PDA

View Full Version : Cut aint working

shadownynja
01-06-2006, 09:24 PM
3 weeks and im the same weight basically. So im gonna try something new......

Breakfast 6am- 1/2 cup oats and 4 egg whites, efa pills, e/c stack, multi

Snack 1 9am - 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice, broccoli

Lunch 12pm- Lean meat, veggies, efa pills, e/c stack

Snack 2 3pm- 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice, broccoli

pre workout shake 6pm 1/2 cup oats and 2 scoops on gold whey with e/c stack
((((Weightlifting and 15 min's cardio)
Post workout shake 8:30 1/4 cup oats and 2 scoops gold whey and 50 grams dex

Prebed meal 10:30 pm 3/4 cup FF Cot Cheese and efa's

Ok im really really really Trying to lose weight and 3 weeks of remaining the same weight has pissed me off and induced a few cheats. I really want to redo this. I dont care how much it costs and how much work it takes. I cant stand being fat.

JamesInLA
01-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Dude how many calories is that? 1500 if you're lucky? No wonder it's not working, your body thinks you're dying.

And there's no need to be eating four scoops of whey a day. Eat some food!

shadownynja
01-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Ok.... so 1 scoop pre and 2 post?

Thats 3 chicken breasts a day. Wtf else can i add in.

armz_ha
01-06-2006, 11:27 PM
diet looks good to me. I've added the foods you listed and it looks like you're eating around 1800-2000 calories per day.

don't know why you're not losing weight. what's your training schedule like?

armz_ha
01-06-2006, 11:29 PM
And there's no need to be eating four scoops of whey a day. Eat some food!
wtf yo:confused:

4 scoops of whey per day= about 80 grams of protein.

you should get 50 percent of your protein from shakes and 50% from whole foods. nothing wrong with that.

shadownynja
01-06-2006, 11:33 PM
Sweet so this all sounds good then? i thought i did pretty good. Im getting protein during the entire day and lots of healthy nutrients and carbs.

I was eating less then this and without the e/c stack or fish oil so hopefully this combo will work better... Do you think i will notice a difference in my weight loss with fish oil and e/c 25mg and 200mg respectivley....?????

Also i may throw a bannana or 2 in different places

armz_ha
01-06-2006, 11:35 PM
3 weeks and im the same weight basically. So im gonna try something new......

Breakfast 6am- 1/2 cup oats and 4 egg whites, efa pills, e/c stack, multi

Snack 1 9am - 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice, broccoli

Lunch 12pm- Lean meat, veggies, efa pills, e/c stack

Snack 2 3pm- 1 grilled chicken breast, 1 serving brown rice, broccoli

pre workout shake 6pm 1/2 cup oats and 2 scoops on gold whey with e/c stack
((((Weightlifting and 15 min's cardio)
Post workout shake 8:30 1/4 cup oats and 2 scoops gold whey and 50 grams dex

Prebed meal 10:30 pm 3/4 cup FF Cot Cheese and efa's

Ok im really really really Trying to lose weight and 3 weeks of remaining the same weight has pissed me off and induced a few cheats. I really want to redo this. I dont care how much it costs and how much work it takes. I cant stand being fat.
o i see where the problem lays now. it's around your workout meals. drop the oats pre-workout. and drop the dex post-workout. un-needed calories!

you already have enough carbs from the meals you ate in the morning to fuel your workouts. you don't need much carbs directly before training if fat-loss is your goal. it also seems you're taking too much efa's. i don't take it but i'm sure those add up in calories.:cool:

armz_ha
01-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Here would probably be a better diet:

breakfast: 1/2 cup oats, 1 egg/5 whites, 1 serving of efa's

snack: 2 scoops of whey

lunch: lean meat, 1 cup of brown rice, vegetables

snack: 2 scoops of whey, 1 tbsp. of peanut butter

pre-workout: 1 or 2 scoop of whey

post-workout: 11/2 scoop of whey or some lean meat instead, 1 med. banana

before bed: 1/2 or 3/4 cup of cottage cheese

armz_ha
01-06-2006, 11:52 PM
I was eating less then this and without the e/c stack or fish oil so hopefully this combo will work better... Do you think i will notice a difference in my weight loss with fish oil and e/c 25mg and 200mg respectivley....?????

don't worry too much with fish oil helping you lose weight. it won't do much. you're better off with a good diet + cardio. ec is good though. :)

you're doing only 15 minutes of cardio? how many x per week?

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 12:00 AM
Ok so im going to drop the oats pre workout........ I want to keep dextrose postworkout cause ive heard very good things about this.

Do you guys think i should add in any more whey besides pre and post workout?

JamesInLA
01-07-2006, 12:03 AM
I'm going to (respectfully) differ with armz_ha's advice.

I added up your diet on fitday; you can see it by going to my journal and clicking to December 31: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=JamesLA

You are getting about 1935 cals/day plus whatever your EFAs give you (9-10 cals per capsule). Your protein/carbs/fat are 242/172/27, plus EFAs. (I'm subtracting 2g fat because fitday apparently doesn't have an entry for the nonfat cottage cheese.) In percentages, you're at about 52/34/14, plus the EFAs.

So, I would recommend against cutting out the oats and dex from your pre/post shakes. Read and re-read Alan Aragon's sticky on pre- and post-workout nutrition.

Regarding the whey, there's nothing wrong with it per se - my bias is toward getting as much nutrition as possible from "real" food. I certainly have done four scoops of whey from time to time, and two scoops quite often. But some hard-boiled eggs wouldn't kill ya, or some yogurt, cottage cheese, skim milk - all great sources of both protein and other nutrients.

Lastly, I will again plug increasing your calories. At 258, your BMR is somewhere north of 2000 calories per day, but you are most probably eating below that. Again, not knowing your EFA consumption, it sure looks like you could use additional quality fats, and probably additional carbs as well.

armz_ha
01-07-2006, 12:16 AM
So, I would recommend against cutting out the oats and dex from your pre/post shakes. Read and re-read Alan Aragon's sticky on pre- and post-workout nutrition.

if he's gonna focus on carb cosumption around his workout, I'd suggest him drop a couple of his other carb meals and have protein only meals.

imo though, if losing weight is your main goal- muscle gain shouldn't be too much of a worry. if you're lucky, you just might gain some. if not, just leave building muscle for a bulk.:cool: as long as you consume some type of protein around workouts, muscle-loss shouldn't be too severe.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 12:18 AM
Ok now i dont know what to do. Im taking 2 efa's 3 times a day. So thats not that significant for calories.

Ok i just really want to lose weight as fast as possible and i can stick to this diet. So would i lose weight faster if i cut out preworkout carbs or no? And i think i have enough fat in there but i see that im lacking in carbs throughout the day so i will throw a bannana into my lunch and an apple into snack 1......

Again would adding in carbs help me lose weight or just make the diet more "According to hoyle" healthy. Because IMO 258 pounds is allot less healthy then not having a perfect 40 40 20 split diet.... What to do?

JamesInLA
01-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Nobody's suggesting 40/40/20. My own suggestions are pretty simple:

1. Eat more. Search around for the various calculators on bb.com that will suggest a good number. Right now you're at ~7.5 calories per pound bodyweight, which can't be good.

2. Eat more (good) fat. I'm not going to push a particular number, but 14% is not on anybody's "healthy" list.

armz_ha
01-07-2006, 01:00 AM
Ok now i dont know what to do. Im taking 2 efa's 3 times a day. So thats not that significant for calories.

Ok i just really want to lose weight as fast as possible and i can stick to this diet. So would i lose weight faster if i cut out preworkout carbs or no? And i think i have enough fat in there but i see that im lacking in carbs throughout the day so i will throw a bannana into my lunch and an apple into snack 1......

Again would adding in carbs help me lose weight or just make the diet more "According to hoyle" healthy. Because IMO 258 pounds is allot less healthy then not having a perfect 40 40 20 split diet.... What to do?
I was fat years ago and all I can say is a higher protein, moderate to low-carbs, reasonable fat intake is the best to long-term weight-loss success. Why? because a high protein diet makes you less hungry, keeps more muscle, and its a macronutrient that boosts your metabolism the most.

so I think you're eating more then enough carbs. what does your 1 serving of brown rice mean? one cup of rice? and no, I don't think you need carbs in your pre-workout. just protein! as I said, carbs eaten throughout the day is enough to fuel your workouts. unless you train directly after waking up, then eating carbs before hand is suggested. IMO, when you're training you'd want your body to tap into fat stores during your workouts, espeically for your cardio. as long as there were some protein before your workout, there should be enough aminos swimming in your muscles until you're finished your workout. focus more on your PWO nutrition but more often then not, a large banana is enough to replenish glycogen stores after a workout.

if you were to bump up your calories, I would just say eat more protein and fat.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 10:09 AM
1 serving of brown rice is half a cup pre cooked....

The preworkout nutrition sticky says to have carbs pre workout. But im gonna try it like your saying armz. If i can make it through my workout without carbs preworkout i will do that.

johnnyironboard
01-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Cut out the 50 grams of sugar and see what happens.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 10:56 AM
You want me to cut out sugar post workout?

I never have put that dextrose in there but i just ordered a few pounds of it from bb.com.

Now your telling me not add it?

armz_ha
01-07-2006, 11:03 AM
The preworkout nutrition sticky says to have carbs pre workout. But im gonna try it like your saying armz. If i can make it through my workout without carbs preworkout i will do that.
when it comes down to losing fat, these aren't really important factors. At a higher bodyfat percentage, the body tends to lose more fat then muscle at a way higher rate. If you get down to about 15% bodyfat, then I'd worry more about better workout nutrition and stuff. Right now, you should worry about a calorie deficit.

It's simple, if you eat less exercise more you lose weight. and bro, you need to bump your cardio. you need atleast 30 minutes of cardio to be efficiently burning fat. 15 minutes won't cut it.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 11:16 AM
Yes... Im doing 15 minutes on workout days. I have been meaning to do 30 on off days but it's cold and i dont want to drive to the gym.

I will for sure start doing it. Id rather suffer a little cold weather then not be a healthy weight by this summer.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 01:28 PM
Lying... I said my damn cut diet isnt working and thats what i wanted to try..... I wanted to TRY this new diet i wrote down.

"3 weeks and im the same weight basically. So im gonna try something new...... "

SEE! So i decided to add dex.. Now im thinking its not a good idea.. Should i or should i not add dextrose...

johnnyironboard
01-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Lying... I said my damn cut diet isnt working and thats what i wanted to try..... I wanted to TRY this new diet i wrote down.

"3 weeks and im the same weight basically. So im gonna try something new...... "

SEE! So i decided to add dex.. Now im thinking its not a good idea.. Should i or should i not add dextrose...

My bad.

Don't take 50 g of sugar if you are trying to lose fat. Do cardio 5 times per week for at least 30 minutes a pop- 45 would be better.

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Ok so do you think i should have 80 grams of oats preworkout on lifting days?

shadownynja
01-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Bump to see if i should have oats pre and post workout on this cut.