PDA

View Full Version : Juice PLUS+ .... Thoughts, Opinions. . .etc.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:41 PM
http://www.juiceplus.com

Anybody ever hear about this?

My step sister is a personal trainer and has been using this stuff for over a year. She's got her husband and two kids taking them. She also got my Mom to start taking them about 6 months or so ago. Now my Mom even trys to get people to take this stuff. She sells it too.

My Step Dad has been in and out of the hospital for a while now and my Mom has been there right by his side. She has spoke to many doctors about this and some know about it, some dont, and some even take it on a daily basis.

So I've finally decided to do some research about it and check it out.

So anybody have any thoughts or opinions?

Discuss!!!

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:42 PM
Other Juice Plus+® Products
Juice Plus+ Vineyard Blend® packs the nutritional essence of nine varieties of berries and grapes -- blueberries, blackberries, bilberries, raspberries, cranberries, elderberries, black currants, red currants, and Concord grapes -- into convenient capsule form. Berries and grapes provide some of nature’s most powerful and healthful antioxidant flavonoids and polyphenols.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Juice Plus+® . . . The Concept

Vegetable gardens. Fruit orchards. They give us nature’s bounty and provide the foundation for healthy living and good nutrition.

The latest dietary guidelines and clinical research consistently emphasize that people need to eat more fruits and vegetables to improve their chances of living long and healthy lives. And scientists learn more every day about the nutritional power packed into every tomato, cranberry, and piece of broccoli. Antioxidants. Phytonutrients. Vitamins. Minerals. Fiber. And more.

Juice Plus+® provides the nutritional essence of 17 different fruits, vegetables, and grains in convenient and inexpensive capsule form. Juice Plus+ Orchard Blend® contains seven of the most nutritious fruits around: apples, oranges, pineapple, cranberries, peaches, acerola cherries, and papaya. Juice Plus+ Garden Blend® contains ten nutrient-dense vegetables and grains: carrots, parsley, beets, kale, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, and barley and oat fibers.

Taking Juice Plus+® capsules every day provides the nutritional foundation we so desperately need that is so lacking in our diets today.

j_neatherlin
12-26-2005, 06:44 PM
i know a lot of people who think this stuff is awesome...but then I asked my boss about it (who is super smart) and he said that it sucked...he then told me why, but i forgot.

he uses USANA. which are also hella expensive.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:44 PM
Juice Plus+® . . . The Reason
"Eat more fruits and vegetables." Over the years, people have found countless ways to ignore that advice. "I don’t have time." "It’s too much trouble." But as scientists and nutritionists continue to learn more about the disease-fighting and preventive powers found in fruits and vegetables, it’s advice we ignore at our peril.

There is no substitute for eating a wide variety of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, at least 7-13 servings every day. But if you’re like most people, you don’t eat enough fruits or vegetables or enough variety. And those fruits and vegetables that we do eat tend to be overprocessed, over-cooked, or too far removed from the field, and thus lack much of the nutrition provided by fresh, raw fruits and vegetables.

That’s why there’s Juice Plus+®. It’s a convenient, affordable, and natural whole food based nutritional product that harnesses the nutritional power of 17 vegetables, fruits, and grains.

Juice Plus+® is not a vitamin supplement, providing a limited number of handpicked nutrients. Juice Plus+® is a whole food based product providing the wide array of nutrients found in a variety of nutritious fruits, vegetables, and grains.

It’s the next best thing to fruits and vegetables … because we don’t get nearly enough of the real thing every day.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:45 PM
i know a lot of people who think this stuff is awesome...but then I asked my boss about it (who is super smart) and he said that it sucked...he then told me why, but i forgot.

he uses USANA. which are also hella expensive.
All the research that has been published is all positive. (3rd party tests blah blah blah)

pu12en12g
12-26-2005, 06:45 PM
http://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/pages/Home.soa?site=as99874 - Step Sisters Page

FYI:
Technically.. that's considered advertising (only because it's a referral link)

You may want to remove that link

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:46 PM
That's considered advertising because it's a referral link
Gone. Sorry. :(

Beta
12-26-2005, 06:47 PM
I hear it works good because of better absorbtion. Not 100% sure.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 06:48 PM
I hear it works good because of better absorbtion. Not 100% sure.
That's what my sister said.

j_neatherlin
12-26-2005, 07:07 PM
All the research that has been published is all positive. (3rd party tests blah blah blah)
who performed and who funded all of this research? what journals has the researched been published in?

like i said, i know a lot of people who think it's awesome.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 07:08 PM
who performed and who funded all of this research? what journals has the researched been published in?

like i said, i know a lot of people who think it's awesome.
My sister has all the stuff. And I think the website does too.

I havent got to check it all out yet though.

R_N_S
12-26-2005, 07:10 PM
so how much LBM can I expect in a 6 weeks cycle?

j_neatherlin
12-26-2005, 07:12 PM
i didn't realize people took vitamins for LBM gain. i thought they were more about health.

silly me.

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Forget the 6 week cycle. With these you can do a 6 year cycle. And no PCT required. ;)

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 07:15 PM
i didn't realize people took vitamins for LBM gain. i thought they were more about health.

silly me.
Yea. You're right. There for health purposes.

R_N_S
12-26-2005, 07:15 PM
when can we expect juice ethyl ester?

Mister_A
12-26-2005, 07:17 PM
when can we expect juice ethyl ester?
Probably less than a year ;)

Mister_A
12-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Bump

Anybody else?

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Whats the price, how long does a bottle last? Can this replace my current multi?

Mister_A
12-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Whats the price, how long does a bottle last? Can this replace my current multi?
I think $30/bottle(month). Not sure about replacing a multi. The absorbtion is supposed to be much much better than a multi though.

kendog
12-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Does it eliminate the need to eat fruits and veges? Full servings per day in the pills?

JRRBadBoy4Life
12-27-2005, 10:00 PM
I think $30/bottle(month). Not sure about replacing a multi. The absorbtion is supposed to be much much better than a multi though.

I would think that I get enough fruits and veggies from my diet, plus whatever is already in my multi. $30 just seems a little pricey considering all the other supplements I take.

Theres a product sold in the grocery stores called Nuvim or Nutravim. It's in a milk carton and has lots of different fruits. Try a cup of that and a can of v8 every day and it may be just as beneficial. Plus your actually filling up your tummy with some calories, not just a pill.

j_neatherlin
12-28-2005, 02:23 AM
I would think that I get enough fruits and veggies from my diet, plus whatever is already in my multi. $30 just seems a little pricey considering all the other supplements I take.

it comes out to $60/month b/c you're supposed to 1 bottle of the fruit stuff and 1 bottle of the veggie stuff.

Mister_A
12-28-2005, 05:05 AM
Does it eliminate the need to eat fruits and veges? Full servings per day in the pills?
Not completely. But the daily doses have the equivalent of whatever the daily minimum is supposed to be like 9-12 servings or whatever. Nobody eats that much in real life. It would be way to expensive.

Mister_A
12-28-2005, 05:08 AM
it comes out to $60/month b/c you're supposed to 1 bottle of the fruit stuff and 1 bottle of the veggie stuff.
Just looked at the site.

"Each carton contains a 4 month supply. (4) bottles of Garden Blend & (4) bottles of Orchard Blend. $39.75/month

But I know from my mom and sister you can buy 1 bottle of each at a time.

Please dont take any of my posts as trying to get people to take this. I dont take this myself. I'm trying to get people's opinions on it and do research on it to see if it's worth taking myself.

musicfreak
12-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Something about it just doesn't strike me as something I want to take maybe the vegtable part too much like a V8 to me.

j_neatherlin
12-28-2005, 09:23 AM
Something about it just doesn't strike me as something I want to take maybe the vegtable part too much like a V8 to me.
actually i think it sounds pretty good. i'm just too poor to buy expensive ass vitamins....plus i'd want to talk to our lead doc again about it and see why he doesn't like them.

my bad on the whole price thing...i don't know that much about the juice

Mister_A
12-28-2005, 09:24 AM
actually i think it sounds pretty good. i'm just too poor to buy expensive ass vitamins....plus i'd want to talk to our lead doc again about it and see why he doesn't like them.

my bad on the whole price thing...i don't know that much about the juice
Whatever you can find out from that doc let me know.

j_neatherlin
12-28-2005, 03:53 PM
he said that a few years back, Juice PLUS+ had a horrible ORAC score. ask your sister if they have improved that in the last several years.

Mister_A
12-28-2005, 04:04 PM
he said that a few years back, Juice PLUS+ had a horrible ORAC score. ask your sister if they have improved that in the last several years.
I didnt know it was that old. She's only been taking and selling it for the past year maybe year and a half.

I'll ask her about the ORAC score.

FARVIN
03-08-2010, 09:42 AM
I didnt know it was that old. She's only been taking and selling it for the past year maybe year and a half.

I'll ask her about the ORAC score.

Goddamnit, wtf is an ORAC score and why did you never respond?? It's been over 4 years you bastard!