PDA

View Full Version : NOW super enzymes

Chuckdiesel99
12-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Has anyone ever tried these? Did they help?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/super.html

atticus_a
12-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Has anyone ever tried these? Did they help?
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/super.html

I really like them but I am leary of bile salts just because your body can become so dependent on them. Which doesn't help your gallbladder much which might be why you need them. Beets extract is usually good if that is your problem. I take a combination of beet extract and coated pancreatin instead now.

I generally, (NOw digestive) take my on as need base with foods that have a lot of fat. Generally, not in my normal routine but when I deviate usually I take them.

Chuckdiesel99
12-07-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks!

I certianly dont want my body to become dependant on anything. This was a concern of mine and the main reason for posting this. Where do you get the two items you mention? The reason I want to take this is because of some serious gas I have been having because of my bulking up.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to atticus_a again :D

atticus_a
12-07-2005, 07:56 PM
I would just look for digestive enzymes. I am sure doing a search on the BB site would give you some. I get mine from a company that is pretty costly so I don't know if that is something that would be beneficial for you. I would try those and than also the gallbladder support (beet extract) if those aren't helping. I am sure if the website doesn't have it your local health foods store will. NOW also has a plant digestive enzyme mix that has acid stable compounds to help with digestion. Most digestive enzymes have pancreatin though. You only need the coated if the problem is in a certain part of your small intestine. IT is hard to figure it all out.

Do you know what you have trouble digesting? Because there is different enzymes for all of it, type digestive enzymes and the search engine will direct you to a lot of products.

Generally, digestive enzymes are supports. Pancreatin breaks down all fats, carbs, and protein. Because it has protease (protein), amylase (carb), and lipase (fat).

Papian (protein), Bromelain (protein), Cellulase (fiber), Lactase (milk sugars),
Bile (fat). Betaine HCL (all I think, but not sure; if I recall starts the whole digestive process and is good for getting rid of gas in particular--but I will not swear to this)

Hope this helps.

Chuckdiesel99
12-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Thanks. Ive done a lot of searching on this site for enzymes and I think I need one for protein. Ive read that undigested protein can cause some rank gas. Im not sure about carbs or fat though and im not sure how to test other than cutting out protein all together which I dont want to do.

I think Ill look into the plant enzymes because that sounds the least potentially harmful. i just dont want to be worse off than I am now if I quit taking them when I come off my bulk.

Chuckdiesel99
12-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Bump.

Anyone else have an opinion on the bodies adaptation to enzyme supplimentation? Does it happen?

Thanks.

Power-Quest
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
If you are eating all raw foods, then no enzymes will be necessary at that meal.The capsules should be opened and sprinkled on the food or chewed with the meal. This way, the enzymes can go to work immediately. Incidentally, taking extra enzymes is the third way to neutralize the enzyme inhibitors in unsprouted seeds and nuts.

HDN: Would people benefit from taking enzymes, even if they have no problem with digestion or if they eat mainly raw foods?

HOWELL: They probably would benefit. Our bodies use up enzymes in so many

ways that it pays to maintain your enzyme bank, regardless of what you eat.

For example, enzymes are used up faster during certain illnesses, during extremely hot or cold weather, and during strenuous exercise.

Also, keep in mind that any enzymes that are taken are not wasted since they add to the enzyme pool of your body.

Furthermore, as we pass our prime, the amount of enzymes in our bodies and excreted in our sweat and urine continues to decline until we die. In fact, low enzyme levels are associated with old age and chronic disease.

So far, there's not much hard evidence on whether taking additional enzymes will extend the lifespan. However, we do know that laboratory rats that eat raw foods will live about 3 years. Rats that eat enzymeless chow diets will live only 2 years. Thus, we see that diets deficient in enzymes cause a 30% reduction in lifespan.

If this held true for human beings, it may mean that people could extend their lifespans by 20 or more years -- just by maintaining proper enzyme levels.

http://www.living-foods.com/articles/enzymes.html

Chuckdiesel99
12-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the great article.

I think im going to try http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/plant.html instead of the "super enzyme" product they make.

xenithon
12-08-2005, 11:30 PM
Great links and info. I am also looking into digestive enzymes. I need to find something available locally (in South Africa) and after some searching I came across this product, wondering what you thought about it:

Enzyme Boost: Per 50mg Capsule

Natural protease 6,000 U/g
Amylolitic (1:2,000) 24,000 U/g
Lipase 1,000 U/g
Cellulase 200 U/g
Lactase 4,000 U/g

Cheers,
X

Power-Quest
12-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Also eat lots of Papaya , prepare it , cut it up bite size , tuppaware it and eat it everyday.

Or atleast thats what Nasser does in his video , says he eats them for the digestive enzymes papaya contains.