PDA

View Full Version : Jags vs Steelers Discussion - Who will win and why?

KingCanuck
01-04-2008, 01:15 PM
State who will win and explain you're reasoning... I want to see some intelligent discussion with good reasoning..

I think Jags will win this because the conditions are going to be wet and this helps the Jags with their two headed rushing monster attack... This hurts the Steelers even more since Willie Parker is out for the season. IMO I don't think Davenport is an every down type of back yet.

LVI
01-04-2008, 01:16 PM
State who will win and explain you're reasoning... I want to see some intelligent discussion with good reasoning..

I think Jags will win this because the conditions are going to be wet and this helps the Jags with their two headed rushing monster attack... This hurts the Steelers even more since Willie Parker is out for the season. IMO I don't think Davenport is an every down type of back yet.

X2. Basically i agree and too lazy to retype the same ****.

-bt11
01-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Jags were the only team to beat Pits at home this year. Pit lost their star player, Parker, The Jags D is better, their RB'S are better and Their QB had a better season than Ben. Jags will repeat win.

Greg1983
01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
My brain is telling me the Jags should win (basically for the reason you posted) and that it should be a repeat of a few weeks ago. But I just have this gut feeling that the Steelers will win due to playoff experience and the fact that I don't think they'll lose twice at home to the same team.

KingCanuck
01-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Also the Steelers D has been horrible at tackling the last couple of weeks, that could play a big factor in the conditions and style that Jags play with.

Kovalchuk
01-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Jags.

Reason = Momentum

KingCanuck
01-04-2008, 01:34 PM
If you like the Steelers (throw out the season finale when backups played) ...

1. Pittsburgh has the No. 1 defense in the NFL, giving up just 262 yards per game.
2. Roethlisberger has thrown 32 TD passes this year.
3. Hines Ward is tied for fifth in the NFL in clutch catches (a third- or fourth-down reception for a first down or TD).
4. Roethlisberger is the leading 'clutch' passer converting 70 of 133 passes on third- or fourth-down passes.
5. The Steelers defense leads the NFL with the fewest broken tackles.
6. The Steelers are 7-1 at home with an average score of 25-12.
7. Pittsburgh has the No. 3 rushing offense and defense.
8. Roethlisberger only throws an interception once every 37 attempts.
9. Pittsburgh has five players headed to the Pro Bowl, the Jags have only one.
10. Pittsburgh has not allowed a TD off a turnover in six games.
If you like the Jaguars (throw out the season finale when backups played) ...

1. The Jags have gained over 400 yards a game and scored an average of 35 points in the last five games.
2. The Jags beat the Steelers 29-22 two weeks ago in Pittsburgh.
3. Fred Taylor has averaged 111 rushing yards in the last five games.
4. The Jags' defense has 11 interceptions in their last seven games.
5. David Garrard only throws an interception once every 108 passes.
6. The last time Jacksonville played Pittsburgh Willie Parker had 109 yards; he is out with an injury.
7. The Jags sacked Roethlisberger five times in Week 15.
8. The Jags' defense is giving up just 16 points a game in the last five games.
9. The Jags have converted 51 percent of their third downs in the last three games .
10. The last time they met Marcus Stroud, Mike Peterson and Reggie Haywood did not play.

heidt410
01-04-2008, 02:09 PM
Going to be raining all night...run game is obviously going to be huge. I think Jags run game is better than Steelers. Steelers D as of late has been playing out of position trying to make a big play doing too much. MJD or FT will make them pay. Steelers Oline has not been playing well on pass protection.

Jags 27- Stillars 17

Edit: saw a show on NFL network on how the Jags dominated the line last game due to bad mistakes by the Steelers...they only won by 6 and I dont think the Steelers D will play that bad again.

Changing my pick to Steelers. 34-27

jcilla26
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
Jaguars. Steelers are hurt and run down, with there stud running back OUT. On the other hand, the Jaguars are ON FIRE. Fred Taylor is going to run all over this beat up Steelers D. I can't think of any reason to pick the Steelers, especially where the spread is now.

BigPoppaPump84
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Jags are the hottest team in the playoffs right now. Only way Steelers win is with the help of the guys in the black and white stripes.

BillabongVolcom
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
If Jaguars beat Steelers, I believe Jaguars have "the" best chance at beating the Patriots. If the weather is bad in NE which hurts NE's passing game, I believe Jaguars will have a good chance at winning because their running game is phenomenal.

But, if the weather is fine and NE can pass the ball to all 5 of their recievers, then that's a different story.

*Note. I did not say Jaguars will beat the Patriots, I said they have "the" best chance out of the other teams in the playoffs I believe.

BTLegend07
01-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Jags baby... my whole city is praying!!

Callaar21
01-04-2008, 09:53 PM
I gotta say Pitt , can't rule them out , a few years ago they won the superbowl from a wild card seed.

Davenport isn't Parker but he's still good. I think steelers can do it.

Procta
01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Jags will win

reason:

been there, done that

PieceAMind
01-05-2008, 11:11 AM
My brain is telling me the Jags should win (basically for the reason you posted) and that it should be a repeat of a few weeks ago. But I just have this gut feeling that the Steelers will win due to playoff experience and the fact that I don't think they'll lose twice at home to the same team.

x10000000