PDA

View Full Version : any suggestions?

erose
01-02-2008, 08:27 PM
i started working out in November after i had my baby, then i fell of the wagon and found every excuse in the world to eat at mcdonalds, and inhale ben and jerry's ice cream. Im not fat, but i could lose a few and i feel i would be much healthier, plus my main goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. I just starting working out about a week ago and haven't eaten junk food since then, just whole grains, veggies, lean meat. Today i fell of again!!!!! I came home from work and had this overwhelming urge to eat my bf's entire box of ice creams sandwiches, but i only ate 4. It was 10 when i got home, and i hadnt ate since 6:30, i've been cutting myself off at 6:30pm and not eating until 8:00am the next morning. By doing that i lost 4 pounds this week. Im sure i will gain it back now, but anyway my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on how long i should wait to eat, and how to fight my urges to just pig out???

consciouschef
01-02-2008, 08:29 PM
how to fight my urges to just pig out???

Look in the mirror (worked for me).

cyde
01-02-2008, 10:51 PM
i started working out in November after i had my baby, then i fell of the wagon and found every excuse in the world to eat at mcdonalds, and inhale ben and jerry's ice cream. Im not fat, but i could lose a few and i feel i would be much healthier, plus my main goal is to lose fat and gain muscle. I just starting working out about a week ago and haven't eaten junk food since then, just whole grains, veggies, lean meat. Today i fell of again!!!!! I came home from work and had this overwhelming urge to eat my bf's entire box of ice creams sandwiches, but i only ate 4. It was 10 when i got home, and i hadnt ate since 6:30, i've been cutting myself off at 6:30pm and not eating until 8:00am the next morning. By doing that i lost 4 pounds this week. Im sure i will gain it back now, but anyway my question is, does anyone have any suggestions on how long i should wait to eat, and how to fight my urges to just pig out???

It's best not to deprive (starve) yourself of food after a cheat. Continue eating clean meals at regular intervals. It probably wouldn't hurt to fit in a smaller meal somewhere around 9pm to keep those hunger pains down. Purge will ultimately lead to more binges. Eat when you are hungry, and keep your food choices sensible.

joeflex73
01-02-2008, 11:10 PM
The pic thing works. Have your bf take a pic of you and you can put a few around the house/keep one with you and look at it when ever you have the urge.

You can try and get yourself in the habit of eating smaller meals, 5-7 a day. Sure it feels like your eating all day but your never hungry. You dont have to cut yourself off at a certain time, you just dont want to be eating calorie dense foods before bed. Every 3 hours or so a small/medium sized meal works. Besides eating 3 large meals isnt good on your body, and makes it harder to absorb nutrients.