PDA

View Full Version : **Chistmas Meal Thread**

Tussmann57
12-24-2007, 01:58 PM
My dinner:

2 Omaha Steaks wrapped in Bacon with a side of Mashed potatos and a glass of sparkling cider

920 calories, 44 grams of fat, 56 grams of protein

and it all fits into my macros. :)

post yours and whether or not you are staying in line with your diet, cheating, or going absolutely nuts...

matthor
12-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Nothign crazy on the table of thor tonight. Will be a spread of fresh prawns, bbq octopus, ham, salad (lettuce, tomato, capsicum, mushroom, carrot, curreid egg - love it), fresh bread. Might get some steak cooking if the weather improves but doubt it will be needed. Then dessert of pavlova w/ cream, fruit and ice cream.

So not in the diet but nothing too extravgant. Maybe some wine as well, shall see

iceblue01
12-24-2007, 02:09 PM
i'm sticking with the diet

xmas meal tomorrow will probably consist of the following:

boiled potatoes
turkey breast
carrots/cabbage

Aindreas
12-24-2007, 02:11 PM
We're having a goose, wild rice w/ gravy, asparagus, cranberry sauce, and some mystery dessert yet to be named.

matthor
12-24-2007, 02:13 PM
We're having a goose, wild rice w/ gravy, asparagus, cranberry sauce, and some mystery dessert yet to be named.

i bet some careful snooping could uncover the identity of this dessert, you could even hire some help
http://www.sdway.com/img/gang001a.jpg

BlueFenix13S
12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
Wild caught Atlantic salmon, honey glazed ham, red beans and rice, garlic mashed potatoes, southern green beans, tossed salad, wheat rolls, and apple cinnamon bundt cake for dessert.

lollerskatez
12-24-2007, 03:23 PM
broiled filet of sole and i made a mock guacamole (half avocado, some tomatoes and lemon) and a bigggg salad. oh and some asparagus :)

djansen
12-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Tonight my Dad is charcoal grilling any kind of seafood we want. I chose fresh ahi tuna and he is going to flash grill it so its nice and raw in the middle. I think i am going to use cajun spice. also grilled assparagas with evoo and sea salt. and thats all i know for now.

Ryan314
12-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Stromboli here :)

Wozz
12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Some ham, roast chicken, roast pork. Some sort of salad and a really tasty Peruvian dish that I can pronounce but if I try to spell I know i'll get it wrong! Got potatoe, olive, lettuce, some yellow sauce thats made from a plant that looks like weed (but isnt) and egg.

Will be a bit out of diet but I think I can make most of it fit in my macros!

Might also have a couple of 'low carb' beers

FullOut19
12-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Christmas Eve
tonights dinner though was roughly:
3oz lobster tail
6oz of salmon
4oz of crab meat
4oz of shrimp
the crab meat and salmon was like combined though with a little bit of provolone cheese and baked omg it was so good...everything else was steamed so im pretty sure it was still somewhat healthy...

Christmas Day however will be turkey, french onion loaf, potato's, christmas cookies, blueberry pie, ice-cream and w/e else i feel like eating that was made lol.

BlueFenix13S
12-24-2007, 05:48 PM
broiled filet of sole and i made a mock guacamole (half avocado, some tomatoes and lemon) and a bigggg salad. oh and some asparagus :)

No dessert? You gotta give in on x-mas at least :D

Spottydog
12-24-2007, 05:55 PM
fresh prawns, bbq octopus...

Tonight my Dad is charcoal grilling any kind of seafood we want. I chose fresh ahi tuna and he is going to flash grill it so its nice and raw in the middle. I think i am going to use cajun spice. also grilled assparagas with evoo and sea salt. and thats all i know for now.

YUM.

lollerskatez
12-24-2007, 06:10 PM
i had a chocolate mint pudding haha.

The Solution
12-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Since im cooking this year i got a little bit of everything.. and i went crazy on desserts and cookies -- hence i love to bake when i have a kitchen

Salmon, Ham, or Turkey for some meat
Baked/Mashed Potatoes and Yams
Stuffing and Gravy
Green Beans / Broccoli / Carrots
Fresh Rolls / Rice
Homemade Antipasto

Desserts:
Homemade Apple and Blueberry Pie
Carmel Corn -- Homeade
Drop Cookies ( with Hershey Kisses in the middle) / Choc Chip Cookies / Sugar Cookies with butternut fudge icing and crushed nuts on top
Fresh Fudge with Almonds
Choclate Covered Almonds / Walnuts
Choclate Covered pretzels w/ sprinkles
Pitzelles
Cutout Christmas Tree Cookies
Peanut Brittle

i hope that will feed the 4 people im feeding!!

Aindreas
12-24-2007, 06:18 PM
Desserts:
Carmel Corn -- Homeade
Drop Cookies ( with Hershey Kisses in the middle) / Choc Chip Cookies / Sugar Cookies with butternut fudge icing and crushed nuts on top
Fresh Fudge with Almonds
Pitzelles
Peanut Brittle

You sir are a god, pictures must be taken. :eek:

Sixpack
12-24-2007, 06:20 PM
I really don't believe you have any of this

Since im cooking this year i got a little bit of everything.. and i went crazy on desserts and cookies -- hence i love to bake when i have a kitchen

Salmon, Ham, or Turkey for some meat
Baked/Mashed Potatoes and Yams
Stuffing and Gravy
Green Beans / Broccoli / Carrots
Fresh Rolls / Rice
Homemade Antipasto

Desserts:
Carmel Corn -- Homeade
Fresh Fudge with Almonds
Pitzelles
Peanut Brittle

i hope that will feed the 4 people im feeding!!

The Solution
12-24-2007, 06:26 PM
You sir are a god, pictures must be taken. :eek:

ill grab a few right now, most of it is at my grandma's where the feast will be held such as the pies, and most of the cookies, but i have a few here for the little breakfast i prepare..

and yes sixpack i cooked all of this, my manager at the fine dining resturant i work out graduated college with a degree in baking, so me and her have been baking up a storm lately, she just works with me @ this resturant as a spare time job because she mostly does wedding cakes

also let me inform you that i wont be having this until my bro get home from pittsburgh which is on his birthday the 27th, so your going to have to give me some time as ive been having battery trouble with my phone, so ill see what i can do as far as pictures

Sixpack
12-24-2007, 06:27 PM
LB I believe you cooked it, I don't believe you will have any of it

ill grab a few right now, most of it is at my grandma's where the feast will be held such as the pies, and most of the cookies, but i have a few here for the little breakfast i prepare..

and yes sixpack i cooked all of this, my manager at the fine dining resturant i work out graduated college with a degree in baking, so me and her have been baking up a storm lately, she just works with me @ this resturant as a spare time job because she mostly does wedding cakes

matthor
12-24-2007, 06:52 PM

well if he dont want it - send it this way!

Sounds great Layzie, enjoy it - i hope you will, it is certainly earned

destin25
12-25-2007, 12:51 AM
i dont even know what my cals were tonight. dinner was pretty clean except for the dipping sauces, but when desert came it was non-stop cookies and more pie and ice cream then ive ever eatin before in my life.

Mango52
12-25-2007, 04:55 AM
Wild caught Atlantic salmon, honey glazed ham, red beans and rice, garlic mashed potatoes, southern green beans, tossed salad, wheat rolls, and apple cinnamon bundt cake for dessert.

damn, I'm coming over. lol

xl Achilles lx
12-25-2007, 05:28 AM
i dont even know what my cals were tonight. dinner was pretty clean except for the dipping sauces, but when desert came it was non-stop cookies and more pie and ice cream then ive ever eatin before in my life.

That's the only way to go IMO lol. Eat a nice dinner, but save room for all those home-made deserts! That's what I'm doin haha.

The Solution
12-25-2007, 06:27 AM

yeah prob not, my brothers friends, and family usually hop on all my goods because they love it. I usually send them out to all my family and friends and take a bunch with me back to school for friends and people @ the gym who i promised them i would bake for.. if there is antyhing left over ill save some for myself well see..

just focused on seeing family and friends.. and hoping I dont burn any of the food!

and Matthor sure ill bring you some.. how about u take a camera to the MCG and record the cricket match 2night for me! BOXING DAY IN AUSTRLIA! India vs Australia cricket! thats what im looking forward to on christmas :)

bobbybuilder1
12-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Beef with roast potatoes and all the trimmings/veg. Rather free for all over the next couple of day's at my house, I have already munched about 250g. of peanuts lmfao ^_^ Good job im bulking.

250g. dry roasted peanuts:

Nutrition Facts
Calories 1463(Kilojoules 6113)

% DV**
Total Fat 124.2 g 191%
Sat. Fat 17.2 g 86%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 15 mg 1%
Total Carbs. 53.8 g 18%
Dietary Fiber 20 g 80%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 59.2 g
Calcium 135 mg
Potassium 1645 mg
Note: A dash indicates no data is available.

Oops lmfao, I dont care.... I'll eat the other 750g. of the nuts later haha.

Thank's Bobby....

Mak7185
12-25-2007, 06:48 AM
yeah prob not, my brothers friends, and family usually hop on all my goods because they love it. I usually send them out to all my family and friends and take a bunch with me back to school for friends and people @ the gym who i promised them i would bake for.. if there is antyhing left over ill save some for myself well see..

just focused on seeing family and friends.. and hoping I dont burn any of the food!

and Matthor sure ill bring you some.. how about u take a camera to the MCG and record the cricket match 2night for me! BOXING DAY IN AUSTRLIA! India vs Australia cricket! thats what im looking forward to on christmas :)

AWW, Thats really sad. You just admitted that you are not going to indulge.... it's Christmas!

BlueFenix13S
12-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Rather free for all over the next couple of day's at my house, I have already munched about 250g. of peanuts lmfao ^_^ Good job im bulking.

Haha sounds like around here too. My parents have gotten 3 boxes of chocolates from relatives, 2 cookie platters from the neighbors, I made fudge the other day, and my mom is making more sugar cookies as I type. And let's not forget about that apple cake :D. It's INSANE! lol

k9nacl
12-25-2007, 08:08 AM
no offense, but i'm pretty sure i'll put all you guys to shame when i post a picture of all the stuff we baked.

PyroBurns
12-25-2007, 08:20 AM
So far had a can of garbanzo beans.

Coming up:
Chicken fajitas
Jalapeno Quinoa
Arroz Con Leche
Spanish Rice
More beans

Sixpack
12-25-2007, 08:23 AM
I figured you would not, the thread is about what you are EATING

xl Achilles lx
12-25-2007, 09:16 AM

lol, wow. Layzie not cheating...why does this not surprise me. Knowing him, he's going to have 4oz of chicken, some almonds and a sweet potato for X-mas dinner.

PatMac
12-25-2007, 09:18 AM
We have a pumpkin, apple and cherry pie made - none are going to last the day :D

-Aaron-
12-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Dirty Bulking for one day only!

Stuffing
Ham
Turkey
Potato's
Apple Pie
Green Bean Casserole
Ham Gravy

Now that I think about it, it really isn't cheating. :(

-Aaron-
12-25-2007, 09:47 AM

Have I mentioned you are my hero?

By the way, I'm making a petition for RootBeer flavored casein. :D

Jkurz1
12-25-2007, 09:51 AM
oh cmon...its xmas...no trainging......few vodkas, huge stew....deserts.........and then slam tonight popcorm, nuts, etc.........its x mas, ill stiill look better than 99%

iceblue01
12-25-2007, 10:01 AM
i ended up having:

small portion of mashed potatoes
chicken breast (avoided that stuffing!)
carrots/cabbage
a couple of roast potatoes

not too bad considering what was on offer

had that meal at 3pm and by 6pm i'm starving again, so out comes the true hereo... PROTEIN BAR!

1 protein bar a day is really what's saving me from going all out junk mode

Number1Dad
12-25-2007, 10:05 AM
My Mom is an amazing cook, but very traditional... which is good in the sense that she cooks everything from scratch, but bad in the sense that it's mostly saturated fat. I'm throwing my diet out the window for two days... the menu last night was hours d' vours and all the cookies and candy you could think of. This afternoon's menu:

-Deep Fried Turkey
-Mashed Potatoes
-Gravy
-Green Bean Casserole
-Dough Noodles
-Yeast Rolls
-Pumpkin Roll
-Various Fruit Salads
-More Cookies and Candy

bobbybuilder1
12-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Haha sounds like around here too. My parents have gotten 3 boxes of chocolates from relatives, 2 cookie platters from the neighbors, I made fudge the other day, and my mom is making more sugar cookies as I type. And let's not forget about that apple cake :D. It's INSANE! lol

Lol, it's weird aint it, No matter how much you eat those deserts/nuts (no homo.) etc always look tasty....

I mean comon who am i to say no to some chocolates/sweets and other junk!

Thank's Bobby....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

The Solution
12-25-2007, 11:50 AM
by the looks of the thread name ts Christmas Meal Thread.. so i quite simply stated what is going to be at the christmas meal thread.. and 2nd of all i put fmaily and friends before myself and when all my friends and family want my baked goods im going to give it to them because its what they ask for

if it said what are you eating for ur x-mas dinner then i would post u what i will eat once i eat it..

thats kind of common sense

if u want to know what ur gonna stuff ur face with go to the other thread that states who is going to stuff themselves on x-mas

and to the dude that said im going to have chicken and almonds u must have a hard time reading because its not even in what i posted.. read before u talk is it that hard? im not trying to start a fight but its a meal thread its not what ur eating thread unless it stated it

Aindreas
12-25-2007, 11:53 AM

And the mystery dessert? Two words: chocolate fountain :eek:. W/ pecan shortbread cookies, macaroons, gingersnaps, bananas, pears, marshmallows, and other goodies. I'm so freaky vascular right now :p. Where the hell was this last night when I needed 1500 cals?

matthor
12-25-2007, 02:11 PM
And the mystery dessert? Two words: chocolate fountain :eek:. W/ pecan shortbread cookies, macaroons, gingersnaps, bananas, pears, marshmallows, and other goodies. I'm so freaky vascular right now :p. Where the hell was this last night when I needed 1500 cals?

so...jealous...

Sixpack
12-25-2007, 02:20 PM
If you can read people are posting what they are eating not what the are cooking. Thank you

by the looks of the thread name ts Christmas Meal Thread.. so i quite simply stated what is going to be at the christmas meal thread.. and 2nd of all i put fmaily and friends before myself and when all my friends and family want my baked goods im going to give it to them because its what they ask for

if it said what are you eating for ur x-mas dinner then i would post u what i will eat once i eat it..

thats kind of common sense

if u want to know what ur gonna stuff ur face with go to the other thread that states who is going to stuff themselves on x-mas

and to the dude that said im going to have chicken and almonds u must have a hard time reading because its not even in what i posted.. read before u talk is it that hard? im not trying to start a fight but its a meal thread its not what ur eating thread unless it stated it

tinyman5000
12-25-2007, 02:51 PM
6 oz pasta butter green beans .5 cup parmesan and now just found some frozen cream puffs but im taking it easy lol i dont feel well

Jkurz1
12-25-2007, 05:14 PM

Get off his back...at least he trains......you wont eat much and def dont look like you train...this is a bodybuilding forum

slaydox
12-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Breakfast: Oats and whey

Snacked on crackers and cheese all day with a couple fun size candy bars.

for dinner i Had a S**t load of ham
Brocholi and cheese

then dessert i had

Nice size slice of cheese cake
7-8 cookies

Nothing to bad.

lollerskatez
12-25-2007, 05:56 PM
i didnt cheat today bc i didnt get the opportunity, mehhhh!

Sixpack
12-25-2007, 06:13 PM
You are a fool my friend and yes I do train , ask yourself if you are happy with yourself? You are 6-1 and 180 pounds for chirst sakes. Do you lift or just binge and count cals all day?How many times have you been banned from this site ? Nice fake pic by the way, If you want my workout routine i will be happy to email you. Actually ask Marc or Chuck what my routine is they made it . Goodby

Get off his back...at least he trains......you wont eat much and def dont look like you train...this is a bodybuilding forum

-Aaron-
12-25-2007, 06:24 PM

Are you instigating crap? You do realize you are using the protein he is sponsoring. Don't give me "I do use that stuff" crap, you're full of it.

By the way, Layzie is an idiot.

You are a fool my friend and yes I do train , ask yourself if you are happy with yourself? You are 6-1 and 180 pounds for chirst sakes. Do you lift or just binge and count cals all day?How many times have you been banned from this site ? Nice fake pic by the way, If you want my workout routine i will be happy to email you. Actually ask Marc or Chuck what my routine is they made it . Goodby

Exactly what I was thinking.

tinyman5000
12-25-2007, 06:40 PM
*winces* lol i just looked at myself in the mirror, things are not looking good lol.

-Aaron-
12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
*winces* lol i just looked at myself in the mirror, things are not looking good lol.

x2

My stomach hurts really bad as well. :(

tinyman5000
12-25-2007, 06:46 PM
x2

My stomach hurts really bad as well. :(

can see abs unflexed and stuff, but i got that...general sick look, you know? lol, everyone in my family is asleep but me

Aindreas
12-25-2007, 07:49 PM
can see abs unflexed and stuff, but i got that...general sick look, you know? lol, everyone in my family is asleep but me

I'm slightly nauseous and lightheaded, but I don't look bad at all atm, in fact I look pretty pumped up and vascular still. Lol, I'd be willing to bet I wake up tomorrow bloated as sh*t though.