PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is wrong with Rodney Harrison?

hounds
01-10-2008, 08:44 AM
This guy has gone off the deepend trying to find reasons to feel snubbed by the "general public". Direct quote:

"I don't think everyone expects us to win it. I think a lot of people expect us to lose."

does he really believe the crap coming out of his mouth? Come on Rodney, theres a huge difference between "expects" and "wants."

discuss

Cramerica
01-10-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree. As much as it pains me to say it, I expect the Pats to beat the Jags.

However, I want the Jags to beat the Pats.

hounds
01-10-2008, 08:50 AM
Anyone that doesnt "expect" the patriots to win the super bowl is high. Theres a reason right now Tom Brady has odds of 2/3 to win the super bowl MVP

Kind of hard to play the "we dont get no respect" card when you're 16-0 :cool:

malty
01-10-2008, 08:52 AM
The guy's been doing this for a long long time, if saying stuff like that to the press helps him get motivated so be it.

And it's not like he's completely imagining it. Look at the front page of www.espn.com and the article in bold below the brady and romo picture: "I'll say it again, Jags will win."

Yeah with their back against a wall and a gun to their head anyone in their right mind would pick the Patriots, but the Jags are a bad matchup for them and a trendy upset pick.

It's not like he said anything like that before they played the Dolphins or Jets.

hounds
01-10-2008, 08:55 AM
The guy's been doing this for a long long time, if saying stuff like that to the press helps him get motivated so be it.

Yeah i guess he his known for making kind of ridiculous observations (I took HGH for recovery so its not that big of a deal), but this is comical to me. He's trying to give his own team bulletin board material

I agree that JAX has become a somewhat trendy upset pick this week, but when you're favored by 2td's...well you get my point

Cramerica
01-10-2008, 09:00 AM
And it's not like he's completely imagining it. Look at the front page of www.espn.com and the article in bold below the brady and romo picture: "I'll say it again, Jags will win."

Interesting article by Jeremy Green, although I've heard it all a hundred times.

I just don't know about this game, how it will pan out. Both teams have great coaches, so I just don't know...

hounds
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Interesting article by Jeremy Green, although I've heard it all a hundred times.

I just don't know about this game, how it will pan out. Both teams have great coaches, so I just don't know...

I was trending towards a close game earlier this week but now that i've thought about it if gambling were legal I would bet on the Pats to cover 13.5. If the jags had slammed the door shut on the steelers i might think differently, but their D was picked apart in the second half....they will need to score 35 to win and i dont see it happening

Cramerica
01-10-2008, 09:08 AM
I was trending towards a close game earlier this week but now that i've thought about it if gambling were legal I would bet on the Pats to cover 13.5. If the jags had slammed the door shut on the steelers i might think differently, but their D was picked apart in the second half....they will need to score 35 to win and i dont see it happening

Yeah, I feel the Pats will put up somewhere between 35-40 points if not more...that means the Jags are going to have to do a lot of scoring and had better have the last possession of the game if it's close at all.

One More Time
01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
I agree. As much as it pains me to say it, I expect the Pats to beat the Jags.

However, I want the Jags to beat the Pats.

I agree

One More Time
01-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I feel the Pats will put up somewhere between 35-40 points if not more...that means the Jags are going to have to do a lot of scoring and had better have the last possession of the game if it's close at all.

True....but you beat a high powered offense by keeping it on the bench and running the ball. The Jags are the perfect team to beat them......but everything must go right.

hounds
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
True....but you beat a high powered offense by keeping it on the bench and running the ball. The Jags are the perfect team to beat them......but everything must go right.

Exactly. They cant turn the ball over at all, they need Brady to throw at least 1 pick, dominate time of posession, and they cant get in third and long. If all those are accomplished the jags have a chance, if just one isnt they dont.

One More Time
01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Exactly. They cant turn the ball over at all, they need Brady to throw at least 1 pick, dominate time of posession, and they cant get in third and long. If all those are accomplished the jags have a chance, if just one isnt they dont.

Then if they do beat them......they face the almost same team in the Colts in the championship..lol. On a serious note, I think it will be a good game though because they are familiar with this type of team because of being in the same division as the Colts. They gave the Colts a good game the second go round.

Huse
01-10-2008, 01:11 PM
This guy has gone off the deepend trying to find reasons to feel snubbed by the "general public". Direct quote:

does he really believe the crap coming out of his mouth? Come on Rodney, theres a huge difference between "expects" and "wants."

discuss

Dude, there are a LOT of people who are saying the patriots will lose this weekend. If Rodney and the team want to feed off the haters, more power to them.

Nutella!
01-10-2008, 01:17 PM
its the jags. everyone was saying it would be a match up

everyone was also saying they'd go 16-0 then lose in the playoffs right away

Negatron617
01-10-2008, 01:22 PM
who cares
does it really matter
they say it all the time, what matters is what happens on the field
and a lot of people do say that the jags can/will beat the Pats

hounds
01-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Dude, there are a LOT of people who are saying the patriots will lose this weekend. If Rodney and the team want to feed off the haters, more power to them.

its the jags. everyone was saying it would be a match up

everyone was also saying they'd go 16-0 then lose in the playoffs right away

who cares
does it really matter

oh hai pats fans :)

johnny87
01-10-2008, 02:40 PM
He always says that ****. he likes playing with that under dog mentality. complete scumbag tho.

Negatron617
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM

hai Pats hater....long time no hate
please dont say that there are to many Pats threads

hounds
01-10-2008, 02:59 PM

what are you talking about you silly little man? You must have missed the part ten posts ago where I picked the pats to cover the 13.5 point spread....

itsallgood
01-10-2008, 03:29 PM
2 more days...I'm gettin a stiffy!

robogain
01-10-2008, 03:36 PM
who cares
does it really matter

ive always wondered why u always type your post in that format......
start a new line even tho u are on the same train of thought.......
with alot of periods sometimes .......
makes your post
harder to read
jus sayin...
(no homo)

itsallgood
01-10-2008, 03:41 PM
ive always wondered why u always type your post in that format......
start a new line even tho u are on the same train of thought.......
with alot of periods sometimes .......
makes your post
harder to read
jus sayin...
(no homo)

prolly cuz it's bb.com....not english class.......
jus sayin.......

Huse
01-10-2008, 03:45 PM

hai

Negatron617
01-10-2008, 04:18 PM
cuz it gives people who dont have anything better to do a chance to yet again complain about insignificant details that mean absuolutely nothing....i honestly cant see how this is harder to read or more brain power has to be spent to read it
i wanna keep giving you guys something to complain about....im just tryna entertain yall
and you can still hate the pats and have them to cover.....just cuz i hate the yanks doesnt mean im picking them to lose every game

user8073964251
01-11-2008, 10:52 AM
a. because Rodney Harrison is, and always will be, a complete b*tch

b. because answer a. is correct.

-DC-
01-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Who gives a ****? He can say whatever he wants.

Cramerica
01-11-2008, 12:00 PM

And we have the right to give a **** and scrutinize him for it.

robogain
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM

suck it

lulz

JayKid
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
The thing about the Jags and Pats is that the Jags need to do EVERTHING right. If they falter, they will probably lose.

They need to rack up points while controlling possession. This means staying out of 3rd and longs, not turning the ball over at all, possibly forcing Brady to turn the ball over, etc.

Everything needs to work for them. If that happens, they can win. They have the ability to do so, but everything needs to click.

The problem is, the Patriots know what they need to do. If they can stop one of these things, they increase their chances A LOT.

The Pats know the running game must be stopped. If this happens, you force them to pass, so they can't control possessions anymore. You force them into 3rd and longs, again, good opportunity for Pats to get their offense in to score some points.

The Pats come into this game knowing what the Jags need to do. So the Jags not only need to play perfectly, but they need to do it while the Pats try their hardest to stop that.

It's gonna be a tough game for the Jags. They can't give the Pats any opportunities... if anything remotely close happens to them in the second half (like happened against the Steelers), they are finished. They got lucky that Ben was playing a bad game and still almost threw it away. You don't beat the Pats playing like that.