PDA

View Full Version : Eating after workouts?

letsgetripped
10-10-2002, 10:56 AM
My name is Tamara and I have been training with weights for about 2 weeks! I attend a local gym where I take a class called "Body Pump". It lasts for 1 hour. I usually work out in the morning before I go to work. I was wondering if anyone could advise me of what to eat after I workout , so the fat burning proccess doesn't stop!

IronMan 18
10-10-2002, 11:52 AM
I would say this:
If your goal is fat loss, don't eat carbs before working out, just some protein rich food like fish or a shake or something like that.
If you're working out first thing in the morning, do it on an empty stomache!!! That way your body burns fat directly because it has no other energy sources like carbs.

When you're done working out you should eat some simple carbs like bananas,grapes or a Gatorade mix. Some protein wouldn't be bad!!!

Good Luck!!!

letsgetripped
10-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info! I use Myoplex Low Carb shakes alot! But i usually have them as a snack in the afternoon or for lunch! I never thought about having one after I worked out! I will try that. Thanks

scotty2
10-10-2002, 11:07 PM
Are weights involved with your workout?

sfetaz
10-10-2002, 11:45 PM
If your goal is to lose fat, and you are doing aerobics classes, you have a good chance of burning muscle. Aerobics classes are excessive in most cases, with boxing being an exception. If the class is not aerobic in nature, but more involving intense weight training, than its fine.

Post workout you should have sugary carbs and whey protein, regardless of workout. Gatorade, dextrose, koolaid, etc. No fat of any kind post workout.

scotty2
10-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by sfetaz
If your goal is to lose fat, and you are doing aerobics classes, you have a good chance of burning muscle. Aerobics classes are excessive in most cases, with boxing being an exception. If the class is not aerobic in nature, but more involving intense weight training, than its fine.

Post workout you should have sugary carbs and whey protein, regardless of workout. Gatorade, dextrose, koolaid, etc. No fat of any kind post workout.
Sfetaz returns!

letsgetripped
10-13-2002, 07:22 PM
My goal is to burn fat and build muscle! The class is strickly weight training at intervals!