PDA

View Full Version : The Recipe for a perfect protein shake.

walken1
01-10-2008, 03:03 PM
I see so many posts where people complain about not being able to mix their protein shakes (to clumpy, sinks to the bottom, etc). Well if you make a small investment, there's a very easy solution. Get yourself an "immersion mixer"...you know, one of the kind that's like a wand you put directly into your shake. They are much easier to deal with than a blender and will easily fit in a gym bag (see attached picture). I have one made by KitchenAid, the very best. I've tried many brands but none have the ice crushing power of the KitchenAid models. Now, get yourself a sturdy Tupperware or Rubbermaid type bowl. Put your water in the bowl first. Then, add ice...not just a few cubes, use a lot of ice where its almost as much as the water. Add your protein powder. Now, the real secret for thickness. Add a heaping teaspoon of Xantham Gum....Huh? Xantham Gum is a thickening substance made from the natural fermentation of corn sugars. It essentially adds no calories as your body does not break it down. It's mainly used for bread making but will thicken anything, hot or cold. You can find it in health food stores. It's also available in the health food section at Kroger stores. The next step is to give it a good stir with a spoon, just to get all the dry ingredients wet. Then, insert the mixer (high speed) and mix it up. In less than 30 seconds, you will have a very thick, tasty shake. Depending on the water / ice ratio, its the consistency of soft serve ice cream and you can literally eat it with a spoon!

ChingChang
01-10-2008, 03:44 PM
wow strong paragraph

BuffMister
01-10-2008, 03:47 PM
wow strong paragraph

LoL.........the mixer looks very versatile,can you use it in the bedroom as well :)

Sleepstream
01-10-2008, 04:01 PM
LoL.........the mixer looks very versatile,can you use it in the bedroom as well :)

And good for abortions.

My perfect protein shake:
Protein powder + milk

ChingChang
01-10-2008, 04:58 PM
And good for abortions.

you know from experience?

Sleepstream
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
you know from experience?

Not particularly, I would just imagine that a hand mixer like that would be great for those types of things.

cyde
01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
wow strong paragraph

Show him how to make the Manly Man Shake :D

walken1
01-10-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey ChingChang, I was reading your BodySpace page and realized that you too have a career in Information Technology....what's your specialty? I'm a self-taught web developer, specializing in .NET and SharePoint technologies. In a month or so I will be going over to Iraq to work on an Army contract...kinda' sucks but you can make some fat bucks!

ChingChang
01-11-2008, 05:02 AM
network admin, but that may change. Right now I'm just computer technician working on notebooks mostly.