PDA

View Full Version : Best Young QB 25 and under

BBGAMBINI31
01-14-2008, 05:51 PM
who you think?and yes i put almost every qb 25 and under,
edit-rivers just turned 26 last month thanks,,kethnaab

KingCanuck
01-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Jay Cutler - This guy is going to have an amazing career. His arm strength is amazing, he can scramble, accurcy is good. Only problem with him is he sometimes forces throw.s

MetFan
01-14-2008, 05:53 PM
who you think?and yes i put almost every qb under 25

Vince Young. Most potential in my mind.

-bt11
01-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Javaris Jackson (sp?)

heidt410
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Brady Quinn could be it...need to see him more, but the Browns are set for the future...

Monty23
01-14-2008, 05:55 PM
This thread title is redundant.

Obviously if a QB is under 25 he is young.

jus sayin'.

Ace50
01-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Ben Roethlisberger (Under 25?)

No question, hands down

hes got a ring already

Greg1983
Who do I think will end up being the best? Either Quinn or Cutler. Who is the best now? Obviously B-Roeth.

johnny87
Definetely NOT Vince young. He is garbage. And he is prolly one of the older QB's out of that group.

BBGAMBINI31
01-14-2008, 05:57 PM
i heard someone here say garrard was a young qb,but hes really 29,so i made a thread with qbs 25 or younger
edit,there you go guys,happy

bigkid
01-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Trent Edwards I'm a Bills fan. If I was unbiased I'd say Cutler because I liked him the best coming out of college, but hes been disappointing a lot of times too.

KingCanuck
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
I didnt see Roethlisberger hes the best QB in that poll right now.

But I think Cutler has a lot of potential.

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Roethlisberger and Rivers aren't < 25 years old. Obviously from that list Ben is the best and by a significant margin.

Vince Young will never be a true NFL QB. He'll be, at best, another Michael Vick (no prison)

Cutler, Leinart and Anderson are the only other QBs in that list that truly strike me as potential franchise QBs.

BBGAMBINI31
01-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Roethlisberger and Rivers aren't < 25 years old. Obviously from that list Ben is the best and by a significant margin.

Vince Young will never be a true NFL QB. He'll be, at best, another Michael Vick (no prison)

Cutler, Leinart and Anderson are the only other QBs in that list that truly strike me as potential franchise QBs.

yea idk how to fix that,i meant 25 and under

Monty23
01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Anyways, in order ... (right now)

1. Big Ben (no homer)
2. Derek Anderson
3. Trent Edwards
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Jay Cutler

In 5 years IMO ...

1. Big Ben
2. Phillip Rivers (maturity, + other young stars will make him look good)
3. Jay Cutler (Broncos will return to form, he will be next poormans favre)
4. Derek Anderson
5. Trent Edwards

For players I haven't mentioned ...

Vince Young- will be out of the leauge in 7 or 8 years. He will go the way of Kordell Stewart.
Troy Smith- Will work hard and become a solid backup for a team.
Jamarcus Russell- show signs here and there, will be unhappy with Oakland, moved to an NFC team where he will have a couple solid years and then get injured.
Derek Anderson- will bounce from team to team, putting up solid #'s but never feeling wanted. ala Jeff Garcia
Tavaris Jackson- will be released from the Vikes in < 3 years, and become a backup.
Matt Leinart- Will be semi-successfull with the Cardinals before being released after a scandal where he posed for Playgirl.

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Rivers is 26 already and Ben turns 26 in March. :)

Huse
01-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Big Ben, guy is an animal

BBGAMBINI31
01-14-2008, 06:08 PM

lol,my bad,still no other qb at age 26 who is anywhere close to those qbs,,,now your going find a qb lol

KingCanuck
01-14-2008, 06:10 PM

Strong stalking.

MetFan
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Definetely NOT Vince young. He is garbage. And he is prolly one of the older QB's out of that group.

Again, this is based on opinion. I say yes, you say no. To each his own, put someone to throw to on that team and i think he will show what he can do. Remember, nobody expected Young to win it all in college and i think he showed he can play in big games.

rampagefc77
01-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Big Ben is the best ATM, but unless his O-line improves he is semi-doomed. He doesnt do that well under a lot of pressure... (not many qbs do).

I think cutler has a lot of potential in that list as others have mentioned.

RavenStorm
01-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Anyways, in order ... (right now)

1. Big Ben (no homer)
2. Derek Anderson
3. Trent Edwards
4. Phillip Rivers
5. Jay Cutler

In 5 years IMO ...

1. Big Ben
2. Phillip Rivers (maturity, + other young stars will make him look good)
3. Jay Cutler (Broncos will return to form, he will be next poormans favre)
4. Derek Anderson
5. Trent Edwards

For players I haven't mentioned ...

Vince Young- will be out of the leauge in 7 or 8 years. He will go the way of Kordell Stewart.
Troy Smith- Will work hard and become a solid backup for a team.
Jamarcus Russell- show signs here and there, will be unhappy with Oakland, moved to an NFC team where he will have a couple solid years and then get injured.
Derek Anderson- will bounce from team to team, putting up solid #'s but never feeling wanted. ala Jeff Garcia
Tavaris Jackson- will be released from the Vikes in < 3 years, and become a backup.
Matt Leinart- Will be semi-successfull with the Cardinals before being released after a scandal where he posed for Playgirl.

Strong predictions.

rampagefc77
01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Again, this is based on opinion. I say yes, you say no. To each his own, put someone to throw to on that team and i think he will show what he can do. Remember, nobody expected Young to win it all in college and i think he showed he can play in big games.

I think he relies too much on the run. Historically, running QBs are exciting to watch, but not all that successful (suberbowl/playoff wise). Those QBs that run in college (young, soon to be tebow) are imo unprepared for the pro game. You can run in college, it isnt gonna happen like that in the pros. His mechanics, etc. hinder him.

KingCanuck
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM

He has horrible fundamentals (especially throwing techinque), has trouble reading the defense and he runs a simple offense. When Kerry Collins came in look how he was able to move the ball down the field.

But Vince Young does find ways to win, and sometimes thats all you need.

MetFan
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
I think he relies too much on the run. Historically, running QBs are exciting to watch, but not all that successful (suberbowl/playoff wise). Those QBs that run in college (young, soon to be tebow) are imo unprepared for the pro game. You can run in college, it isnt gonna happen like that in the pros. His mechanics, etc. hinder him.

That is why i said if he had someone to throw to, he would be better. If he continues to play the same way, then yes, he will be just like Vick, lots of potential, but no success. he needs protection and 1 or 2 wide recievers to get to open space to utilize his arm, not run the ball all the time. he is going to get smoked one day, and when he does, he will stay in the pocket.

FormulaLT1poweR
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
The only one on that list w/a Super Bowl ring...

AceRimRat
01-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Now I know its early and all, but Jamarcus Russell MISSED ALL of training camp and by seasons end had a pretty good grasp of the playbook and played VERY VERY WELL against the chargers defense...the same defense that beat manning yesterday.

I cant wait for next season.

KingCanuck
01-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Now I know its early and all, but Jamarcus Russell MISSED ALL of training camp and by seasons end had a pretty good grasp of the playbook and played VERY VERY WELL against the chargers defense...the same defense that beat manning yesterday.

He cant put a sentence together tho (no racist)

I hope he turns out to be a good player though, I like the Raiders somewhat.

Jamier11
01-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Doug Flutie

:D

Big7Ben86
01-14-2008, 07:16 PM
hmmm...BEN...duh

only qb with top 5 stats and worst o-line in nfl

leafs43
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM

QFT

Raiders just need 1 big play wide reciever (Curry is more of a #2-3 guy not a #1) and something that resembles a defensive line and the Raiders will be back as a playoff caliber team.

I said in '99 that the Raiders would be a Super Bowl contender within 4-5 years, I was right in that case.

Raiders right now are 3-4 years away if they can develop Russell and get some depth at their skill positions.

solidus2k3
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Drew Weatherford from FSU, when he gets to the NFL, WATCH OUT

SuperAmmo
No Brady Quinn?

Exist 2 Inspire
Jay Cutler will be an elite quarterback when all is said and done.

BBGAMBINI31
01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
No Brady Quinn?

i wanted to put him,but only 10 spots,sorry

johnny87
01-14-2008, 07:26 PM

Vince Young was awful this year. if his team was a jv highschool team it wouldnt of made up for it.

leafs43
01-14-2008, 07:27 PM
No Brady Quinn?

Considering Jamarcus Russell was taken over him in the draft, I would say no.

BuffR1
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
As a buffalo fan i voted Trent Edwards.... But Big Ben is in a league of his own right now

Big7Ben86
01-14-2008, 07:28 PM
omg how are u guys not picking ben???

dochall22
01-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Andre Woodson.

leafs43
01-14-2008, 07:31 PM
As a buffalo fan i voted Trent Edwards.... But Big Ben is in a league of his own right now

He may have a ring but I can't vote for a guy when 50% of his touchdowns are 2 yard passes to his tight end.

Big7Ben86
01-14-2008, 07:34 PM
He may have a ring but I can't vote for a guy when 50% of his touchdowns are 2 yard passes to his tight end.

umm...no

BBGAMBINI31

more like 22%

jumpropecatposy
Jay Cutler will be an elite quarterback when all is said and done.

x2 once the broncos get there **** together i think he will be the most sucessful of that list. skill wise he is only behind rothesbeger right now and i think he will just get better and better.

BAMF11
01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Ben
but Troy Smith is most underrated qb on that list

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 09:14 PM
Considering Jamarcus Russell was taken over him in the draft, I would say no.

Remind me what round of the draft Brady was taken?

wow, strong ignorance. Out of his 32 TD passes, 7 went to Heath Miller, 7 to Hines Ward, 8 to Santonio Holmes, and Ben had one of the highest YPA in the league, so...you fail.

Oh wait...17% of Ben's completions went for 20 yards or more. Guess what percent of Brady's completions went for > 20 yards?

17%

You fail.

bulking4u220
01-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Aleeeex Smith

VegasBabyVegas
01-14-2008, 09:16 PM
No Kyle Orton?

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 09:21 PM
as for people's obsession with Vince Young, uh yeah. He had 4 games this season > 200 yards (combined TD:INT of 4:6). He had 5 games < 150 yards (combined TD:INT of 0:6).

He had 4 games with a TD:INT ratio > 1:1. He had 9 games with a TD:INT ratio < 1:1

He threw TDs in 6 games. He threw interceptions in 11 games. He threw multiple interceptions in 5 games.

As for Young's vaunted scrambling ability, the dude had 395 yards rushing this year.

That's 24 per game.

Fail.

Exist 2 Inspire
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM
as for people's obsession with Vince Young, uh yeah. He had 4 games this season > 200 yards (combined TD:INT of 4:6). He had 5 games < 150 yards (combined TD:INT of 0:6).

He had 4 games with a TD:INT ratio > 1:1. He had 9 games with a TD:INT ratio < 1:1

He threw TDs in 6 games. He threw interceptions in 11 games. He threw multiple interceptions in 5 games.

As for Young's vaunted scrambling ability, the dude had 395 yards rushing this year.

That's 24 per game.

Fail.

Your post makes its point with a strong fist. I can't stand when I talk about Young being crappy and people say "Uhh but he was rookie of the year last year." Those are straightforward facts.

LegendKiller22
01-14-2008, 09:33 PM
I think they're all pretty bad... besides maybe 1 or 2... The Qb position has no depth right now...

xJustin
01-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Glad to see ppl are pickin my boy B Roeth.

He deserves it though, especially with the ****ty O-line.

SuperAmmo
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Well...I'm still voting for BQ even if he's not on the list.

I know I say that out of blind faith but I just have a feeling about the kid that I definitely didn't have about Tim Couch back when he was drafted...even when I was young and ignorant about football I had a bad feeling about that pick.

I have a very, VERY good feeling about Quinn, especially with the weapons (or as Phil Savage aka God calls it, the "cockpit") he has to operate with. The preseason ultimately means nothing but I never saw someone so poised and polished upon his debut and in coming weeks. He was remarkable, even against 1st team D's.

He's in a situation similar to Roethlisberger from the '04 season...I almost wished for DA to get hurt for a couple games (nothing serious) because I thought BQ could play very very well.

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 09:39 PM
Your post makes its point with a strong fist. I can't stand when I talk about Young being crappy and people say "Uhh but he was rookie of the year last year." Those are straightforward facts.

yeah, last year he had 0 games > 250 yards, 4 games > 200 yards, 4 games < 100 yards. He had 7 games < 50% completions, 8 games > 50% copmletions.

He has looked like a professional QB twice in his career. The hype surrounding him is just nauseating.

"Oh, but he finds ways to win"

What a pile of bull****. He went 8 for 22, 101 yards last year against Philly and won. You think HE found a way to win? PUHLEEZE.

He went 8 for 15 (85 yards) last year against Jax, 7 for 15 (87 yards) against Houston and 13 for 25 against Washington (161 yards)

AND THEY WON.

Let's not confuse a good QB with a guy who happened to get lucky a few times. He didn't find ways to win. The Titans found ways to win despite their woefully inept QB

Vince Young is an overhyped Kordell Stewart, nothing more, nothing less.

Greg1983
01-14-2008, 10:02 PM
Vince Young is an overhyped Kordell Stewart, nothing more, nothing less.

LOL haven't heard that name in a while. I used to love him.

kethnaab
01-14-2008, 10:17 PM
LOL haven't heard that name in a while. I used to love him.

yeah, he was fun to watch at first, but he was a total head case. He could NOT handle any form of pressure. He fell apart later on and got progressively worse.

His first season was easily his best season. He actually had several good games that season. Then he went downhill. During 1999 and 2000 seasons, he had a grand total of 2 games combined where he broke 200 yards passing. Every other game was under 200 yards.

That is NOT how a QB is supposed to play.

I think that's why i can't stand guys like Vick or Young. Stewart ruined them for me, because I get my hopes up only to be let down by a guy who simply cannot read defenses or go through progressions. They look at their primary and if he's covered, they try to run.

Hey, here's a nifty little tidbit...how many seasons did Kordell Stewart have a long pass that was longer than his longest run from scrimmage?

Answer - 3 seasons

How many seasons did Korky have a long run that was longer than his longest pass?

Answer - 5 seasons

hardestgainer
01-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree 100% with what you guys are saying about Young being overhyped. he's mediocre at best IMO. I dont think he really deserved rookie of the year. More than anything I think the media(ESPN) just wants him to be the next big thing. I said it when he was playing for Texas, he isnt that good! and I said he wouldnt do well in the NFL, according to the stats im right so far.

As far as who's the best from the list, its Ben. The BEST UNDER 25, I would say Anderson or Cutler, they both show a lot of potential. Anderson has proven to me, that he can become a top QB. Cutler, I think wont live up to Elway, but will get pretty close. I havent really gotten to see Troy play, but from what I heard, he looks like he could be a solid QB with a pretty good career. Im from AZ so I know a lot about Matt, he's a good guy. But will never be pro bowl material. I really dont think he is focused enough, he likes to go out and party a lot. Then the whole season ending injury....its just not looking good fo him. There is a chance that once he recovers, he might get his **** together and start getting to work. The cards almost made the wildcard spot barely missed. I think if he can step it up and be a leader, he can get them to the playoffs, and hopefully atleast one win....he has a good surrounding cast on Offense, no reason for him not to perform IMO.

johnny87
01-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Kordell Stewart is a good comparasion for vince young tho i doubt he will ever be as successfull.

I always lol when people compare him to vick. Vick was a far superior runner and he was even a good deal better passing.

johnny87
01-14-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree 100% with what you guys are saying about Young being overhyped. he's mediocre at best IMO. I dont think he really deserved rookie of the year. More than anything I think the media(ESPN) just wants him to be the next big thing. I said it when he was playing for Texas, he isnt that good! and I said he wouldnt do well in the NFL, according to the stats im right so far.

As far as who's the best from the list, its Ben. The BEST UNDER 25, I would say Anderson or Cutler, they both show a lot of potential. Anderson has proven to me, that he can become a top QB. Cutler, I think wont live up to Elway, but will get pretty close. I havent really gotten to see Troy play, but from what I heard, he looks like he could be a solid QB with a pretty good career. Im from AZ so I know a lot about Matt, he's a good guy. But will never be pro bowl material. I really dont think he is focused enough, he likes to go out and party a lot. Then the whole season ending injury....its just not looking good fo him. There is a chance that once he recovers, he might get his **** together and start getting to work. The cards almost made the wildcard spot barely missed. I think if he can step it up and be a leader, he can get them to the playoffs, and hopefully atleast one win....he has a good surrounding cast on Offense, no reason for him not to perform IMO.

If Matt is going to be a good starting caliber nfl QB it would of happened by now. He fell ass backwards onto a team stacked with options with edge, boldin, and fitzgerald and couldnt even win the job away from a washed up warner.

hardestgainer
01-15-2008, 12:53 AM
If Matt is going to be a good starting caliber nfl QB it would of happened by now. He fell ass backwards onto a team stacked with options with edge, boldin, and fitzgerald and couldnt even win the job away from a washed up warner.

I agree with you, thats kinda what I said, but Im giving him another chance after he gets done recovering from his injury. Im giving him another chance cuz I know he had some person things come up that im sure were distracting and did a lot of partying.

Clide Whit
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
Jay Cutler has the most potential out of that list IMO, Like Elway he has that rocket launcher for an arm.

dochall22
01-15-2008, 01:30 AM
Tarvaris Jackson

next tom brady! LOL

PatrickBateman1
01-15-2008, 04:10 AM
Lmao @ Brady Quinn, the guys a joke IMO. Couldn't do a single thing against any real team in college and he's a total twat.

But here's my list of who I think will have the best career out of that list...

1) Ben Roethlisberger - Already has a ring and is in a class above the rest of the other options right now. Still has some proving to do though when it comes to being an elite qb.

2) Philip Rivers - From what I saw during the playoffs this year (and some throughout the year) this guy has big time potential. He's a bit immature right now but he's VERY intense and determined. Very comfortable in the pocket as well, can make big plays when needed.

3) Jay Cutler - Already shown he has tons of upside. Should have some good years ahead of him. Got a total gun too.

4) Vince Young - After the first three, it gets a little tougher. Vince has already shown he can lead a team though.

5) Derek Anderson - What a year he had. If he can come in from no where and play like that, I can't wait to see what he can do after more time and practice.

Ajax1979
01-15-2008, 06:14 AM
1.Ben Roethlisberger-If Pittsburgh had a dominant O line, watch out
2.Derek Anderson-Turned the entire season around when he came in the second half of the Pittsburgh game
3.Philip Rivers-He has so many weapons he should do well
4.Matt Leinart/Jay Cutler-I can't call this one

Who cares about the rest? I can't stand quarterbacks that have to run because they can't read a defense. Scrambling is valuable but it shouldn't be what you are famous for.

King of the Misc
01-15-2008, 06:25 AM
Its way too early to discard J. Russell yet. He should get more playing time next year, there is a lot of potential.

niospecv
01-15-2008, 06:52 AM
Ben and then Cutler.

thek1d
01-15-2008, 07:02 AM
Big Ben is the winner here. With arguably the worst offensive line in football this year, here are his numbers:

G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
15 15 264 404 65.3 3,154 7.8 32 11 47 347 104.1 35 204 5.8 2 9 3

Not to mention they still won the division. As a Patriot fan I hate Roethlisberger, but I gotta give him some respect... he's a hell of a quarterback.

"Who's that quarterback Pittsburg drafted, Rothel-something? Nice pick Cowha..."

juice1348
01-15-2008, 07:08 AM
John Beck...you will see.

SuperAmmo
01-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Lmao @ Brady Quinn, the guys a joke IMO. Couldn't do a single thing against any real team in college and he's a total twat.

But here's my list of who I think will have the best career out of that list...

1) Ben Roethlisberger - Already has a ring and is in a class above the rest of the other options right now. Still has some proving to do though when it comes to being an elite qb.

2) Philip Rivers - From what I saw during the playoffs this year (and some throughout the year) this guy has big time potential. He's a bit immature right now but he's VERY intense and determined. Very comfortable in the pocket as well, can make big plays when needed.

3) Jay Cutler - Already shown he has tons of upside. Should have some good years ahead of him. Got a total gun too.

4) Vince Young - After the first three, it gets a little tougher. Vince has already shown he can lead a team though.

5) Derek Anderson - What a year he had. If he can come in from no where and play like that, I can't wait to see what he can do after more time and practice.

So because Colt Brennan couldn't do anything against Georgia, that makes him a crappy QB?

You have NO CLUE how LOPSIDED the talent between ND and those teams were. None. BQ carried that team his senior year. How's he supposed to throw if his receivers aren't getting open and his line isn't protecting him? I'm not even an ND fan and I realize just how bad the talent was he had to work with.

BQ will kick DA's ass in training camp next year...just you wait. I've seen enough Browns games to know that DA's been exposed by opposing D's and was the product of a weak schedule the first half of the year along with GREAT PROTECTION and TALENT around him.

Cramerica
01-15-2008, 08:47 AM
If Cutler can surround himself with better players, he can be the better one.

cman1787
01-15-2008, 09:21 AM
So because Colt Brennan couldn't do anything against Georgia, that makes him a crappy QB?

You have NO CLUE how LOPSIDED the talent between ND and those teams were. None. BQ carried that team his senior year. How's he supposed to throw if his receivers aren't getting open and his line isn't protecting him? I'm not even an ND fan and I realize just how bad the talent was he had to work with.

BQ will kick DA's ass in training camp next year...just you wait. I've seen enough Browns games to know that DA's been exposed by opposing D's and was the product of a weak schedule the first half of the year along with GREAT PROTECTION and TALENT around him.

he's a fcuking retard. he has no clue as to what he's talking about. He hates Brady Quinn because he doesn't like Notre Dame.

Cramerica
01-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Why is Brady Quinn being discussed?

We haven't seen him play except for pre-season, which means nothing.

cman1787
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
Why is Brady Quinn being discussed?

We haven't seen him play except for pre-season, which means nothing.

because patrickrapemen went out of his way to say Brady Quinn didn't do **** in college

blueboy22
01-15-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't think there is any question that, right now, Big Ben is the best out of that group.

kethnaab
01-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Kordell Stewart is a good comparasion for vince young tho i doubt he will ever be as successfull.

agreed. Kordell actually was fine early on when he he didn't put pressure on himself to be a pocket passer. Once he felt the pressure to "succeed" as a pocket passer, he ended up becoming a little 5-yard dinker, and was completely incompetent. He at least had a rocket for an arm

I always lol when people compare him to vick. Vick was a far superior runner and he was even a good deal better passing.

agreed. I'm the biggest Michael Vick critic out there, but I think Vick is better than Young. Vick's arm is arguably the best in the NFL among QBs and his athleticism is superior to Young.

Young COULD be better if he could read defenses and make good decisions, but he has yet to show that and has never been required to show that, so I doubt he can do it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. QBs who go through high school and college RELYING on their athleticism ALWAYS FAIL because QB is the least athletic and the most esoterically mental position (With the exception of kicker) in all of football.

Warner isn't washed up. Remember, this is the same guy who has a SB and, prior to injury, was easily the best QB in the NFL.

Jay Cutler has the most potential out of that list IMO, Like Elway he has that rocket launcher for an arm.

Cutler has a huge upside. I don't know that he has the most potential, but his upside is enormous.

wow, strong biased hatred, obviously.

Brady Quinn has an excellent chance to succeed. He is in a position to play with a great RB, a great TE and a great WR as well as a good supporting cast.

I am of the opinion that if the Browns got rid of Anderson and put Quinn in, they would've done just as well if not better.

1) Ben Roethlisberger - Already has a ring and is in a class above the rest of the other options right now. Still has some proving to do though when it comes to being an elite qb. agreed. He tries to do too much sometimes. He showed in the Super Bowl playoffs in 05 what he is capable of, and he showed it this year in the 2nd half against the Jags when the Steelers woeful offensive line got the sand out of their vaginas and started giving him some protection

2) Philip Rivers - From what I saw during the playoffs this year (and some throughout the year) this guy has big time potential. He's a bit immature right now but he's VERY intense and determined. Very comfortable in the pocket as well, can make big plays when needed. extremely immature. He has all the tools to succeed, but he really has a lot of growing up to do. He has not shown the ability to carry the team at all, and I don't think he has the confidence to carry it.

3) Jay Cutler - Already shown he has tons of upside. Should have some good years ahead of him. Got a total gun too. Agreed. He needs some more targets though.

4) Vince Young - After the first three, it gets a little tougher. Vince has already shown he can lead a team though. bull****. He will never pan out. He'll never be as good as Vick, and Vick was never all that good (For more than 3 games consecutively)

5) Derek Anderson - What a year he had. If he can come in from no where and play like that, I can't wait to see what he can do after more time and practice. I think Anderson has a big upside, but I also think he is a bit overhyped. Take a step back and look at the numbers and who he got the numbers against, and consider just how much talent he has around him. Not trying to cut into him at all, he is definitely a starting NFL QB, but I think there is a bit much hype around what he actually did this year due to him being such an unknown

inline.

Cramerica
01-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Young COULD be better if he could read defenses and make good decisions, but he has yet to show that and has never been required to show that, so I doubt he can do it.

When you run certain offenses in college that you can't run in the NFL, you are not preparing yourself to read defenses in the NFL.

While some QB's might not put up hugely great numbers in college or their team might not be a top-tier team every year, if they are placed in offensive styles that are conducive to the NFL, they are a step ahead if they have the talent to go along with it.

Leonidas80
01-15-2008, 10:06 AM
Ben Roethlisberger

kethnaab
01-15-2008, 10:16 AM
When you run certain offenses in college that you can't run in the NFL, you are not preparing yourself to read defenses in the NFL.

exactly! That's why you'll see guys put up some insane numbers in college but then do jack squat in the NFL.

It's a different brand of offense. In college, the athletes are predominantly on the offensive side of the ball. In the NFL, the athletes are far better on the defensive side of the ball, and you simply can't get away with that type of thing.

Let Tebow try his schtick in the NFL, and watch him eat dirt every play because that 6'2 285-lb DE can run him down from behind.

Cramerica
01-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Let Tebow try his schtick in the NFL, and watch him eat dirt every play because that 6'2 285-lb DE can run him down from behind.

I enjoy watching him play sometimes, but he is one QB who comes from a 'system' more than any other. I just don't see him preparing for the NFL at all unless things change for him dramatically.

I can't blame Urban Meyer though. That spread offense running QB is what he knows best. He's going to do what it takes for UF to do its best, not what's going to prepare Tebow best for the NFL.

When's the last time you saw him take a snap under the center instead of in the shotgun?

juice1348
01-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm a Dolphins fan, so I watched John Beck in the preseason and the season. His stats may be marginal (but compare to Trent Edwards, similar), but he show TONS of promise. In the last game he led 2 TD drives in a row and looked very sharp...Strong arm, VERY accurate, mobile and can simply play.

JOHN BECK will be VERY good!

kethnaab
01-15-2008, 10:45 AM
I enjoy watching him play sometimes, but he is one QB who comes from a 'system' more than any other. I just don't see him preparing for the NFL at all unless things change for him dramatically.

I can't blame Urban Meyer though. That spread offense running QB is what he knows best. He's going to do what it takes for UF to do its best, not what's going to prepare Tebow best for the NFL.

agreed on all points. It's not a college coach's job to install a system that creates draft picks that are ready for the pros, it's the college coach's job to install a system that wins Bowl games and generates revenue and recruiting for the school

LikeAMachine
05-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Vince Young. Most potential in my mind.

Javaris Jackson (sp?)

Brady Quinn could be it...need to see him more, but the Browns are set for the future...

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121005032414/glee/images/archive/7/70/20121005032707!Lawd.gif

leafs43
05-13-2014, 11:58 AM
QFT

Raiders just need 1 big play wide reciever (Curry is more of a #2-3 guy not a #1) and something that resembles a defensive line and the Raiders will be back as a playoff caliber team.

I said in '99 that the Raiders would be a Super Bowl contender within 4-5 years, I was right in that case.

Raiders right now are 3-4 years away if they can develop Russell and get some depth at their skill positions.

But who was grape syrup in 2009?

MSUD5
05-13-2014, 12:05 PM
strong bump

HotCheetos
05-13-2014, 12:30 PM
strong bump
Also strong LOL that they all got blown up by someone who was better in their first year as a starter the year after this thread was made (Rodgers)

Aestheticunt
05-13-2014, 01:30 PM
lol what about Eli? ;)