PDA

View Full Version : Protein Chocolate Brownie

joeflex73
12-29-2007, 01:34 AM
2 scoops of Chocolate Whey Protein
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of Jell-o Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge pudding
1/3c of water

Mix all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Once the ingredients are blended and batter like you can add other things to it (nuts etc.). Once prepared, 60-75 seconds in the microwave. Itll rise in the microwave, making a nice sized brownie. Let it cool if youd like to add a sugar free topping.

Considering it as 1 serving...these values will vary a bit with your protein powder....
40g of protein
12g of carbs
3g of fat

joeflex73
01-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Tried adding 1tbsp of chunky natty pb to it today, needed to add another 2oz of water or so. 1/2c. would work. Was kick ass.

joshlavwaa14
01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
im assuming uncooked pudding mix right?

I_Shaw_I
01-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Post a pic!!!!!

thanks for the recipe

joeflex73
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
im assuming uncooked pudding mix right?

Yep just the powder.

Shattering Fast
01-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Sounds good, although I think the protein would be denatured from the microwaving process.

joeflex73
01-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Doubt it..if protein just denatured when cooked, we would have to eat everything raw.

THEBEAST100
01-12-2008, 09:27 PM
I had this today, it kicked ass.
I put lots of whipping cream on it.
REPS

Chthon
01-14-2008, 09:01 AM
I tried this today and it came out extremely dry and kinda rubbery. Any tips on how to make it moist? I microwaved it on a minute. I'll post pics in a few.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/27/1386648/CIMG0140_thumb.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/27/1386648/CIMG0145_thumb.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/27/1386648/CIMG0147_thumb.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/27/1386648/CIMG0150_thumb.jpg

joeflex73
01-14-2008, 11:56 PM
I tried this today and it came out extremely dry and kinda rubbery. Any tips on how to make it moist? I microwaved it on a minute. I'll post pics in a few.

Tried it once with casein and whey, did have a lighter texture. Been adding walnuts to it too, to give it something extra.

Thanks for posting pics.

Chthon
01-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Thanks man, after a little trial and error I think I got it right. The second time I added some cream cheese but too much liquid and it came out too moist. Today I'm going to try it with some pb. Thanks again for this kick ass recipe.

SheWulf
01-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Maybe add some egg product or a tad of olive oil? My protein pancakes gave me a problem with moisture and stuck to the pan, but when i added olive oil, problem solved!

GreenEyedGinny
01-15-2008, 05:40 AM
ill give this a shot , looks good, ill use a graham cracker whey with the choc pudding mix hopefully its yak proof

SheWulf
01-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for posting this! I combined:
1 scoop ON's 100% Whey Double chocolate
1 Tbsp. SF chocolate pudding mix
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
Water

Microwaved it for one minute then flipped it onto a plate (don't mind my childish plate :P) and sprinkled a lil bit of splenda on top. YUM, props!

Also, you can mix a tiny bit of pudding mix and drizzle it over the top.

GreenEyedGinny
01-15-2008, 02:22 PM
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
Water

Microwaved it for one minute then flipped it onto a plate (don't mind my childish plate :P) and sprinkled a lil bit of splenda on top. YUM, props!

ah the plate makes it look festive LOL, how was the texture? was it bland?

I was gonna add 1/4 cup of the pudding mix since i was adding the graham cracker whey instead of choc whey

SheWulf
01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Texture was decent, little spongey in the thicker parts but somewhat moist. Pretty good taste too, not that plain, but i'm not used to sweet things anymore. Def will make again!

PyroBurns
01-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Any substitute for whey?

Chthon
01-15-2008, 08:11 PM
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
Water

That looks good, much better than mine :D. I must have just microwaved it too long. I will say though the batter tasted really good :p.

Chthon
01-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Any substitute for whey?

Not sure on that, maybe soy isolate perhaps.

joeflex73
01-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Any substitute for whey?

Id imagine any protein would be fine, not sure how it would effect the texture. Casein/Whey Blend was a bit lighter.

Hilush
01-16-2008, 06:46 AM
I made it without the SF Pudding, just
1 scoop ON extreme milk chocolate whey
1 teaspoon of baking powder
water
few drops vanila extract
and it came out surprisingly good... a bit dry though
second brownie I tried adding PB but it didn't help ... how can I make it more moist?
thanks for the recipe!!

Alphy
01-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I have tried this several times now, without what I would consider a success. Following original recipe, only with less protein(1 1/4 scoop).

It is either not cooked with sections that are still batter, or way too dry(like in the pics posted above). Any ideas?

stewaat
01-16-2008, 11:45 AM
I have tried this several times now, without what I would consider a success. Following original recipe, only with less protein(1 1/4 scoop).

It is either not cooked with sections that are still batter, or way too dry(like in the pics posted above). Any ideas?

I would try and make a square rather than a bowl. Maybe if you make the surface area greater it will cook more evenly and take less time to cook.

PyroBurns
01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Thing is, I own NO protein powder.

I'm looking for something that has similar properties to it. I'd imagine something that dissolves and is kind of protein-y. Hmmmm..

Chthon
01-16-2008, 12:58 PM
You can google microwave brownie recipes.

Kano69
01-16-2008, 04:47 PM
If it's turning out too dry, then you could simply add more water/milk to the recipe next time and possibly not cook it quite as long. Make take a little trial and error to get it perfect. Great recipe though! Especially for folks with a sweet tooth like myself!

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 04:01 AM
i thought i was eating foam cushions LOL

i have some ideas

lets try 3 different things

1. put this in the oven for 15 mins instead of the microwave
2 if you want to leave in it in micro try adding 1/4 cup of egg beaters
3 if in micro instead of egg beaters, try 6ozs of yogurt or skim milk 1/3 cup

can any of yas try these out and see if they improve ?

Chthon
01-17-2008, 05:34 AM
i thought i was eating foam cushions LOL

i have some ideas

lets try 3 different things

1. put this in the oven for 15 mins instead of the microwave
2 if you want to leave in it in micro try adding 1/4 cup of egg beaters
3 if in micro instead of egg beaters, try 6ozs of yogurt or skim milk 1/3 cup

can any of yas try these out and see if they improve ?

LoL I tried milk w/ an egg still turned out that way but when I used some cream cheese it was moist but I added too much liquid. I think the key would be to add some source of fat to it.

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 06:37 AM
how much cream cheese? did you try fat free cream chese?

how about the oven option?

Chthon
01-17-2008, 07:36 AM
I used about a tablespoon, I was out of the reduced fat so I used some regular philly spread. I haven't tried it in the oven yet, I will try tomorrow and post pics if successful.

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 07:43 AM
yea i think the oven with the original receipe will retain some of the moisture, the micro does zap the crap out of baked goods

SheWulf
01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Okay, i put in 1 and a half tbsp. of natty peanut butter + Baking powder + 1 scoop ON Whey + 1 tbsp. SF pudding mix + Water

Results? EFFING AMAZING. the PB brings it up to around 300 cals but well worth it. I think i might make this my pre-bed meal. It was not dry AT ALL. I microwaved it for 1 min, and it hadn't risen like it did without the peanut butter. It looked like it needed 15 secs or so.

Then i flipped it onto a plate and it to my discovery, the middle of the brownie wasn't all the was solidified, so it was like a molten chocolate reeses brownie. It tasted like the biggest cheat in the world. I HIGHLY recommend making it this way, it was SUPER moist, and tasted amazing.

stewaat
01-17-2008, 09:17 AM
That's how mine was but it didn't taste as good as you say. That's probably because I'm a junk food junkie who needs to have his tongue de-sensitized to junk food.

SheWulf
01-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Could be. I think i'm now just really sensative to sweet things. I used to eat candy and junk food ALL the time, then i cut it out cold turkey. Once i found i didn't have to suffer and i could still enjoy healthy alternatives i found they tasted just as good as a dessert. So it could have something to do with the fact i don't eat sugary things like i used to.

stewaat
01-17-2008, 12:46 PM
I gothca and let me say it didn't taste bad either. But man you described a really good tasting treat!

I think with some tweaking this may be my nightly dessert.

*goes back and reps OP*

Mercedez
01-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Tried it once with casein and whey, did have a lighter texture. Been adding walnuts to it too, to give it something extra.

Thanks for posting pics.

that looks yummy!!!

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 02:09 PM
trying to keep the fat and cals down, PB doesnt do that LOL

anyone try my methods? results?

SheWulf
01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah, damn peanut butter... so good though! :P

I'll try the oven method one of these days.

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 04:41 PM
im no emeril lagasse but i have to think the oven helps with moisture retention

robbytjohn
01-17-2008, 05:02 PM
I made it without the SF Pudding, just
1 teaspoon of baking powder
water
few drops vanila extract
and it came out surprisingly good... a bit dry though
second brownie I tried adding PB but it didn't help ... how can I make it more moist?
thanks for the recipe!!

add a whipped egg for moisture.

GreenEyedGinny
01-17-2008, 05:49 PM
come on people some group participation, someone egg it, another oven it, and another egg and oven it. lets refine this abd boy

BigBen85
01-17-2008, 07:31 PM

Thanks for posting pics.

I was just about to say "that sounds amazing if you used casein instead of whey"

Alphy
01-17-2008, 09:11 PM
I tried milk, noticed no difference from water.

Im doing 1 scoop whey isolate, one packet stevia, and a tad more water than the recipe. I also tried adding PB.....ya get a nice pocket of melted liquid PB.

Might try using an egg next. Will it cook ok in a minute in the microwave?

SheWulf
01-18-2008, 11:56 AM
Yeah, the egg should cook fine in the microwave.

hassaanu
02-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I made that, it was alright. It didnt really taste good, Id give it a little below average. I would never pay to eat it but would probably eat it for the nutritional value.

I need tips on how to make it taste better because I think I can do somethign really cool here. What I did was half a spoon baking powder, 1.25 scoops chocolate protein, 1 spoon of jellos sugarfree chocolate pudding powder, 1 packet of splenda and half a cup of water.

What should I do tomorrow, I want to make this something that I would consider a nutritious cheat or something.

hassaanu
02-14-2008, 12:31 PM
bump

neueziel
02-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I tried to make it today and fail =(. It turned out to be a liquid mess oh well my expectations were WAY too high.

Nyyankz123
02-16-2008, 10:26 PM
does anyone find that when then make this, that it bubbles over the edge of the container? How do you prevent this?

joeflex73
02-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I tried to make it today and fail =(. It turned out to be a liquid mess oh well my expectations were WAY too high.

You either had too much liquid or didnt mic it long enough. If at first you dont succeed....

joeflex73
02-16-2008, 11:33 PM
does anyone find that when then make this, that it bubbles over the edge of the container? How do you prevent this?

Its going to do that, simple chemical reaction. I use a low wide bowl, something youd serve pasta in for example. It has enough room to expand and not go over the edge.

randyrock
02-17-2008, 03:52 AM
Ok, I was reading a lot of recipes yesterday and they sort of all got almagamated in my head. I'll tell you all what I did though because this turned out to be delicious:

3 eggs yolks
3 egg whites
3 tbsp splenda
2 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp orange flavouring
2 tbsp single cream
2 tbsp peanut butter

Ok, so I beat the egg whites and put them to one side.

I then beat everything else in a seperate bowl. I then fold in the egg whites.

I put half the mixture in the freezer, and half in the microwave. I left it in the freezer for about 2 hours. I left it in the microwave on 'roast' for about 3 minutes I think. Anyway you can tell when it's ready.

I have to say they were both FANTASTIC

-Aaron-
02-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Hey bro, nice recipe!

What temperature do you cook it in the oven?

RusnConcussion
02-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Just made it and it turned out sick, nice recipie.

Heres what i mixed. 1min 40 in the microwave:
1 scoop BSN lean desert chocolate fudge
1 tbsp chocolate ff sf jello pudding
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

I think the thickness of the lean desert protein actually helps with this brownie's texture.

Jxstatic
02-18-2008, 07:43 AM
Too Many Carbs!

ErinB1218
02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Another thing that I have done while making these, is using glucomannan powder, about 2 grams. It thickens the mix up, and I swear that stuff makes it super moist!!

rude boy
02-22-2008, 06:41 PM
Okay, i put in 1 and a half tbsp. of natty peanut butter + Baking powder + 1 scoop ON Whey + 1 tbsp. SF pudding mix + Water

Results? EFFING AMAZING. the PB brings it up to around 300 cals but well worth it. I think i might make this my pre-bed meal. It was not dry AT ALL. I microwaved it for 1 min, and it hadn't risen like it did without the peanut butter. It looked like it needed 15 secs or so.

Then i flipped it onto a plate and it to my discovery, the middle of the brownie wasn't all the was solidified, so it was like a molten chocolate reeses brownie. It tasted like the biggest cheat in the world. I HIGHLY recommend making it this way, it was SUPER moist, and tasted amazing.

holy **** that was amazing. i added walnuts and extra PB and when it was done, topped it with walden farms chocolate sauce.

holy ****

Nyyankz123
02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
holy **** that was amazing. i added walnuts and extra PB and when it was done, topped it with walden farms chocolate sauce.

holy ****

Orgasm or something?

bigguy19
02-23-2008, 10:20 AM
made it, it was great, but i overcooked it a little

rude boy
02-23-2008, 12:02 PM
how do i make it more moist?

SheWulf
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
how do i make it more moist?

Actually if you use a protein blend (like ISS Micellular Matrix) instead of just whey, it comes out a lot more moist and fluffy.

rude boy
02-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Actually if you use a protein blend (like ISS Micellular Matrix) instead of just whey, it comes out a lot more moist and fluffy.

i dont have that kind. i have gnc chocolate whey isolate. is there anything i can to the mixture to make it more moist?

also do you have any more recipes like this? cookies, other brownies, etc..?

joeflex73
02-24-2008, 12:23 AM
i dont have that kind. i have gnc chocolate whey isolate. is there anything i can to the mixture to make it more moist?

also do you have any more recipes like this? cookies, other brownies, etc..?

You can try adding a small amount more water...another suggested glucomannan powder, you can find it at GNC or any other vitamin store.

I havent tried this 1 yet, but it sounded interesting...guy posted it Anabolic Xtreme's site.

Protein Pancakes
Submitted by: bigdaddyweave

Ingredients:

2 Scoops Blueberry & Creme Musclemilk
3 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Water

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Heat pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray (if not a teflon pan). Cook as you would normal pancakes.

18g of fat, 41 grams of protein, 10g of carbs

jpstoker
02-25-2008, 04:54 PM
Post a pic!!!!!

thanks for the recipe

same recipe but added some splenda. added almonds and topped it with natural peanut butter.

Chthon
02-27-2008, 06:44 AM
You can try adding a small amount more water...another suggested glucomannan powder, you can find it at GNC or any other vitamin store.

I havent tried this 1 yet, but it sounded interesting...guy posted it Anabolic Xtreme's site.

Protein Pancakes
Submitted by: bigdaddyweave

Ingredients:

2 Scoops Blueberry & Creme Musclemilk
3 Egg Whites
1/4 cup Water

Directions:

Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Heat pan over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray (if not a teflon pan). Cook as you would normal pancakes.

18g of fat, 41 grams of protein, 10g of carbs

That sounds pretty good I'm going to try that.

jrbruin
02-27-2008, 08:58 PM
Just tried using the toaster oven instead of the microwave. It definitely helps the texture issues but isn't quite so instant (took about 15 minutes to cook)

the recipe I used:
1 scoop protein
2 tbspn cocoa powder
3 packs splenda
1 tbspn pb
heavy cream and some almond milk to get it wet enough to mix

Here's a pic:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h252/jrbruin/brownie.jpg

Chthon
02-28-2008, 02:06 AM
Just tried using the toaster oven instead of the microwave. It definitely helps the texture issues but isn't quite so instant (took about 15 minutes to cook)

the recipe I used:
1 scoop protein
2 tbspn cocoa powder
3 packs splenda
1 tbspn pb

jrbruin that looks great thanks for sharing.

Hilush
02-28-2008, 11:32 AM

the recipe I used:
1 scoop protein
2 tbspn cocoa powder
3 packs splenda
1 tbspn pb

Here's a pic:

wow :D

how much almond milk\heavy cream? looks perfect...

jrbruin
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
can't say for sure, unfortunately that was the only thing I don't have a good measure on.

Heavy cream was probably about 2-3 Tbsp
Almond milk probably about a 1/3 C, but could have been less, I just poured some cream in and then used as much milk as it took to make a thick batter.

It was really good, but still tasted like it was missing something.. not sure though, texture was perfect though, so I think I'm going to use this recipe as a base and work from there. The batter was delicious, so that's a start.

Nyyankz123
02-28-2008, 07:17 PM

the recipe I used:
1 scoop protein
2 tbspn cocoa powder
3 packs splenda
1 tbspn pb

Here's a pic:

how do you cook this in a toaster oven?
what did you put the recipe mixture onto?

jrbruin
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
hehe, love how that picture is getting posted over and over again :)
I used the toaster oven as an oven, so if you don't have a toaster oven it'd be the same thing to just set your regular oven to 350-375F and cook it in there. As for time, I put it in for about 15 minutes, and used a toothpick to see if it was done. If the toothpick comes out clean or close to it, then it's done.

As for what to cook it in, I have these little cookie tins that are perfect for a single serving. I got them from Bed bath and beyond a few years ago.

Here's a link to the bigger ones, the one I used was I'd guess about 4".

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=11118801

midnight_maraud3r
02-29-2008, 06:32 PM
well i just did OP's recipe with 2 scoops of chocolate ON whey and 2 packets of stevia. i baked it in the oven for 375, but i think it might have been better if i just baked it 10 minutes. it came out dry, bland, and rubbery...so i tossed it. i'm gonna try jrbruin's recipe next.

jrbruin
02-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Probably depends alot on what protein you use.. I don't have any ON right now, I'm using some Max Muscle stuff that my bro gave me.

Anyhow, keep an eye on it when you're cooking it - once the top gets solid then start checking with a toothpick every few minutes. I pulled mine once the toothpick was mostly coming out clean, but it was still a little bit soft so I knew it'd be moist.

jrbruin
02-29-2008, 08:50 PM
Crap.. I left out the baking powder when I wrote my recipe.
I put in about 1 tsp.

midnight_maraud3r
03-01-2008, 07:48 AM
actually i got a bit of a midnight sweet tooth last night and decided to try OP's recipe again, but a little modified.

i used

1 1/2 scoops ON whey
2 tabelspoon's peanut butter
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp of chocolate jello-o sugar free pudding mix
1/2 tsp baking powder

i baked it at 365 for 10 minutes and it came out the exact same. :(

jrbruin
03-01-2008, 08:14 AM
I read about your try and gave it one of my own.
I re-tried my recipe and made a few changes for fun (and measured everything for repeatability):

1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 packs of splenda (might try 4 next time)
a half handful of walnuts
2 Tbsp cream
1/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Baked in toaster oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes. It was actually done before I checked it, I should have pulled it a little sooner, but it was still the same texture as the brownie I posted the picture of.

midnight_maraud3r
03-01-2008, 10:04 AM
i need to try your recipe but i lack the almond milk and cream. and i just got back from the grocery store...lol

timmymayes
03-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I am at work and really want to try this....i might stop at the store before I get home and make it.

wasd896
03-02-2008, 10:39 AM
These are actually pretty good! Kind of dry/rubbery. But other than that filling and yum!

timmymayes
03-06-2008, 12:04 AM
I read about your try and gave it one of my own.
I re-tried my recipe and made a few changes for fun (and measured everything for repeatability):

1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tbs cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 packs of splenda (might try 4 next time)
a half handful of walnuts
2 Tbsp cream
1/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk

Baked in toaster oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes. It was actually done before I checked it, I should have pulled it a little sooner, but it was still the same texture as the brownie I posted the picture of.

I used this recipe minus the tsp baking powder (didn't have any and forgot it at the market) adn minuse the walnuts because I don't like them really. Also I couldnt' find vanilla almond milk so i used water...the brownie came out perfect texture wise. Taste wise it was just a tad bitter....I think next time I'll either add peanut butter or more splenda. Its a start though. Oh and I added an Egg which I think was a nice touch and shouldn't really have affected the sweetness/biterness of it.

deadgearsrising
03-06-2008, 04:30 AM
For everyone whose brownie turns out dry, if you cook it so that it isn't quite firm in the middle, you can use it like a syrup for the rest of the brownie. The recipe is quite good, but turns out dry if you cook it too long.

user321655
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Made my own sort of mix. Added an egg for the extra proteinss and i used 150ml of semi skimmed milk.
will post a pic later.
LOL it looks like an old wrinkly black persons ballsack (not that ive seen one - just guessing) (no racist) (no **** victim)

If anything my brownie was soggie than dry

Picture as promised;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/Fisherman123/06032008098.jpg

Its put me off making them again lol, i think because i added 150ml of semi skimmed milk with double cream, too much liquid.

dueco98
03-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I made this today, and they turned out really good. Think I took them out of the oven at the right time because it was really moist.
I might just be easy to please though.

1 scoop chocolate Skip blend from ***********
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 1/2 packs of splenda (might try 4 next time)
2 Tbsp cream
1/4 C water
spash of vanilla extract

jrbruin
03-13-2008, 10:22 AM
^ very similar to my recipe

I made another last night (ate half for dessert and I'm eating the other half right now for breakfast w/ my coffee - yummm! )

Anyways, I used 6 packets of splenda in this one and it's almost perfect, wish I'd remembered the vanilla extract..

ZdezMuzles
03-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Just tried this it was hella good. I mixed it with sum PB bomb ass recipe!

jaim91
03-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Low calorie chocolate protein brownie

In a bowl:
2 scoops protein (PVL Creamy Dreamy Milk chocolate is awesome!)
Enough water so that it's like a soupy consistency
Microwave for 2 min on high

The protein soaks up the water and makes the whole thing really soft and spongey...:D

Andrew69
04-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Maybe add some egg product or a tad of olive oil? My protein pancakes gave me a problem with moisture and stuck to the pan, but when i added olive oil, problem solved!

Yep, the secret to a moist cake (of any kind) is a little olive oil.

Starky1177
04-03-2008, 03:59 PM

In a bowl:

The protein soaks up the water and makes the whole thing really soft and spongey...:D

Holy ****, I just did this...came out with consistency of a muffin (1st 2 minutes through I didnt have enough water in it, so I put some more and put back in for a minute, and it came out alot better)....This has some potential...maybe 1/4 cup Water, 1/4 cup skim milk (3.5 carbs), A table spoon of Splenda and 2 scoops of whey (maybe some Vanilla extract in there to)

jaim91
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM

In a bowl:

Holy ****, I just did this...came out with consistency of a muffin (1st 2 minutes through I didnt have enough water in it, so I put some more and put back in for a minute, and it came out alot better)....This has some potential...maybe 1/4 cup Water, 1/4 cup skim milk (3.5 carbs), A table spoon of Splenda and 2 scoops of whey (maybe some Vanilla extract in there to)

YEAH BUDDY!

I just bought the cake batter flavour protein from muscle milk. When I use it with this recipe, that sh*t is gonna be the bestest keto snack ever!

Mumof2
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
hi what size is the choc pudding mix? Standard fulla sugar and fat is 85g but diet is only 24

Aggg just looked back over the posts again - no idea how I managed to miss the size of the puddings as ALL the recipes stated it!!! Thinking of the protein bar recipes I read the otha day I think....they just say use a packet. ANyway,am off to try this brownie recipe now!

Mumof2
04-04-2008, 03:26 PM
WOw I made 2 versions of these and they were sooooo yummy! Thanks for the great thread! I had no choc pudding so used caramel and it was bloody good. sigh sad I can't just eat em all day really! lol

Smelly_Pits
04-09-2008, 08:26 PM
These were great....thanks

Andrew69
04-12-2008, 04:59 AM
Hmmm, strong fail on my part with these :cool:
I think it was the micellar casein I used, its too fine/light

Samus_Fan
04-18-2008, 03:13 PM
I've been trying to make this or something similar... and it doesn't ever work. It puffs up really huge in the microwave and then sinks immediately down to a crumb-like state... and it does this no matter how much water/liquid I use.

How do I get it to stay puffed up and cake-like??

jaim91
04-18-2008, 03:15 PM
I've been trying to make this or something similar... and it doesn't ever work. It puffs up really huge in the microwave and then sinks immediately down to a crumb-like state... and it does this no matter how much water/liquid I use.

How do I get it to stay puffed up and cake-like??

It's the protein.

I've had to try many different ones before I finally found PVL whey gourmet.

Samus_Fan
04-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I feared that was the reason.... I buy really cheap protein..... d'oh.

Lax891122
04-18-2008, 04:09 PM
Kinda have an idea. I SUCK at baking.. but I have an idea.

Ok

TBSP of pudding mix(SF)
1-2 packts of splenda
1 1/2 scoops ON whey
baking powder 1/2 tsp
1 TBSP Natty PB
a few drops of vanilla extract/imitation vanilla or whatever
1-2 TBSP Heavy Cream
and maybe
1 large egg or just yolk, as the white may make it too liquidy.

Seeing as people complain bout dryness, therefore the egg yolk and cream will help keep it moist as the PB will make it heavier. Splenda, whey and pudding are obviously for taste and baking powder for expanding.

Maybe micro it or bake it or something.. but who knows. Im gonna try it tongiht as my steak defrosts.

zkid002
04-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Kinda have an idea. I SUCK at baking.. but I have an idea.

Ok

TBSP of pudding mix(SF)
1-2 packts of splenda
1 1/2 scoops ON whey
baking powder 1/2 tsp
1 TBSP Natty PB
a few drops of vanilla extract/imitation vanilla or whatever
1-2 TBSP Heavy Cream
and maybe
1 large egg or just yolk, as the white may make it too liquidy.

Seeing as people complain bout dryness, therefore the egg yolk and cream will help keep it moist as the PB will make it heavier. Splenda, whey and pudding are obviously for taste and baking powder for expanding.

Maybe micro it or bake it or something.. but who knows. Im gonna try it tongiht as my steak defrosts.

let us know man, lets us know..

Lax891122
04-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Omg. Ok

1 scoop On whey
4 packets splenda
2 TBSP of natty pb
1 egg
2-3 tbsp of heavy cream
1-2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 TBSP White Chocolate pudding mix
1 tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder

Mix up well..

microwave for 60-70 seconds

THEN take about a tsp of the white chocolate pudding mix and like 20mls of water(20g on scale). Mix. Take about 3/4-1 tbsp of natty PB and mix that in. Mix in one packet of splenda. Use this as a sauce over the brownie cake OR use it as a dipping sauce.

Had a good flavor.. but dry since I crowaved it for a good 80--90 seconds.. so dont do that. Maybe add extra cream, as the consistency should be like a semi-thick pudding, but not watery.

Lax891122
04-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Today I used 2 eggs, 1 scoop of whey, 8g of white chocolate pudding mix(SF/FF), 2 tbsp natty PB, 3 tbsp cream, 1/2 tsp of baking powder, 3-4 packets of splenda, a little water.. mixed it all up

Microwaved for about 60 seconds, then 10, then another 10. When I put a spoon/toothpick in to see if it was done, it came out with stuff on it still.. but i didnt care as I overcooked mine. I let it cook while I ate my T-Bone steak(amazing.) Flipped it over on a plate, and to my suprise, the bottom was still wet batter. Ironically, it seemed as if this batter was more of a hot topping for the cakey type, pound cake/flanish thing I made.

Needless to say, I almost exploded in joy as I ate it. Then I ate a peanut butter cup (1 oz butter, Pb, splenda, almond).

Needless to say, my dinner/desert was high in cals. But i slacked on meals earlier today so oh well :D

V1C70R
04-20-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey dude i did this and i coulb barely finish the thing. My god i think im in love. I never eat any sweets since i stick to a strict diet but i was thinking this for pwo. This was absolutel delicious. A little dry but great. I want to tweek to be a lil more moist. But major reps

terrafunka
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
I did:

1 Scoop 100% ON Whey (Rocky Road)
1 Egg white
A little extra virgin olive oil
Half teaspoon baking soda (far too much it seemed) :P
2 Packets Equal
Dash of cinnamon
A little water

I mixed that all in a small bowl and put it in the microwave. It simply puffed up while in the microwave and then reduced back down to a sagging mess. Although it was very dry and a little rubbery (probably due to 90 seconds in the microwave and lack of fluid in the mix), it tasted decent. I will work on this recipe. I'm way over my calorie limit for today, but this was about 200 and coincides with a re-feed type day.

Nice recipe though! :)

vanes_wf
05-01-2008, 03:46 AM

You can try adding butter..??

Knux
05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
could we use a T of unflavored gelatin and add some chocolate syrup instead of pudding?

Josh81
05-17-2008, 08:32 AM
k.. i tried making this last night and it tasted like paper..

i used

2 scoops ON whey double rich chocolate
1 1/2 tbsp natty pb
1/3 c water
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp of Jell-o Sugar Free Chocolate Fudge pudding

DanCottle
05-18-2008, 12:00 PM
I made it alittle while ago changing the recipe slightly and didnt expect it to be as good as it was. It was very slightly dry so I will add 1/2 tsp olive oil next time.
I did
1 scoop protein powder
1 tsp cocoa
1 tbs choc pudding
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp baking powder

Put it in microwave for 1 minute

Ill be making alot of these to eat at school

DanCottle
05-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Does anyone have higher carb versions like this using ground oatmeal?

fudgetracks
05-21-2008, 11:06 PM
I finally got around to making this tonight (in fact I just demolished my brownie).

I'm pretty damn proud of myself, since I seemingly was able to make a decent brownie on my first try.

So, after reading this thread and using some of the changes people have made, my recipe was something like this:

1 1/2 Tbs Natty PB
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Scoop ON Whey
2 Tbs Heavy Cream
~1/3 cup water (it was definitely under 1/3 cup, so I sort of played with this one)

After mixing all the ingredients, I threw it in the microwave for 60secs....and next thing you know my sweet tooth is satisfied.

I'll try and get a rough macro breakdown tomorrow as well as +rep some people from this thread.

Thanks Keto Forum. :bowdown:

bigchrishxc
05-27-2008, 05:02 PM
well i did the recipe today and it came out awesome, all i did was
2 scoop of whey 100% rocky road
1tblsp of jello sugar free chocolate pudding mix
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup of water( i use purfied or tap water instead of regluar water from your kitchen sink)
1/4 cup of almonds
1 tblsp of flaxseeds
i first spray the bowl with non-stick cooking spray then add the Whey,Sugar Free Pudding Mix, Baking Powder and water. Mix it well until it is smooth, then added the almonds and the flaxseeds. Put in the microwave for 75 seconds and PUFF.It was a little dry but came out better than i thought

Gym_Kitty
05-31-2008, 04:00 PM
I used On Whey Cookie and Vanilla flavor.

And the batter rose while in microwave, then once I take it out, it gets flabby and flat. weird saggy texture. Not edible.. ;(

I wonder what the problem is.

john2496
06-01-2008, 01:17 PM
This recipe looks awesome! I'm going to attempt to make a batch after this post! Except... I only have body tech banana cream. Oh wellz, I guess I'll be making banana nut bread! :S

Edit: didn't have any pudding mix or baking soda either. the only ingredient i had on the list was water but I didn't let that stop me. in place of the other ingredients I just threw in a bunch of random food items including...
- butter milk pancake mix (1 tbsp)
- whole wheat pancake mix (1 tbsp)
- vanilla extract (1 tbsp)
- maple syrup (1 tbsp)
- skim milk (1/4 cup)
- water (1/4 cup)
- 48g protien powder (body tech)
- baking splenda (1 tbsp)

i plopped the mix in the microwave for 70 seconds, it came out a bit spongy, but tasty none the less! and it has a nice mellow yellow color!

ryan6966
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
I just made one

2scoops of ON Whey
1/4 cup of milk
1tbsp SF jello
1tsp baking powder

microwave 1min
it came out ok, dry...but deffinlty satasifed my choclate craving...and 48g of protien..:)

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0101.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0102.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0103.jpg

dueco98
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I bet a good icing would be the peanut butter cup recipe:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6219151
With or without the PB. I always like the spoontula after I'm done and it tastes damn good.

joeflex73
06-04-2008, 11:43 PM
I used On Whey Cookie and Vanilla flavor.

And the batter rose while in microwave, then once I take it out, it gets flabby and flat. weird saggy texture. Not edible.. ;(

I wonder what the problem is.

Little too much water.

xXBoStErXx
06-06-2008, 01:52 PM
I just made one

2scoops of ON Whey
1/4 cup of milk
1tbsp SF jello
1tsp baking powder

microwave 1min
it came out ok, dry...but deffinlty satasifed my choclate craving...and 48g of protien..:)

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0101.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0102.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q171/ryan92404/CIMG0103.jpg

I tried that same recipe except I didnt measure the baking powder exact, and I used the same container as u.. + I added whipping cream.

And.. it was horrible it puffed up but center was mushy so I ended up squishing it and just reheating tell it was cooked through lol.

Gonna try again tasted great with peanutbutter.

Chicago1287
06-06-2008, 11:28 PM
I did this and it came out ALMOST perfect....but it was VERY bitter. Anyone know why?

1 egg
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp baking
1 tbsp peanut butter
splenda....just poured some on. didn't measure but i think it was enough
little bit of water...didn't really measure

Knux
06-07-2008, 12:02 AM
I did this and it came out ALMOST perfect....but it was VERY bitter. Anyone know why?

1 egg
1 scoop chocolate whey
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
1 tsp baking
1 tbsp peanut butter
splenda....just poured some on. didn't measure but i think it was enough
little bit of water...didn't really measure
Is your whey by any chance sweetened with Stevia or something of that sort? I don't see ANY reason why it would have been bitter...

user98511001541
06-07-2008, 01:14 AM
8 TBSP milled flax seed
1 tsp coacoa powder
sweetner/cinnamon to taste

1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg
1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 TBSP vanilla

mix dry, mix wet, combine, bake in oven for 8 minutes :)

Big_Pete1000
06-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Alrighty i just made the brownie using the original recipe in the first post. I used body fortress whey (not the greatest---i'm broke) but the brownie tasted good i thought. thanks for recipe

xXBoStErXx
06-12-2008, 05:08 AM
8 TBSP milled flax seed
1 tsp coacoa powder
sweetner/cinnamon to taste

1 TBSP olive oil
1 egg
1 TBSP heavy whipping cream
1 TBSP vanilla

mix dry, mix wet, combine, bake in oven for 8 minutes :)

The only problem with that is its not really a protein source, and mainly fat.

It sounds good, but i think the OP intended something that could be used as a major protein source.

But.. Has any1 tried using olive oil in the muffins yet? To make them fluffier? I will try today :)

gainmusclefast
07-15-2008, 12:13 PM
i did

1 scoop whey
10g sugar free chocolate pudding mix
splenda
1/4 tsp baking powder
2oz water

it tasted pretty good but it didnt really rise up, how do you get em to rise?

GBA
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
5 star thread.. I just made the best brownie I've ever had in my life. No joke.

2 tbsp Hershey's special dark cocoa powder
18 drops liquid stevia
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
walnuts
heavy cream (~1/4 cup)

bake in cupcake tray ~10 min at 375. made 3 brownies

the recipe I used:
1 scoop protein
2 tbspn cocoa powder
3 packs splenda
1 tbspn pb

repped

Rhys26
08-03-2008, 06:39 AM
I dont think we have those sugar free puddings in Aus so will have to try a variation.

Great idea Joe

BigBigTony
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM
I just got through whipping up a batch of "modified" jcbruin's brownies and I'm waiting for the oven to preheat right now, but I had to post.

I tasted the batter and i'll tell ya, it's better than any "real" brownie batter i have ever had. i'll admit, i had my wife (who is an excellent cook) give me a pointer or two. My kids even thought it tasted awesome. they licked the bowl clean.

Recipe as follows:
2 scoops ON chocolate 100% whey
4 Tbspn cocoa powder
4 Tbspn splenda
3 Tbspn PB
4 Tbspn half and half
2% milk till consistency was "batter-like" (about 1/2-3/4 cup)
2 tspn baking powder
2 tspn olive oil

Mixed it up vigorously with just a spoon. If the brownie doesn't turn out. I will make this again and just eat the batter. Pics and results to follow. Reps for everyone who helped with the development.

PS-we aren't even on a keto diet. just trying to replace some of the "bad carbs" around here and both kids are athletes and could use a little more protein and a little less sugar.

BigBigTony
08-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Baked for 10 mins then checked and toothpick came up wet, so I checked every two minutes and took brownies out after about 18 minutes total. Was cooking in 8 x 8 pyrex glass pan coated with a very thin layer of non-stick spray.

Anyway, the taste was good , but were like eating a mouth full of sand.

Making a new batch tomorrow. Wife says must add signifigantly more oil and an egg or two. (when she bakes regular brownies in same pan she says more like 1/3 cup oil)

Will post pics when I get a chance.

tblake87
08-21-2008, 10:10 AM
So I didn't have any chocolate whey around so I decided to give vanilla a try with vanilla pudding mix(fat free). Turned out pretty good actually. Threw a few peanuts in there and topped it off with some whipped cream and it was the perfect post workout meal. Thanks for the recipe! :)

TinaBee
08-28-2008, 11:26 AM
not what I intended to make but good none the less...

I don't do keto but I enjoy eating more then drinking so i am always looking for a way to eat my protein haha

but anyway I did

1 scoop zero carb graham crack
1 whole egg
2 tablespoons water
1/2 tps baking soda
a little cinnamon and splenda

I had intended to add 1/4 cup apple sauce but it had gone bad so i couldn't

but anyway I baked it at 350 for 10 mins and it kinda came out like a coffee cake and was pretty decent a little dry but thats why i wanted the apple sauce

sooo since it tasted like a coffee cake anyway I made a cup of vanilla chai green tea and dipped away.... it was yummy like that :-)

TinaBee
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
So I reattempted this w/ applesauce and omg it was delicious and sooo moist. I also made a chocolate peanut butter brownie that I haven't tried yet but it smells great and came out of the cake mold nice and squishy so I think it will be good. It will definately become a new favorite way to get protein for me haha.

(fatty is happy to get to eat cake and brownies!)

you need 1 egg white 1/2 tsp baking powder 1-2 tablespoons water 2 heaping tablespoons of applesauce per scoop of protein...play around w/ it depending on your protein.

sbh2082
09-04-2008, 08:38 PM
So I reattempted this w/ applesauce and omg it was delicious and sooo moist. I also made a chocolate peanut butter brownie that I haven't tried yet but it smells great and came out of the cake mold nice and squishy so I think it will be good. It will definately become a new favorite way to get protein for me haha.

(fatty is happy to get to eat cake and brownies!)

you need 1 egg white 1/2 tsp baking powder 1-2 tablespoons water 2 heaping tablespoons of applesauce per scoop of protein...play around w/ it depending on your protein.

You can replace the applesauce with pumpkin too and also taste great and is super moist.

Groove72
10-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I tried one of the recipes listed above last night, and it was alright, but not great. It wasn't sweet enough. It was one of the recipes that didn't use pudding, but instead uses cocoa. Tonight, I modified the recipe, and added the sugar/fat free Jello chocolate pudding along with cocoa. I also looked up ingredients that make brownies moist, and people suggested mayonnaise, so I tried that too. I microwaved it for 75 seconds in one of those square Tupperware containers that is about 5 x 5. It came out money! My son wanted a taste, and he liked it too. I used Scivation whey, which isn't as sweet as ON Double Rich Chocolate. If you use ON, you can probably use less Splenda. Next time I make it, I want to limit the pudding mix, since that is where the carbs come from.

Recipe:
1 scoop Chocolate Scivation Whey
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar free, fat free chocolate pudding
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 packs of Splenda
2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp mayonnaise

Mix all dry and wet ingredients in a separate bowls. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and mix thoroughly. Microwave for 75 seconds.

bambifox
10-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Mmmmmm...looks good...don't have sf/ff jello pudding, but will buy some from the store today. Gonna try this out tonight. Will report findings. Thanks:)

I tried one of the recipes listed above last night, and it was alright, but not great. It wasn't sweet enough. It was one of the recipes that didn't use pudding, but instead uses cocoa. Tonight, I modified the recipe, and added the sugar/fat free Jello chocolate pudding along with cocoa. I also looked up ingredients that make brownies moist, and people suggested mayonnaise, so I tried that too. I microwaved it for 75 seconds in one of those square Tupperware containers that is about 5 x 5. It came out money! My son wanted a taste, and he liked it too. I used Scivation whey, which isn't as sweet as ON Double Rich Chocolate. If you use ON, you can probably use less Splenda. Next time I make it, I want to limit the pudding mix, since that is where the carbs come from.

Recipe:
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 packs of Splenda
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp mayonnaise

Mix all dry and wet ingredients in a separate bowls. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and mix thoroughly. Microwave for 75 seconds.

joeflex73
12-18-2008, 12:16 AM
ninja~

WaltThizzney
02-26-2009, 02:40 PM
I just made a creation. This is what I used

1 tablespoon Almond Peanut Butter
2 1/2 scoops of Vanilla Whey
1 tablespoon of Flax seed
1 table spoon of sugar free metamucil
pinch of grounded coffee beans
1 whole egg
around 100ml of egg whites
1 tablespoon baking powder

Turned out pretty good ill take some pics

Put in toaster oven at 270 until looked like it was ready

Obnoxious123
03-09-2009, 02:42 PM

In a bowl:

I did this, but drizzled sugar free hershey's chocolate syrup on it, and used banana flavored protein powder (dymatize elite 12 hour)

this is awesome..

ad08
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
any good recipes for someone on fatloss?

Josh81
03-12-2009, 06:10 AM
1 1/2 scoops of protein
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 TSP vanilla extract
2 TSP cocoa
1 TSP baking powder
6 packets of splenda, sprinkle some splenda on the top after they are finished

they were great but it would be awesome if we could add some more fat in there somehow

WaltThizzney
03-12-2009, 07:42 PM
^ try some pb

Josh81
03-13-2009, 07:27 AM
^ try some pb

i actually added some smart balance butter ( i love this stuff...a bunch of healthy fats in there too) and they came out even better

this stuff tastes and smells like cake batter when its not cooked....we could probably make a protein cake somehow lol

Sky22
03-14-2009, 05:50 PM
YUM...just made this with Rocky Road whey and some unsweetened coconut flakes...added to, of course the main ingredients to this recipe, and i love it. It is dry but man it's good. Filling too.

Thank you! Reps

taarak
03-15-2009, 03:13 PM
Go easy on chocolate & cocoa guys. They contain :
* Theobromine - the 'active' ingredient is a neurotoxin.
* Pharmacological substances such as n-acetylethanolamines that are related to cannabis (marijuana),
* Compounds that stimulate the brain to release an opiate-like substance called anandamide.

Baking powder has aluminium - A blood toxin. Use appropriate amount of baking soda instead.
Soak the nuts / wet the flaxseed over night if you are using them.
And avoid artificial sweeteners (splenda etc).
Instead of olive oil, whipping cream / virgin coconut oil / butter are better choices as they do not adversely impact the omega 3: omega 6 EFA ratio.

Josh81
03-26-2009, 09:06 AM
how do you guys get this to stay together?

it's delicious whenever i make it but i have to eat it with a fork

btw : try the splenda w/ fiber packets....tastes EXACTLY the same and fiber

Moose46
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
btw : try the splenda w/ fiber packets....tastes EXACTLY the same and fiber

maybe in brownies but in coffee I noticed a very distinct difference

splatter00
04-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I just tried this and had an orgasm in my mouth.

1 1/2 tbs jello mix
2 scoops choc pro5 (50g protein total)
2 packets splenda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup water
Pamed the bowl
Then added two spoonfulls coolwhip lite on top.. Microwaved 60 seconds, very moist and amazing.. deff a once a week desert.

daviess
04-21-2009, 12:13 PM
hey guys remem splenda and cocoa powder still contains carbs, and some of the other ingredients.
so watch how many u eat at once ;)

Go easy on chocolate & cocoa guys. They contain :
* Theobromine - the 'active' ingredient is a neurotoxin.
* Pharmacological substances such as n-acetylethanolamines that are related to cannabis (marijuana),
* Compounds that stimulate the brain to release an opiate-like substance called anandamide.

lol

prdfy
04-27-2009, 02:54 PM
Has anyone tried using Dymatize 12-hour protein to make their brownie? I have tried all the recipe suggestions and no matter what, it always comes out like a pancake. It raises good in the microwave but then falls flat. Using a dymatize whey produces very good brownie cake, but I?d like to use the 12-hour before bed.

kkotecki10
04-28-2009, 05:01 PM
So I just tried this and had two problems
1) spongy as hell
2) made me wanna throw up. the aftertaste of the protein was much more pronounced. I'd rather drink it than this

here was my recipe
3 tbs protein EAS premium blend(I don't have my scooper)
1/4 tsp canola oil
1/3 c water
1 tsp girindeli's sweet cocoa powder.

maybe I should throw in some PB? but the taste really killed me I had to just down it with a ****load of water.

Still2Phat
06-21-2009, 06:49 AM
first I was amazed by the idea of having a brownie without sugar but than I did some reading and changed my mind about microwaving aspartame (in the jell-o). anything else I could use to give it some volume?

AndrewCa
06-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Here's a tip while making protein brownies. Add a scoop of whey plus 1 egg mix them together add 2tbs of butter to make it taste rich and microwave it only for 40 sec. It'll come out moist and damn friggin good.

spak
06-28-2009, 08:44 PM
holy crap, looks like i am going to have to buy more natty PB. I just made one the way the scivation guy does it in his video.

1 scoop whey
2 tbsp natty pb
water till a decent consistency is reached.

popped in in the micro for a minute, was amazing. I even used strawberry ON whey and it was awesome.

P90xPETE
06-28-2009, 09:08 PM
My recipe of choice...

2 scoops scivation chocolate whey
2 packet of splenda + fiber
enough water to make it slightly runny
a few drops of peppermint extract

after you mix this swirl in 32g of Natural peanut butter.

Nuke for 40 sec. Peppermint chocolate peanut butter swirl brownie goodness!

abergirl
06-29-2009, 09:45 AM
So I just tried this and had two problems
1) spongy as hell
2) made me wanna throw up. the aftertaste of the protein was much more pronounced. I'd rather drink it than this

here was my recipe
3 tbs protein EAS premium blend(I don't have my scooper)
1/4 tsp canola oil
1/3 c water
1 tsp girindeli's sweet cocoa powder.

maybe I should throw in some PB? but the taste really killed me I had to just down it with a ****load of water.

i also use EAS protein powder and it tasted absolutely nasty. i agree with the spongy texture, i gagged a little after trying it.

tastes MUCH better with equal ratios of sf/ff chocolate pudding.

abergirl
06-30-2009, 10:02 AM
I used this:

1 scoop EAS chocolate whey
2 T. ground flaxseed
1 T. hershey's unsweetened cocoa
~1/2 packet stevia
1% milk to moisten
pinch of baking powder

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/920/josparty035.jpg

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/5571/josparty037.jpg

super dry (rose in the microwave at least!). maybe i will add some peanut butter or something next time? when i add an egg the texture completely changes, but it turns more rubbery than anything. sf/ff chocolate pudding moistens up the brownie really nicely..i need to go get more of that stuff.

previous attempt: (when you add too much liquid, and it just collapses in the microwave)

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7015/josparty083.jpg

Gettingthere69
07-01-2009, 10:21 AM
to those who are successful with this what protein are you using? brand? whey? etc

I primarily use MM light (lactose free for me!) for my pro shakes...

would love to give this a try tonight or tomorrow.

Gettingthere69
07-01-2009, 10:27 AM

Recipe:
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
5 packs of Splenda
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp mayonnaise

duh, I didnt even think of mayo! thats perfect for keto, im gonna try this recipe, minus the cocoa since my PP is sweet, tomorrow (or maybe today if I can get my ass to the store for the pudding mix) and post results.

Gettingthere69
07-02-2009, 07:50 AM
probably my PP.

I did this:

scoop of choc milk MM light
1 tbs of natty pb
1/2 tsp of mayo
1 tbs f heavy cream
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbs ff choc sugar free pudding mix
3 tbs of water

the mix was yummy! I'm gonna use it to make choc covered almonds, but once it was cooked, I had to toss it yuk, was chewy, gross just not good :( It would also be good to put as a 'frosting' on your plain boring Pro pancakes

oh well.

the mix was nummy though!

CrossfitBJJ
07-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Guess whos having a snack tonight. :D

confidenceNsuccess
03-14-2010, 12:26 PM
Just made me some,

http://i42.tinypic.com/2agrj0l.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/xc281y.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2q317ra.jpg

JZroc
03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
looks like poop

ronando710
03-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Hey everyone I'm still looking for a place to get mirrors for my home gym if anyone knows anything, please help!!!

Josh81
11-18-2010, 07:27 AM
http://imgur.com/e9ebd.jpg

this is by far the best concoction i've made, altering all the other recipies in the protein brownie thread until i made a perfect one

the white flecks on the top are splenda i sprinkled on to finish the product

blkbelt42
11-18-2010, 07:30 AM
http://imgur.com/e9ebd.jpg

this is by far the best concoction i've made, altering all the other recipies in the protein brownie thread until i made a perfect one

the white flecks on the top are splenda i sprinkled on to finish the product
post exactly what you did or negs4life!! :D

Josh81
11-18-2010, 07:32 AM
post exactly what you did or negs4life!! :D

2 scoops of myofusion
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 TSP vanilla extract
2 TSP Hershey cocoa powder
1 TSP baking powder
3 tsps of butter
1/4 cup of splenda

10 mins @ 375

elsielefe
11-18-2010, 10:53 PM
The recipe are great and delicious. Thank you for the recipe.

blkbelt42
11-19-2010, 01:23 AM
2 scoops of myofusion
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 TSP vanilla extract
2 TSP Hershey cocoa powder
1 TSP baking powder
3 tsps of butter
1/4 cup of splenda

10 mins @ 375
thx. repped!

half_time
12-12-2010, 11:40 AM
nice work. these look real good. possibly top with cream cheese?

TomBremner
12-17-2010, 05:46 PM
try adding a 1/4 tsp xantham gum, it makes it a little gooey-er

Sith Emperor
12-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Do you just mix this all in a bowl and then pour it onto a pan?

TomBremner
12-17-2010, 09:02 PM
thats what i do, i sprayed the pan with pam for the 1st time like 10 minutes ago, i dont reccomend it. it didnt get crunchy/fluffy enough this way, not sure why

Sith Emperor
12-18-2010, 12:54 AM
Anyone know the nutrition facts of the most recent recipe?

TomBremner
12-18-2010, 09:47 AM
mine was something like
1.5 scoops protein-200 cal, 34G protein 4G carbs
1tsp baking powder-0
1/2 tsp xantham gum- 100% fiber, cant remember how many grams tho...
2tsp cinnamon
3 packets truvia

so its basicaly the protein powder and cinnamon plus some fiber

ivanthegreat
12-26-2010, 08:02 PM
I just did my 1st attempt. Not bad.

Pro: 33g, Fat: 28.5g, Carb: 10g net 450 cal

1 scoop ON Cookies & Cream Whey Protein
2 tbsp whipping cream
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
3 tbsp Hershey’s Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
3 packets Splenda
1/2 cup water
1 tsp baking powder

Tasted great. I'm sure it will look better next time with a better pan or bowl.

http://turpinfitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/wheybrownie3-300x225.jpg

addictR3
12-26-2010, 09:10 PM
No pic yet; but try this..

1 yolk
2 egg whites
1 scoop of whey
1 tsp of PB or Almond butter
(Whisk or get a spoon and mix)

Microwave; 1min - (let it sit for 30 seconds) than increase by 10 seconds and check each time, make sure its not a brick.

Depending on the whey used, low carbs - high Protein and fats :)

csbrown147
12-29-2010, 06:17 PM
The pics look good. But mine never turn out so well. I guess its jus alot of trial and error. Practice makes perfect.

Nadolax
01-06-2011, 08:46 PM
tastes like ass but was my first attempt, will try again tomorrow. I kind of mixed up the tbsp with the TSP..

chanda101
01-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I just made these brownies! They are freakn awesome....perfect way to satisfy my sweet tooth without wrecking my diet

atwses
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Looks pretty good. Can't wait to give it a shot next week!

Danielalpha
10-24-2012, 12:51 PM
Microwave for 10 seconds, then mix it up and microwave again for 15 seconds makes a nice pudding! Cook it for about 5-7 seconds longer for a brownie

Chette18
11-17-2012, 06:00 AM
2 scoops of chocolate whey protein
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of jell-o sugar free chocolate fudge pudding
1/3c of water

mix all the ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl. Once the ingredients are blended and batter like you can add other things to it (nuts etc.). Once prepared, 60-75 seconds in the microwave. Itll rise in the microwave, making a nice sized brownie. Let it cool if youd like to add a sugar free topping.

Considering it as 1 serving...these values will vary a bit with your protein powder....
40g of protein
12g of carbs
3g of fat

this is actually bomb! Easy to make and tasty :d