PDA

View Full Version : Body For Life aerobic solution

Bodypump
12-30-2001, 12:18 PM
Hey

I'm doing cardio 3-4 times a week.....30-45 minutes with slow intensity....I've heard that slow intensity cardio burns more fat than high intensity, and it keeps from burning off your muscles.
So I have been doing that lately, coz I wanna burn excess fat while keeping most of my muscle. But then I read the body for life book, and bill phillips says high intensity burns more fat.High intensity for 20 minutes.....and you will burn more calories with high intensity during the day....Is it smart to use this type of cardio If I wanna keep most of my muscle?

Bodypump

CyberGod
12-30-2001, 01:54 PM
I dont think that you will burn more fat by doing a 20 min of high intensity...Here is what you should do:

Wake up, take 5-10 g of glutamine in water (No juice, no milk, just water and glutamine), start your cardio medium intensity (65%) for 45 mins. After that, eat your regular breakfast (dont forget your protein) and start your day as usual.

Khafra
12-30-2001, 02:58 PM
You burn more total calories with high intensity cardio, so even though a lower percentage are fat, you're burning more fat per minute with high intensity. If your primary goal is sparing muscle, instead of losing the most weight you can per minute of exercise, low intensity, empty stomach, 5g of l-glutamine is your best bet.