PDA

View Full Version : How to stay at a constant 10% bodyfat state?

Overthelimit33
01-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Can someone please tell me what kind of diet i am looking at if i am going to attain a 10% bodyfat percentage, at around 180 lbs 5'10? as of now im 12% bodyfat, im just that tiny bit close to being insainly ripped and impressive.
i do cardio about 5 times a week, 20 minutes max generally to prevent catabolosis (sp). Basically i have a very nice muscular build i work VERY hard to maintain, but i feel my diet might be lacking a tad.

i generally eat:

breakfast
5 eggs, bowl of oatmeal in the morning.

2 hours later:
workout for 1.5 hours

immediatly
two cups of skim milk, 3 scoops of whey protien mix.

40 minutes later
2 chicken breasts, with a nice serving of brown rice, with a serving of mixed veggies, and baked beans, big glass of skim milk.

3 hours later:
a can of tunafish, nice serving of brown rice, serving of mixed veggies, and a big glass of skim milk.

3 hours later:
2 chicken breasts, whole grain pasta tomato sauce, veggies on top of it, big glass of skim milk

before bed:

serving of cottage cheese, serving of oatmeal, glass of milk

btw i eat fruits in between meals for my sugar boost if im feeling kind of tired, usually 3 servings of fruit a day.

sometimes i eat some wheat thins for fun, but they have 15 peice= 100 callories of generally complex carbs..

the only problem i see is that as of now i have a pretty sedentary lifestyle besides working out, therefore im not really burning as many excess callories as i would if i had a job or was in school.

post comments thanks.

Alex_Kap
01-01-2006, 10:55 PM
i know wut u mean i have the same type of lifestyle, but a couple things i recommend, first end of ur night take out the oatmeal, its totally unnecessary and prob ruining ur progress if anything. I usually vie of sugars during a cut, u cant get to 0 but in the same sense u dont eat like cookies or fruit for example, thats me though. I also try to limit milk to <250 mL a day so i dont get too bloated. Also consider taking out the carbs from ur second last meal, and putting the right post workout, the carbs will be of much better use at this time, then the way u have it.

That Guy Gianni
01-01-2006, 11:48 PM
You diet looks superb

Cut out the fruits, they are not needed except for after the workout

Cut the oatmeal before bed

Take ZMA instead of all that crap at night, and lower the portion sizes slightly. To control hunger take EFAs, they are really really helpful

At your sedentary job, do 3 sets of 20 pushups every hour, to keep your heart rate up

Gianni

scarybubba
01-01-2006, 11:52 PM
You diet looks superb

Take ZMA instead of all that crap at night, and lower the portion sizes slightly. To control hunger take EFAs, they are really really helpful

At your sedentary job, do 3 sets of 20 pushups every hour, to keep your heart rate up

Gianni
Why would you cut out the fruit?

getgot211
01-02-2006, 12:00 AM
^^^^^^

You diet looks superb

Gianni

fruit is a good thing. and ZMA does not replace cottage cheese for pre-bed

Dodgeball
01-02-2006, 01:20 AM
"How to stay at a constant 10% bodyfat state?"

Eat big, eat clean, do cardio. Simple.

Buckeye(OH)
01-02-2006, 07:50 AM
10% BF is not 'insanely ripped' on most people.

Adam444
01-02-2006, 07:54 AM
10% BF is not 'insanely ripped' on most people.

He is probably very vascular.

I think that you're getting TOO MUCH protein after working out.

80 protein after working out... then you eat more protein 40 mins later.

You're pissing half of that away...

PoopEater
01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Where are your fats?

Overthelimit33
01-02-2006, 09:51 PM
Where are your fats?

there are fats on the chicken, you really dont need much more than that.

i dont take 80g of protein after workout, i take about 50g of whey, and i work out really intensly, i burn probably around 400-500 callories just from the immediate workout.

the oatmeal before bed was so i could have complex carbs which digest slowly through the night to help prevent hunger, this with cottage cheese let me feel fine even until i eat in the morning.

i think the problem is that i might be drinking too much milk, the fruit is healthy it has vitamins and minerals im not going to stop eating.

10% bodyfat is fine for me, i look superior to 99% of the people i know, the only thing im missing is a little bit of upper body size, but besides that im basically just maintaining what i have constructivly.

thanks guys.

Adam444
01-02-2006, 10:15 PM
3 scoops + 2 cups of milk (18 protein) = at least/close to 80 grams of protein.

Then you eat protein again 40 mins later.

:|

Fats from chicken are different from healthy fats.

We offer advice, you turn it down with your big ego :|

Go read some stickes :|

:|

aky
01-02-2006, 10:19 PM
if u want to get to the sub 10%, toss the milk and fruit. and get a better post workout shake.. dextrose/whey..

Melkor
01-02-2006, 10:29 PM
It does seem weird to ask for advice then poop on the people giving it to you, lol. The advice I have would be get some more healthy fats in there, especially fish oil. Three scoops of whey does seem excessive for someone your size, and you definitely need some carbs post-workout, preferrably dextrose imo. From what I have read Wheat Thins may have some trans fat in them, I don't eat them so I am not sure, but I would double check that if I were you. And your pre-workout meal seems too long before your workout, you may have better workouts if you had a shake with maybe 200-300 calories from mostly medium-high GI carbs and whey and then push your post-post-workout meal (the chicken) back a little bit. There's my advice, you can take it or leave it, I don't care. lol