PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Building Diet???

mountainboy
11-30-2005, 08:38 AM
OK so I talked to a guy at my gym about starting a bulk up diet and he started me on this eating plan-
7am cream of wheat w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter
2 slices whole wheat toast
4 pieces turkey bacon
4 hard boiled egg whites

10:30am 8 oz vanilla yogurt w/ fresh strawberries

12pm 8 oz chicken breast
fresh veggies (broccolli, cauliflower, carrotts)

3pm peanut butter & grape jelly sandwich on 2 slices of wheat bread

5:30pm spinach salad w/ olives, carrotts, broccolli, bell pepper

I work out 3 days a week, and after my workout at about 8:30pm i'll come home and eat another spinach salad with 6 oz tuna
I cant really afford any supplements right now, so i'm trying to bulk up with only my diet- is there any changes i should make? eat more, eat different foods? I've been on this diet for 3 weeks now and i've gone from 175lbs to 180lbs, but havent had any strength gains.

muirsy88
11-30-2005, 08:41 AM
OK so I talked to a guy at my gym about starting a bulk up diet and he started me on this eating plan-
7am cream of wheat w/ 1 tbsp peanut butter
2 slices whole wheat toast
4 pieces turkey bacon
4 hard boiled egg whites

10:30am 8 oz vanilla yogurt w/ fresh strawberries

12pm 8 oz chicken breast
fresh veggies (broccolli, cauliflower, carrotts)

3pm peanut butter & grape jelly sandwich on 2 slices of wheat bread

5:30pm spinach salad w/ olives, carrotts, broccolli, bell pepper

I work out 3 days a week, and after my workout at about 8:30pm i'll come home and eat another spinach salad with 6 oz tuna
I cant really afford any supplements right now, so i'm trying to bulk up with only my diet- is there any changes i should make? eat more, eat different foods? I've been on this diet for 3 weeks now and i've gone from 175lbs to 180lbs, but havent had any strength gains.

You need to eat more carbs man. Especially after your waorkout. Add some more protein pwo as well and maybe have some cottage chees before you go to bed

PopeGregorius
11-30-2005, 08:50 AM
You need to eat more carbs man.
He did list carrot, grape jelly, bread. I'd add an apple. Substituting potato for carrot occasionally is a possibility.

Have a look at your total calories. You probably want to go in the 3500-4000 range when bulking.

muirsy88
11-30-2005, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=GregT]He did list carrot, grape jelly, bread. I'd add an apple. Substituting potato for carrot occasionally is a possibility.
QUOTE]

I meant grainy carbs like whole wheat bread, pasta and wild rice. Even some legumes would be good. Grape jelly and carrots arent really the greatest things in the world from a nutrient standpoint. Fibrous, green veggies like brocholli, grean beans and spinach are much better.

Oats are also a bulkers best friends

muirsy88
11-30-2005, 08:57 AM
[QUOTE=GregT]He did list carrot, grape jelly, bread. I'd add an apple. Substituting potato for carrot occasionally is a possibility.
QUOTE]

I meant grainy carbs like whole wheat bread, pasta and wild rice. Even some legumes would be good. Grape jelly and carrots arent really the greatest things in the world from a nutrient standpoint. Fibrous, green veggies like brocholli, grean beans and spinach are much better.

Oats are also a bulkers best friend

homer77
11-30-2005, 09:11 AM
you need alot more of everything.
forget PB and that fattening crap.
oats
eggs
chick
whole grain cereals
tuna
steak
rice
potatoes
powders
eat 6-7 meals a day and eat till your full each time.
by the end of the day your gut should be all distented and what not.
trust me
eat clean and eat alot!