PDA

View Full Version : How Does This Sound For Breakfast?

GJWrestle878
11-23-2005, 06:43 AM
I am currently bulking at 2600 calories. I am 5'8 109lbs. In a week and a half I will up it to 2800 calories. Here was my breakfast for today

3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. cheesecake pudding mix(for the oats, oh yeah :))
handful of prunes
Cup of Grapes
1 cup of tea
1 Multi Vitamin
1 cup water

totals: 575 calories
90 Carbs
32 Protein
4 Fat

muirsy88
11-23-2005, 06:48 AM
I am currently bulking at 2600 calories. I am 5'8 109lbs. In a week and a half I will up it to 2800 calories. Here was my breakfast for today

3/4 cup oats
3/4 cup egg whites
1 tbsp. cheesecake pudding mix(for the oats, oh yeah :))
handful of prunes
Cup of Grapes
1 cup of tea
1 Multi Vitamin
1 cup water

totals: 575 calories
90 Carbs
32 Protein
4 Fat

@ 5'8, 109 I think you need more of everything there. I'd go with at least a cup of oats, around 40-50 grams of protein and 10 grams of fat. Eat big at breakfast man, especially for someone like yourself who is trying to bulk (you probably dont have to worry about putting on too much fat for a while)

PureMotivation
11-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Yes I agree with muirsy I would change it to a cup of oats. 3/4 cup of egg whites isn't enough protein so either up that or you could put some protein powder on your oats.

GJWrestle878
11-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Yes I agree with muirsy I would change it to a cup of oats. 3/4 cup of egg whites isn't enough protein so either up that or you could put some protein powder on your oats.

But I am getting 32 grams of protein. And many people agree that the body cant absorb more than 30 at one time, and with my low body weight(which others also think is a factor of protein absorbtion) I believe 32 grams is enough. Why waste the eggs?

muirsy88
11-23-2005, 08:44 AM
But I am getting 32 grams of protein. And many people agree that the body cant absorb more than 30 at one time, and with my low body weight(which others also think is a factor of protein absorbtion) I believe 32 grams is enough. Why waste the eggs?

I dont believe this 'rule' applies to breakfast. Your body has been without protein for 8 hours. Many people have some whey so it gets absorbed faster, as well as some egg whites. Bottom line, breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. That means more of everything at breakfast, including protein.

GJWrestle878
11-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I dont believe this 'rule' applies to breakfast. Your body has been without protein for 8 hours. Many people have some whey so it gets absorbed faster, as well as some egg whites. Bottom line, breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day. That means more of everything at breakfast, including protein.

I think I need more fat here at breakfast and I see what you are saying about the protein. Adivce for fats?

muirsy88
11-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I think I need more fat here at breakfast and I see what you are saying about the protein. Adivce for fats?

Have a few egg yolks with your whites. They wont hurt you if you're trying to bulk. I have one every morning and it does me just fine. You could also use olive oil to cook your egg whites or have some nuts as well.

GJWrestle878
11-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Have a few egg yolks with your whites. They wont hurt you if you're trying to bulk. I have one every morning and it does me just fine. You could also use olive oil to cook your egg whites or have some nuts as well.

thanks for the advice man, will rep

PureMotivation
11-23-2005, 12:46 PM
GJ, I didn't realize you were getting 32grams of protein, I thought it would be less. But anyways Like muirsy said adding an egg yolk or two is a good idea