PDA

View Full Version : my diet strategy

kirkland
10-29-2001, 08:50 AM
hey guys,

this is my first post. i figured i'd share my diet strategy with you guys and you can critique me. i'm a big boy, so don't worry about insulting me :)

through sept and october i was in a mass-building phase and put on approx 5-8 lbs, rough estimate. my back, upper pecs and delts have improved significantly. i'm gonna have a friend of mine take some pictures w/ his digital camera so i can monitor my progress. one area i'm definitely lacking in however is leg development, but i figure the amount of cardio i'll be doing will help in that plus i'll have a good leg workout during the week with the weights.

40 minutes of cardio 6x a week in the AM. I take xenadrine by cytodyne twice a day, 30 minutes before AM workout and about 30-45 mins before afternoon workout. i'm goign to train in the afternoon with lighter weight and hi reps to help out the fat burning process.

i eat some carbs in the AM and try to curb them by the days end. except after training in the evenings, where i'll have some carbs, i won't be eating any snacky sugary foods or anything of that nature. i'm also going to consume about 200gm +/- a few of protein a day to help ensure that i'm not tapping into my hard-earned muscle for energy.

my goal is to lose about 2-2.5 lbs a week until christmas, which would land me at about 200lbs total bodyweight. I am 6'2" and 21 years old.

Is this too extreme? Am I on the right track? I've lost weight many times before in my life, but this time the goal is to get completely shredded, not just lose fat.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

taqi
04-22-2010, 10:49 PM
hey man ...

it is a normal equation,, first u ahve to atleast consume 6 meals a day ,,, 3 solid ones and 3 shakes,,add some carbs at am time but nothing past 5 pm.... the sorce of ur carb will make a difference though use vtargo its the best ****...cardio is thekey thing in looking good .. one hour everyday is essential in loon good,, swet some of ur fat out ,u know what i mean.what ur doing is fine , just make sure u dont drop below 250gm proteen daily.u can get on some fat burners too if u like that would help alot ,, u also have to start drinking water more than u use to ,,

good luck

xxjoker12
05-28-2010, 11:56 AM
hey man ...

it is a normal equation,, first u ahve to atleast consume 6 meals a day ,,, 3 solid ones and 3 shakes,,add some carbs at am time but nothing past 5 pm.... the sorce of ur carb will make a difference though use vtargo its the best ****...cardio is thekey thing in looking good .. one hour everyday is essential in loon good,, swet some of ur fat out ,u know what i mean.what ur doing is fine , just make sure u dont drop below 250gm proteen daily.u can get on some fat burners too if u like that would help alot ,, u also have to start drinking water more than u use to ,,

good luck

i drink a protein shake when i wake up and after i workout which in most cases is around 4ish and i take my last shake in before i go to sleep 30 mins after i take my cell mass is this fine?

sgtpepper1972
09-29-2010, 02:38 AM
G I is the way to go! try it ..if you combine it with walking .

sofia23
09-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Thanks for another key to fight temptations for foods.

andregregoire
11-18-2010, 06:26 AM
If you want to get shredded you are going to have to plan things out way more then just saying you will "try" to cut carbs by end of day.

Lay out a full diet plan and then we can critique it. Losing 2-2.5lbs per week of FAT isn't something that happens accidentally it requires careful planning and an appropriate caloric deficit.

Besides that I would stick to heavy weight lifting, high reps don't burn that much more calories plus you won't maintain as much muscle or burn as much calories recuperating from high reps.

drewott
11-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Squat!

dmanes778
11-18-2010, 09:51 AM
hey man ...

good luck

Thanks for the information, it will really useful for me to overcome by doubts :)

danieljj
12-27-2010, 11:44 AM
carbohydrate has to be slashed to enable the body to use fat for energy which is the first and most obvious rule! secondly your fat intake should be good fats or more specifically.
your monounsaturated your essential fatty acids your polyunsaturates and your superunsaturates or omega 3s.....so oily fish sesame seeds pumpkin seeds FLAX SEEDOIL.
These will actually serve to speed up metabolism and increase performance in the gym.

Thirdly your protein uptake shold be slightly increased-one because it is used in the process of gluconeogenesis which means it will prevent muscle loss due to the fact that some can be turned into glucose incase you 'run over'.kind of like a backup store,a sort of just incase fuel.
and two-protein is a thermogenic which means when it heats the body up and increases metabolism....it takes 30% of the energy gained from protein just to digest it..compared to carbohydrates 5% (thats why i reccomend taking in less protein in a building diet...(i know sounds mad)

e.g breakfast porridge oats 90g, 30g chopped banana,8g of ground flaxseed sprinkled.
mug of oolong tea...but the measurements depend on your weight, but you get the idea...

LukeElliott69
12-27-2010, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=taqi;480694141]hey man ...
cardio is thekey thing in looking good .. one hour everyday is essential in looking good.

is 1 hour every day really that essential, if i don't do 1 hour a day will i not be able to get shredded ?

th3pwn3r
12-27-2010, 12:01 PM
is 1 hour every day really that essential, if i don't do 1 hour a day will i not be able to get shredded ?

Ignore that, people say the dumbest things on the internet.

csb5731
12-27-2010, 02:09 PM
A far more important question:

How, and why, do decade old posts get bumped?

Maxyp123
05-28-2013, 10:28 AM
hey man ...

good luck

Just seen this guys post and this reply nice to see someone be genuine and nice with a reply, to many times you get the people that have been there done that and become arrogant fair play to you TAQI!!

Relomy
05-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Just seen this guys post and this reply nice to see someone be genuine and nice with a reply, to many times you get the people that have been there done that and become arrogant fair play to you TAQI!!

Unfortunately, you have to wade through awful English and then you find almost all of his information is wrong. Was it necessary to bump a 2+ year old thread? The post you quoted originally bumped an almost decade old thread.

Mdenatale
05-28-2013, 10:59 AM
LOL this is awesome. A compliment to a response from 3 years ago that was completely wrong. Not to mention the time between the OP and the first response was almost 10 years!!

mediumraw
05-28-2013, 11:59 AM

strong bump

builttodefend
06-07-2013, 05:51 AM
pls help,im starting again iam 18 65kgs and people had started to give up on me,but i know i will be able to grow,im really confused on the diet part,you people are going to help i know...heres what im doin,cant afford a 6 meal as im a college student,pls come up with suggestions and advice

my workout starts at 5:20 in the morning and streaches for about 2and a half hours
1 scoop whey,3 egg whites(after workout)
oats or bulgar(mid morning)
2 chapatis with vegetable(after noon)
3 egg whites(evening)
boiled chickn,with salad and les lentilles(dinner)
hoping that you people would solve my problem...thanx