PDA

View Full Version : Advocare

Charger
10-12-2002, 04:49 AM
Anyone else heard of it? If not Advocare is a supp company that turns it's customers into dealers. If you buy into there hype and believe they are the best supps out there they will sell you the right to sell there product and give you a huge discount. Now ofcourse there prices are so inflated that after the discount you are paying closer to reg price.
I am not saying they don't have good products, I really don't know. I can't afford there supps, but here is the thing that really chaps my a$$. It turns your buddy's into pest
I have known 2 guys from my gym now that have bought into this and it's sad to see them try and peddle there supps at the gym.
I went to there site on the net and they have product listings but fail to even list ingredients.
I have tried one of there products called spark and it does work, I was VERY motivated after taking it but I wanted to see what was in it and was unable to do so. I am afraid to ask my friend since I know I will get the whole speech again on how great these supps are and how they changed his life. Anyone else have any info on this company?

Hibiscus09
10-12-2002, 05:30 AM
Me and my husband have been subjected to this pyramid scheme by some friends. They have been totally taken over by Advocare as far as we can tell -- must be some brainwashing involved (ha,ha). Anyway, I don't know what all they're taking but they look unhealthy -- way too lean -- not much muscle. There's also someone at my husband's work they sold the stuff to -- he looks the same way. They're one step away from looking like they've been in a prison camp for a while.

When they first started selling the stuff, they asked me to take the MSN Orange and, later, the MSN Gold. Both made me sick. I was laid out one time in the gym about to faint & then later, very nauseated. I looked up most of what's in the stuff off of one of the bottles. I think there's just too much stuff in them. Way too many vitamins at once for me. Also, they are WAY too expensive.

Anyway, I prefer to take a multivitamin, C, E, calcium, glucosamine & glutamine. If I want a fat burner, I take Phen-free.

Charger
10-12-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Hibiscus09
Me and my husband have been subjected to this pyramid scheme by some friends. They have been totally taken over by Advocare as far as we can tell -- must be some brainwashing involved (ha,ha).

EXACTLY!! I cannot understand how they (Advocare) get people so pump up about there products. This one guy form my gym says it has completely changed his life. All from a supp???

Hibiscus09
10-12-2002, 01:54 PM
I know, I know. I've seen it. I can't figure it out. They acted like something was wrong with me when I didn't think it was the most wonderful thing that had ever happened to me. :)

fitnessman
10-12-2002, 02:14 PM
Nutrition consultation company, I get approached by all kinds of supplement companies wanting me to pawn thier goods on my clients. I wont do it! I make a good living at my regular job and would never sacrafice my reputation to make a couple extra bucks recommending crap.

I do have a supplement list I give clients and tell them to shop around and find the best price.

It is sad to see folks doing this. If a nutritionist wants to sell you his supplements, thats bad. Some guy at the gym even worse!

BePrecise
10-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Do an Advocare search. We have covered these products recently in another post.

Charger
10-13-2002, 06:01 AM
Originally posted by BePrecise
Do an Advocare search. We have covered these products recently in another post.

In the supp section? I don't recall it being covered here but will do, thanks.

Charger
10-13-2002, 06:33 AM
I'll be damned:D What a memory, just like a steel trap, a rusty steel trap with holes.
Check this out http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20891&highlight=Advocare

Hibiscus09
10-13-2002, 07:28 AM
I knew I had asked about it before, but did'nt know you were the one that made the response, Charger. :) We must be getting old.

thefrostborn81
08-14-2013, 08:52 AM
I know, I know. I've seen it. I can't figure it out. They acted like something was wrong with me when I didn't think it was the most wonderful thing that had ever happened to me. :)

I've noticed that a lot with these types of thing. It's almost like they let it take them over to the point that it affects them socially. Best friends before, then you say you aren't interested and BOOM, you can't be part of their club anymore, lol

Marius_Ursus
08-14-2013, 08:55 AM
I've noticed that a lot with these types of thing. It's almost like they let it take them over to the point that it affects them socially. Best friends before, then you say you aren't interested and BOOM, you can't be part of their club anymore, lol

elevenyearoldwtfpointlessbumplol

bigtallox
08-14-2013, 09:21 AM
Anyone else heard of it?

Yes. There was a guy at strongman masters nationals giving out samples. I liked the samples, but...

If you buy into there hype and believe they are the best supps out there they will sell you the right to sell there product and give you a huge discount.

The discount isn't "huge" until you sell a lot of their product.

drudixon
08-14-2013, 10:13 AM
elevenyearoldwtfpointlessbumplol

Not pointless at all.

Now I want to know where Hibiscus09 went :(

tornmuscle123
08-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Another pyramid cult!!!!!

bigtallox
08-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Another pyramid cult!!!!!

Yeah, they're very popular here in Utah. I think the dominate religion in this area (mormonism, of which I'm not a member) has something to do with that.

A small select few make LOTS of money with these. Most people only get their dreams preyed upon.