PDA

View Full Version : Christians, tell me how this is fair

iliketodoit
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
According to Christianity if you hear the word of Jesus and God and are aware of the religion but choose to not follow or believe, you go to hell.

But if you never hear the word of God then die and then during the afterlife, face-to-face with God you are given a chance to believe. WHO THE **** ISN'T GOING TO SAY THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD IF GIVEN PHYSICAL PROOF (I would say who in their right mind wouldn't believe in god if he was standing in front of you, but I know someone will say "God's always by you!!!11")? Sounds like we're all getting screwed and those who died while believing in their other Gods before Christianity mainstreamed are basically guarunteed eternal bliss.

So everyone except current day society is getting an easy way out. Please tell me how this is fair. And don't give me that "God is just" "We won't understand God's logic" bull****.

Beatitude
01-11-2008, 12:13 PM
According to Christianity if you hear the word of Jesus and God and are aware of the religion but choose to not follow or believe, you go to hell.

But if you never hear the word of God then die and then during the afterlife, face-to-face with God you are given a chance to believe. WHO THE **** ISN'T GOING TO SAY THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD IF GIVEN PHYSICAL PROOF (I would say who in their right mind wouldn't believe in god if he was standing in front of you, but I know someone will say "God's always by you!!!11")? Sounds like we're all getting screwed and those who died while believing in their other Gods before Christianity mainstreamed are basically guarunteed eternal bliss.

So everyone except current day society is getting an easy way out. Please tell me how this is fair. And don't give me that "God is just" "We won't understand God's logic" bull****.

I think you need to check your source (the Bible) in order to understand this matter. God doesn't show favoritism or partiality to anybody. In the book of Romans thd 2nd chapter, Paul tells us that everybody, including the people that have not heard, are going to be judged by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and those that have not heard will either be defended OR accused for their life, with their consciouses bearing witnesses. So your incorrect by saying that people that haven't heard simply are overlooked and enter the Kingdom regardless. It's just not the case.

NotStandingBy
01-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I think you need to check your source (the Bible) in order to understand this matter. God doesn't show favoritism or partiality to anybody.

What about the Jews who claim to be "God's Chosen"?

Beatitude
01-11-2008, 12:20 PM

God's Chosen are the ones that accept and embrace their Savior. In the 2nd chapter of Romans, Paul tells us that both Jew and Gentile will perish for their sins, and that both Jew and Gentile will receive glory and honor in redemption and that God does not show favoritism.

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 12:23 PM

They proved time and time again in the old testament, when they were God's chosen ones, that they didn't care. Forty years in the desert ring a bell?

jf1
01-11-2008, 12:23 PM
I think you need to check your source (the Bible) in order to understand this matter. God doesn't show favoritism or partiality to anybody. In the book of Romans thd 2nd chapter, Paul tells us that everybody, including the people that have not heard, are going to be judged by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and those that have not heard will either be defended OR accused for their life, with their consciouses bearing witnesses. So your incorrect by saying that people that haven't heard simply are overlooked and enter the Kingdom regardless. It's just not the case.

so the people who are ignorant of christianty will be judged by their works?
(theoretically of course)

StrongInChrist
01-11-2008, 12:25 PM

Jews seem to forget about those parts of the Torah that demand evangelism. God chose the Jews to reveal himself to and they were in turn supposed to represent God to the rest of the world. Somewhere along the line they started stating that salvation was to the Jew alone. The book of Jonah is a perfect example of this. God had compassion on the heathen city of Ninevah (modern day Mosul Iraq) and told Jonah to preach to them. Jonah refused because he thought the town of Ninevah was too sinful and was jelous that God would even consider them. Whether you believe his being swallowed by a whale was metaphoric or not is irrelavant. The point still stands: God had compassion on nations that were not in the "promised land" and it was the Jews that thought themselves too "holy" to reach out to them.

God has never intended to save only a select few. It just so happens that only a "select few" choose to follow him.

Beatitude
01-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Everybody is judged by their works since our works are the fruits of what is within us. A bad heart doesn't produce good fruit, and a good heart doesn't produce bad fruit. If you are forgiven and covered by the blood of Christ, none of your wickedness will be remembered, and as your sinful nature dies you are reborn. Since Paul tells us that those who have not heard the law will be defended or accused, we know that the blood of Christ will cover some of them as well.

StrongInChrist
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Aside from accepting the death of Christ for atonement of sins, all humans will be judged according to their works. No man is apt to tell anyone whether they do or do not measure up the law. God will decide. My duty is to preach the message of grace so that we will not have to play the game of Russian roulette with eternity.

jlick
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
WHO THE **** ISN'T GOING TO SAY THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD IF GIVEN PHYSICAL PROOF Have you read the bible? Plenty of people did not believe in God, or strayed away from God even after witnessing miracles first hand. You really should brush up on your biblical knowledge before you make a thread such as this one.

ljwede7
01-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Given the reliance on Paul, you'd think he was the Messiah or something. What is the rationale for believing what Paul said over, say, Arius?

Too bad Jesus couldn't have cleared things up himself.

Why did he fail to speak?
Why did he not tell his disciples, and through them the world:
"You shall not burn, imprison and torture in my name.
You shall not persecute your fellow-men."

Why did he not plainly say: "I am the Son of God," or, "I am God"?
Why did he not explain the Trinity?
Why did he not tell the mode of baptism that was pleasing to him?
Why did he not write a creed?
Why did he not break the chains of slaves?
Why did he not say that the Old Testament was or was not the inspired word
of God?
Why did he not write the New Testament himself?
Why did he leave his words to ignorance, hypocrisy and chance?
Why did he not say something positive, definite and satisfactory about
another world?
Why did he not turn the tear-stained hope of heaven into the glad knowledge
of another life?
Why did he not tell us something of the rights of man, of the liberty of
hand and brain?

Why did he go dumbly to his death, leaving the world to misery and to doubt?

I will tell you why. He was a man, and did not know.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM

How is it fair? It is not fair. The christian god is a sadistic evil psychopath who wants us all to suffer for eternity. He gains pleasure from torturing us. :(

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 01:22 PM
How is it fair? It is not fair. The christian god is a sadistic evil psychopath who wants us all to suffer for eternity. He gains pleasure from torturing us. :(

As much as he is mocked and make a joke of, I can't blame him.

nonAtlas
01-11-2008, 01:23 PM

Friend, is there a particular sport you like to play? Maybe basketball or hockey?

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
As much as he is mocked and make a joke of, I can't blame him.

Oh sure sure, that makes sense for an all powerful god to be so insecure and pathetic that he gets revenge on people by torturing them for eternity. What a loving, merciful god. :rolleyes:

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Oh sure sure, that makes sense for an all powerful god to be so insecure and pathetic that he gets revenge on people by torturing them for eternity. What a loving, merciful god. :rolleyes:

It's not his revenge. It's your choice, dude.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
It's not his revenge. It's your choice, dude.

Oh, it's my choice? Ok, I choose not to be tortured by your evil god for all eternity.

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh, it's my choice? Ok, I choose not to be tortured by your evil god for all eternity.

I couldn't care any less what you want to do. It isn't me you should take the issue up with.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I couldn't care any less what you want to do. It isn't me you should take the issue up with.

Ok, then stop trying to rationalize your sick cult's beliefs for me.

nonAtlas
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM

You will learn to just ignore the flames that the red-haired kid lights. It is a waste of time to prove your point time after time with that one. :rolleyes:

ElderJefferson
01-11-2008, 01:32 PM

I think you have been fed some bad religion, son. That's not what the Bible teaches. There are no afterlife conversions. Upon death or Revelation 22:11 (whichever comes first) - that's it. Your fate will have been eternally decided.

And physical proof does not a conversion make. Just ask the children of Israel, or the thousands of souls who witnessed Christ's miracles.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
You will learn to just ignore the flames that the red-haired kid lights. It is a waste of time to prove your point time after time with that one. :rolleyes:

I have brown hair. :)

By the way...how is that child molester friend of yours, Benny Hinn, doing?

I trust you are still taking your anti-psychotics.

Well, it was nice catching up with you, little mr. saint! You are one funny little saint! :p

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Ok, then stop trying to rationalize your sick cult's beliefs for me.

I'm explaning to you how christianity works.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm explaning to you how christianity works.

I know exactly how it works.

Dangerous E
01-11-2008, 01:44 PM
I know exactly how it works.

Good luck, friend.

nonAtlas
01-11-2008, 01:45 PM
Friend, is there a particular sport you like to play? Maybe basketball or hockey?

Okay. Since you are ducking my question I will make my point for the benefit of others. Suppose you decide to start playing basketball, or you just happen to be at the basketball court one day and some guys invite you to play. You learn the rules (in the first situation) or you learn as the game goes along that "double dribble" is illegal. Having heard the rules or just being in the game means you don't get an exception on the rules you decide are "unfair". So if you tackle some guy or elbow him in the teeth, you know you are breaking the rules. And rules are enforced for the benefit of everyone playing the game, which means there are no special cases.

Same with the Savior: We all know the Gospel (even the red-haired kid who thinks it is a hoot to lie about those rules and laugh about the people who have pissed on the Lord and chosen to spend eternity in separation from Him), and as such we know that we are answerable to Him for our sin. That you decide that something is "unfair" (by YOUR chosen standards) is not an issue.

:)

Thy_Kingdom
01-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Lets kill god.

Lager1
01-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Hey nonny...make sure you use protection when romping and playing with your homosexual ****phile friend, Benny Hinn. ;)

What a silly little saint you are! Haha! Just keep taking those anti-psychotics and you'll be just fine. :)

nonAtlas
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Lets kill god.

We already did, and that is why we saints can celebrate our victory over the laws of sin, death, sickness and poverty.

:)

dumac
01-11-2008, 02:37 PM

i think thats the way its gonna go. i don't believe in any of that limbo stuff its either heaven or hell no in between and that includes no purgatory.

jf1
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
i think thats the way its gonna go. i don't believe in any of that limbo stuff its either heaven or hell no in between and that includes no purgatory.

its all the same dude!
heaven, hell, purgatory, limbo; all mythical make believe places!