PDA

View Full Version : Is this an ok way to eat oats?

Calfmaster
01-17-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey guys
I'm bulking now and have been loading up on carbs. Because I'm only 17 and my abilities in the cooking field well... suck I've been doing a lot of oats. My dad how ever has gotten really worried that I'm not eating them right , so I just wanted to ask to make sure I'm OK.

I'm using instant Quaker oats and instead of boiling the water, I'm just using the hot water from my sink. Basically I'm just putting enough in there so it's soft but not really watery - and if i let it sit for a while it tends to be come a tad pasty.
Anyway I'm also eating alot of this, I think yesterday I must of ate like 4 cups (8 servings). I haven't really noticed anything weird about it but I'm wondering if my dad is right and its just building up in the gut.

Mister_A
01-17-2006, 09:14 AM
The instant stuff you can easily microwave.

1 cup oats and 1-1.25 cups water. Microwave 1 minute.

Get Old Fashioned oats. They're less processed and still easy to make. Just microwave the same amount of oats and water for about 4-5minutes.

NorBerg
01-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Guess its allright way to prepare them, but even though your seventeen, you SHOULD be ably to BOIL WATER, tis not that difficult! goddamnit:D

Also if its the quaker oats i think it is, theyre NOT good oats, to processed carbs...

Calfmaster
01-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Guess its allright way to prepare them, but even though your seventeen, you SHOULD be ably to BOIL WATER, tis not that difficult! goddamnit:D

Also if its the quaker oats i think it is, theyre NOT good oats, to processed carbs...

Hey hey... don't underestimate my lazyness !

Ok so guys whats a better oats? I need something quick to make though, thats the only reason I go with this one

Calfmaster
01-17-2006, 09:19 AM
The instant stuff you can easily microwave.

1 cup oats and 1-1.25 cups water. Microwave 1 minute.

Get Old Fashioned oats. They're less processed and still easy to make. Just microwave the same amount of oats and water for about 4-5minutes.

I don't microwave because I always thought they burn up the protien

TechGuy
01-17-2006, 09:50 AM

Ok so guys whats a better oats? I need something quick to make though, thats the only reason I go with this one

get Quaker Old Fashioned Oats from Wal-Mart or wherever you grocery shop!

dropxxzone
01-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I don't microwave because I always thought they burn up the protien
Wouldn't worry about burning up the small amount of protein in oats, you're not eating oats for the protein.

dropxxzone
01-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Get quaker old fashion (non instant). Ingredients: 100% rolled oats.

Throw some in a bowl, toss it in the microwave for 4-4.5 minutes and they're done...

dropxxzone
01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Also, if you're against cooking them, throw them in a blender with your protein shake.

Or what I do is eat a mouthful then take a drink of my strawberry ON whey in water, they chew up real nice and taste good.