PDA

View Full Version : Pats Regular Season Winning Streak

Negatron617
12-24-2007, 09:39 PM
they just tied their own record at 18, i believe the steelers might have had the 3rd longest regular season win streak at 17 or some****......both feats have been done this millenium and combine that with the fact that they have also won multiple superbowls at the same time.....then I see not how one may deny that thy Patriots are a dynasty

just postin'

beer n brats
12-24-2007, 09:43 PM
i dont know how someone would think they are not a dynasty. the so called feat for that is at LEAST 3 or more championships in at LEAST 4 years. their the 5th nfl dynasty.

thecooleric
12-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Who is saying they aren't a dynasty?

kethnaab
12-24-2007, 09:46 PM
If the Pats win the SB this year, it'll be their 4th in 7 years, 2nd only to the Steelers who had 4 in 6 years.

Who would deny that they are a dynasty?

Negatron617
12-24-2007, 09:46 PM
multitutes of people.....namely haters....i wonder if there was already a poll on this

thecooleric
12-24-2007, 09:55 PM
multitutes of people.....namely haters....i wonder if there was already a poll on this

Anybody, no matter how much of a hater, would be very stupid to say that they aren't a dynasty. They were a dynasty before this season, and now they have a good shot at winning 2 more consecutive titles.

BigDreams21
12-24-2007, 09:55 PM
This topic has been beaten to death.

Many people claim the Pats to not be a dynasty because their roster has undergone so many changes between their Super Bowls, and even more changes up until present time.

KingCanuck
12-24-2007, 10:22 PM
Doesn't change the fact that they _______.

Veeshmack
12-24-2007, 10:26 PM
So if you're already a dynasty, what comes next?

weakguy
12-24-2007, 11:08 PM
So if you're already a dynasty, what comes next? i see what you did there

BigDreams21
12-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Doesn't change the fact that they _______.
I sea what you did there.

Huse
12-25-2007, 04:09 AM
This topic has been beaten to death.

Many people claim the Pats to not be a dynasty because their roster has undergone so many changes between their Super Bowls, and even more changes up until present time.

When you say many people, you really mean yourself in some other random thread that I believe you created. Their core is the same, they have a huge roster, get over it.

stone fox
12-25-2007, 05:41 AM
So if you're already a dynasty, what comes next?

Empire?

ray mercer
12-25-2007, 07:00 AM
New England may be in trouble in the playoffs. In my opinion they are definitely playing the Jags in the divisional round. The Jags will likely lose but they will put an absolute beating on that old New Engalnd Defence. Jones drew and Taylor will pound the ball and the Pats will come out hurtin' big time. This leaves them ripe for the picking when the Colts roll into town. When you play the Jags you never come out unscathed and New England will be pretty battered should they win. You never know, if the weather is poor the Jags could very well pull off the upset. I know as a Colts fan I would rather meet the Chargers before the Pats than the Jags.

SantaKLAWZ
12-25-2007, 07:03 AM
^

It won't be a cakewalk to the Super Bowl for the Pats, that's for sure.

The AFC is extremely tough as usual.

Veeshmack
12-25-2007, 08:08 AM
Empire?

can a football team be considered an empire? for some reason it doesnt click in my head.
maybe they become legendary?

i unno, i saw it on the Joe's Diner commercial on NFL Network

c0ncept-2
12-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Looking for some insight here, not trying to bash anyone. Was wondering if people think their status of dynasty would be more accepted and not bashed had they won more convincingly in their SBs. A win is a win, but would winning like Tampa Bay did a few years ago make people give them more credit? Is it the fact that they were close games decided by FG that make some people hate?

c0ncept-2
12-25-2007, 08:44 AM
New England may be in trouble in the playoffs. In my opinion they are definitely playing the Jags in the divisional round. The Jags will likely lose but they will put an absolute beating on that old New Engalnd Defence. Jones drew and Taylor will pound the ball and the Pats will come out hurtin' big time. This leaves them ripe for the picking when the Colts roll into town. When you play the Jags you never come out unscathed and New England will be pretty battered should they win. You never know, if the weather is poor the Jags could very well pull off the upset. I know as a Colts fan I would rather meet the Chargers before the Pats than the Jags.

I agree with the Jags being a tough and physical team to play. Both Jax and SD are not going to be easy teams to beat maily because of their run games. If they get out to a quick lead, the run only helps them run the clock and get more points on the board, and Run D has troubled New England and Indy.

Veeshmack
12-25-2007, 08:46 AM
Looking for some insight here, not trying to bash anyone. Was wondering if people think their status of dynasty would be more accepted and not bashed had they won more convincingly in their SBs. A win is a win, but would winning like Tampa Bay did a few years ago make people give them more credit? Is it the fact that they were close games decided by FG that make some people hate?

no, people just tend to hate on teams that are seen to be as a sure win
most people would rather see an underdog win, like me, i hate the patriots, i know they got like a high chance of winning the super bowl, but that doesnt mean i'm gonna like them
i'd rather see some random team run them into the ground, the odds of that happening are not very likely tho

Huse
12-25-2007, 08:49 AM
most people would rather see an underdog win, like me, i hate the patriots, i know they got like a high chance of winning the super bowl, but that doesnt mean i'm gonna like them
i'd rather see some random team run them into the ground, the odds of that happening are not very likely tho

It's funny because the Pats started their run as being one of the biggest underdogs in football history beating the Rams

c0ncept-2
12-25-2007, 08:50 AM

Maybe this will be the year of the NFC. Dallas has proved they can hang with them. Green Bay has firepower, although somewhat inconsistent, but for some bad reason I see them getting blown out by NE.

Veeshmack
12-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Maybe this will be the year of the NFC. Dallas has proved they can hang with them. Green Bay has firepower, although somewhat inconsistent, but for some bad reason I see them getting blown out by NE.

yea, there are only a few teams in the playoffs that i can see coming out and beating NE in possibly a close game

Jaguars if their Offense keeps rolling and their defense can pressure brady
Cowboys will just find a way hopefully
Colts, well, i've lost all hope in the colts when they played the chargers

Negatron617
12-25-2007, 09:31 AM
i cant take the jags too seriously
this year they were supposed to beat the colts cuz they will pound the colts to death and play great D....what happened when they actually met when the Jags actually had to step up to a major challenge? they folded.....they folded very easil and twice if im not mistaken
sure they lost garrard in one of the games but the score was already outta hand
im just sayin.....they should give us a run for our money, but they also were supposed to beat the colts and they didnt even get close to it

.fedale.
12-25-2007, 10:35 AM
i cant take the jags too seriously
this year they were supposed to beat the colts cuz they will pound the colts to death and play great D....what happened when they actually met when the Jags actually had to step up to a major challenge? they folded.....they folded very easil and twice if im not mistaken
sure they lost garrard in one of the games but the score was already outta hand
im just sayin.....they should give us a run for our money, but they also were supposed to beat the colts and they didnt even get close to it

Things change in rematches...

Teams don't play the same against every team.

Hence Ravens getting beat by basically every team... and then giving the Patriots a run.

ray mercer
12-25-2007, 09:42 PM
I don't think the Jags will win, but they will definitely inflict damage on that defence. New England are old and they will definitely be hurtin' after the game.

Huse
12-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I don't think the Jags will win, but they will definitely inflict damage on that defence. New England are old and they will definitely be hurtin' after the game.

Good thing that Indy will have a walk in the park against Pittsburgh, famed for being a very unphysical team.

Spuddy
12-25-2007, 09:58 PM

new england injured the quarterbacks of the first 3 teams they played this season, and they are one of the physically largest lines in the entire league.. trust me, they wont be hurting. if anything, the jags will be limping away

ray mercer
12-26-2007, 07:35 AM
Good thing that Indy will have a walk in the park against Pittsburgh, famed for being a very unphysical team.

Indy won't play the Steelers. They're going to end up playing SD at home in a game in which they will win. Fact of the matter is NE's defence are old and they will have to exert a lot to beat the Jags. It's stupid to say that the Jags aren't a physical team. They're strength lies in the run which NE is not the strongest at defending. If the weather is the ****s (ie. Bal,Jets) and Brady can't throw the ball it will be a close game.