PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

hockey999
11-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Hey, i just bought some protein bars and was wondering when was the best time to eat them. Before or after workout? or anytime in the day? or does it really matter when to eat them

muirsy88
11-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey, i just bought some protein bars and was wondering when was the best time to eat them. Before or after workout? or anytime in the day? or does it really matter when to eat them

I hate to tell you man but you wated your money. They are really only good to bail you out if you have no access to real food. More of a last resort kinda thing. Store bought bars are basically candy bars with extra protein. It's better to make your own.

DMBsAmricanBaby
11-29-2005, 06:23 PM
I don't think he wasted his money, he could use them before a workout for added energy

muirsy88
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't think he wasted his money, he could use them before a workout for added energy

Protein bars (non-home made) are FAR from optimal pre or post workout. Like I said...they are good for a last resort.

chaka
11-29-2005, 06:24 PM
he'd be better off making his own and using store bought ones for when he's really struggling for food... that's what i do :)