PDA

View Full Version : Tolerance To Food

mohabitar
12-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Now is it true that if you eat the same kind of foods everyday, your bodys metabolism will adjust to that food and just get used to it, so it would be digested quickly. For example, me, I eat alot of chicken everyday and most of my meals are chicken. Now would that be bad if i am trying to gain weight, becuase my body would just adjust to that chicken and would be digested real quick. So would it be a good idea to have a variety of different types of foods everyday, rather than just one specific type for gaining weight?

TanTheMan
12-25-2005, 12:34 PM
I don't believe your body can actually 'digest any quicker' because its used to it. however it has been documented that eating the same thing over and over will 'retard' grow or loss. thats the idea behind refeeding. just cheat once a week if your concerned about it and thats that.

Melkor
12-25-2005, 05:27 PM
That's a theory that's been around for a while, but try to explain to me how the hell your body knows what you chewed up and swallowed? And, if you can do that, then tell me why the hell it would care? A complete protein is a complete protein... a slow digesting carb is a slow digesting carb etc. It makes no difference at all to your body what form it was in before you chewed on it. I have never seen a single study saying this theory has any validity at all. If there is one out there please post it up, I would love to read it and see what they have to say about it.