PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre's playoff record is a pretty mediocre 11-9

soxinseven
01-11-2008, 05:21 PM
Not only that, but he's lost two of his last three home playoff games.

Of course, the way ESPN is spinning it, Favre is Joe Montana or Tom Brady in the playoffs or some ****. :rolleyes:

I never really understood ESPN slobbering all over this stupid redneck's nuts so much. Yeah, he has the most career touchdown passes, but your stats are going to accumulate when you play two decades regardless of whether you're a good QB or not. Case in point, Favre's also thrown more interceptions than any other QB.

I'll love it if Favre is laughed off Lambeau Field yet again after a playoff loss to a ****ty team (let's face it, Seattle sucks dick), but the Seahawks are so awful that this is pretty much a bye week for the Packers.

Propulsion
01-11-2008, 05:32 PM
He's won a superbowl.

DavidJr74
01-11-2008, 05:33 PM
Okay?

Ace50
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
He's won a superbowl.

One superbowl in how many years?

Compared to the other playoff greats, Favre doe not compare. He simply does not stack up against greater playoff statistics to the likes of Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, or even a myriad of other playoff QBs.

To defend the statement that Favre is one of the greatest QBs in the playoffs is ludacris. However, there is no doubt that Favre is still one of the greatest, if not the greatest QB of all time.

KingCanuck
01-11-2008, 05:41 PM
1 star thread

Greg1983
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
1 star thread

Even a Seahawks fan less than a day before the game thinks you're a retard. I hate how people play the whole "well he's played forever" card. Other teams would kill for their QB to have Favre's durability. The fact that he's never had that great of pass protection makes it even more remarkable.

B P Spin
01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
1) Favre has played in 20 playoff games. That in itself is an accomplishment
and it means that he's been a damn good QB over the course of his NFL career.

2) The Seahawks do not suck. They're a good team with a lot of weapons
on offense and defense and they have a great coach.

GoldBlue
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
I wish there was a 0 star rating so I could bitch about there needed to be a -1 star rating for this ****ty ass thread.

rampagefc77
01-11-2008, 05:59 PM
seahawks are like 3-5 on the road THIS SEASON. no point in bringing up the past...

Tony romo has never won a playoff game... does that mean dallas doesnt ahve a shot? Eli manning has more playoff wins than he does, we all know how clutch eli is.

Bringing up random stats means nothing. the play on the field does.

Clide Whit
01-11-2008, 06:13 PM
12-8 if it weren't for 4th and 26.

hounds
01-11-2008, 06:18 PM
the stat only proves how successful of a career he has had. Those nine playoff losses means he has guided his team to the playoffs ten times in his career.

Russ-T
01-11-2008, 06:30 PM
also realize that its favre here, were not talking about some other QB, im just meaning the moral that guy brings wherever he goes whoever he talks to, he cheers up a ciy just by entering it. I mean the guy is such a nice character and a role model for so many people out there.

soxinseven
01-11-2008, 06:34 PM
He's won a superbowl.

So has Trent Dilfer.

kooldude
01-11-2008, 06:36 PM
in before Packer homers

kethnaab
01-11-2008, 06:39 PM
I never really understood ESPN slobbering all over this stupid redneck's nuts so much.

yup. negged upon recharge.

BigDreams21
01-11-2008, 06:52 PM
This thread is horrible.

c0ncept-2
01-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Of course, the way ESPN is spinning it, Favre is Joe Montana or Tom Brady in the playoffs or some ****. :rolleyes:

I never really understood ESPN slobbering all over this stupid redneck's nuts so much. Yeah, he has the most career touchdown passes, but your stats are going to accumulate when you play two decades regardless of whether you're a good QB or not. Case in point, Favre's also thrown more interceptions than any other QB.

I'll love it if Favre is laughed off Lambeau Field yet again after a playoff loss to a ****ty team (let's face it, Seattle sucks dick), but the Seahawks are so awful that this is pretty much a bye week for the Packers.

Yovy?

Huse
01-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Yovy?

No ***.

c0ncept-2
01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
No ***.

thats odd, he just went offline as you started posting

wsuwarrior
01-11-2008, 08:16 PM
He also played against the niners and cowboys of the 90's...they were "kinda" good but you wouldnt remember because you didnt start watching football until about 2003.

BBGAMBINI31
01-11-2008, 08:36 PM
i was watching nfl greatest games yesterday i think,the packers and 49ers game,where the catch 2 was made,damn, that was a crazy as game,. how rice fumbled the ball,if they had instant replay the packers would of won,
crazy how they had a rookie terrel owens and jerry rice on da same team,
sry for bringing up bad memories

GatorsIn09
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM

if you think seattle is ****ty then you know nothing about football. like are you being serious? they have a defense that can put pressure on the opposing teams qb and thats what wins games in playoffs. oh but they dont have a bunch of flash in the pants guys so idiots like you think they suck.

also hilarious you hate on brett favre. maybe the fact the the guy has started 253 ****ing games in a row in professional football at the hardest position has something to do with why people love him. show some respect and shut the **** up

solidus2k3
01-11-2008, 10:51 PM
So has Trent Dilfer.

lol

Huse
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM

Cool, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people who know who soxinseven really is.

consciouschef
01-12-2008, 06:36 AM

NFL MVP 1995, 1996, 1997. Yeah, it's just cause he played so many years.

By the way, Favre has NEVER been laughed off Lambeau Field. The entire state of Wisconsin worships him and rightfully so. We never even boo him, much less laugh at him. I will think of this post and chuckle while I'm at the game today watching the Packers beat the Seahawks.

Nutella!
01-12-2008, 06:54 AM

someones unaware

papi93
01-12-2008, 07:13 AM
yup. negged upon recharge.

Agreed. Negged into the red.

This user has started up multiple user accounts (after the originals were banned). I thought that resulted in permaban?

1 star thread.

fromoe
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
teams win games

/thread because it sucks

Thy_Kingdom
01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Favre is an amazing QB and he's one of my favourites but even I admit the media rides his dick.

neworleans
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
packers are 12-2 at lambeau in the playoffs...at least tahts what it said on nfl network just now

B P Spin
01-12-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm a dumb**** who knows absolutely nothing about football. Congratulations, Brett Favre. You are one helluva QB.

^
ahhhh, that's better

p.s. make that 12-9 in the playoffs

Clide Whit
01-12-2008, 05:14 PM
^
ahhhh, that's better

p.s. make that 12-9 in the playoffs

14-7 if it weren't for 4th and 26 and Jerry Rice fumble blown callhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

JayKid
01-12-2008, 08:51 PM
if you think seattle is ****ty then you know nothing about football. like are you being serious? they have a defense that can put pressure on the opposing teams qb and thats what wins games in playoffs. oh but they dont have a bunch of flash in the pants guys so idiots like you think they suck.

Um, the Seahawks do suck. It was just shown today.

They have some good linebackers. They have a pretty good QB. They have some good players all around really, but they are far from being that good.

They play in probably the easiest division in the NFL so playoffs aren't hard. They beat the weakest of all the wild card teams. They were the weakest coming in and going against the Packers... then what?

They got owned. They were in control because of some unfortunate fumbles--the first being luck, the next being a good hit on top of Grant running too high. After that, they did nothing. At all. Not on defense, not on offense. Yes, the weather was bad, but they aren't that very good when weather is great either.

They aren't ****ty--I reserve that for Dolphins, Raiders, Jets, etc--but I don't think they are very good. They really are barely playoff quality IMO.

GatorsIn09
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM

They have some good linebackers. They have a pretty good QB. They have some good players all around really, but they are far from being that good.

They play in probably the easiest division in the NFL so playoffs aren't hard. They beat the weakest of all the wild card teams. They were the weakest coming in and going against the Packers... then what?

They got owned. They were in control because of some unfortunate fumbles--the first being luck, the next being a good hit on top of Grant running too high. After that, they did nothing. At all. Not on defense, not on offense. Yes, the weather was bad, but they aren't that very good when weather is great either.

They aren't ****ty--I reserve that for Dolphins, Raiders, Jets, etc--but I don't think they are very good. They really are barely playoff quality IMO.umm yeah they did get owned. i never said anything about them winning did i? to say a team thats in the 2nd round of the playoffs sucks is just being ignorant.

if you couldnt tell that they have a speedy defense without alot of inside power then i dont know what to tell you. that speed was neutralized by the snow, which is no excuse, and they desereved to lose. but please dont try to come at me like i said they were going to win the superbowl. i merely said they dont suck are a good team, if you get to the second round you dont suck.

all that being said it didnt really matter cause the packers are playing great and i actually hate the seahawks. cant wait to see favre next week, i almost want the cowboys to lose just so the games at lambeau

consciouschef
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Just got back from the game, Favre is god.

BMatt
01-12-2008, 10:05 PM
Concious where do you live? im from Wisconsin too. But anyways, all those saying Brett Favre sucks.. are you joking me? Whoever said hes been laughed off of Lambeau Field, you are a complete idiot, that has never happened and never will happen. Brett Favre is a god in Wisconsin. Hes only one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game, regardless if he has only won a single Superbowl. Do you people say Dan Marino sucked just cause he didnt win a Superbowl? No. You guys would have the same respect for Brett Favre if you had the privelage to watch him every Sunday, one of the few class acts left in the NFL today.

BMatt
01-12-2008, 10:14 PM

They aren't ****ty--I reserve that for Dolphins, Raiders, Jets, etc--but I don't think they are very good. They really are barely playoff quality IMO.

Actually the Patriots IMO play in the weakest division in all of football.. the Dolphins, Jets, and Bills.

And to say the Seahawks suck? Thats a little much. They have made the playoffs the past what, 4 or 5 years? Not to mention being in the Superbowl a couple years back. They beat a good Washington team that came into the playoffs as one of the hottest teams in the NFL. And you say they had to play the weakest wild card team in the Redskins.. your aware there is only two wild card teams right? You make it sound like theres an abundance. And id hardly consider the Giants better than the Redskins, they did split their regular season meetings after all. The second meeting of which Washington went into New York and just crushed the Giants..

heidt410
01-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Its hard enough to win in the NFL...going 11-9 is pretty damn good for playoff competition...

heidt410
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
14-7 if it weren't for 4th and 26 and Jerry Rice fumble blown callhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/icons/icon12.gif

whats 4-26?...

I remember that Rice fumble...wasnt that the same game TO dropped all those passes and then hauled in the TD for win...was crying afterward, or was that a different game?...anyway, definitely a fumble...No review then.

BMatt
01-12-2008, 11:28 PM
It was when the Packers were playing the Eagles in the NFC Championship game in Philly. The Eagles somehow converted on 4th and 26 and went on to win the game.

heidt410
01-12-2008, 11:34 PM
It was when the Packers were playing the Eagles in the NFC Championship game in Philly. The Eagles somehow converted on 4th and 26 and went on to win the game.

oh yeah...thx

GatorsIn09
01-12-2008, 11:52 PM

that was the craziest play ever. i couldnt believe mcnabb did that

hounds
01-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Think about it, they are a complete fraud year in and year out

1) they play in a dreadful division so if they win 9,10,11 games they are guarenteed a home playoff game, this is the only reason they always end up in the second round of the playoffs. A home playoff game against a bottom two seed is almost a guarenteed win (unless you're tampa bay).

2) they havnt won a road playoff game.....since......oh nevermind, they dont win road playoff games.

3) The only reason they went to the super bowl in '06 is because they were the two seed (with a padded record due to a **** schedule) and the top seed lost in the divisional round; if the game is at home they have a chance of winning, otherwise no shot in hell.

4) They gave up once the packers took the lead. It was pathetic, as a football fan i want to see good games, not one team throwing in the towel because its cold.

papi93
01-13-2008, 12:30 PM
4) They gave up once the packers took the lead. It was pathetic, as a football fan i want to see good games, not one team throwing in the towel because its cold.

I was shocked to see them keep trying to run the ball even when they were down by a couple of touchdowns. Questionable play calling, IMO. It's win or go home. Why not leave it all on the line?

hounds
01-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I was shocked to see them keep trying to run the ball even when they were down by a couple of touchdowns. Questionable play calling, IMO. It's win or go home. Why not leave it all on the line?

The worst case was when they punted with 6 mins left in the 4th....talk about a team wanting to get out of town ASAP. They're a soft team that only gets up to play when they are at home, simple as that.

soxinseven
01-20-2008, 07:21 PM
After throwing that INT to piss a trip to the Super Bowl down the toilet, Brett Favre is now an even more mediocre 12-10 in the playoffs.

Richie_Awesome
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
After throwing that INT to piss a trip to the Super Bowl down the toilet, Brett Favre is now an even more mediocre 12-10 in the playoffs.

Ouch.

soxinseven
01-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Tom Brady's postseason record: 14-2
Brett Favre's postseason recod: 12-10

:eek:

papi93
01-21-2008, 08:07 AM

If GM Ted Thompson would have parted with his fourth round draft pick for WR Randy Moss...the season may have been very different for the Packers. Give the Patriots credit for having a smarter GM.