PDA

View Full Version : Final Week!

gymstud2002
10-22-2002, 07:47 PM
Well, it seems like I've been in contest prep mode forever when it's really been 4 months, with the last two being the most rigorous. Last show is 4 days away and I'm still pumped about this! Been able to stay on the diet and I'm continuing to get leaner, so this last show should be my best showing. The effects of low carb and low fat diet are more pronounced this week. Energy and brain function during the day fade in and out, and evenings are real rough! (Please pardon any bad writing and typos!) I was hoping for a quiet work week and I tried to avoid scheduling meetings Wed-Fri, but now I'm slammed. I'll use Taraxatone to dehydrate Wed-Fri, which ought to be real interesting, given that I have several business meetings and I expect I will be excusing myself repeatedly. Anyone have any good excuses or explanations? Wed is last day of fish and chicken diet; two days of nothing but beef and grapefruit actually sound good! God this is a sick sport! Have one last brief cardio session and one last depletion workout. Finally got 35mm film back from the last show. Scanned one pic... here it is. I'll post a show report and some kind of a season wrap-up.

snakeman
10-22-2002, 07:53 PM
goodluck bro, just think it will soon be over and you can relax and enjoy yourself for a while. i hope you do well. nice pic, very lean.

tracyb555
10-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Looking better & better with every picture. Sounds like this run of contests has been a great learning experience as well as a chance to receive some props for all the hard work you have done. I really appreciate all of the time you have taken to offer us lesser mortals the benefit of your expertise :)

Good luck in your last two shows and thanks for sharing!!

edster951
10-22-2002, 11:07 PM
Looking better and better each time we see you.

Good luck matey...

TampaIronMan
10-23-2002, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by edster951
Looking better and better each time we see you.

Good luck matey...
Looking fantastic man! Good luck and bring it home in style! That pic is the best yet, by far.

TrishB
10-23-2002, 01:50 PM
Definitely the best pic yet! You are looking so good! Your hard work has paid off bigtime. Best of luck to you!

kendo
10-23-2002, 02:23 PM
Jeez man lookin awesome definitely comin in shredded now good luck with the last show n u'll be ready in time for the pumpkin pie!

Charger
10-23-2002, 03:30 PM
Great pic stud, suddenly I feel really fat. Great work, I am sure you will do well.

gymstud2002
10-25-2002, 11:30 AM
Thanks everybody (he says as he nearly gags on one more dry, unsalted 96% lean beef patty pushed down with a slice of grapefruit!). The support has really been great -- I feel like I have a whole group of friends out there pushing me along. It's been a crazy business week and I haven't practiced my mandatories, 60 or 90 once, and don't really have the energy to do it. Sleeping has been lousy, a common contest diet complaint. But I'll find a way to get some practice time in front of the camcorder before heading out tomorrow morning. Will let you know how I do.

kendo
10-25-2002, 12:35 PM
Good luck bro were all rootin for ya!

pumped818
10-25-2002, 11:24 PM
With the new pic being from your last show, 2 weeks ago I think, and you've been continuing to prep, you were great then. You must be Awesome now! Best of luck to you. With your dedication, I bet you're going to do great!