endurance believe it or not. ill lower it down a bit when it comes down to the end for water weight. u kno save the best for last.

And what is the problem w/ slimfast anywayz? seriously look at the nutrient facts its got all kinds of healthy stuff. like high in fiber and pottasium. jus cuz it aint high in protein dont mean it aint a good thing. jus add a lil flaxoil and half scoop of protein powder its a real good meal esp if ur in a rush.

And yes ur rite bout the peanut butter after the workout. not a good idea. ill add it to my dinner instead. And ill add some more carbs after my workout. hows an apple and a piece of grain bread? does it all have to be sugar? thanx for the help guyz

Anxed
10-26-2002, 07:12 AM
And yes a lowcarb diet will hurt me as of now. if ur endurance training, ur energy levels will go down and u will lose endurance believe it or not. ill lower it down a bit when it comes down to the end for water weight. u kno save the best for last.

And what is the problem w/ slimfast anywayz? seriously look at the nutrient facts its got all kinds of healthy stuff. like high in fiber and pottasium. jus cuz it aint high in protein dont mean it aint a good thing. jus add a lil flaxoil and half scoop of protein powder its a real good meal esp if ur in a rush.

lowcarb diets do not necessarily mean low energy levels... fat is a great source of fuel for the body... but suit yourself...

the problem with slimfast is the carbohydrates are all sugars... the protein is garbage... fiber is good... but thats readily available in plenty other foods... as are the vitamins...

but there again... suit yourself :rolleyes:

and I agree.. this diet you show is terrible...

ironlung
10-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Slimfast = GARBAGE! Almost pure high frutcose corn syrup.. which in essence is the fat bullet!

JACKYOUUP
10-26-2002, 01:21 PM
well guys the thing is i know ALOT about working out and nutrition. Yes i know protein is very important to get alot of and slimfast is just crap for the bodybuilding man. but the thing is i dont have alot of money. my family i guess u can say their poor when we get food stamps and all. im lucky i can work and save and invest some money for whey protein, musclefitness books and magazines, glutamine/creatine and multis gym membership esc. when i read protein could be over rated and u dont really need that much of it cuz most of it aint used RARELY, this is what motivated me. like YAY dont gotta eat a cow every freakin day to reach a goal. and i get slimfast products for free from a family we know. great deal. y the hell would i turn it down? doc says i get great nutrients from it sh*t ill take his word for it.

I had no problem putting on muscle and gaining strength i was amazed and enjoyed every day of lifting. 1 of the strongest kidz in my scool not to be cocky. now i never really tried to lose weight b4 so yeah i can see y my first diet can seem alittle crappy. But hey im trying to work with all the protein i could here. if i cant get the high protein sh*t i better higher my carbs u kno. my body will go into survival mode if i dont and ill shrivel up like a raison. so guyz if u think nutrition is 90% of your bodybuilding thats fine. but for me, its a good 60% i train for the love of the sport and i love the intensity ppl should hit the gym more, results are there. My name is Nick and im proud to be a part of this forum of glory..

YellowJacket
10-26-2002, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by JACKYOUUP
my family i guess u can say their poor when we get food stamps and all. im lucky i can work and save and invest some money for whey protein, musclefitness books and magazines, glutamine/creatine and multis gym membership esc.

Well I would normally feel sorry for you, but I dont, if you can afford a worthless product like glutamine then you arent poor and I dont think food stamps but sports supplements. And I also dont feel sorry for you because you waste money or books and magazines when you can get online and get all that information for free. And most of the **** in the magazines is exactly that....****. Im not telling you how to spend your money, but this isnt a place for pity especially when you waste enough money or hyped up bull****.

JACKYOUUP
10-26-2002, 03:46 PM
yellowjacket id like to thank you for ur 2 cents. ur rite this is not a place for pity, but i never asked any1 to feel sorry for me, im very happy. i showed my love for the sport and tryed to connect with you guys. but no obviously yellowjacket u like to think urself as a pumping robot w/ no feelings or sensitivity. sorry this post wasnt ment for people like you. ppl who need to lightin up, like urself. and sorry for tempting to get ur mind off track just get back to lifting and eating. and if ur not tellin me how to spend my money, then why u judgin the sh*t i buy? jus cuz u think their pointless dont mean jump in my personal life and criticize my fuking wealth. who do u think u are man? u dont kno nothing so why instigate and point fingers? glutamine doesnt work for every1 and dont have alot of use for most diet styles. but still im not about to thrash a great supplement that works for most ppl that knos the good use for it. thats all u need 2 know.

Anxed
10-26-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by JACKYOUUP
yellowjacket id like to thank you for ur 2 cents. ur rite this is not a place for pity, but i never asked any1 to feel sorry for me, im very happy. i showed my love for the sport and tryed to connect with you guys. but no obviously yellowjacket u like to think urself as a pumping robot w/ no feelings or sensitivity. sorry this post wasnt ment for people like you. ppl who need to lightin up, like urself. and sorry for tempting to get ur mind off track just get back to lifting and eating. and if ur not tellin me how to spend my money, then why u judgin the sh*t i buy? jus cuz u think their pointless dont mean jump in my personal life and criticize my fuking wealth. who do u think u are man? u dont kno nothing so why instigate and point fingers? glutamine doesnt work for every1 and dont have alot of use for most diet styles. but still im not about to thrash a great supplement that works for most ppl that knos the good use for it. thats all u need 2 know.

man, I hear what your saying, but I somewhat agree with YJ... while, there may not be much you can do about it now... you
should take that cash you would spend on magazines and supps, and invest in some good ol food... you can buy some serious groceryage with the money you would be spending... get some
tuna... some chicken... some sweet potatoes... oatmeal... whatever it is you need... because THAT, my friend, is 100x better than the stuff you are taking now (including the stuff in your diet)... the supps arent gonna do squat for you without PROPER nutrition...

this is just my opinion, bro... just here to give you some friendly advice... its up to you to do what you want to with it...

g'luck...:)

JACKYOUUP
10-26-2002, 05:18 PM
glutamine $21.99 last me months. magazines 35.95 i get a whole subsribtion and get 1 in the mail every month. this 50$ is a good investment that lasts me long. so this cant be an issue, really. besides i love reading and studying about it, mite even open up a gym in the future ill come up w/ ideas soon and tell u about it