PDA

View Full Version : Been bulking since fall...when should i cut for summer?

fnbdave
12-29-2005, 06:53 AM
Started a bulk in mid September and then i was 5'8, and a lean #145pnds...as of today I am at #160 and have a bit of a gut but have built up arms and shoulders, legs but want more chest development. I plan to start CEE and No-Xplode in January and continue bulking through the beginning of March.

I was thinking of starting a cut in March so that by June I'd have my leanness back and something to show for the gross bulk I did (i hate eating so much and feeling bloated all the time).

Is that a good plan or is March to early to start cutting?

Pump_30
12-29-2005, 07:11 AM
Started a bulk in mid September and then i was 5'8, and a lean #145pnds...as of today I am at #160 and have a bit of a gut but have built up arms and shoulders, legs but want more chest development. I plan to start CEE and No-Xplode in January and continue bulking through the beginning of March.

I was thinking of starting a cut in March so that by June I'd have my leanness back and something to show for the gross bulk I did (i hate eating so much and feeling bloated all the time).

Is that a good plan or is March to early to start cutting?

Me personally you need to clean bulk for a couple years, what's going to happen you cut down to around 150 or so and in the process lose the hard earned muscle you've gained.......lift hard and heavy just clean up ur diet but don't worry about abs right now.........

Future5oh
12-29-2005, 04:20 PM
my advice would be to assess your body fat now
use that to calculate how many pounds of fat you have
then get your "summer" body fat percentage as a goal
use that to calculate how many lbs of fat you need to lose to achieve that
then just figure a lb a week (add a week or two as insurance)