PDA

View Full Version : Designer Supplements, Ringing in the New Year: TESTERS WANTED.

uhockey
01-01-2006, 07:43 AM
Resolution or not, the New Year is as good of a time as any to make a change. Whether you want to add mass or lose fat, the key is always diet and training, but since many of us already have those aspects in check, supplements can often be the extra boost you need.

Happy 2006 from DS, as many of you know we have a number of exciting things going on over at www.designersupps.com including our upcoming products Replenish, VIGOR, Black Cherry Xceed, and more.

Here at bb.com and at other sites across the net we at DS will be sponsoring product logs for a large number of dedicated lifters who would like to share their experience with the rest of the bodybuilding community. As has been done in the past, these persons will be selected based on a nomination system and other user's feedback. You may feel free to nominate yourself as well, but realize that we are looking for good candidates who will run thorough logs. If you do not feel you are part of the "in" crowd here at bb.com, feel free to nominate yourself at one of our other testing sites, but obviously you may only be selected once.

FIVE Users will receive a 30 day supply of Basic Cuts, THREE Users will receive a 30 day supply of Basic Cuts AND Melting Point, and TWO Users will receive a 30 day supply of Basic Cuts and Glucophase XR. Testers will be expected to keep a thorough, detailed, and entertaining log of their experiences. Pictures would be a great bonus and if supplied would DEFINITELY enhance one's chances of being selected as a tester.

Please do not PM me unless you have a specific question regarding one of these products, simply post in this thread who you would like to see run a log. If you are nominating yourself, tell the readers a little bit about your stats, past, goals, and reason you believe you'd be a good candidate. Testers will be selected Thursday, January 5th and will be expected to begin their logs no later than January 23rd.

Thank you all for a WONDERFUL 2005 and I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals in 2006.

MuZI
01-01-2006, 07:46 AM
No testers for BP and GXR?

nextteenamateur
01-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Damn! Would love to, but am starting an X-Factor log in January.

MCWTRAINER
01-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I nominate uhockey! I think he would be great! ;) Happy New Year brotha! Have a great 2006! :)

Slated
01-01-2006, 09:04 AM
ummmmm... Slated, put on list of non hormonal mass builder reviewers desires, he does. ummmmm

oO(the training is strong with this one)

A thought for down the road....

ChiTown72
01-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Age-18
Exp- Over 5 years of supp and workout exp
Sex-M
Height-5'9"
Weight-195
Bodytype- Meso/Endo
Training- 5 years of lifting for football mainly, the past two years I've kicked it up a notch and try to incorporate all aspects of lifting/conditioning into my training
Current Routine- Mon-chest/tris Tues-Legs/cardio Thurs- Back/Shoulders/cardio Fri-Chest/bis
Current Supps- Optimum Fish Oil, Kirkland Multi, Optimum Whey, NP Bulk Cee, Omega Cre Ethyl Thunder
Current Diet- Taking in around 2000 cals a day, mostly chicken and veggies
Current Diet- Trying to get around 3500+ cals a day of mostly chicken, lean beef, oats, veggies, and good fats
Current Water- Try to get atleast 1 gallon a day
Current Goal- Get up to around 190 and keep bf low
Long Term- Get up to 200 and getting under 10% bf
Drugs- None
Supp History- ZMA, VNS Jacked, Bulk CEE, Omega Cre Ethyl thunder, cytovol, animal pak, animal nitro, san v12, HMB, Cell-Tech lol etc etc

Past Logs/Reviews
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=538521

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=518169

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=481169

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=513415

uhockey
01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
I nominate uhockey! I think he would be great! ;) Happy New Year brotha! Have a great 2006! :)

Thanks sir, same to you.

jkeithc82
01-01-2006, 10:40 AM
I'll apply for a GXR standalone test :D

Mister_A
01-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I would really love to do the Basic Cuts + MP.

I have 2 things lined up next though. If it can be done after those I'll very happily do a great log for BC + MP. :D

40-Yard Dash_2
01-01-2006, 11:21 AM
I would really love to do the Basic Cuts + MP.

I have 2 things lined up next though. If it can be done after those I'll very happily do a great log for BC + MP. :D

Testers will be selected Thursday, January 5th and will be expected to begin their logs no later than January 23rd.

Thank you all for a WONDERFUL 2005 and I wish you all continued success in reaching your goals in 2006.
:)

vegHead
01-01-2006, 11:22 AM
man you offer this a few days before I start my own mp log, rabble rabble rabble. :D good luck with the testers

40-Yard Dash_2
01-01-2006, 11:23 AM
man you offer this a few days before I start my own mp log,And what makes you think you would have been selected anyway?

Just kidding!

vegHead
01-01-2006, 11:24 AM
And what makes you think you would have been selected anyway?

Just kidding!
oh i probably wouldnt have been but i would have entered, no big deal though.

Mister_A
01-01-2006, 11:28 AM
Thanks 40.

I was thinking maybe Mike would make an exception. ;) . . .Just maybe.

Bloute
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks 40.

I was thinking maybe Mike would make an exception. ;) . . .Just maybe.

I miss this part of the post too :)

40-Yard Dash_2
01-01-2006, 11:35 AM
I miss this part of the post too :)
Oh, so you guys just think you can take free supplements from various companies and begin logs at your leisure? I think not Sir!

BigNorwegian
01-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Oh, so you guys just think you can take free supplements from various companies and begin logs at your leisure? I think not Sir!

lol

Bloute
01-01-2006, 11:40 AM

My two logs could fit with the date that Uhockey asks. Depending when I received the product, if it don't match. Too bad I will miss DS testing !

Good job 40, you should be a detective log ;)

warriors
01-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Damn is there gonna be anybody left to be able to run a log?? SNS, CL, and now DS are picking testers for products. Good luck guys :D

Mister_A
01-01-2006, 11:47 AM
At least I'm giving warning that I cant start until I'm finished with the other stuff. . . .I'm being a good person about it . . . ;) ;)

;)

40-Yard Dash_2
01-01-2006, 11:50 AM
At least I'm giving warning that I cant start until I'm finished with the other stuff. . . .I'm being a good person about it . . . ;) ;)

;)
It's called, honesty. You should try it sometime.

Mister_A
01-01-2006, 11:59 AM
I was and always have been ;) :D

Beast
01-01-2006, 12:06 PM
Tis the season to be cutting!

BigNorwegian
01-01-2006, 12:11 PM

You're crazy! Think about all those left overs I stole!!! They can't go to waste!

jkeithc82
01-01-2006, 12:11 PM

I'm about sick of cutting :mad: :D

Mister_A
01-01-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm about sick of cutting :mad: :D
Me too but I wanna look good dammmmit ;)

Beast
01-01-2006, 12:19 PM
I start cutting tomorrow. YAY!

s_builder
01-01-2006, 12:33 PM
Im using MP and sessamin for cut.......it would be realy great to add basic cuts and Glucophase XR to my stck.

uhockey
01-01-2006, 12:38 PM
man you offer this a few days before I start my own mp log, rabble rabble rabble. :D good luck with the testers

Eh, you could have always delayed your own and asked to test.......thanks for being honest.

vegHead
01-01-2006, 12:42 PM
Eh, you could have always delayed your own and asked to test.......thanks for being honest.
Yeah i could have lied but id rather see other people run logs so i could compare.

Frank_The_Tank
01-01-2006, 12:45 PM

Sex:M

Height:68 inches

Weight:171

Bodytype:meso-endo

Training experience (as much detail as possible.. TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF ! ! ):Started 'training' freshman year of high school. I really got serious about bodybuilding about 12 months ago. I

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
I'm currently using Max-Ot. I'm on week 6.
Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible): I am involved with H.S. wrestling, so I do cardio for about 2 hours a day 5 days a week.
Current supplements (exact brand/product name):
Ast 32x
ON whey- chocolate mint

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
Meal 1: Oats made with milk
Meal 2: Chicken breast
Meal 3 chicken breast, 2 pieces of ww bread, low gi fruit (usually apple)
Meal 4: Protein shake or bar
Meal 5: dinner- usually consists of lean meat , carb (brown rice, sweet potatoe etc.) and vegetable
Meal 6: PWO- protein shake and oats with yogurt
Current Daily water intake:
I shoot for around 200-250g of protein a day.

Short Term Goal: Maintain weight while losing bodyfat

Long Term Goal: Bulk to 200 <14% body fat

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:none

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
ON Whey
GNC Whey
HP CEE
Ergopharm AMP
AST 32x
cell-tech (back in the days)
Xenadrine EFX

I'll be able to start towards the end of January.

BiggJohn
01-01-2006, 01:02 PM
I nominate Dragon*Princess, always some great pics :)

wantstobeinshap
01-01-2006, 01:14 PM
i'll apply for basic cuts and melting point stack or the basic cuts and GXR stack.

check out my scivation/prima contest log at the bottom. It's detailed with my daily training and diet. In the begining of the log I was eating at maintenance and I didn't start my diet until post #17 so you could start reading from there if you only want to see when I started cutting.

Cheers!

Dallas68
01-01-2006, 01:22 PM
i'll apply for basic cuts and melting point stack or the basic cuts and GXR stack.

check out my scivation/prima contest log at the bottom. It's detailed with my daily training and diet. In the begining of the log I was eating at maintenance and I didn't start my diet until post #17 so you could start reading from there if you only want to see when I started cutting.

Cheers!

UHOCKEY

i nominate this son of a gun :) he deserves it man :cool: lets get him cut!

What do ya say? Hey DS?

here is one to be confirmed! stamped and ready to go ahead....

EDIT:: i have premonitions about ppl and his post count is 666 he deserves a place believe me ive been through stuff this guy needs to be a tester

BiggJohn
01-01-2006, 01:31 PM
UHOCKEY

i nominate this son of a gun :) he deserves it man :cool: lets get him cut!

What do ya say? Hey DS?

here is one to be confirmed! stamped and ready to go ahead....

EDIT:: i have premonitions about ppl and his post count is 666 he deserves a place believe me ive been through stuff this guy needs to be a tester

Got to love the energy, but sometimes I wonder if this kid is on crack. :]

What that sig all about?

uhockey
01-01-2006, 01:33 PM

What that sig all about?

You love GXR, why not nominate yourself for the BC/GXR stack BiggJohn? Your GXR log was nice.

Dallas68
01-01-2006, 01:35 PM

What that sig all about?

haha no way im a bodybuilder i ain't no pothead,booze swilling,fart arse, F**&******** hobbo like my friends.....:)

honestly im just fill of energy haha and protein ;)

the sig is for my topic of the week wins brother

BiggJohn
01-01-2006, 01:36 PM
You love GXR, why not nominate yourself for the BC/GXR stack BiggJohn? Your GXR log was nice.

I'm testing C2/cAMPHIBOLIC for USPlabs or I would.

In all seriousness, I think Dragon*Pricess would be great if she is interested. Her AMPED log is very good, and very popular.

onusigep
01-01-2006, 01:56 PM
I'll apply for Basic Cuts. I'm looking to do a cutting phase this/next month and it'll be a nice addition.

I'm currently only taking whey protien and vitamins. I'm currently at 184.5 lb. My ultimate goal is to get into the 170-175 lb range and then maintain. My diet is a work in progress, but it is getting better.

sword chucks
01-01-2006, 02:10 PM
i nominate "wantstobeinshap" he keeps good logs and so i think he should get it

kendog
01-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Basic Cuts and Melting Point would be badass I bet

BigNorwegian
01-01-2006, 02:14 PM

I'll second that. He keeps some solid looking logs.

Dallas68
01-01-2006, 02:15 PM

good call swordy and well done on the topic of the week ;)

jaymode
01-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I would be very interested in trying out Basic Cuts and Melting Point or Basic Cuts alone. I am fairly experienced with Thermogenics and have been thinking about trying out basic cuts and possibly stacking it with Ephedrine. I would be able to keep a log starting around the 20th of January, and will be continuing my "recomp"(eating at maintenance cleanly while doing cardio 3-4 times per week).

Sex:Male

Height:6'1-2

Weight:189.0

Bodytype:Endomorph

Training experience (as much detail as possible):
I started working out when I was 16. At that time, I was very fat. I was 220lbs with a very high bodyfat. I was your typical obese teenager who did very little. I managed to cut my weight down to 167 lbs, but still had fat. I decided to live with the fat and add muscle before I cut. Well I managed to cut back up 195lbs this February and decided to cut again. I was around 15% bodyfat when I was done with my cut. Then in May 05 I had to have knee surgery and took two months off from the gym. My bodyfat has gone back up and would say that is around 18%. So the last week of June 05, I started working back out again and have put on some decent muscle since then and lost some fat too.

Current Training Schedule / Protocol (as much detail as possible):
Monday
Squats-5x5
Deadlifts-5x5
Bench Press-5x5
Incline DB Press-2x12

Wednesday
Light Squats/Lunges-4x8
Good Mornings-3x8
Shoulder Press-5x5
Pulldowns-4x6

Friday
Squats-5x5
Bent Over Row-5x5
Incline Bench-5x5
Tricep Extensions-2x12

Cardio Schedule/Protocol (as much detail as possible):

Cardio on Tuesday/Thursday mornings after class. Either run around the track at the gym, treadmill, bike, or elliptical for 30-45 minutes. Also do cardio on either Saturday or sunday, just depends on what I am doing.

-Unicap Multivitamin
-CVS Vitamin C
-Members Mark Fish Oil Caps
-Bulk CEE
-Met-Rx LongRange Whey
-Scivation Substance WPI
-Thermolean PM (will not be taking at time of review)
-Thermal Rage (will not be taking at time of review)

Current Diet (as much detail as possible):

I am trying to keep my calorie intake at about 2800 calories/day. Diet consists mainly of:
-Chicken breast
-Lean Ground Beef
-Ground turkey
-Broc****
-Tuna
-Whole grain brow rice
-Oatmeal
-2% Milk
-Lots of water
I really try to keep it clean as much as possible, which means cooking when I can. But somedays I am at school, I will go get a Tuna sandwich with just the tuna on a multi-grain baugette, that is pretty much all I eat on campus.

Short Term Goal:
Losing fat right now is my short term goal.

Long Term Goal:
I would really like to get bigger while staying as lean as possible.

ANY and ALL Prescription / Non-Prescription / Recreational drugs:
NONE.

Supplement history (as much detail as possible):
I have tried a lot of different products. For fatloss products, I have tried EC, Redline, Ripped Fuel, Ripped Fuel Extreme, Yohimbine, Thermolean Extreme, cAMPHIBOLIC, cAMPED, and many more.

Other than that I have tried Creatine Monohydrate, many CEE products, a few NO proucts, and nuerostim. That is all that comes to mind right now.

Logs:

Green Bulge Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=550724
CreEthyl Thunder: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=408864
Nuerostim +C: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=397380
Thermorexin: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=354162
Nuerostim: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=331307
Cardio Breeze: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=449131
Thermal Rage Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=7948401#post7948401
Thermolean Extreme log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=618349

uhockey
01-01-2006, 03:50 PM
Very nice Jaymode.....I'd say yer in. :)

Dallas68
01-01-2006, 04:02 PM

what a boykie good luck jaymode :) ****** five stars for the choice...

40-Yard Dash_2
01-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Best of luck Jay. If you get a chance to test Melting Point, treat her right, or I'll come get ya!

maffie2
01-01-2006, 05:48 PM
I nominate:

uhockey(i do know you are very disciplined and knowledgeble)
MCWTRAINER(for the great improvements in his cutting log)
wantstobeinshap(ditto)

-LMAO-
01-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Age-20
Gender- Male
Height- 6'2''
Weight- 175lbs
Body Type- Ectomorph
BF- 7-8%
Bulking to 190-195lbs

Current Supplements:
ON 100% Whey
Multivitamins
Fish Oil
Flaxseed Oil
Arginine-AKG
Creatine Mono

Diet: 4-5k calories
Steak
Chicken breast
Ground beef
Pasta
Brown rice
Eggs/Whites
Assorted vegetables
Oats
Alot of peanut butter

190-200 g Protein

Experience :

Training for roughly three years-serious for the last two.

Previous products : None, only what I have listed as current supps.

Split :

Monday : Chest
Tuesday : Off
Wedneday: Shoulders/Tris
Thursday : Legs
Friday : Off
Saturday: Back/Bis
Sunday : Off

Have not done much outside the spectrum of basic supps. Would be interested in trying new products. Willing to keep a detailed log, with pictures. I write clearly and feel I would be able to handle the task well. Thanks!

C-Los 21
01-01-2006, 06:20 PM
This is about THE first time I see a lts full of great candidates, I would put my name in, but I have our new herbal product and my PCT to finish.

EDIT: Uhokey-Still waiting on their response, I will get back to you asap.

uhockey
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I nominate:

uhockey(i do know you are very disciplined and knowledgeble)
MCWTRAINER(for the great improvements in his cutting log)
wantstobeinshap(ditto)

I work with them, quit kissing up!!

kendog
01-01-2006, 06:23 PM

but youd be so great for the testing position!

jaymode
01-01-2006, 06:26 PM
Thanks, I hope it stays that way. :)

what a boykie good luck jaymode ****** five stars for the choice...

Thanks Dallas. I dont know if you have been nominated by anyone or not but I think its about time someone did nominate you and I would like to see a log from you, but I guess we will when you test the C2/Camphibolic?

Best of luck Jay. If you get a chance to test Melting Point, treat her right, or I'll come get ya!

Haha, well I will try to if I get the chance.

Speaking of which you always keep good logs so you would also be a good candidate for this.

So I would nominate:
40- Yard Dash_2

maffie2
01-01-2006, 07:47 PM

i didnt mean to pump sunshine up your ass like that.

But i speak what it is.

Lonny
01-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Someone should do a low dose melting point log while bulking to minimize fat gain, or try and recomp. If Designer wanted to see a different type of log, as most people are already aware its effective while cutting.

PSKlifter
01-01-2006, 08:18 PM
damn one of these days im gonna actually have to cut ;)

i second biggjohn if he changes his mind.

not sure if other affiliates are allowed or not, but I think Kris is cutting soon (Krzna) and hed be an ideal test rat/subject :D

kendog
01-01-2006, 08:24 PM
Someone should do a low dose melting point log while bulking to minimize fat gain, or try and recomp. If Designer wanted to see a different type of log, as most people are already aware its effective while cutting.

That sounds good, I'd love to do it myself... In fact I will if DS doesn't mind me taking Focus XT pre workout as well and doing a log on that ;|

PSKlifter
01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
That sounds good, I'd love to do it myself... In fact I will if DS doesn't mind me taking Focus XT pre workout as well and doing a log on that ;|
I dont forsee a problem personally, as its completely different and should not hinder/effect either way.

kendog
01-01-2006, 08:34 PM
I dont forsee a problem personally, as its completely different and should not hinder/effect either way.

Oh yes and then there is the matter of SNS not minding me doing a DS log! I think it's best I do one log, unless there is a demand for a Focus XT/Melting Point - bulking log LOL.

Dallas68
01-02-2006, 03:31 AM
Thanks Dallas. I dont know if you have been nominated by anyone or not but I think its about time someone did nominate you and I would like to see a log from you, but I guess we will when you test the C2/Camphibolic?

yeah when the C2/Camp stuff from USP comes in im going to be a very happy chappy...seems no problem at the customs but im leaving it all to go at its own pace dont wanna force it lol...:)

thx man lol all these companies id be very excited to try but i dont just want free stuff...honest lol....

uhockey
01-02-2006, 04:27 AM
damn one of these days im gonna actually have to cut ;)

i second biggjohn if he changes his mind.

not sure if other affiliates are allowed or not, but I think Kris is cutting soon (Krzna) and hed be an ideal test rat/subject :D

If Kris wants in, he's in.
Same for BiggJohn and 40-yard.

uhockey
01-02-2006, 04:29 AM

I personally have no problem with the use of FXT while doing MP, but BC is part of the deal as well. While MP and FXT have no conflicts, BC and FXT are both "stimulating" to different degrees. If you could figure out a dosing scheme to work around this, we can talk. :)

Dallas68
01-02-2006, 04:32 AM

good choices hockey

40-Yard Dash_2
01-02-2006, 06:04 AM
Wow, I'd definitely love the opportunity. I will definitely get back with you soon.

Robboe
01-02-2006, 06:51 AM

I want to see one or two of these too actually.

uhockey
01-02-2006, 07:55 AM
I want to see one or two of these too actually.

Then it can be done. For those wanting to run MP at low doses on a bulk, perhaps consider half dosing it and only using 1 cap BC pre-workout to stretch it out for 60 days. If anyone is interested in this, let them voice their nomination.

uhockey
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Then it can be done. For those wanting to run MP at low doses on a bulk, perhaps consider half dosing it and only using 1 cap BC pre-workout to stretch it out for 60 days. If anyone is interested in this, let them voice their nomination.

Additionally, we will accept ONE overseas customer to log one of the stacks, so you boys (or girls) over the pond feel free to get those names in as well.

Stormrider
01-02-2006, 09:47 AM
I am interested in testing the Melting Point/Basic Cuts stack but am curious if taking creatine along with these products would affect the results? As I will be finishing up a Phenogen cycle in the next weeks and will be loading creatine for a few weeks as recommended by the fellas at Avant.

C-Los 21
01-02-2006, 12:08 PM
The cool guys....:D

40-Yard Dash_2
01-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Unfortunately I'm out for basic cuts, but in the future I definitely want to test something for DS, so guys, please keep me in mind.:)

uhockey
01-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately I'm out for basic cuts, but in the future I definitely want to test something for DS, so guys, please keep me in mind.:)

Dito okayed it if you wanted BC with Xplode, but apparently you've opted for Focus instead.

Anyhow, still looking for one person overseas and some people for the BC+MP bulk.

CanadaBBOY
01-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I am Canadian so that may cut me out, but i am in need of a good cut. My pictures and stats are in my recent controlled labs review here --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=598348

I would like to use any of the combo's listed above, however my preference would be the combo with basic cuts and melting point. I recently ordered 4 bottles of basic cuts, however i gave them all out to female friends of mine so i have not even tried it yet. They seem to like it a lot (they claim it gets them very hyped up, just like an ECA).

I've never done a real 'hardcore' cut, and it's a bit intimidating to me. I think i would feel very good doing it with these products as aids.

Here is a link to a Durablast log i did for Primaforce. I keep my logs
exceptionally detailed.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=583236

40-Yard Dash_2
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Dito okayed it if you wanted BC with Xplode, but apparently you've opted for Focus instead.
Yeah, sorry man. I'll be using the Focus XT primarily for studying, as I'll only be doing 2 days a week of cardio.

ChiTown72
01-02-2006, 01:51 PM
DS Reps,

I am sorry for all the confusion regarding me and what I am testing out. I was chosen to test for Controlled Labs on another board and commited to them. Again I am very sorry for this misunderstading and I hope there are no hard feelings. To sum it all up I am taking my name out of the running to test for you. Thank you for the oppurtuniy.

Frank_The_Tank
01-02-2006, 01:56 PM
I'm sorry but if chosen I will have to delay the start of the log due to other committments at this time.

Stormrider
01-02-2006, 02:14 PM
I am interested in throwing my name into the mix for any of the three products/stacks.

I do not post a lot here but do browse here and there. I can keep a log and take weekly pics and stats.

Most of the testing I have done is on other boards but a few company reps here have seen my reviews.

I've tested M.A.N Orotine, Scivation Fenotest, PrimaForce Durablast and Substance WPI, and Controlled Labs Green Bulge.

Dito, Scivation, J-Rod, Toad, and others have seen the logs and I can provide links to them via e-mail.

Currently cutting with Twin Peak's carb cycling diet and using an HST routine.

I have only tried one DS supplement in the past, which was GXR.

beast69
01-02-2006, 02:49 PM
if i could run a log in exactly 30 days (after i finish my non-stim cut using sesamin/lipidfx), I would definately be interested! Maybe i could compare lipidfx and melting point ...hmm....:D

a month from now would probably be too late,.....but hey, i've been looking for a chance to try out some DS products. Maybe i'll just have to give in and buy them anyways to end my cut :D

RepubCarrier
01-02-2006, 03:14 PM

I'll throw my hat in, if my situation fits something you'd like to see.

My situation: finished a rugby season two months ago in great shape (low bodyfat) at about 210 lbs. However, due to drinking and not sleeping/eating well (girlfriend), I dropped to 195 and have gained bodyfat at the three-weeks-ago mark. On top of that, something has been horribly wrong with one of my hip flexors for the past month, and so I can't squat (but can deadlift, good morning, and sprint below 85%). For some reason, maybe as a result of the above and despite a strict diet (oatmeal, beef, eggs, chicken, milk, minimal drinking), I've gained maybe 2 pounds back and have not made any noticeable headway in the fatloss area in the past 3 weeks. I want some help!

I would estimate I'm at ~18% bf right now vs. my usual ~13%. Strength had been down, but over the past few weeks I actually have been getting close to the strength I had at 210 lbs; it would appear that this is purely a hypertrophy/fatloss issue.

The "lean bulking" combination sounds perfect for me. I would like to get back down to at most 14-15% bodyfat, and at the same time put my weight back over 200 pounds while increasing strength slightly (but if it suffers, so be it). Hopefully, if selected by DS, I'll be able to much better achieve those goals in the next few weeks.

xil
01-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm interested in testing any of the three. I'm currently cutting, am 19, male and enjoy long wal... uh... I mean, I lift weights and eat food

Heigh 5'11
Weight 188
Training schedule: 4 day upper/ lower split with 25min low intensity cardio on each of those days
Current supps: various protein powder, fish oil, leucine (I'm in Australia... nuff sed)
Goals: um... look good naked, wait, look GREAT naked. Aren't I original, oh yesiree :rolleyes:

I don't seem to get much from stimulants. I can take 200mg caffeine with tyrosine pre-workout and still struggle to keep my eyes open. I've tried EC in the past, though I felt my HR increase somewhat, didn't really make me 'come alive' and want to destroy someone. I've got a bottle of neurostim atm, and only effects I feel is that it makes my drink taste different. So other than basics, it's just all diet... but am interested in how these products will alter things

Twin Peak
01-02-2006, 03:25 PM
I'll be cutting along-side you all. My diet has been less than stellar for a long time now, and the last two months have essentially been a free-for-all.

My last real diet was over two years ago, and the time has come.

Its not going to be terribly long, it will be a 5 week cut, where I hope to drop 20+ lbs. Quite doable given my current girth. I expect that I will lose 10 pounds the first week, then average 2.5 lbs the four weeks thereafter.

I'll be using MP, GXR, and Basic Cuts. I am going to run an NHA Stack following the 5 week week. This will mark a 4 week break in the diet. Then I will diet for another 4-6 weeks.

Diet starts on Thursday, btw. Good luck to all.

C-Los 21
01-02-2006, 03:28 PM
I'll be cutting along-side you all. My diet has been less than stellar for a long time now, and the last two months have essentially been a free-for-all.

My last real diet was over two years ago, and the time has come.

Its not going to be terribly long, it will be a 5 week cut, where I hope to drop 20+ lbs. Quite doable given my current girth. I expect that I will lose 10 pounds the first week, then average 2.5 lbs the four weeks thereafter.

I'll be using MP, GXR, and Basic Cuts. I am going to run an NHA Stack following the 5 week week. This will mark a 4 week break in the diet. Then I will diet for another 4-6 weeks.

Diet starts on Thursday, btw. Good luck to all.
That sounds like an excellent plan, quite an example.
Hope it works well, I don't plan on cutting anytime soon :).

Blap Blaow
01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
I expect that I will lose 10 pounds the first week
now that's a LOT of weight in 7 days. Good luck man!! :)

dp13368
01-02-2006, 04:10 PM
I have been researching fat loss products for the past few weeks as I plan to start my cutting cycle next week and these products are some of the ones I have been researching.

One question/concern I do have is the consisten reports of cramping while taking these. I regularly do HIIT and other High Intensity plyometrics for soccer and this cramping would be a problem. How prevalent is this?

derekmac
01-02-2006, 04:39 PM
I think Chlaxman and sawastea would be excellent choices.

uhockey
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I have been researching fat loss products for the past few weeks as I plan to start my cutting cycle next week and these products are some of the ones I have been researching.

One question/concern I do have is the consisten reports of cramping while taking these. I regularly do HIIT and other High Intensity plyometrics for soccer and this cramping would be a problem. How prevalent is this?

MP causes cramping, none of the others.
The cramps can be mitigated by controlling your electrolytes.

factotum
01-02-2006, 05:12 PM
RepubCarrier as a lean bulker would be excellent. This thread would be 10 pages already is it was spring time when most people cut. I mean, who cuts in the winter, you need that fat to keep warm, lol. Oh, I'd gladly colunteer but I think someone doubts my objectivity. :)

uhockey
01-02-2006, 05:28 PM
RepubCarrier as a lean bulker would be excellent. This thread would be 10 pages already is it was spring time when most people cut. I mean, who cuts in the winter, you need that fat to keep warm, lol. Oh, I'd gladly colunteer but I think someone doubts my objectivity. :)

Lots of people "cut" as a NY Resolution.

factotum
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM

Very true. Most bbers though seem to be bulking right now or their logs would indicate most are. I'm sure an equal number are cutting but as I'm bulking I guess I tend to read the bulking logs.

BigNorwegian
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM
CanadaBBOY keeps very details and witty logs. Quite enjoyable to read. He would be a wise choice.

PSKlifter
01-02-2006, 06:10 PM
I think Chlaxman and sawastea would be excellent choices.
agreed if you can ever find saw on here :p

uhockey
01-02-2006, 06:39 PM
agreed if you can ever find saw on here :p

Isn't he in Argentina? He can be our Overseas......or CanadaBBoy if we're talking about the great lakes......

Mister_A
01-02-2006, 06:54 PM
That's soooo true.
But it's not really the very dedicated that do that usually.

I started cutting about a month ago.

Whenever somebody says they're going to start their diet the 1st of the year, I always come back with, "Why not start now?" ;)

uhockey
01-02-2006, 07:02 PM
That's soooo true.
But it's not really the very dedicated that do that usually.

I started cutting about a month ago.

Whenever somebody says they're going to start their diet the 1st of the year, I always come back with, "Why not start now?" ;)

:) Well said.

Mister_A
01-02-2006, 07:03 PM
:) Well said.
Thank You.

Blap Blaow
01-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Brits are always the first complain that they don't get free stuff, and where are they now? :D
:eek:

cheapshot huh?

:p

collegeHULK
01-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Hey uhockey I would love to be a tester if you still need them. I am just finishing a 1 year marker with pics going up today. I was just planning a cut to start in the next week or so. I will post stats diet and pics if necessary.

I will actually be posting stats diet and pics in a different thread today with a one year up date. Let me know if intrested.

PSKlifter
01-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Talked to Kris, hes down to be a test rat as hes gonna cut when he gets home.

uhockey
01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Talked to Kris, hes down to be a test rat as hes gonna cut when he gets home.

He gots to put his name in the thread. :)

BiggJohn
01-03-2006, 07:23 PM

Thanks for the mention, I'd be happy to do a log for DS in the future when I finish my commitment to USPLabs.

Robboe
01-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Yeah, i vote for BiggJohn easy.

Dodgeball
01-04-2006, 07:38 AM
I would like to apply to test Basic Cuts and Melting Point.
I may not have been posting here long but i am known on other boards and i am a respected mod on www.the-darkside-uk.com where i currently keeping a log that is updated daily.

Sex:M

Height:6 foot

Weight:265 (last wednesday)

Bodytype: endomorphic-mesomorphic

Bodyfat% = 25.72

Training: started at 16 with little knowledge and messed about with weights for 3 years or so. Then i discvered the internet and researched all i could and gradually got better over the next year with reguards to training but diet was still a problem. The last 2 yaesr i have been very committed to my training and have gained 40lbs of muscle (plus a good wallop of fat too lol).

training:
-Mon-
am = 3 miles cardio.
pm = Bench, Flyes, OHP, Skullcrushers.
-Tue-
Off
-Wed-
am = 3 miles Cardio.
pm = Deadlift, BB Rows, Curls, Pullovers.
-Thu-
OFF
-Fri-
am = 3 miles cardio
pm = Squat, SLDL, Calf Raises, Ab Crunches
-Sat-
pm = HIIT cardio (type flipping)
-Sun-
Off

Weights are currently in week 1 of 5X5 but change every 8 weeks, at the next change they will be 3X10.

Wheyconsortium unflavoured Whey isoate.
Higher Power Nutrition Creatine Ethyl Ester
Isopreme choc MRP
ASN Carbulin
Dymatise GABA
PrimaForce Glutaform
Now Green tea Extract
H&B MultiVitamin & Minerals
H&B Flax oil

Current Diet and macros (as much detail as possible):
Meal 1: Oats + milk, cup of green tea
Meal 2: MRP + 2 carrots
Meal 3: chicken or beef stir fry with peppers/mushrooms/onion + low cal pasta sauce and 50g (uncooked weight) wholewheat pasta
Meal 4: Mackerel or Sardines on Wholemeal/granary toast with flora proactive spread
TRAIN Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat
PWO: 80g whey + 40-50g Cars (carbulin) + 5-10g Glutamine
1 hour PWO: Same as meal 3 with 75-100g carbs opposed to 50g.
Prebed: 20g whey in milk + 50g cottage cheese.

Calories = 3000.
Calorific Needs = 3850.
Defecit ED = 850 calories.

I am aiming to get to 8-10% bodyfat by July at 2lbs week while maintaining current muscle mass which will take me down to approxiamtely 215lbs.

Cheers.

uhockey
01-04-2006, 06:18 PM
One more bump via me. Testers will (ideally) be picked tomorrow. If not I MAY have to hold off to Friday, life is a wreck.

chlaxman
01-04-2006, 06:24 PM
One more bump via me. Testers will (ideally) be picked tomorrow. If not I MAY have to hold off to Friday, life is a wreck.
You're telling me, hope things get easier.

BiggJohn gets a vote from me def.

C-Los 21
01-04-2006, 09:24 PM
I would enjoy a log from BiggJohn.

BiggJohn
01-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry guys I thought I mentioned that I'm running a log for USPlabs currently and wouldn't be able to do product testing for this trial.

I do appreciate the support.

C-Los 21
01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Sorry guys I thought I mentioned that I'm running a log for USPlabs currently and wouldn't be able to do product testing for this trial.

I do appreciate the support.
Best of luck with your log.....maybe next time!

BiggJohn
01-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Best of luck with your log.....maybe next time!

Definately C-Los

Lonny
01-05-2006, 08:21 AM

Mike, you probably missed it in the thread but if you need another tester, i suggest perhaps fitnessman. He is a mod, and spends most of his time in the over 40 section and is not quite sold on supplements. Or even just to get him to suggest a person who would be interested in something. Its probably a goldmine in there.

TexAss
01-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I would like to test Basic Cuts/Melting Point.

6'4"
185lbs
%16-18 BF

Short term goal: %10-12 BF

Long term goal: 195 lbs @ above BF

Longer term goal: look good and be as strong as an ox

Currently on a 5 day split written by Joel Marion for T-nation.
Monday (Chest/Back)
A1) 30-degree Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
A2) Supinated-grip Pull-ups

Tuesday (Quad-dominant Legs/Calves)
A1) Moderate-stance Back Squat
A2) Calf-press in Leg Press

Wednesday (Arms)
A1) Dips
A2) Incline Biceps Curls

Thursday (Hip-dominant Legs/Shoulders)
A1) Deadlift
A2) Standing Dumbbell Military Press

Friday (Full-body Recovery)
A1) Bench Press
A2) Bent-over Rows
A3) Leg Extensions
A4) Leg Curls

Rep Schemes/Training Parameters

Odd Weeks (M-Th): 5x8-10
Load: 10RM
Rest between sets: 60 seconds
Increase load by 5-10 lbs when you're able to perform more than 10 repetitions on your first set.

Even Weeks (M-Th): 10x5
Load: 7RM
Rest between sets: 60 seconds
Increase load by 5-10 lbs when you're able to perform 5 repetitions on all sets.

Friday Sessions: 1x50
Load: a weight in which you fail somewhere between 40 and 60 repetitions.

Article is here: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=748700

Diet: pretty strict with a 40/40/20 macro breakdown. Vegetarian, I eat very cleanly. Taking in ~2300-2500 non workout days and ~3000 on workout days

Current Supplements: EAS CLA, MAN Vaporize, Barlean's Flax Oil, Animal Pak, ON Gold Standard Whey, Muscle Milk, Cytogainer, Soy lecithin

Current workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=628974

I am not new to lifting but just recently got back into the swing of things after having a travelling job for 2 years.

Thanks for the consideration.

uhockey
01-05-2006, 06:08 PM
The following have been selected for cutting/logging duty. Please PM me (do not E-mail, do not IM) your information. A few of these people E-mailed me excellent questions, despite their minimal posting on the board thus far, and quite frankly I'm tired of seeing the same ol same ol!!!

Basic Cuts
jaymode
mozelstein
fitnfirm
collegeHULK
onusigep

Basic Cuts+Melting Point
Scheizekopf
wantstobeinshap
RepubCarrier

Basic Cuts+GXR
Stormrider
xil

AGAIN, please PM me here at bb.com with your information.

Mister_A
01-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Basic Cuts+Melting Point
Scheizekopf
wantstobeinshap
RepubCarrier

PM

wantstobeinshap
01-05-2006, 08:49 PM
PM sent. Thanks!

onusigep
01-05-2006, 09:37 PM
Excellent. I won't let you down 'bro'. :-)

I hope everyone will enjoy my take on Basic Cuts and you'll get the needed data/exposure that you need.

I'll get you my info...

40-Yard Dash_2
01-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Excellent. I won't let you down 'bro'. :-)

I hope everyone will enjoy my take on Basic Cuts and you'll get the needed data/exposure that you need.

I'll get you my info...
Best of luck, and we'll see.....

wantstobeinshap
01-06-2006, 01:24 AM
hey Uhockey,

I've been doing my research on melting point since I've been chosen to do a log for it and was wondering if going back to a 40/40/20 diet would be wise? I'm currently on a CKD diet. I don't wanna get crazy cramps. Also, currently i'm taking 3 caps sesamin daily. Should I cut this to 1 cap daily? I'm also taking in 6g of fishoil daily. Should I cut that as well? And if so, what to? I've also decided to start supplementing Mg and K when I start melting point. Do you have a recommended dosing protocol for those two? I was reading Rage's MP log and he was taking in 1190mg of K a day and 500mg of Mg a day. It seemed to keep the cramps away until the last few days of his log.

regards

uhockey
01-06-2006, 05:08 AM
hey Uhockey,

I've been doing my research on melting point since I've been chosen to do a log for it and was wondering if going back to a 40/40/20 diet would be wise? I'm currently on a CKD diet. I don't wanna get crazy cramps. Also, currently i'm taking 3 caps sesamin daily. Should I cut this to 1 cap daily? I'm also taking in 6g of fishoil daily. Should I cut that as well? And if so, what to? I've also decided to start supplementing Mg and K when I start melting point. Do you have a recommended dosing protocol for those two? I was reading Rage's MP log and he was taking in 1190mg of K a day and 500mg of Mg a day. It seemed to keep the cramps away until the last few days of his log.

regards

I'd cut Sesamin to 1 cap @ night during the MP log, if you don't mind. It's a great product, but these are my dosing reccs. Fish oil at 6g is fine. Mg/K are ideal.

Read Skelooth's log, he CKD'd on MP.

uhockey
01-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Best of luck, and we'll see.....

He'll be fine, let's just say that in duck-duck-goose, you have a better chance of getting picked if the current goose is your friend........and if you're fat so you can't catch him. :)

TexAss
01-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Thanks!

PMs sent (one with address information and one with some questions).

40-Yard Dash_2
01-06-2006, 08:37 AM
He'll be fine, let's just say that in duck-duck-goose, you have a better chance of getting picked if the current goose is your friend........and if you're fat so you can't catch him. :)
lol. Well said.

onusigep
01-06-2006, 04:41 PM

Indeed. I owe you one punch tonight... but it sounds like MUO did it for me. :-)

And now I'm curious which one of us is faster... this fat kid can move.

wantstobeinshap
01-13-2006, 12:40 AM
when should the testers expect to have the supplements for the logs? I'm asking because I'd like to start thinking about when I should start the transition from a CKD diet to a more standard diet. Also, when taking the K and Mg supplements, should I take into account the amount i'm getting from my whey, multi etc?

regards

Robboe
01-13-2006, 04:10 AM
No, nail the electrolytes regardless of what is in your food.

I still haven't sent the full list of testers off yet, because i'm getting more details from testers on other boards. I'll send off by the end of this weekend though.

wantstobeinshap
01-13-2006, 11:19 AM
No, nail the electrolytes regardless of what is in your food.

I still haven't sent the full list of testers off yet, because i'm getting more details from testers on other boards. I'll send off by the end of this weekend though.

you think I should begin the transition to a more normal diet already? I was looking over my diet for this log and it looks like if I start now I'll be ok by the 23rd.

I'm getting 100mg k from my whey, 100mg k from my multi, 80mg Mg from my calcium supplement, and 80mg Mg from my multi. I shouldn't add those from the 500mg or K and Mg that i'm going to take?

regards

Robboe
01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
You can try, but i gurantee once the cramps hit you'll wish you'd taken extra.

Sure, change diets now.

wantstobeinshap
01-13-2006, 12:11 PM
You can try, but i gurantee once the cramps hit you'll wish you'd taken extra.

Sure, change diets now.

ok, i'll start the transition...also, I guess i'll be taking 500mg of both k and Mg, not including what i'm getting from the other stuff. Is that good?

regards

Robboe
01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
300-500mg potassium twice daily (or 100-200mg split into four doses over the day)

300-500mg magnesium in the evening.

steveofuerte
08-12-2006, 11:40 AM
im 17 years old, 5'9'', 175lbs.
lifted for only two years.
bench: 295x1
legpress(screw squats): 720x10
preacher curl: 125 x 6
french press: 125x 10

I have never taken any supplements except for whey protein from costco, but i have been itching to start to bring my body to the next level.

no_strain_no_ga
08-12-2006, 11:52 AM
im 17 years old, 5'9'', 175lbs.
lifted for only two years.
bench: 295x1
preacher curl: 125 x 6
french press: 125x 10

I have never taken any supplements except for whey protein from costco, but i have been itching to start to bring my body to the next level.
This is almost 8 months old.

TimoteoS
08-12-2006, 11:54 AM
WTF.. clueless bump :D

uhockey
08-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Lol

NATHAN518
08-12-2006, 12:23 PM
Lol
you would think the "ringing in the NEW YEAR" would have been the first clue

:D

Elliptical Envy
08-12-2006, 03:55 PM
This guy keeps bumping old tester threads.

Seth25
08-12-2006, 03:58 PM
Can I still apply or have you chosen testers yet?:D

Blap Blaow
08-12-2006, 04:03 PM
This guy keeps bumping old tester threads.
lol, he only has two posts :D

NATHAN518
08-12-2006, 05:39 PM

LMAO at the steveo:D