2 ice cubes
2 tbps splenda
1 tbps flaxseed oil (optional)
cinnamon + vanilla extract to taste
squirt of whipped cream on the top
-------------------------
one variation i tried tonight:
half cup 4% cottage cheese + extra 4oz water

also i like to use my almond breeze for about half the liquid content, i just happen to be out,
you can also add heavy whipping cream to make it creamier.

x buhlayz x
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
stolen from locarbdiner.com:
-------------------------
Great news about avocados! The California variety is low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats! They are also packed with vitamins, minerals and powerful antioxidants.

Most of the avocados sold in the United States come from California or Florida. The California Haas are smaller with a pebbly skin in dark green to purplish-black; the Florida Fuertes are larger and have smooth, bright green skin. The Haas have a rich buttery texture and deep flavor while the Fuertes have less fat and more water for a blander flavor.

It?s important to know which variety you are buying! The Haas avocados have about half the Net Effective Carbs and are higher in iron, folate and vitamin E than the Fuerte variety.

Carb-conscious dieters know that carbohydrates in the form of fiber are not counted as ?Net Carbs? ? the carbs that interfere with weight control. Half of a Haas avocado has 6 grams of Total Carbohydrate, but the 4.2 grams of fiber brings the Net Carbs down to just 1.7 grams. There are also 1.8 grams of protein, 153 calories and 15 grams of ?good? fats.

Plus, you?ll gain significant amounts of folate, vitamin A, vitamin E (more than any other fruit), potassium, iron, magnesium, copper, vitamin B6, and riboflavin. Induction dieters are encouraged to enjoy half a Haas avocado every day!

Avocados are also rich in phytochemicals. They are highest of all fruits in lutein, a carotenoid that fights macular degeneration; in glutathione, an antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals and can help prevent cancer; and in beta sitosterol which helps to lower blood cholesterol levels.

tweety09
01-23-2008, 07:04 AM
i love avocados.. i eat one every night as my prebed meal.. but i never considered "doing" something with them.. i eat them as they are..

littleboots
01-28-2008, 10:34 PM
it's also good with unsweetened cocoa powder

vgbblife
07-16-2008, 09:26 PM
it's also good with unsweetened cocoa powder

wow I need to try this, Just made 1 with half a cup of whole milk, scoop of vanilla whey protein, 8 packets of splenda, 4 ice cubes and 8 ounces water. Tastes very good, but I'm afraid I might have over did it on carbs.

The 8 packets comes out to maybe 4g carbs? Says less then 1g carb per packet so I figure .5. 5.5 carb from milk, then the avocado itself. Don't know where I can get a haas avocado, but the only stuff I found was the regular variety i think. thats another 4g net carbs give or take.

10g of carbs, not too bad I guess if you really watch everything else your eating.

Avocado should be a staple in any keto diet imo. Great potasium, great fiber, very low on carbs, great fat. The ketoers' fruit.

biggsey93
07-17-2008, 07:42 AM
thats what i forgot to buy at wegmans lol. the chef at the restaurant i used to work at made avocado milk shakes every day for me and the other portuguese workers hah and we would have like 8 cups a day. they were crazy good. i always wanted to try making them myself using splenda and almond breeze in place for the milk and sugar. thanks for reminding me