PDA

View Full Version : Cream Cheese "candy"

deadfingers
12-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Well this is sort of a variation of the other recipe I posted in here for Peanut Butter candy. It's a spin off of what most people usually do for a cream cheese dessert.

Ingredients:

8oz of Cream Cheese
1 Tablespoon of Butter
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
Sweetener of choice (I used 10 packets of Xylitol)

Basically mix the cream cheese and butter together in a bowl. Heat it up for a minute or so, mix, and heat up until it becomes a thick liquid. Mix it pretty good so it all mixes in nicely. After it's mixed in all good, put in the teaspoon of Vanilla extract and teaspoon of Cinnamon. It tasted like some sort of cake frosting warm, I poured it into some cupcake tins and it's in the freezer. I'm hoping it's better in the fridge. I added an almond to each one on top just for looks. Overall not sure what the cals and stuff are, I'm calculating all of that. Total carbs I guess come from the Cream cheese which was 1g of carb per ounce, so 8 carbs for the whole thing.

*Edit* Tried it cold, it's good but it tastes sweeter when it's hot, needless to say it will cure your sweet tooth and it's very low carb.

Lax891122
04-07-2008, 04:32 PM
trying this for SURE today.

randyrock
04-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Im going to try this tomorrow but add 1 packet of gelatin and 2 tbsp cocoa powder

deadfingers
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Let me know how it goes, I wish this stuff would harden up pretty good but it's mostly soft and melts easily when you take it out of the freezer.

Tootella
04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
i take cream cheese, i usually do a very small amount (1/4 cup) and add just a little bit of sugar free jello powder to it. Just i don't even think you need to add a tsp to it. I don't measure, i just know it's a small amount. Then i add a little bit of splenda. It's awesome. So far, my favorite is with black cherry jello mix. It tastes so cherry and creamilicious. Like cherry cheesecake ice cream YUM!

the whole thing takes a total of 5 seconds and it's ready to eat.

120 calories!

Lax891122
04-07-2008, 09:25 PM
I might add a half scoop of whey into it or something.

8oz cream cheese
1/2 scoop ON chocolate whey(extreme milk chocolate)
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1tbsp butter
splenda to taste.. starting at 5 packets

But that could be kinda gross.

I wonder if I could mix this with some heavy cream and almost make a kinda creme brulee type thing.

Lax891122
04-07-2008, 10:57 PM
Amazing. it tastes like homemade carrot cake frosting to me.

kev.sherman
05-05-2008, 10:42 PM
I added 2 tblspn of heavy cream and result was excellent .
also 1 TBLSPN ea of cinnamon and vanilla instead of 1 tsp ea .

kev.sherman
05-22-2008, 08:32 AM
Also this is GREAT as a topping for the flax meal bread ..

warm ..

cold it was not so great

tkroro
01-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I used Salted Butter...and I think that was a mistake, because I ended up having to use almost a whole cup of Splenda to sweeten it up. Did anyone else use Salted Butter? In the end it did taste good (warm), like the other poster said, tasted like 'carrot cake icing'. They're in the freezer now- will post my review on the frozen outcome.