PDA

View Full Version : good snack Food!

eddiegoodfellar
10-09-2002, 04:04 PM
ok i'm cutting; but as a human i like to eat.
Pleases list food i can binge on without screwing up my diet.
List food that is filling and very low in calories
some foods i can think of are
celery
watermelon

Please Help.
List all the foods you can think of

camote2288
10-09-2002, 07:18 PM
Sugar Free Fat Free JELL-O........cheap, and you can eat lots of it!!!!!!!!!

fitforlife
10-10-2002, 05:03 AM
Big bump on the sugar free jello. I go through 4 small boxes a week. You might also want to try foods high is fiber like brocoli. Fiber can really fill you up and brocoli is low on the gi index. I eat it plain sometimes. But I just happen to like brocoli. Also, try some dill pickles. They are very low in calories. Make a great snack. Also, a diet soda can really fill you up. But don't drink to much of it. Those artificieal sweetners can cause insulin spikes in some people. I use diet sodas in an emergency when I get the urge to pig out. Hope this helps.

Tim
10-10-2002, 05:14 AM
Salads work great when cutting. Put pieces of grilled chicken in the salad for added protein and don't use fatty dressings. Spinach is also great when cutting. Fat free cottage cheese is also a good choice. It isn't calorie dense, it's low in carbs, and it provides you with quality protein. Mix in some vanilla whey powder to make it taste better.

Postwood
10-10-2002, 07:55 AM
I drink Diet Mountain Dew Code Red like it's going out of style. Which it might be.

All my real snacks are actually mini-meals.

institutional
10-10-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by fitforlife
Big bump on the sugar free jello. I go through 4 small boxes a week. You might also want to try foods high is fiber like brocoli. Fiber can really fill you up and brocoli is low on the gi index. I eat it plain sometimes. But I just happen to like brocoli. Also, try some dill pickles. They are very low in calories. Make a great snack. Also, a diet soda can really fill you up. But don't drink to much of it. Those artificieal sweetners can cause insulin spikes in some people. I use diet sodas in an emergency when I get the urge to pig out. Hope this helps.

has it been proven anywhere that diet sodas can cause insulin spikes? bcuz if they do, i want to know, i drink at least 2 diet cokes a day. thanks

Anxed
10-10-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by institutional
has it been proven anywhere that diet sodas can cause insulin spikes? bcuz if they do, i want to know, i drink at least 2 diet cokes a day. thanks

I think the consensus is that it does in some people and not in others...

Luke530
10-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by institutional

I drink a ****load... so what... you cannot get fatter if it has no calories... and if you did not eat anything a drink a few diet sodas... if you don't feel hypoglycemic, then it did not cause an insulin spike... if it's safe for diabetics... it's safe to say, there will be no insulin release.

eddiegoodfellar
10-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Any others you guys can think of?

eddiegoodfellar
10-10-2002, 04:00 PM
what about plain bran muffins?
What is the calorie breakdown of em.
Any low cal Recipes for em?
help me out i love em!

Luke530
10-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by eddiegoodfellar
Any others you guys can think of?

use water to fill ya up... or veggies... that's about it for low-calorie :D

scotty2
10-10-2002, 11:10 PM
In a pinch, try some beef jerky and a bag of unsalted nuts. The jerky's a little salty, but, like I said, in a pinch. Just drink a whole lotta water.

sfetaz
10-10-2002, 11:42 PM
I have drinken 2 liter bottles of diet soda on keto, and my keto stix throughout the week show higher levels of ketones each day, so at least in my case no problem with diet soda.