PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Newbie Question ~ Gain Muscle Lost Fat

D_ReKK
01-16-2006, 04:10 AM
I have a question that has been asked time in time out.

I know that muscle is gained eating over the body's daily maintenance of calories and I know that fat is lost eating less than the body's daily maintenance of calories. My question is what happens if you are not cut, and you begin a clean bulk. Will you be able to lose the fat while gaining muscle?

Wouldn't it make sense for everyone overweight to lose weight first then, acheive the body they want, then to clean bulk from there?

Locarius
01-16-2006, 05:03 AM
It is possible to gain muscle mass and lose fat if you are very out of shape, however as you become more fit it will become difficult to put on considerable muscle mass and remain lean (unless you are really willing to bulk up slowly and cleanly).

emunah
01-16-2006, 05:23 AM
If you are a newbie you can do both. OR, if you are doing a good routine for the first time, you can do both (even if a non-newbie)

A clean bulk will result in muscle gain and minimal fat gain. Whether you start from cutting or bulking depends on your starting point. If you have signficant fat to lose, it would be better to work on losing that.

HoopMadness
01-16-2006, 07:43 AM
Gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is possible, I have done it many times. Check out Hatfield's Zig Zag article on www.drsquat.com