PDA

View Full Version : A Thing that annoys me about all aspects of politics

bodybuildin4lyf
12-29-2007, 11:50 AM
just venting a little here.

The thing that annoys me is how people can never realise they have made a misjudgment in regards to a certain idea or belief they have.

i have never once seen one of two people on here who are arguing that has lost an arguement, lose respectfully and say "yes, wow, you have opened up my eyes, i cant believe i thought that"

oh yes, it happens all the time inside their heads, they realise that they are in they were wrong but wont say that they are.

why is this? why do people who know they are in the wrong still stand by how they think, its kind of a battle between both sides of the brain.

i am the type who welcomes all different views & will change my views providing i hear good infomation from reliable sources, but this rarley happens both here, or in government politics. people will not budge to anything.

i know this is how its been since politics began and will probably never change, infact im certain it will never change, but like i say im just venting, i wish people could just share idea's and not be afraid to admit they were in the wrong.

thought_crime
12-29-2007, 11:54 AM
don't know what to say except... true.

Beatitude
12-29-2007, 12:01 PM
That's not entirely true. Back in February 2007 I probably would have been a Huckabee man, this forum helped shift me more extreme in the right wing and more libertarian.

Except there wasn't a whole lot of debate involved in it. I mostly just watched Ron Paul stuff and was like "Dang son...". It was more of a slaughter than a battle. It's like eating tough, fatty steak you're whole life for protein, then some guy walks up to you and throws a sirloin seasoned with unadultered awesomeness in front of your face and you try it for the first time.

bodybuildin4lyf
12-29-2007, 12:05 PM
i think it could be, especially for someone in a leadership role, that admitting you have made a mistake or misjudgment can show a sign of weakness.

Nobody wants a leader who has weaknesses, as citizens we all like to believe we have supermen running our country, and thats why some people will stick by the likes of George Bush no matter how many mistakes he makes. He could start a nuclear war right now and people would still have is back, because its easier to stick to the arguement you have, than bow your head and agree with someone elses, or start an entirley new one.

bodybuildin4lyf
12-29-2007, 12:09 PM
That's not entirely true. Back in February 2007 I probably would have been a Huckabee man, this forum helped shift me more extreme in the right wing and more libertarian.

Except there wasn't a whole lot of debate involved in it. I mostly just watched Ron Paul stuff and was like "Dang son...". It was more of a slaughter than a battle. It's like eating tough, fatty steak you're whole life for protein, then some guy walks up to you and throws a sirloin seasoned with awesomeness in front of your face and you try it for the first time.

i notice you have a huge ignore list & that you are a regular R&P poster.

are these people on ignore because you don't want to hear their opinions?

yes, maybe you have changed your views. Im just saying that a majority don't, even though they know what they are saying is bullsh!t.

Al3xk
12-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Nobody wants a leader who has weaknesses,.
I think that's sad really =/
Most prominent philosophers and scientists have all been humble and accepted that they don't know everything.
"All I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates

OP, I definetly agree. People need to be more open minded, and not resort to so much labeling and smearing. To reach a conclusion one must look into both sides of the argument, not listen to one side and become deadlocked against the other.

SaviorSix
12-29-2007, 12:33 PM
Ego and pride

Poppa Pump
12-29-2007, 02:44 PM
Here's something that may interest you from the field of psychology. It has been shown that people form opinions/beliefs and THEN look for support to those beliefs. That is a discovery that is VERY interesting to me. Think about it and look for instances with everyone you know to show that it's mostly true. I see it every day. This has led me to look into more research about the decision making process but I dont think that's a question that has been answered yet. Psychology is great with the "whats" but the "hows" on the other hand....