PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe I ate the whole thing FUDGE

stewaat
01-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Alright Keto'ers & AD'ers...I made a dangerous dish. It was way too good and I over indulged and proceeded to eat the entire batch over the course of the day.

Please make this only if you have extremely good self control:

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
3 squares of bakers chocolate (3 oz)
1 packet of sugar free pudding (You can try removing this to drop some carbs. Maybe put a scoop of protein in it's place. I wish I did! ahhhh 24 carbs!)
1/4 cup of almond flour
1/4 cup of diced walnuts
4 packets of splenda
Couple drops of vanilla extract

Cooking instructions:
Put 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream and 3 squares of chocolate in saucepan and melt together over low heat

Once they form a creamy substance put it in a mixing bowl. Mix in the pudding (or protein) and splenda first. Add in the almond flour and walnuts and the final 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and stir around until you get a batter that will stick together.

I spooned the fudge into a cupcake pan. I used 9 slots and used the cupcake paper holder things in the slots. Hope that makes sense.

When you got them in there put them in the fridge. They will be fudge like in an hour. Oh and if you want spray a little whipped cream on top when you pull one out to eat it.

Anyways...here's the macros for 9 servings:

165 cals, 15g fat, 10 carbs, 2 fiber, 3 protein.

Remember that's with the pudding mix. The servings were a GOOD size. They had the perfect fudge texture. I love chocolate and this was my 3rd attempt at fudge and I nailed it.

So there are 8 NET carbs per piece. Yes I ate all 9 today which = 72 carbs. Yes that was terrible. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

With protein you'll save 3 carbs/piece. That would've helped me quite a bit!

No photos. I'm sure I'll make another batch and I will post pics. Not making the batch for a week or two though!

x buhlayz x
01-21-2008, 06:24 PM
i have the same problem,
im taking it easy on the keto desserts for a little while.
they are just too damn tasty

stewaat
01-21-2008, 07:16 PM
Yea man. My keto sweet fix will be sugar free jello. I can eat a whole packet...40 cals. So easy to make and very tasty. Might put a little whipped cream on top for orange & creme.

Teacher77
01-21-2008, 08:31 PM
1 packet of sugar free pudding (You can try removing this to drop some carbs. Maybe put a scoop of protein in it's place. I wish I did! ahhhh 24 carbs!)
165 cals, 15g fat, 10 carbs, 2 fiber, 3 protein.

If i were you, i won't be worried to much about 24g of carbs. Anybody burns that with a few minutes of jogging or a good workout.

If i were you, it's the 165*9 = 1485 calories i'd be worried about !! Aren't you cutting ? That's more than 4 of my meals when i cut

Not talking about the "only 7% protein" to make it even worse...

stewaat
01-22-2008, 03:46 AM
Oh yes I'm cutting. It wasn't the best day for that but I still managed to stay at 210.5 lbs. I had too many cals/carbs yesterday. I'm going to closely manage everything today to make sure I get back on track. I am cutting on 2800-3000 cals a day and I eat 5 meals.

It was a lesson learned in keto dessert making :D

I have the sugar free jello ready to go in case of emergency

Teacher77
01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
It was a lesson learned in keto dessert making :D

lol reminds me of my first keto days, about a year ago.

Anyway, my point was the following : being kicked out of keto by 24g is not a super big deal. Let's say you have a choice between "being kicked out of ketosis for a day with 96 cals of carbs" or "staying in ketosis but taking in 1500 cals extra", the 1st choice is definitly better, in my opinion.

Sure being kicked out of keto will impact on fat mobilization and fat use for fuel, etc. until the 24g of carbs are burnt again. Sure the momentary lack of ketones might also impact on your energy levels, mood, etc. Sure the appetite-blunting effect of ketones might be gone for a short while. But you'll still be in a caloric deficit. On the other side, a caloric surplus will make you gain weight, keto or not.

I am cutting on 2800-3000 cals a day and I eat 5 meals.

You lucky bastard ! What's your maintenance ?

Even now with a blurry set of abs and 6 months of bulking under my belt, my maintenance is around 2800-3000. Last summer after a long cut it was 2600. Boy i'd wish to cut at 2800 lol. The reality is more 2200-2300... and that's still a small deficit for me.

stewaat
01-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I'd guess my maintenance is about 3300.

I was trying to stay around 2200 cals for cutting but I was getting NOWHERE. I bump it up to 2800 and I'm losing weight. It's crazy, I can't explain it.

I probably had 3500 cals yesterday, so it wasn't too detrimental to my progress.

I fully understand your post though. I need to make sure to not go overboard with cals because I don't need to knock myself back a couple days.

Even with eating the entire batch I did not gain anything the next day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/stewaat/101_0665.jpg

There's a pic to get an idea of what body type I have. It isn't great but it's a good start. Down to 210.5

I haven't felt any Keto effects. Day #7 about to go in the books. 6.5 lbs lost, probably mainly water weight. Haven't gone up any day.

Teacher77
01-22-2008, 06:28 PM
I was trying to stay around 2200 cals for cutting but I was getting NOWHERE. I bump it up to 2800 and I'm losing weight. It's crazy, I can't explain it.

Was it a keto diet ? One thing is certain though : with a too large deficit, you might have slown down your metabolic rate at a point where the deficit was much smaller.

I fully understand your post though. I need to make sure to not go overboard with cals because I don't need to knock myself back a couple days.

Well i also insisted on that because many people think the only important thing to this diet is the low-carbing issue. It sure is important but too much cals won't do you good even with zero carbs. For example, i saw some people going "ohhh i ate a little too much carbs so i'll drink 2-3 tbs of oil to compensate". That's just BS : the 65-30-5 recommended ratio are for someone eating around 13-14cals / lb of LBM. The limit on carbs truly is 30-50g, gramwize, no matter how much cals you have. If you bust that limit, you'll get out of ketosis, no matter how much fat you add on top. If carb over-eating happens, go run for 20 mins. That's the only way to get back in ketosis faster. Adding more fat than your meal plan says will only do you wrong.

stewaat
01-23-2008, 08:08 AM
It wasn't a keto diet. It was a low fat diet with moderate carbs and high protein. 50-35-15

Didn't do the trick at all plus I was hungry all the time.

I also understand there is a CEILING at 50g carbs. I'm trying to eat under 25g right now.

I also must point out I'm doing the Anabolic Diet, which is basically the same thing as Keto. I really don't see any differences.

I'm more doing a mix...because Friday I'm going to do a depletion workout before my Saturday carb up. I'm only doing a 1 day carb up and will do a heavy cardio session on Sunday.

Oh and I'm a terrible person. I made another batch. However, I have practiced great control. I'm guessing there was 1700 cals in the batch. I put in a couple scoops of protein powder. You HAVE to use the pudding or else it will be a really sticky batter. The pudding makes it the perfect texture and great for splitting up.

1700 cals / 15 pieces

Per piece:
115-200 cals
9g fat
5.2g net carbs (6.4-1.2)
5g protein

They're delicious and I had to try them with protein powder. Came out great. I'll take a pic tonight of a finished product.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
01-23-2008, 04:58 PM
fat ass lol

stewaat
01-24-2008, 08:31 AM
fat ass lol

Whatever Shaggy

Just playing Mr. lovrlovr...hmmmmmmmmmmm

They call me mr. bombastic, really fanta............

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
01-25-2008, 06:10 AM
I'm a lover not a whole pan of boombastic brownies eater

*cough* 2 days in a row

P.S. Where's the promised photo of said irresitable brownies

stewaat
01-25-2008, 10:26 AM
Pics tonight, if I am alive after my depletion workout and eating some carbs.

I'm almost scared to eat carbs

stewaat
01-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I accidentally didn't look this over and used 1 cup of whipping cream for this batch! That adds quite a bit of fat.

Here's the macros I got per serving (12 servings)
160cal
13g fat
2 Net carbs
8g protein

1 C heavy cream (next batch will be 3/4 cup! SO the fat is a little high for this batch...with 3/4 cup the cals would drop to 145ish and the fat would drop to 11.5ish)
2 scoops casein
1 scoop whey
3 squares of baking chocolate (unsweetened)
1/4 cup almond flour
1/4 cup diced walnuts

Very easy to make and I didn't need the pudding!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/stewaat/101_0675.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/stewaat/101_0676.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/stewaat/101_0677.jpg

*I think the white material is excess cream. Once again I put in a bit too much. Oh well next time I'll get it perfect!