PDA

View Full Version : Diet plan suggestion ? need a lot of suggestion please.

family-pack
12-27-2001, 04:14 AM
Hi all,

I'm on my own diet plan to loose fat and preserve muscle and probably add a little bit of lean mass, and I need your suggestion.
Here are my diets:

1. One Serve of protein shake (Max's Whey Protein Isolate 90%) with milk

2. Workout in the gym with Weight first than Cardio AND LOTS OF WATER.

3. Straight after workout another serve of Protein Shake (with milk) and one fruit (banana or apple)

4. 2 hours later, a meal with some complex carbohydrate (rice/pasta/bread) and also some meats/fish.

5. 2-3 hours later (about 6pm) another meal consist of vegetables and also another small portion of meats/fish.

6. 2-3 hours before bed (about 9pm) another protein shake, but this time with water (not milk coz' I want to reduce the carb before sleep) and a spoon of flaxseed oil (to slow down digestion of the protein).

There's my diets, any suggestion ? should I take the protein at night ? because from some articles I read by consuming protein shake before bed can prevent "muscle breakdown" or is it just going to make me more fat ?

And btw, my goal is not really building a huge body, but just to reduce fat while gaining a little bit of muscle. So when I loose my fat I want be as skinny as a stick hehe........

And one more question, on my resting day (the day I'm not doing any lifting, just doing cardio) how should I modify my diets ? Less protein ? How would you suggest ?

ok guys thanks a lot =)
Family-pack

NB: Sorry I post the same thread twice (one here and one in teenbody building), but I don't get any replies in teen bodybuilding so I thought maybe I put on the wrong categories.

family-pack
12-27-2001, 05:38 PM
no one can help ? It used to be fast :( maybe you guys on holiday ?

Anabolik
12-30-2001, 12:40 AM
Alright ill post because no one else wants to and maybe when i bump it someone with a massive brain will respond.

You might think about doing the cardio before your first meal because ive read that this burns fat more efficiently. Also, i like to split my cardio and weight training because i feel i get more out of them both if ive had a little bit of rest inbetween.

I know you said you don't want a "huge body" but you need to keep your protein up as much as possible. In arnold's encyclopedia i believe he said in one pound of fat it is typical to lose 40% muscle to 60% fat. So protein is very important

Only other things i might think about would be to reduce some carbs and maybe get some HMB to preserve muscle (Some people like, it some dont). Also, make sure you get as much rest as you can and keep hydrated. In response to your question about protein before bed i dont think it will be a problem if you dont go overboard. Just don't eat any carbs before bed. Might wanna try some ZMA PM too - I hear good things.

Most important thing is to stay on these boards. Lots of good info here. Hope i helped a little. If i am wrong on something, sorry, but im sure ill get flamed all to hell anyway so you'll get the right answer that way.

Peace

Anabolik
12-30-2001, 12:45 AM
Sorry i missed one thing.

On rest days when you are doing cardio, (technically not a rest day) your protein needs arent as great as lifting days but you still need a sufficient amount.

By the way, what does your training schedule look like?

Peace

family-pack
12-30-2001, 02:10 AM
my training schedule is a bit light I think, coz' my gym instruct me to do few weights only :( (maybe because their major thing for me is to loose fat first so I won't dissapointed and quit the gym hehe) here are the schedule

weight:

2 x 12 reps 30 kg of Lat Pull Down (but I do 3)
2 x 12 reps 30 kg of chest press (also do 3)
2 x 12 reps 25 kg of shoulder press (do 3)
2 x 12 reps 45 kg of leg press (do 3)

the reason I do 3 coz' I heard it's better than only doing 2 :) but so far I haven't got the strength to do more but what do you suggest ?

and out of the program I do

2 x 12 reps 20 kg Standing Barbel Curl (cannot do 3 to heavy hehe)
2 x 12 reps 20 kg Concentrated Barbel Curl (sitting down)
2 x 12 reps 25 kg for the forearms (I don't know the name, but it's the thing when u sit with your hand on your lap and just do the curl with just the hand)

Cardio:
15 mins on Crosstrainer machine
15 mins on Stationary Bike (do 30 mins and working on to do 45 mins)

That are my schedule :) I know it's light, but I' don't have plan to become a bodybuilder and I think I can't (don't have the discipline :) ). I know you might think I ask in the wrong forum (this is a BB forum) but from what I believe is that you guys more understand about human body and these things :), so can u recommend me to build a bit of muscle and loose fat efficiently ?

Thanks Anabolik (at last someone nice willing to reply)

family-pack

Anabolik
12-30-2001, 10:11 AM
The most important thing you need right now is the cardio since you aren't too concerned with building a lot of muscle. It would be a good idea to keep a journal of your diet and exercise. By keeping a journal it is easier to see if you are actually burning more calories than you take in, and monitor your overall progress.

For you workout schedule:

It is not really important if others see your workout as light as long as you get the most out of it. I know you aren't as concerned about building muscle as you are in losing fat but I think it would be a good idea to get a total body weight training workout plan.
You do all this in one day?

2 x 12 reps 30 kg of Lat Pull Down (but I do 3)
2 x 12 reps 30 kg of chest press (also do 3)
2 x 12 reps 25 kg of shoulder press (do 3)
2 x 12 reps 45 kg of leg press (do 3)

These exercises are good ones but they work different muscles.
You might want to consider going to the workout program board and asking those fellas what a good program would be. Something like one or two bodyparts a day with a few exercises each.
EX. Day #1 - Chest and Triceps - every other day with
Day #2 - Back and Biceps some abs or as needed
Day #3 - Legs
Day #4 - Shoulders and Traps
Throw some rest days in there too
- 3-4 sets is a good target range with about 7-12 reps
- Just build up to your workouts if you dont have the strength and dont let those muscle heads try to tell you that you need to lift more - Heavy is relative to everyone - and no one likes those guys anyway :-)

www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne1.htm
St8flexed posted this link yesterday - GOOD article- very clear

If you cycles your workouts like this (or something like it - whatever you like) You can avoid overtraining the muscles.
ALSO! when you DO drop all that weight, your TOTAL body will be showing results. Good luck to you - if you can make it into the gym regularly and watch your diet i believe you're set!

Peace

family-pack
12-30-2001, 08:47 PM
hey thanks anabolik :)

yes I did those weight and cardio all on ONE DAY but the next day after that exercises (Weight + Cardio) I do only cardio. so pretty much I do cardio everyday :) but on the cardio day I do more intense cardio (longer time with higher intencity but try to keep my heart rate between 65-75 % from max )

thanks for your suggestion and btw Merry Christmas (if you celebrate it :) ) and Happy New Year

D3m3nt3d
01-07-2002, 06:14 PM
actually Anabolik...ur knowledge sounds good except the "no one likes muscleheads comment"...im just figuring with the name ANABOLIK...u would classify as a muclehead correct? thought so

RoughN_Tough
01-14-2002, 02:34 PM
Try this and see how it works:

1. One Serve of protein shake with 10g of Glutamine

2. Workout in the gym with Weight first than Cardio AND LOTS OF WATER.

3. Straight after workout another serve of Protein Shake (with milk) 1 peice of whole wheat toast with "I can't believe it's not butter spray" AND LOTS OF WATER.

4. 2-3 hours later, a meal with some mixed veggies a medium chicken breast AND LOTS OF WATER.

5. Protein Shake and 6 TBSPs of pasturized<spelling?> egg whites
(NOT EggBeaters)

5. 2-3 hours later (about 6pm) another meal consist of vegetables and also another medium portion of meats/fish.
AND LOTS OF WATER.

6. 2-3 hours before bed (about 9pm) another protein shake, but this time with water (not milk coz' I want to reduce the carb before sleep) and a spoon of flaxseed oil (to slow down digestion of the protein).

7. At Bedtime try another 10g of Glutamine.