kneedragger519
01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
My stats are as follows...

6"2
172lbs
24 years old
5 day split
Goal of 185 maybe 190 by summer

I've always been the skinny guy with a crazy metabolism but i started working out around January of last year when i was in Iraq. I normally hovered around low 160's as far as weight is concerned. When i got back i was 175lbs, the most ive ever been and needless to say i was hooked. However, when i got back i didnt work out consistantly for several months, was traveling all over the place and i wasnt eating right(3 strikes your out?). I just got back in the gym this past October and when i got back to the gym and weighed in i was 165. Dissapointing to say the least. I've been slacking on my diet for longer than i care to mention. It worked before because i was almost under weight(maybe even under). I'm finally up to more respectable 172(around 7% BF) and now the gains seemed to taper off so i figured its time to get off my lazy ass and construct a good diet to go along with my routine. This is what i have so far...

0730 - Shake (2 cups milk, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 cups oats) + banana

* I'm never very hungry in the morning and i find i can down a shake no problem so thats why i put this first

0930 - 1 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch, 1 cup Milk, 2tablespoons pb on whole wheat toast

1130 - 6-8oz chicken breast, 1cup whole grain brown rice, broccolli

1330 - 5 Egg whites

1530 - Turkey sandwich on whole wheat, banana

1730 - pre gym shake - 1cup milk, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 cup oats

2030 - post gym shake - 2 cup milk, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 cup oats

2130 - 4oz tuna, light miracle whip, 2 slices whole grain bread, whole grain brown rice

2230 - shake - 1 cup milk, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats

Whatcha think? good? bad? horrible? About the 1330 "meal"... i know i wont be that hungry after lunch and i normally have to run around for work, so thats why i added some egg whites there as they will be easy to eat on the go.

Obviously this is just the foundation of my diet. Sometimes ill sub in some Yams, red meat or other fruits and veggies for variety but i want to keep most of whats here as my daily diet.

I feel like i might be taking on too many calories with this diet though. I was trying to hit around 3500/day but this puts me at 4500/day. I added everything up using fitday.com and it came out to...

4535 cals, 590 carbs, 337 prot, 93 fat

a 50/31/19 split :/

Also the only Supps im taking currently are

GNC Multi
Size on
ON Whey

I want to see how far i can go with a good diet before i start adding expensive supps.

Any and all help is much appreciated, thanks.

daltrey
01-01-2008, 02:46 PM
That looks almost exactly like my diet and I've managaed to put on weight with it. You should be healthily adding a few pounds each month on that diet.

When I first started out to gain weight I wrote a sample diet on paper but I wasn't gaining the weight that I wanted. So I decided to write down everything I was actually eating every day and I started noticing that I wasn't eating as much as I thought.

This may sound dumb but write down everything you eat for the entire week and then at the end of the week look at it and see how much you actually ate. It helped me to stop missing meals and get serious about gaining weight.

If you are actually eating that much and not gaining then you will just have to keep upping your calories by 500 each week and really work out to your fullest potential at the gym. You do that and eventually you will put on the weight. I'm aiming for 200 lbs by summer myself. Good Luck

kneedragger519
01-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Yeah i started writing everything down a yesterday. Not only do i find it helps me to hit my daily goal but it reminds me to eat. Sometimes i will be busy or something and itll slip my mind. Now that i got my trust book i'm never missing meals. I know its soon but so far so good... before i know it it'll be a habit and i wont have to worry about it.

thanks and good luck to you too