PDA

View Full Version : peanutbutter before bed?

rsarno
12-30-2005, 11:03 PM
a friend told me he religiously takes 2 spoons of peanutbutter before he goes to bed.

he said its known to boost test levels, help whatever travel through your body durring sleep, etc.

he said the difference was noticable, to him anyway.

any truth/science behind this?

any links or info would be appreciated, and repped

BigKrabbe
12-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Well...I used to eat a fatty pb and j bf I went to bed to help gain weight. It has protein, and a bunch of fatty acids which is good for test production.

rsarno
12-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Well...I used to eat a fatty pb and j bf I went to bed to help gain weight. It has protein, and a bunch of fatty acids which is good for test production.

I usually have 2 PB&J's durring the day at some point.

i use regular creamy (plan to switch to natures choice) and sugar free jelly, on whole wheet.

one of these sandwhiches is ok for before bed? Or should i just eat the peanutbutter plain?

Mythos219
12-30-2005, 11:23 PM
I usually stop eating after 9pm. Sometimes, I stay up late watching tv or whatever and I get hungry as heck - this is when I grab a tbsp of PB just before I hit the sack.

pris
12-31-2005, 01:43 AM
I think most people have the wrong ideas about bodybuilding/exercise.

Most people tend to associate exercise/bb with a particular body image.

I dont agree that the only outcome has to be a particular shape to my body.

Now that im getting older and having done it off and on for 15 years I think the goal of exercise is to add more vitality to your life.

Taking care of ourselves by eating healthier foods and exercising is life altering. It allows us to walk and enjoy the outdoors, better preform our jobs, be active. And most importantly to be mentally active and sane---

Killing yourself by starving to achieve a particular body shape...seems contrary to the goal of exercise in the first place...to enrich our lives!

So dont worry about eating the perfect balance meals...just eat but in moderation and with healthy foods.

Make it fit your life rather than adapt to it--do exercises you like to do (so if you dont want to be a lab rat you dont have to run on the treadmill all day), eat foods you like but again in moderation and healthy--

Enjoy life--and live it!!!

StrongEnough?
12-31-2005, 04:58 AM
I'll have a little over a tablespoon before bed every other night to 2 nights.

BrendanK
12-31-2005, 09:18 AM
nat. PB on piece of whole wheat, and glass of milk before bed every night... it's delicious...

emunah
12-31-2005, 09:24 AM
if it fits in your plan, why not.

Robbyrh10
12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
pb and cottage cheese every night 30 min prebed

gjreid
01-02-2006, 04:52 PM
The reason i take it with my cottage cheese or milk is because when you eat a high fat meal it slows down the digestion process. considering this is exactly why your supposed to have casein protein because it takes 6-7 hours to digest, the fat in the pb slows that process down even more. increasing that time period to 7-9 hours depending on how much fat you incorporate. i personally have one tb of pb with a cup of cc or 20oz of milk before i go to bed.

hope that solves the mystery!

musclebound83
01-03-2006, 08:49 AM
What is your goal right now rsarno? I know I saw on your signature you just started weightlifting...To me pb is great before bed-I mix it in w/my prebed casein protein shake
Here's what I have before bed
Mix this all into a blender

1 Cup skim milk
1/2 cup non-fat powdered milk
1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/2 cup fat free plain yogurt
1/4 cup oatmeal
2 Tbsp Peanut butter
3 packets of splenda
Some water
Some sugar-free chocolate syrup(optional)

t_dats
01-03-2006, 09:05 AM

gotta agree with "cottage cheese man" :D

jer @h2o
01-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Right on. I love 'em together. Has never been an issue with fat gain either.