PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Aminos (ZMA, BCCA, Glutamine) creatine, NO, CellMass..

Villijs
01-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Hi everybody! :)
I`m 18 and i have been lifting for about 2 years now...
This is my very first post to this forum, but i have been reading it for a while now... i still can`t get answers to some of my questions...

I`m starting a strength program for about 3 months, after two weeks, to gain maximum mass and strength as possible till the 1st of may... :)
Thing is this - i cannot afford all, so i need to choose what is the best for me...
I was thinking about supplements i would need to get and they would be - Whey protein (for breakfast, and post-workout - ON 100% whey for sure), Some sort of aminos ( still don`t get which is more important, ZMA, Glutamine, BCCA, or maybe full amino like Amino 1900 from Universal Nutrition ), and the most confused i was when i got to creatine products... there are so much of them out there, i cannot choose the right one... I got confused between BSN NO Xplode, Cellmass, and nitrix... since they all has creatine in them... + they have this (if i can call it like that) Pump-thing :D...

Is the pure creatine products the same as these BSN products!? Or the BSN is some sort of next generation creatine!? I read "Best Overall Nitric Oxide (NO) Product?" http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=409014 Thread, and still don`t know what to do... Buy one of them or just standart Creatine monohydrate!?

Another question is if i choose BSN NO Xplode... i usually have my workout at 5:00 PM, so as i know there is caffeine and other stuff in it, can it affect my sleep (at about 10:30 PM)...!?

Big thanks in advance for all you guys out there, hope that someone will have time to write answers to my, pretty dumb questions... :)

haiz69
01-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Well, I'll just say to stick with the basics. If you haven't used any before, it should be plenty:

Creatine Monohydrate (Cheap)
Whey Protein
Fish Oil + Multi (Doesn't have to be fancy)

If you want some pre-workout energy/pump, look into: White Flood, SteelEdge or NO Limits (non-stim).

That should be plenty. Don't bother with glutamine/ZMA. Bcaa's are good, but I don't think they are necessary if bulking.

amfc88
01-03-2008, 09:33 AM
if u want to throw in some aminos then look into controlled labs.. Purple wraath is one of the best amino supplements out there.. im on it now and absolutely love it. Just make sure ur eating.. ALOT. Thats what people neglect most.. they think that all the creatine and no2 is gonna get them big when really its just what u eat man and the creatine is just a little side item lol. Eat man.. thats all i can say.. is EATT!!

Villijs
01-03-2008, 09:54 AM
Hey guys... thanks for replying... :)

if u want to throw in some aminos then look into controlled labs.. Purple wraath is one of the best amino supplements out there.. im on it now and absolutely love it. Just make sure ur eating.. ALOT. Thats what people neglect most.. they think that all the creatine and no2 is gonna get them big when really its just what u eat man and the creatine is just a little side item lol. Eat man.. thats all i can say.. is EATT!!

There is no problem with eating - i eat 7 times a day, healty carbs, fats, and lots of protein... :)
Are you sure that these aminos are best for bulking/strength phase!? There`s no doubt about your experiance, i`m sure that it is much more bigger than mine... i`m just worried that it sounds more like cutting supplement...

Well, I'll just say to stick with the basics. If you haven't used any before, it should be plenty:

Creatine Monohydrate (Cheap)
Whey Protein
Fish Oil + Multi (Doesn't have to be fancy)

If you want some pre-workout energy/pump, look into: White Flood, SteelEdge or NO Limits (non-stim).

That should be plenty. Don't bother with glutamine/ZMA. Bcaa's are good, but I don't think they are necessary if bulking.

I have used Universal nutrition Creatine and whey protein, but i didn`t get any results from them, (especially after whey protein, i felt like i have just drank a glass of water, instead of protein shake, and still felt veeeery hungry) and as far as i know from trainers and people releated to this sport, that supplement shops in my country mostly sell some sort of fake ones... So mostly people buy their supplements in BB.Com or some of the European countries...

So at the moment i want to get the best that is out there... :) So you say that it isn`t worth to spend money on BSN NOxplode and other stuff!?

nni
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
keep it simple if you are new to supplements.
glutamine is a waste, zma is good for sleep only, and bcaa's or eaa's should be taken in powder form, not pills.

here is my ideal cheap regimine:

preworkout:
eaa powder + creatine monohydrate + carbs

postworkout:
whey protein + creatine monohydrate + carbs

this is great for muscle growth, the carbs could be gatorade powder.

no-xplode is caffeine and NO precursors, great for energy and a pump, but does nothing for muscle growth.

Villijs
01-03-2008, 10:15 AM
keep it simple if you are new to supplements.
glutamine is a waste, zma is good for sleep only, and bcaa's or eaa's should be taken in powder form, not pills.

here is my ideal cheap regimine:

preworkout:
eaa powder + creatine monohydrate + carbs

postworkout:
whey protein + creatine monohydrate + carbs

this is great for muscle growth, the carbs could be gatorade powder.

no-xplode is caffeine and NO precursors, great for energy and a pump, but does nothing for muscle growth.

if it gives just pump, then whats the point of that!? :D

nni
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
if it gives just pump, then whats the point of that!? :D

pumps arent the end all be all of lifting, they serve their purpose, but you can live without it.

BrandonLee
01-03-2008, 10:56 AM
pumps arent the end all be all of lifting, they serve their purpose, but you can live without it.

the pump is indirect
with more blood flow to the muscles (the pump) more nutrients can be delivered to your muscles making the other supplements more effective

bartjeistof
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Well because of the arginine in it (NO in your body) and the stimulants (caffeine mainly) you'll be able to train much harder and heavier..
It's not just mental..

nni
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
the pump is indirect
with more blood flow to the muscles (the pump) more nutrients can be delivered to your muscles making the other supplements more effective

yes, but when creating a simple stack, this can be left out. i would much rather have a stack that optimizes muscle growth and recovery laid out first. what is the point of optimizing nutrient flow if you are missing most of the important nutrients?

haiz69
01-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I like the pump and do like pump products, but by no means are they necessary.

Creatine + Aminos + Carbs will be better for growth and strength.