PDA

View Full Version : why are people scared of intelligence?

BigMass
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Ron Paul is a doctor and and astute economist. He gets criticized the most because he talks about the issues. Huckabee and Romney are buffoons on the scale of GWB. In a real debate (not set a set up interview) they would be schooled by Ron Paul on almost every issue domestic and foreign. Even if you do not agree with Ron Paul on his issues, he bases his policy on information the other candidates don?t even read about. Can Huckabee even read or find Iraq on a map? Does Romney know anything about the history of the middle east or even 1/100 of what Ron Paul knows about economics? I dont know why the American people are drawn to bumbling idiots and are scared by people who actually have an IQ over 100.

Melkor
01-03-2008, 10:53 AM
Ron Paul is a doctor and and astute economist. He gets criticized the most because he talks about the issues. Huckabee and Romney are buffoons on the scale of GWB. In a real debate (not set a set up interview) they would be schooled by Ron Paul on almost every issue domestic and foreign. Even if you do not agree with Ron Paul on his issues, he bases his policy on information the other candidates don?t even read about. Can Huckabee even read or find Iraq on a map? Does Romney know anything about the history of the middle east or even 1/100 of what Ron Paul knows about economics? I dont know why the American people are drawn to bumbling idiots and are scared by people who actually have an IQ over 100.

Americans are stupid in general, and that means they are drawn to stupid candidates. It's not just Americans, either.

Mitt is intelligent, but not in nearly the same way that RP is. He doesn't understand economics and history the way RP does imo. I think that RP is really the only one that has a strong grasp of economics in the race.

BigMass
01-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Americans are stupid in general, and that means they are drawn to stupid candidates. It's not just Americans, either.

Mitt is intelligent, but not in nearly the same way that RP is. He doesn't understand economics and history the way RP does imo. I think that RP is really the only one that has a strong grasp of economics in the race.

Problem with guys like Mitt and Huck is, that their ignorance will alow them to be dominated by the neo-cons in the white house who will really run the show they way they do know with Bush. Mitt and Huck will be just another Bush that takes marching orders from the real rulers of our country. Why do people want that?

Melkor
01-03-2008, 10:58 AM
That may be true of Huck, but I think that Mitt has been in positions that require a lot of strength before. He may not be as susceptible as others imo. I would actually vote for Mitt if RP doesn't get the nod.

boast
01-03-2008, 11:02 AM
i thought Ron Paul got schooled on Meet The Press?

(jk, lol)

grup910
01-03-2008, 11:04 AM
you're just picking and choosing what to call "intelligence" based on your pre-existing bias. Barack Obama could very well be the most intelligent person in the race. I heard anecdotally on C-SPAN that one of his Harvard Law professors called him the most intelligent man he'd ever met. Hillary is very intelligent, Biden is intelligent -- there's lots of intelligence in the race.

ron paul is actually not so intelligent in the larger scheme of things, because he fails to understand the damaging effects his economic ideas (or, the economic ideas of others that he's adopted) would have on our society. that makes him not too bright in my estimation, despite all his theories and "book learning."

Idontakefishoil
01-03-2008, 11:15 AM

(jk, lol)

you thought wrong.

Specify accusations. Although I already know what they are.

The famous "contradiction" that wasn't...

edit: Didn't see jk. I'm an idiot

Idontakefishoil
01-03-2008, 11:16 AM
you're just picking and choosing what to call "intelligence" based on your pre-existing bias. Barack Obama could very well be the most intelligent person in the race. I heard anecdotally on C-SPAN that one of his Harvard Law professors called him the most intelligent man he'd ever met. Hillary is very intelligent, Biden is intelligent -- there's lots of intelligence in the race.

ron paul is actually not so intelligent in the larger scheme of things, because he fails to understand the damaging effects his economic ideas (or, the economic ideas of others that he's adopted) would have on our society. that makes him not too bright in my estimation, despite all his theories and "book learning."

stop with the intelligence stuff. My field of study has been trying to quantify what intelligence even IS for decades. No dice yet.

Ibanez
01-03-2008, 11:18 AM
Ron Paul is a doctor and and astute economist.
LOL. Astute economist? Libertarian economist Milton Friedman was against the Gold Standard calling it undesirable and not feasible. If you follow austrian economics then Paul is your savior along with Ludwig Von Mises, too bad they are both cranks.

grup910
01-03-2008, 11:21 AM
stop with the intelligence stuff. My field of study has been trying to quantify what intelligence even IS for decades. No dice yet.

maybe you should re-read my first sentence, or check to see who started the thread before telling me to stop with the intelligence stuff. :rolleyes:

YUL
01-03-2008, 11:37 AM

(jk, lol)

yes, I sea what you did