PDA

View Full Version : Peanut Butter Candy (similar to butter butter cups)

deadfingers
12-22-2007, 07:24 PM
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1/3 cup granulated splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the peanut butter , butter & ricotta in a microwave safe bowl.
Heat for 30 seconds or so , until you can stir it all together nicely ( when butter melts)
Add the splenda & the vanilla.
Stir it up til its all blended nice.

Drop inot 12 lil piles on some waxed paper.

I but mine in the freezer to firm up quicker.

Then I transfered it to the fridge.

****** I bet cream cheese would work equally as well.

*Taken off www.lowcarber.org

Totals for the whole thing (with the stuff I used)

Calories:1470
Fat:120g
Protein:56g
Carbs: 38g-10g (fiber)=28g

I made 5 servings out of this, used a cupcake pan and filled up 5 cups so this is the macros for those 5

Calories:294
Fat: 24g
Protein:11.2
Carbs:5.6

---

I tried these just before I posted it, wow these are pretty good. I had a really bad sweet tooth just a little while ago, and I ate some peanut butter (Skippy Natural creamy) and it calmed it. Soon after I started looking up PB recipes haha, this one was pretty good, so far they're cooling. I didn't make them into balls since I microwaved it pretty good and it was a little liquidy (not good enough to form into balls). So I just brought out a cupcake pan and just put it in there and put it in the freezer. :)

deadfingers
12-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Wow this stuff tastes way better cold, wow. This is definitely going into my "keto vault".

deadfingers
12-22-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh and I did the math and it looks like using cream cheese would lower the carb content down. The Whole milk Ricotta had 3g of carbs per 1/4th cup, while the cream cheese has 2. So in the end you almost halve the carb content, I've yet to try it with that but I'm sure it's damn good.

x buhlayz x
01-01-2008, 04:58 PM
oh my... i knew i shouldnt have made this...
ive almost finished the batch in about 3 days...
used whipped cream cheese instead of ricotta, very tasty

GREENFEATHER
01-01-2008, 05:07 PM
I make keto fudge this way, you could add peanut butter if you desire

3 pkg full fat cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
12 pkgs splenda or stevia to taste
powdered almonds

In a saucepan over low(I mean VERY LOW) heat combineall of the ingredients except the vanilla and cocoa. Heat unil mixed, add the vanilla and cocoa in slowly or it will clump. In a 12x12 pan grease it with butter and coat with almonds. Pour in mixture and cool outside or in fridge until solid.

I can't find my macros on this, but I do recall the portion size was a 2 oz square and it being 6g carbs in it