PDA

View Full Version : Best Dessert Ever!!!!

floridablonde
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
My keto friend made this...it is amazing! She has this every night for dinner. She swears by it! She doesn't have any carbs during the day..only to have her very low percentage with this dessert! It is by far..yummy!

No/Low Carb Cheesecake

2-0.3oz boxes of Sugar Free JELL-O, any flavor. (Strawberry is AWESOME!)
2 cups boiling water
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2-8oz. package cream cheese

-Directions-

Dissolve JELL-O into boiling water. Stir in whipping cream. Add cream cheese, mix until blended. Chill 1 to 2 hrs before serving.

Serving size: 1 cup

Number of servings: 12

Calories: 270
carbs: 2g/ 0%

Alternate Suggestions:

You can put cocoa powder in it. No to low carb. And make a chocolate cheesecake.

Make the splenda whip cream on top! YUM!! Its good with this..

Cream Cheese: has 2g or 0% per serving in the Philadelphia Cream Cheese. you can also buy "Almost Cream Cheese" at almost any grocery store. it has no carbs!)

Let me know if anyone tries it! And what you think! Happy cooking!

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
01-16-2008, 04:48 PM
k sounds good but what Splenda whip cream on top ?

floridablonde
01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
There is a splenda recipe my gf has that is awesome to eat! The best I've tried. It only has a smmmmmaaaallll amount of splenda in it. She didn't wanna call it no carb whip cream..so she calls it...Splenda Cream. lol She's weird like that. I'll get the recipe and send it..

jrbruin
01-16-2008, 08:29 PM
I made some yesterday for on top of some sugar-free jello. A small serving would be:

1/4 C whipping cream
2 Tbspn granular splenda (the kind that measures cup for cup like sugar)
a couple drops of vanilla extract

whisk until fluffy and enjoy!

BPP
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
making this right now

making 1/2 as recipe states, and 1/2 with the ON baking flavorless whey protein

will post results later :D

floridablonde
01-17-2008, 09:24 AM
making this right now

making 1/2 as recipe states, and 1/2 with the ON baking flavorless whey protein

will post results later :D

What did you think? What flavor jello did you use?

BPP
01-17-2008, 11:33 AM
What did you think? What flavor jello did you use?

we used 1 box straw/banana, 1 box strawberry

it tuyrned out GREAT!

we made 1/2 normal, 1/2 with a scoop of the flavorless protein

composition, flavor, everything was identical(go Optimum!!)...so made the same thing plus a few grams protein per serving

EXCELLENT taste

by FAR the best keto cheesecake ive had yet!

reps!

jrbruin
01-17-2008, 11:58 AM
Nice, I think I'll give it a shot.. I have some straw/ban jello in my cabinet right now :)

claycat
01-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks, this will be next on my cheesecake quest. I just made Bawdy's cheesecake yesterday.

Marco90
01-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I am making some Strawberry Sugar Free 0g carb Jello right now, but thats about it, no whipping cream or anything hah

Autino
06-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Making this right now.
In the fridge for a few hours.
I'll report back soon

fudgetracks
06-08-2008, 11:37 AM
just what i've been craving for. i'll have to try this tonight. thanks

Autino
06-08-2008, 10:45 PM
eh..
So I made it exactlyh as directed, and added the almond meal crust.
Wasnt so impressed.
It was good, but had too much of a jello texture.

Maybe next time less jello and some ricotta cheese...

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
06-09-2008, 04:36 AM
Why would you add almond crust to no-bake cheesecake Autino ?
try bawdy's if you want the crust

Autino
06-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Why would you add almond crust to no-bake cheesecake Autino ?
try bawdy's if you want the crust

It may be no back you still have to bring it to a boil..
For me, I just have to have a crust on my cheesecake.. that is the best part!

nickkempf
06-16-2008, 12:07 PM
I made 1/2 the original recipe because I only had 8 oz of Cream Cheese, I modified it slighly to include protein:

8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Small Package (.3 oz) Lemon Jello
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Splenda
3 Scoops Mixed Berry Whey Protein Powder

I must say it was DELICIOUS! Same consistency as real cheesecake and tastes amazing! The only hard part was getting the Cream Cheese to mix in thoroughly...didn't have a whisk. I recommend using an over-sized pot that way when you whisk the boiling batter it doesn't splash up and burn you!

Thanks OP! Repped

quantum2
06-16-2008, 01:36 PM
im not in keto or something, but i can use fat free cream cheese instead of full fat one?

hobbes01721
06-18-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm making this tonight, looks like it's going to be really good... and quantum2, I'm sure you can, it just may not taste as great.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
06-19-2008, 02:22 PM
sidenote guys/gals ..

making whipped cream from heavy whipping cream works best when both the bowl and whisk ( or whatever tool you are mixing with ) have been placed in freezer for an hour or so beforehand ..

DJohnson
07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Just made this. Exactly as recipe the OP posted except added 1 scoop strawberry whey isolate and 1 scoop strawberry complete dairy isolate (mainly casein). Turned out awesome! I love it.

I was gonna keep adding protein until it lost consistancy and chickened out after 2 scoops, it looked like any more than that there'd be big trouble and I didn't want to ruin it.

Maybe next time I'll prepare some with more protein. nickkempf had 3 scoops in his half size batch. It'll definitely be more grainy but maybe it'll be kind of like a crumbly baked product... Hmmm....

P.S. Don't get lazy and make it in the microwave. The cream cheese takes forever to dissolve. I had to microwave and stir like 16 times. Also as it gets thicker the bubbles are unpredictable and it splashes. I was wearing an oven mit to stir at the end. Haha.

So ya, use the stove and a high pot with an oven mit. :D

mfl1992
07-19-2008, 11:08 PM
This was a freakin' amazing recipe. Making it a regular. Thanks OP

IwantSmallAss
07-20-2008, 01:07 PM
floridablonde, you have nice face on both progress pictures ;)

IrishPilot
07-22-2008, 08:27 PM
Gotta be honest...there arent to many recipes around here that make me want to race out and buy the ingredients...but this is one.

Hows the consistancy? Im a fan of the NY style thick cheesecake. Any chance this has that texture (within reason anyway.) so suggestions to move that direction?

Cant wait till tomorrow!

Shinjan
07-23-2008, 11:37 AM
definetely an awsome tasting dessert.

Korry1
07-24-2008, 08:14 PM
I made 1/2 the original recipe because I only had 8 oz of Cream Cheese, I modified it slighly to include protein:

8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Small Package (.3 oz) Lemon Jello
1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
1/2 Cup Splenda
3 Scoops Mixed Berry Whey Protein Powder

I must say it was DELICIOUS! Same consistency as real cheesecake and tastes amazing! The only hard part was getting the Cream Cheese to mix in thoroughly...didn't have a whisk. I recommend using an over-sized pot that way when you whisk the boiling batter it doesn't splash up and burn you!

Thanks OP! Repped

Trying this tonight.... thanks! (minus 3 scoops of whey powder)

EDIT: will leave in fridge till tomorow... cant wait to try it...

OP *repped*
nickkempf *repped*

thanks again!

EDITx2: Had some today... Excellent results...

floridablonde
07-25-2008, 02:53 PM
floridablonde, you have nice face on both progress pictures ;)

Thank you!!!! Bythe way, I want a small ass too! lol But then, dont we all? lol how was the dessert?

smiley68
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
its freaking awesome I add 4 tbs splenda to the mix and made a thick whipped toppin was almost like cake icing. it was awesome next time think gonna try orange jello for something diff and mix it up. my wife even loved it.

Skull Crusher Chris
07-28-2008, 09:03 AM
Sounds great, looking forward to making it:)

vtwizzie
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
How did you get the servings measured out in cups, jw, bc when I made it and measured servings out in cups I certainly did not get 12 :D

And great recipe BTW, I added 2 scoops UP chocolate and 1 scoop of Dymatize Butter Cream Toffee w/ Strawberry jello, was great.

7Happy7
07-30-2008, 02:12 PM
whoa that is way too much cream and cheese for like 2 cups of jellow. also shouldnt you do 2 cupof water per jello box?

IrishPilot
07-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Gave it a shot and it wasnt for me. Followed the recipe to the T. Certainly a relatively clean keto desert option for those who enjoy it, but it doesnt taste anywhere in the ballpark of cheesecake to me or to the others I had try it :( About what you would expect, tasted like mixed jello and cream cheese lol. Ah well...different strokes...;)

jaymezrus
10-01-2008, 01:42 PM
I have been trying out some recipes in the Keto section and I tried this last night. I made it and it was actually a lot. Don't know how you say it serves 12. I can get almost double that. Anyways, I poured 1/2 into a graham cracker pie crust and the other just into a pie dish. I kind of HATE cheese cake and this was no exception for me. I just don't like the consistency of the food itself. My wife loves cheese cake and said it was good. She especially liked that I said it was way better for her than ice cream. So I might have to make some more for her and my family. I am just hoping she actually liked it instead of trying not to hurt my feelings.

Overall, it was good and easy to make.

Oneandonlysunkist
10-03-2008, 08:46 PM
this might be a stupid question but you guys are using sugar free jell-o...gelatin or the pudding kind...I wanted to pick up vanilla or chocolate but I think that only comes in the pudding form.

bambifox
10-14-2008, 11:55 AM
^^ Sugar Free Jello, not pudding:)

Okay...my review. So I made the cheesecake recipe using Isopure Zero Carb Whey Protein Powder (3 scoops), 1 packet of strawberry banana sf pudding, 1 cup of boiling water, 8 oz cream cheese. WOW..was this delish. Great Recipe and a great way to get in that protein...with a healthy balance of fat!

Reps for both OP and the other poster who posted his recipe w/protein! Woo hoo! Although...this is something I could get hooked on...easily!:D

*EDIT* OH yeah...I topped with Redi Whip and OMG...that put it into "ultimate Keto dessert" category!

StandStrong
10-15-2008, 07:12 AM
where are all the pictures of these desserts?! I need some craving and try somethign new

bambifox
10-23-2008, 04:19 PM
where are all the pictures of these desserts?! I need some craving and try somethign new

Mkay...here's a picture of the cheesecake I make. Soooo good...taste like lemen mirange:

1 .3 oz lemon sf jello
1 8oz philly cream cheese
3 scoops Whey Isolate Protein (vanilla) I use Zero Carb Isopure
1 8oz boiling water

Mix therally until all of cream cheese completely dissolves and blends. Chill for 2-3 hours. Top with redi whip. Here's the pics:
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/bambifox69/Picture378.jpg
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo350/bambifox69/Picture377.jpg

IrishPilot
01-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Decided to try this one more time. I used the jello cheesecake fat free - sugar free stuff instead of the strawberry. Otherwise everything fairly standard...minus the splenda (just didnt have it). MUCH better this time. I think part of the trick was letting it sit on heat for longer to get the cream cheese mixed it. Used one of those Kitchen Aid hand blenders to get it mixed really well.

Ill probably try it a third time with some splenda. I think part of the problem the first time was that I put in the full jello package, and I had purchased the 1oz container (not the .3oz...which I never saw).