PDA

View Full Version : What's the truth and use of NO2?

DaMainEvent
12-27-2005, 12:36 PM
I've read reviews of Cold Fusion NO2 by Legal Gear and the reviews were pretty good. So I went and got a bottle of the NO2 and no doubt, it does what it says, but it worked so well that the pumps were painful and to a point where it hinders my movement, workout. So what's the point of taking NO2 supplements? It does not really give you long term results and it hinders your workout so what are some GOOD reasons to take it? I also have a bottle of White Blood and I can't imagine what that will do to me if LGs Cold Fusion kinda Revved Up beyond what I can handle.

Do you use NO2 on certain days such as chest day, shoulders day only etc..? When I do triceps I could not finish my workout because of the pumps. I took the Cold Fusion with Swole V.2 and when I took the Swole V.2 it was better.

so what's the deal?

Mr. Aries
12-27-2005, 12:39 PM
well 1... your mental state during a workout is directly related to what you get out of the workout itself. If you feel like you are having a sick workout because the pumps are nasty, then most likely, you will continue blasting away because you feel like you are doing something...

I'll let others fill in the rest of the benefits...

zhorner
12-27-2005, 12:44 PM
what a great pump does...

1. the actual pump makes you feel like you are doing something, which leads to a greater "want" to lift.

2. definitely makes you temporarily bigger while working out...since most gyms have mirrors, your reflection gives a better sense of well-being.

3. one theory i have read: the longer the blood stays in your muscles after working out...the easier it is for your body to supply nutrients to your muscle cells for better growth and recovery.

the actual arginine itself has (supposed) effects on growth hormone levels and increased strength.

DaMainEvent
right but see, they say NO2 is useless (yes, this is a two sided argument) but all I get is the pump and not only is that useless but it also won't let me finish my sets.

DeathfromBelow
Pumps are good because they deliver nutrients/remove toxicants from the muscle and help to stretch the muscle fascia, but I don't know if the "bigger" pumps produced by NO2 products are any better than natural pumps for achieving this urpose.

DaMainEvent
12-27-2005, 12:46 PM
what a great pump does...

1. the actual pump makes you feel like you are doing something, which leads to a greater "want" to lift.

2. definitely makes you temporarily bigger while working out...since most gyms have mirrors, your reflection gives a better sense of well-being.

3. one theory i have read: the longer the blood stays in your muscles after working out...the easier it is for your body to supply nutrients to your muscle cells for better growth and recovery.

the actual arginine itself has (supposed) effects on growth hormone levels and increased strength.

ok, the first 2 reasons are useless, the last one may have some merit...but still doesn't really balance out the pro and cons

rollinn10s
12-27-2005, 12:46 PM
I have never taken cold fusion but when I have taken NO products yeah you get pumps but not to the point of pain. I have heard this before but not very often, as for you question when do you use NO2 I use mine on all work out days but if you cant finish your work out then I would just drop it you are not going to loose that much if any since it only helps get more blood to the muscles I use it from time to time but not all the time I think it is just more of a feeling thing from the pumps you feel like you are doing more since the pumps are better.

Mr. Aries
12-27-2005, 12:48 PM
ok, the first 2 reasons are useless, the last one may have some merit...but still doesn't really balance out the pro and cons

what are the cons? Just the fact that you can't finish your set? I finish mine just fine.. The pump does get painful at times but so does working out..

and the first two reasons he listed are not useless.. it's a psychological advantage.. How you feel during the workout and how you interpret your workout are both great weapons to use during the gym session.

Rippd
12-27-2005, 12:51 PM
You can get a great pump from training if you know how to contract the muscle properly. NO supps are great for a "feel" but do little for actual muscle growth. Not worth the money unless you have extra.

RRFB
12-27-2005, 12:57 PM
Really just how do you do this the contraction of the muscle?

Mr. Aries
12-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Really just how do you do this the contraction of the muscle?

by doing a set of exercises?! your muscles contract when you perform the exercises... Repeat it enough times and you get a pump..

zhorner
12-27-2005, 01:13 PM
what are the cons? Just the fact that you can't finish your set? I finish mine just fine.. The pump does get painful at times but so does working out..

and the first two reasons he listed are not useless.. it's a psychological advantage.. How you feel during the workout and how you interpret your workout are both great weapons to use during the gym session.

exactly...i dont know about everyone else, but if i look in the mirror and like what i see, it just motivates me to train harder.

stop taking it if you dont like the way it feels, it aint that big of a deal. i know a guy who gets explosive diarrhea when taking creatine...so he doesnt take it.