12-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

*taken off www.lowcarber.org

c.g.
12-23-2007, 12:56 AM
can i sub anything for the slpenda? like honey or maple syrup?

deadfingers
12-23-2007, 03:34 AM
Uh the whole point behind using Splenda is that it's relatively low carb (usually 1g of carb per packet). If you use the liquid version it's carb free, using Honey is the complete opposite. You might as well be using sugar if that's the case.

c.g.
12-23-2007, 07:38 AM
^ i dont like using artificial ingredients

deadfingers
12-23-2007, 07:48 AM
^ i dont like using artificial ingredients

Then use Stevia, or Xylitol, I did. Are you even doing Keto?

stewaat
12-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Then use Stevia, or Xylitol, I did. Are you even doing Keto?

HAHAHA he's probably not

c.g.
12-23-2007, 11:29 AM
^ HHAHAHAHAH yes i am

Mo_ria
12-23-2007, 12:29 PM
oh my GOD these look freakin' yummy!!!!
I am going to make them for myself for my Christmas keto dessert!

beeazy
04-02-2008, 10:45 PM
these are amazing for ketoers

jecristragedy
04-05-2008, 10:56 AM
I was really craving reeses lately so I made these last night! sooo good.
I put fiber powder in them so they're like super-pb cups.

I got impatient and ate one before it was frozen...
it was like chocolate pb mousse. my mom just about died because she's a chocoholic and hasnt had any since she started keto.

PennState
04-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I made them and added a bit more creme and some protein powder. I am lazy though so i just lump it into tupperwares and just pull them out and eat it with a spoon.

I do recommend using unsalted butter though as salted makes them REALLY salty

smd70
04-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Going to try this myself.. sounds tasty

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
04-06-2008, 06:25 PM
1 stick unsalted butter
3 tblspn Hershey's cocoa powder + 1 tblspn butter
Less than 1/4 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter

melted 1 tblspn butter in pan , mixed in cocoa powder , stirred a long time til satisfied it was mixed completely ..
added in cream , mixed some more then butter stick and splenda and lastly the Smucker's natty PB ..

frozen like 2 hours - tasty , but it was WAY too sweet and I used much less Splenda than called for . almost 3/4 of a 1/4 cup line

I'd use 1/4 cup of Splenda for double the other ingredients and use more PB as well

Biglouy
04-06-2008, 07:07 PM
4T Peanut butter?? thats got a lot of carbs

Peanut Butter Cups
1 stick unsalted butter (I use salted!)
1 oz unsweetened chocolate
1/3 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter
chopped walnuts (I don't use these)

Melt butter, chocolate, and Splenda in the microwave. Stir in cream and peanut butter. Line 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins with cupcake papers. Place nuts in the bottom of each tin. Divide chocolate mixture between the tins. Freeze until firm. These need to be stored in the freezer because they melt quick. You can eat them right out of the freezer.

*taken off www.lowcarber.org

beeazy
04-06-2008, 07:18 PM

You dont have to eat all the cups at once big fella

deadfingers
04-06-2008, 07:37 PM

Um yeah exactly. I think you missed the point where it says "fill 10 (or in my case 6) muffin tins". If your craving hits you that bad that you eat 6 decent sized peanut butter cups at once then you shouldn't be worrying about carbs in the first place.

deadfingers
04-06-2008, 07:41 PM
1 stick unsalted butter
Less than 1/4 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter

melted 1 tblspn butter in pan , mixed in cocoa powder , stirred a long time til satisfied it was mixed completely ..
added in cream , mixed some more then butter stick and splenda and lastly the Smucker's natty PB ..

frozen like 2 hours - tasty , but it was WAY too sweet and I used much less Splenda than called for . almost 3/4 of a 1/4 cup line

I'd use 1/4 cup of Splenda for double the other ingredients and use more PB as well

Isn't Splenda sweeter than sugar? I copied that from another forum, I actually only use Xylitol to sweeten anything and it tends to be a little less sweet than sugar when I cook with it.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
04-08-2008, 07:32 AM
Well dead you prescribed 1/3rd cup and I used less than a 1/4 and it was way too sweet .
Splenda is supposed to " measure cup for cup just like sugar " I guess cause it IS sugar ..

Matt58
04-08-2008, 08:34 PM
dang...i went and bought some jiff peanut butter today and was thinking hmm seems like theres alott of sugar in this and it cant be all that great for keto. now i realize reason why is that im guessing everyone uses like the natural peanut butter right?

Knux
04-27-2008, 08:59 PM
I used:

1 stick salted butter
2 T Walden's Farms Chocolate Syrup
1.5 T Sugar-Free Sweetened With Splenda Heavy Cream
Slightly more than 4 T Peanut Butter

I put the butter in a microwave tray and poured the 2 T Chocolate Syrup over it, and put it in the microwave for about 50 seconds. Then, I added in the peanut butter and stirred, then added the heavy cream. The mixture was THE most delicious tasting thing ever, better than any Reese's Cup I've ever had. I had enough for 8 cupcake trays.

So basically, no nuts and don't add any Splenda. Of course, Walden's Farms Syrup and my Heavy Cream were sweetened (with Sucralose/Splenda).

A+ Recipe.

Macros (in all):
124g fat/19g protein/12g carbs(-4 from fiber: 8g net carbs)

Per cup:
15.5g fat/2.5g protein/1g carbs

Excellent keto snack to up the fats!

Pics:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/1685/0427082040ans1.jpg
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8877/0427082040ju2.jpg

beeazy
04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
These are what like 100-150 calories each? I was eating like four a day so I had to slow down. Also those cupcake papers knux used can be used with out the muffin pan, I didnt have one but they keep shape if you just put them on any pan.

Knux
04-30-2008, 09:34 PM
These are what like 100-150 calories each? I was eating like four a day so I had to slow down. Also those cupcake papers knux used can be used with out the muffin pan, I didnt have one but they keep shape if you just put them on any pan.
The ones I made are about 160 calories each.

And they look more like Reese's cups if you do it the way I did.

Also: suggestion for next time I make them: add a very small amount of sweetener; they were great sweet as is, but a little more would have been even better

Tootella
04-30-2008, 09:41 PM
I used:

1 stick salted butter

I put the butter in a microwave tray and poured the 2 T Chocolate Syrup over it, and put it in the microwave for about 50 seconds. Then, I added in the peanut butter and stirred, then added the heavy cream. The mixture was THE most delicious tasting thing ever, better than any Reese's Cup I've ever had. I had enough for 8 cupcake trays.

So basically, no nuts and don't add any Splenda. Of course, Walden's Farms Syrup and my Heavy Cream were sweetened (with Sucralose/Splenda).

A+ Recipe.

Macros (in all):

Per cup:

Pics:

ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!!! whyyyyy did you show me this???? i want to eat these right now!

Knux
04-30-2008, 09:44 PM
ohhhhhhhh nooooooooooooo!!!!! whyyyyy did you show me this???? i want to eat these right now!
They looked even better after a night in the fridge :P Those weird little peanut butter swirls settled and the buttery feel of them went away.

Tootella
04-30-2008, 09:50 PM

if i made these, i would eat them all in one sitting, guaranteed!!

Knux
04-30-2008, 09:57 PM
if i made these, i would eat them all in one sitting, guaranteed!!
Atleast you'd still be low on carbs! The 100+ grams of fat...could be dealt with :P

deadfingers
04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Well dead you prescribed 1/3rd cup and I used less than a 1/4 and it was way too sweet .
Splenda is supposed to " measure cup for cup just like sugar " I guess cause it IS sugar ..

Again, I said I didn't use Splenda, this recipe was taken off another site. I used Xylitol. Anyways if it's too sweet for you then don't add that much sweetener no point in complaining about it.

Knux
04-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Like I said, I added 0 sweetener and it tasted just fine.

beeazy
05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
And they look more like Reese's cups if you do it the way I did.

They look the same as if u dont use a muffin pan, just make sure u use the papers, like the ones you used.

dueco98
05-02-2008, 02:19 PM
Made these yesterday.
Same as original receipe, except didn't have unsweetened chocolate, used 3 TBSP of coacoa.
Turned out very good. I think if I made again, I'd add .5-1 TBSP of coacoa, and maybe a bit more peanut butter. You can taste the butter quite a bit, so maybe that wouldn't make it so strong.

Tootella
05-02-2008, 06:17 PM
i made these today. they were TOO good. i kind of wish that i hadn't made them. i scarfed them all down and i want to make like 30 more batches! i can't stop thinking about them.

instead of peanut butter i used almond butter
instead of walden farms i used squares of 100% cacao and i used a lot less butter.

oh my goodness, this is all i want to eat for the rest of my life.

wardawgmalvicious
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I used:

1 stick salted butter

A+ Recipe.

Macros (in all):

Per cup:

Pics:

That looks so friggin good. Just curious, does anyone know the macros for one of these?

beeazy
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
That looks so friggin good. Just curious, does anyone know the macros for one of these?

there in the post you just quoted. You only look at pictures or what. jk.

wardawgmalvicious
05-03-2008, 09:26 AM
there in the post you just quoted. You only look at pictures or what. jk.

Sorry, my bad. They look too good to care though.

Knux
05-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try to make Almond Joy Cups tomorrow =]

3/4 stick unsalted butter
2 T Sugar-Free-Sweetened-With-Splenda Heavy Cream
4 1/2 T Almond Butter
Almonds (use by preference)
Unsweetened Coconut (use by preference)

I may add more chocolate and less Almond butter, not sure yet

Macros:
1360calories/147fat/8netcarb/25protein

per cup (if 8)
170/18fat/1netcarb/3protein

Hopefully I can make these tomorrow, or sometime soon.

beeazy
05-06-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm going to try to make Almond Joy Cups tomorrow =]

3/4 stick unsalted butter
2 T Sugar-Free-Sweetened-With-Splenda Heavy Cream
4 1/2 T Almond Butter
Almonds (use by preference)
Unsweetened Coconut (use by preference)

I may add more chocolate and less Almond butter, not sure yet

Macros:
1360calories/147fat/8netcarb/25protein

per cup (if 8)
170/18fat/1netcarb/3protein

Hopefully I can make these tomorrow, or sometime soon.

So many calories, these do sound good as well though. Is there any butter, or margarine thats A LOT less in calories that could substitute for the butter sticks?

Knux
05-06-2008, 07:43 PM
So many calories, these do sound good as well though. Is there any butter, or margarine thats A LOT less in calories that could substitute for the butter sticks?
Light Butter? Idk.

beeazy
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Light Butter? Idk.

or some country crock or somthing

kev.sherman
05-07-2008, 07:42 AM
Why worry about so many calories though seriously . This is Keto wtf else you gonna have for desert but ultra fatty items ?
You guys have never noticed on days you work out your protein far exceeds your fats ?

always does for me and stuff like this is great to not worry about using tons of extra butter , salad dressings and oils to compensate

dueco98
05-07-2008, 08:02 PM
mmm I Just made another batch.
I think the first one I only put 3tbsp of PB in, not sure, but I put in 4 this time thinking the recipe called for 3. Also put in an extra half tbsp of coacoa.
Soooo good.

smd70
05-09-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm gonna have to try them now...

Lertch
05-10-2008, 02:45 PM
anyone have macros?

smd70
05-10-2008, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=Knux;158963691]I used:

1 stick salted butter

A+ Recipe.

Macros (in all):

Per cup:

I just made these, I swear I was like a kid, had my entire head in the bowl licking it clean. Thank goodness my daughter didnt catch me. SOOOOOOOOO Yummy. I can't wait for them to freeze.... might just go squirt them with some CO2 to speed it up, j/king..

adwill
05-10-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah. these are pretty awesome. my whole family thinks my keto diet is crazy, but my brothers eat these things like they were starving.

i use an ounce of unsweetened bakers choc, half cup of butter, 3-4 tbsp peanut butter, and 2 tbsp of splenda. macros come out to about 1.5 carb/cup. i don't have any cream so i havent used it yet, and they still taste pretty incredible. i threw in some chopped almonds too for texture.

beeazy
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Im gonna make some of these cups today replacing the butter with some country crock light, HALF THE CALORIES, Ill let yall know how they turn out, and ill eat twice as many as normal

beeazy
05-13-2008, 03:26 PM
they dont look as good going into the freezer ther kinda lumpy

beeazy
05-13-2008, 08:31 PM
taste is ok, they didnt blend well it seems like the country crock for some reason froze to the outside of the cup? weird

Knux
05-13-2008, 08:37 PM
taste is ok, they didnt blend well it seems like the country crock for some reason froze to the outside of the cup? weird
My parents taught me that using butter subsitutes while cooking is bad. Real butter is the only way for this kind of stuff.

mc4_a
06-07-2008, 11:32 PM
tried this tonight using the standard specs. Too much butter and not enough sweet. Well it's a start.

deadfingers
06-08-2008, 12:49 AM
So made these again, for some reason mine came out like dark chocolate in color. Anyways same recipe except added 1.5 of cream and 6 tablespoons of peanut butter.

24g of fat per, 2g of carbs 4.6g of protein per. Not bad, I can eat plenty of these to up my fats. I completely forgot about this recipe, now I have a way to up my fats no problem. :D I wonder if I can take some of these to work, and put them in the fridge. hmm.

deadfingers
06-08-2008, 12:50 AM
tried this tonight using the standard specs. Too much butter and not enough sweet. Well it's a start.

That's a first, 1/3 cup of Xylitol and it's already packing quite a punch with the sweetness.

deadfingers
06-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Well tried these this morning, not quite as peanut buttery as I'd like. A little sweet too, and I forgot to mix in the Xylitol while heating it up, so there's a bunch of Xylitol crystals in the middle, ugh. Next time I'll just mix in all the ingredients and heat it up. Probably reduce the sweetener in half.

nickkempf
06-09-2008, 03:30 PM
DONT EVER MAKE THESE! They are too effing good, so unless you have a lot of willpower, just dont do it. I made some and just ate 1000 calories in one sitting. DAMN you person who posted this thread! ;)

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 03:35 PM
DONT EVER MAKE THESE! They are too effing good, so unless you have a lot of willpower, just dont do it. I made some and just ate 1000 calories in one sitting. DAMN you person who posted this thread! ;)

Gotta get your fats up somehow, why not enjoy it? :D

Edit* I'm going to try another variation of these, Maybe same ingredients, but 2 tablespoons of xylitol, then I'll heat it all up at once to make it liquidy almost then pour them into the cups. Maybe add more peanut butter, we'll see. I really gotta count calories and such with these.

Knux
06-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Yeah, if you've got a good peanut butter these are too good lol. Put some whipped cream (heavy, obviously) on them and they're heavenly.

I've made 1 good batch of these (the one I posted) and 1 bad (one I used Smart Balance Peanut Butter, which is gross to me, IDK why...ruined em and I tossed them =[)

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Yeah, if you've got a good peanut butter these are too good lol. Put some whipped cream (heavy, obviously) on them and they're heavenly.

I've made 1 good batch of these (the one I posted) and 1 bad (one I used Smart Balance Peanut Butter, which is gross to me, IDK why...ruined em and I tossed them =[)

I used the Smart Balance one this time. I have some Skippy "natural" which I might try, but I'm down to one jar and they don't sell it here anymore. :(

Knux
06-09-2008, 03:42 PM
I used the Smart Balance one this time. I have some Skippy "natural" which I might try, but I'm down to one jar and they don't sell it here anymore. :(
Organic peanut butter works the best for me. Smart Balance isn't creamy enough to mix well for these, but the runniness of organic works.

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Hmm my Smart Balance jar was quite creamy, I find the complete opposite with organic peanut butters. I just did the calorie count on these things, damn one stick of butter is 800 calories, and the amount of peanut butter I used is 600, plus 70 for the chocolate. 233 calories per cup!

Knux
06-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Hmm my Smart Balance jar was quite creamy, I find the complete opposite with organic peanut butters. I just did the calorie count on these things, damn one stick of butter is 800 calories, and the amount of peanut butter I used is 600, plus 70 for the chocolate. 233 calories per cup!
Yeah, the calories don't bother me, but I've been wondering how much butter you could cut and still get away with good PB Cups..

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah, the calories don't bother me, but I've been wondering how much butter you could cut and still get away with good PB Cups..

Yeah I'm going to try with half, and keep the peanut butter the same amount, lower the sweetner to 2 tablespoons and keep the cream at 1.5 tablespoons. We'll see.

nickkempf
06-09-2008, 05:33 PM
These things are soooo good and they are really calorie dense. I wish there was something that you could add to them to make 'em "bigger" without adding many calories...some kind of "filler", ya know?

Anyone have any ideas?

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM
These things are soooo good and they are really calorie dense. I wish there was something that you could add to them to make 'em "bigger" without adding many calories...some kind of "filler", ya know?

Anyone have any ideas?

Guar Gum, Xanthan gum, but I think that would just make it less able to freeze. You could try psillium husk (however that's spelled), it's pretty much fiber powder.

nickkempf
06-09-2008, 06:15 PM
I was thinking of adding some chocolate protein powder to the mix...This would also make it more balanced (protein to fat) and make it not so calorie dense...

mc4_a
06-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Tried it again but added 1/2 cup of splenda, 1 1/2 T of heavy cream and half the butter. Much better. Still would like it sweeter. Still has a special darkish taste.

deadfingers
06-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Tried it again but added 1/2 cup of splenda, 1 1/2 T of heavy cream and half the butter. Much better. Still would like it sweeter. Still has a special darkish taste.

Holy crap that's a lot of sweetener. I used 1/3rd cup of Xylitol, and that's too much for me. I guess I want more of a peanut butter, natural taste, than to taste the sweetness.

mc4_a
06-10-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm just not a fan of the dark chocolate taste. I'd like to get it as close to milk chocolate as possible.

deadfingers
06-10-2008, 03:48 PM
You don't like dark chocolate? waaa, blasphemy! Haha, I love dark chocolate, so I made it again this time, 6 tablespoons of Xylitol, half a stick of butter, 6 tablespoons of peanut butter and 1.5 tablespoons of cream. Well it came out alright, definitely better tasting, but still doesn't have a strong peanut butter taste. Maybe I'll add some more peanut butter, I'm going to try it yet again tonight using the Skippy brand peanut butter.

Knux
06-10-2008, 03:50 PM
Maybe add some Peanut or Peanut Butter Extract? I know I've seen it at the store. I'm sure it'll add some strong PB flavor.

deadfingers
06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
Maybe add some Peanut or Peanut Butter Extract? I know I've seen it at the store. I'm sure it'll add some strong PB flavor.

Nah I'll just add MOAR peanut butter. :D Well maybe, it does add 3g of carbs per 2 tablespoons.

Knux
06-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Nah I'll just add MOAR peanut butter. :D Well maybe, it does add 3g of carbs per 2 tablespoons.
Yeah I'm just saying the more peanut butter you add, you might as well just mix a little chocolate with peanut butter and it eat, cuz it's just gonna become peanut butter lol

deadfingers
06-11-2008, 03:08 AM
Haha true, I think I'm going to make a batch with just butter, peanut butter, and cream with enough xylitol. I don't really need the chocolate, and in fact I think it's making me break out. Chocolate like that makes me break out it seems, either that or it's a big coincidence that since I've started eating these I've been breaking out more.

MistyT
06-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I just made these and all I can say is WOW!

This is just what I need to ward off a sweet craving!

Thanks so much!

PullAndBear
07-01-2008, 09:41 PM
big +1 for this recipe....its so damn rich! delicious, it could be a little sweeter though. i used 1/4 cup splenda, might bump it up to 1/3 cup.

Raptor81
07-13-2008, 01:00 PM
holy ish this is good!!

I wasn't quite so sure when I was mixing up the batter. Mine looked like tar. I used alot of cocoa powder. I thought for sure that this was gonna be a waste of food. Then about 20 mins after freezing I couldn't wait and dipped my finger into a starting-to-freeze PB cup. Tasted kinda nasty. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried them about 2 hours later......

Devine!!!

DJohnson
07-14-2008, 04:31 PM
Made it and love it. I used Lindt 85% cocoa because it was the only thing around. I poured it into 12 squares.

Perfect size. 1.5g of carb each because the 85% instead of 99-100%, but that's no big deal. Taste great.

HighRevinSi
07-14-2008, 08:57 PM
2 Whole XL Eggs
* 9gF, 0gC, 12gP
2 Scoops Chocolate Whey
* 4gF, 6gC, 52gP
4 servings of Vanilla Glutamine
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
Nestle Unsweetened Melted Choco Bake
* 16gF, 8gC, 2gP
4 tbsp Skippy Natural Peanut Butter
* 32gF, 8gC, 14gP
4 tbsp Yogurt Butter
* 20gF
1.5C Splenda
2 tbsp Liquid Saccharin
4oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
* 36gF, 4gC, 8gP
2 tbsp High Heat Safflower Oil
* 24gF
1/2C Heavy Whipping Cream
* 40gF
12 tbsp Almond Flour (1 tbsp per cupcake slot)
* 42gF, 18gC, 18gP

Total Macros
219gF, 44gC, 109gP
*some fiber is excluded and some is not; can't remember where

Each Serving Yields (12 servings)
18gF, 4gC, 9gP=214kcals each

Just finished baking and will be putting them in the fridge to cool them down over night; will keep posted on taste tomorrow (I'm pretty excited)

Knux
07-14-2008, 09:12 PM
2 Whole XL Eggs
* 9gF, 0gC, 12gP
2 Scoops Chocolate Whey
* 4gF, 6gC, 52gP
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
* 16gF, 8gC, 2gP
* 32gF, 8gC, 14gP
4 tbsp Yogurt Butter
* 20gF
1.5C Splenda
2 tbsp Liquid Saccharin
* 36gF, 4gC, 8gP
* 24gF
* 40gF
* 42gF, 18gC, 18gP

Total Macros
219gF, 44gC, 109gP

Just finished baking and will be putting them in the fridge to cool them down over night; will keep posted on taste tomorrow (I'm pretty excited)

Sounds like some kind of crazy Reese's Cup! Good luck lol

BINKS_1
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I guees C stands for cup, But what does T stand for?

Knux
07-14-2008, 09:45 PM
I guees C stands for cup, But what does T stand for?
Tablespoon.

BINKS_1
07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
thanks dude. and now i shall bake.

deadfingers
07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
2 Whole XL Eggs
* 9gF, 0gC, 12gP
2 Scoops Chocolate Whey
* 4gF, 6gC, 52gP
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
* 16gF, 8gC, 2gP
* 32gF, 8gC, 14gP
4 tbsp Yogurt Butter
* 20gF
1.5C Splenda
2 tbsp Liquid Saccharin
* 36gF, 4gC, 8gP
* 24gF
* 40gF
* 42gF, 18gC, 18gP

Total Macros
219gF, 44gC, 109gP

What the hell?

Knux
07-14-2008, 09:48 PM
What the hell?
My thoughts exactly.

That looks like it'll be one crazy PBC

deadfingers
07-14-2008, 09:56 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Yeah but I don't have the time nor patience to look up all those products nor take long to put the things together. I'm going to make some tonight though. :)

HighRevinSi
07-15-2008, 07:21 PM
My thoughts exactly.

Ohhhh man these things are excellent!
BTW I didn't go out and buy all these ingredients; I just had them from my house at school and decided to use them all.

Knux
07-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Ohhhh man these things are excellent!
BTW I didn't go out and buy all these ingredients; I just had them from my house at school and decided to use them all.
Pics?

Ironically, I'm eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups while sitting here, lol.

HighRevinSi
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Pics?

Ironically, I'm eating Reese's Peanut Butter Cups while sitting here, lol.

I took 1 yesterday; I will upload tomorrow when I get a sec

Raptor81
07-16-2008, 08:48 PM
i just mixed up another batch....had a problem

has anyone had any problems with the oils (butter and PB) seperating from the mixture??

i was stirring then all the sudden it got REALLY oily. it would not stir back together.

any remedy. can i still save this batch?? i really hate to waste ingredients like that.

Dimia
07-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Oh wowww I cannot wait to try this! Just waiting to recieve my Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup.
Has anyone tried this with Walden Farms Peanut Spread? To reduce cals & carbs...

deadfingers
07-18-2008, 11:28 PM

has anyone had any problems with the oils (butter and PB) seperating from the mixture??

i was stirring then all the sudden it got REALLY oily. it would not stir back together.

any remedy. can i still save this batch?? i really hate to waste ingredients like that.

I never had any problems with it separating, how are you mixing it? What kind of butter are you using? I used Land o lakes unsalted butter. I usually melt it till it's liquidy then mix everything else in.

bigguy19
07-19-2008, 05:58 PM

this happened to me too
but i know why
A) it was a fresh opened jar of peanut butter that i just stirred....it was real oily
B) light butter w/ canola oil was the only thing i had in my house

but i mixed it together real quick and it came together, and they still turned out great

rhysox
07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
made these today, they're fantastic..

i used:

100g butter
4 tablespoons organic natural peanut butter
2 teaspoons splenda
2 squares 86% cocoa chocolate

put all into a bowl then microwaved for 90 seconds until all molten together, stirred up and put into muffin cases

this made a batch of 5.

macros (each): 229 calories, 22g fat, 3g carbs, 4g protein

put in freezer and ate after 3 hours.

cyanize
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
so finally I tried these myself

look and behold the awesomeness of a fresh batch:

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1769/dsc03182fp5.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03182fp5.jpg)http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7997/dsc03181vt7.th.jpg (http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03181vt7.jpg)

macros (each): not including almond
334.5 kCal
6.19g Protein
3.066g Carbs
33.196g Fats

next time I'm doing these babies with a scoop of choc whey, they'll be the perfect meal replacement.

bigguy19
07-26-2008, 03:45 PM
i remade mine with butter this time
they turned out great
just as a heads up to others
A)dont use margarine
B) Dont use light butter w/ oil added
C) try and use peanut butter thats already been refridgerated(newly opened pb=oily)
the oils seperated in my last batch, but they still came out fine
this time i used butter, i prob put too much in(had scooped butter, not sticks) but still tasted great

HorizonXP
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I just made these right now, and they look like they're going to turn out fantastic!

I used the recipe in the OP, exactly as specified, with 2 minor modifications. I used organic natural PB, and I put a piece of halved almond in each cup. It made 20 of those little mini cups. They're freezing now. The "batter" tasted awesome, I'm sure they'll be spectacular when done. Will update.

deadfingers
10-03-2008, 10:26 PM
I just made these right now, and they look like they're going to turn out fantastic!

I used the recipe in the OP, exactly as specified, with 2 minor modifications. I used organic natural PB, and I put a piece of halved almond in each cup. It made 20 of those little mini cups. They're freezing now. The "batter" tasted awesome, I'm sure they'll be spectacular when done. Will update.

Yes they taste much better when they're cold.

Josh81
11-20-2008, 12:09 PM
great recipe, this deserves a bump

i wish there was a way to incorporate whey protein into this...chocolate mint peanut butter cups sounds amazing

DJohnson
11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Agreed. I still reguarly make these.

Hotheather
12-08-2008, 11:41 AM
these are the sh*t! i made these saturday and OMG! THEY WERE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! I made mine in a miniture cupcake pan! they actually look like the reese peanutbutter cup minitures! i love them! so far, i got rave reviews on these!!! yummmmmmmmmmy!

Wrestleislife
12-14-2008, 09:44 PM
I made the peanut butter and chocolate mix seperate. Put a thin layer of chocolate on bottom, put in a dab of peanut butter mix, and covered it in chocolate. The chocolate wasnt very good, I was using hersheys cocao powder. I made it again with just the peanut butter mix and it was much better. Heres the recipe and macros:

4T Peanut Butter
1/4 Splenda
2 Egg Yolks
1/4 Butter
1T Cream

Setup a double boiler. whisk together the yolks and splenda until it is pale yellow and forms a ribbon. Add in the butter and whisk. Add in the cream and whisk. Add in the peanut butter one tablespoon at a time, if it gets too thick add some cream in very small increments. Macros:

733 Cals
73G Fat 89%
10G Carbs 6%
9G Pro 5%

Really good if you need to add some fat.

Jester_Molester
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Add me to the fan club. A couple of comments on my method.

used 4 tbsps cocoa powder since that was what I had.
used a stick of smart balance 50/50 butter blend and it turned out great. I'd seen some comments that it was necessary to use real butter. Based on my experience I would say that only a portion needs to be real butter.

Anyone have any ideas?

maybe cream cheese?

Gordon Bombay
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I used regular butter, but I highly recommend non salted, because if you use regular butter the PB cups are very salty.

Gordon Bombay
12-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Made a new batch with different ingredients. I used unsalted butter and Hershey's Sugar Free Choc Syrup. It tasted better but it was too buttery. Next time I will use less butter.

Jester_Molester
12-20-2008, 01:54 PM
maybe cream cheese?

I went ahead and tried the standard recipe but with 4oz of cream cheese. Turned out well although the textures better if allowed to though for a couple of minutes. Very creamy.

mickapoo
12-23-2008, 07:36 PM

I agree! I don't have the willpower to not eat them all in one sitting. Then I'd make more and eat those too! I can't even have peanut butter in the house. I will eat the whole jar at one time. If I did have the extra fats to spare, I would def make these, but eating all of these would put me way over my daily macros and caloric intake.

Maybe I'll try to find a way to make them lower calories where I can eat the whole pan and not go over my macros. Any suggestions, let me know!

deadfingers
12-23-2008, 09:50 PM
I agree! I don't have the willpower to not eat them all in one sitting. Then I'd make more and eat those too! I can't even have peanut butter in the house. I will eat the whole jar at one time. If I did have the extra fats to spare, I would def make these, but eating all of these would put me way over my daily macros and caloric intake.

Maybe I'll try to find a way to make them lower calories where I can eat the whole pan and not go over my macros. Any suggestions, let me know!

The butter is the highest in calories and fat, so use less butter and more peanut butter. Might help, either that or make them in more servings and just eat a few here and there.

mygame11
01-16-2009, 10:12 PM
What a great thread! Nice to know there is always a choco keto dessert out there!

mickapoo
01-17-2009, 06:14 AM
made these today, they're fantastic..

i used:

100g butter
4 tablespoons organic natural peanut butter
2 teaspoons splenda
2 squares 86% cocoa chocolate

put all into a bowl then microwaved for 90 seconds until all molten together, stirred up and put into muffin cases

this made a batch of 5.

macros (each): 229 calories, 22g fat, 3g carbs, 4g protein

put in freezer and ate after 3 hours.

So those are the macros for one batch or for just one of the five muffins? The whole recipe is 5x that? Sorry for the stupid question!

DeathtoToasters
01-18-2009, 05:33 PM
Isn't splenda bad for us?

mygame11
01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
Isn't splenda bad for us?
It is very much the lesser evil of all "artificial sweeteners" From the research I have done on it, it would take entirely too much (more than one person could consume in a day) times 40 (I believe) days for it to affect us negatively.

It is sure a lot better for us than Nutra Sweet aka saccharine.

If you are up in arms about sucralose (splenda) then use stevia....that's what I use...not always, but mostly!

Mr. Goodbar or Hershey with Almonds (almost)
I made this dessert twice now, and the second time is how I will making it from now on! I guess I should go ahead and share my recipe for the "Mr. Goodbar" :D of Keto dieters!

2 ounces of bakers unsweetened dark chocolate (2 double squares..2 wrapped squares)

4-6 tbsp butter (I say this because we all know the effect butter has on chocolate) so..it is your choice...

sweeten with splenda, stevia...or choice of sweetener (to YOUR desired sweetness level) I used 7 packets of stevia and 1 mocha splenda coffee flavor packet)

handful of peanuts (your desired amount) for Mr. Goodbar or almonds for Hershey almond bar.. again your desired amount...

2-3 tbsp heavy whipping cream

Melt chocolate and butter with sweetener until fully melted, whip in heavy cream, and then add nuts...

Drop 3 tbsp onto wax paper and "flatten" into squares (they should not be as thick as your nut) repeat with remaining batter mix and place in freezer for 1 hour!

DELICIOUS!
Carbs and fat will depend on your variation.....

DeathtoToasters
01-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Well I just made these for the first time just now....they are in the freezer as I speak.

Hopefully they will be ready for the MMA fight coming up tonight on ppv.

Jack612blue
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
Is it ok if I used light whipping cream

i29gtaylor
01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
I'll add my iteration to the list since I love these things.

I use:

6 T Butter
5 T of Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Splenda
1 oz. chocolate, but use the good stuff!!! (I use Ghiradelli 100%)
1 T heavy cream
1 serving of chopped almonds

This makes six cups and they are fantastic; every once in a while I'll put a scoop of Walden Farms Caramel on top for that extra effect.

mygame11
01-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I had this amazing "breakthrough" (or so I like to think of it that way :D )last night with this dessert.

I was finally able to eat the eat the chocolate (unsweetened) by itself without hurling. It actually THIS TIME tasted sweet to me! SOOOO this is what I did!

2 full Bakers unsweetened squares
4Tbsp natty PB
3Tbsp real butter
5 drops of stevia vanilla
3 squeezes (poufs) of Costco cinnamon

I made 5 bowls that have only 3 carbs in each! I got a lot more for less carbs cutting out the splenda/stevia! I am pumped...I mean it actually great! It was sweet! :D

i29gtaylor
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
I had this amazing "breakthrough" (or so I like to think of it that way :D )last night with this dessert.

I was finally able to eat the eat the chocolate (unsweetened) by itself without hurling. It actually THIS TIME tasted sweet to me! SOOOO this is what I did!

2 full Bakers unsweetened squares
4Tbsp natty PB
3Tbsp real butter
5 drops of stevia vanilla
3 squeezes (poufs) of Costco cinnamon

I made 5 bowls that have only 3 carbs in each! I got a lot more for less carbs cutting out the splenda/stevia! I am pumped...I mean it actually great! It was sweet! :D

Cute boy! Kids can be very motivating can't they?! Keep up the great work.

mygame11
01-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Cute boy! Kids can be very motivating can't they?! Keep up the great work.
LOL...thank you very much! And, yes, they can be!

piersfogg
02-11-2009, 06:55 AM
hmmmm these are very yummy I can't wait to make some and I think adding Honey will make it taste greater.https://thegrindersgame.com/co/34/b/happy.gif

mygame11
02-11-2009, 12:38 PM
hmmmm these are very yummy I can't wait to make some and I think adding Honey will make it taste greater.https://thegrindersgame.com/co/34/b/happy.gif

uh...."honey" on Keto?

Douglas_Quaid
03-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Just made these. I didn't have any butter around so I used smart balance.
They don't taste too great. Are they supposed to be frozen or just hardened? Because I had them in the freezer just enough so they would become solid, not until they were frozen. Another thing which didn't help was I used chunky PB. I also used too much butter (smart balance) because I didn't have any choc squares.

If I remake these I'll use real butter and less of it and creamy PB and more of that.

moomoopro
04-01-2009, 07:22 PM
looks delicious

atxburns
04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
i changed it up a bit - doubled the receipe to make 12 - didn't have cups, so use sprayed the cupcake pan. I only used 1/3 cup stevia TOTAL and doubled the PB it required. It turned out like dark chocolate PB ice cream from marble slab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nowski1381
04-12-2009, 08:49 PM
I made these and OMG are they good!!!!! The fact that these are keto friendly is amazing...

WorldStrike
05-05-2009, 07:05 AM
1 stick unsalted butter
Less than 1/4 c Splenda
1 T heavy cream
4 T peanut butter

I used this recipe. Macros turned out:

(Entire Thing):

1409 Calories
138.5g Fat
19.5g Protein
17.5 Net Grams Carbohydrates

Made 9 cups. Per cup:

156.6 Calories
15.4g Fat
2.2g Protein
1.9 Net Grams Carbohydrates

Great Keto snack to hit your sweet tooth. Also, I factored in the carbs and calories in splenda, so don't worry about adding those in yourself (24 calories and ~6g carbs in a 1/4 cup of Splenda).

rushki
05-12-2009, 04:34 PM
omomgomogmgg just made some

1 stick unsalted
tea spoon hershey cocoa powder
mix ^

1,5-2 TBSP heavy cream

3 TBSP peanut butter

1/8th cup splenda LOL

4 1/2 inch cups

DELIIIIICCCIOUUUSSSSS

snobrder_ad
05-15-2009, 03:18 PM
anyone made these subbing the cocoa with some protein powder?? id like to try that for sure

Gary1911A1
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Made some last night. I'm not a good cook, but they came out great. Hopefully this won't be another new food addiction.

NicholeTiffany
07-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Just whipped these up and popped them into the freezer; excited to try!

http://i29.tinypic.com/ogz7d1.jpg

http://i26.tinypic.com/2r5b2q9.jpg

NicholeTiffany
07-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Wondering if anyone has tried these with a scoop of protein powder?? I'm not sure if it wouldn't mix, or wouldn't freeze, or....

Unaware!

DriftMonster
07-21-2009, 10:52 AM
I'm about to try with some chocolate protein powder. I was thinking of splitting the protein with the cocoa. The way I look at it, as long as you're using butter and peanut butter, you should be fine :).

DriftMonster
07-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Not so hot with the protein powder. It taste basically like "sludge", which makes sense because it's almost all the same ingredients. Little on the chalky side, but definitely good enough for help with the sweet tooth.

TieDyeSmiley
08-09-2009, 10:38 AM
well i just finally made these they are in the freezer now i think they will b3e another option for preworkout. i usually just like a lil fat before usually some nutz or something so this be nice lil alternative.

they def smell good hope they freeze fast lol

TieDyeSmiley
08-10-2009, 12:46 PM
well i tried this yet it wasnt very sweet. maybe next time ill add more splenda? it tasted aight tho just not sweet enough.

ill tweak it again after i eat these lol. my prew/o meal fat fat fat lol

tuffnut
08-17-2009, 11:51 PM
to the OP, these are too good, i had to throw them out so i wouldn't eat the lot!! i can't believe i can eat this stuff on a diet!!

adamrox
03-21-2010, 07:31 PM
damn man i cant beleive even eat these types of things what would be the best sweetner for keto splenda,stevia,or xylitol does it matter come on man help me out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jerbz
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
liquid splenda would be the best i think.

deadfingers
03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
damn man i cant beleive even eat these types of things what would be the best sweetner for keto splenda,stevia,or xylitol does it matter come on man help me out.

stevia is the best, I try to use stevia or xylitol as they're more "natural". Stevia is an herb and has no calories or carbs period, while anything else is basically up to "interpretation". Some people just don't like the acquired taste for Stevia though so to each their own. Xylitol, sorbitol and basically anything with "Tol" at the end is a sugar alcohol and some versions don't sit well with people. Maltitol makes an unpleasant day for me, while Xylitol is great. You can always mix stevia and xylitol too, since xylitol tastes more like sugar than anything I've tried. Anyways that's enough about sweetners.

As far as making them bigger? Well you could add nuts I suppose but these things are going to be dense and there's nothing really you can add to them to make them bigger without upping the calories/macros in some way. I've never tried it with protein powder either, but hey let us know how it goes. I don't particularly like cooking with protein powder since I heard it doesn't do well under heat.

kimmypoohx3
03-21-2010, 09:28 PM
a) i wouldn't use protein powder, it bakes horribly. some do ok in pancakes and ive zapped some things in the microwave a few times, but when i tried to make the same recipe in the oven its horrible.
b) that is a sh*t ton of butter. I dono what kind of keto you guys are doing but that is whack for anything conjured up. lol!

deadfingers
03-22-2010, 07:16 AM
a) i wouldn't use protein powder, it bakes horribly. some do ok in pancakes and ive zapped some things in the microwave a few times, but when i tried to make the same recipe in the oven its horrible.
b) that is a sh*t ton of butter. I dono what kind of keto you guys are doing but that is whack for anything conjured up. lol!

Keto is high fat, I don't know what Keto you're doing. ;)

kimmypoohx3
03-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Keto is high fat, I don't know what Keto you're doing. ;)

steroid.com/showthread.php?t=368542
from the man himself: high protein, moderate fat, low carb. i guess if you're not competing you guys can go eating sticks of butter...but I just don't see how that can be gotten away with-maybe i just dont want to chance it? to each his own.

deadfingers
03-22-2010, 10:02 AM
steroid.com/showthread.php?t=368542
from the man himself: high protein, moderate fat, low carb. i guess if you're not competing you guys can go eating sticks of butter...but I just don't see how that can be gotten away with-maybe i just dont want to chance it? to each his own.

The thread won't show up for me, it just goes straight to the main page. None the less the ratios are 60/30/10 for most of us here. There are different ways to eat "low carb" and still achieve results. Don't like the recipes here then don't make it.

LiveFromNY
04-10-2010, 07:42 AM
excellent find OP!
i pretty much made the 'sludge'
-2 scoops ON double chocolate whey
- a cap full or so of vanilla extract
- 3 packets of splenda
- tsp or two of hersheys cocoa powder
then dripped in water till cake like batter

put a tbs or two in wax baking cups (i tried regular paper baking cups and that was nooooot fun!! the paper stuck sooo bad :D) then spread it around so it coated the sides a little, dropped a half tbs of natty pb in the middle then covered the tops with the rest of the whey mix.
popped it in the freezer for 30 min and there you go! the perfect Reeses fake out haha

deadfingers
04-10-2010, 11:50 AM
I found this through the forum, bookmarked it for later experimentation. I'm sure it can easily be made keto with some substitutions.

http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/giant_reeses_peanut_butter_cup

My thoughts to sub would be the graham cracker crumbs with ground almond meal with cinnamon and some sweetener. To give it the same consistency at least. Confectioners sugar with stevia (or something similar). The shortening, I don't know maybe more butter? I've never used shortening so I don't know what would be best. Maybe some sort of animal fat? The chocolate chips, with some sugar free ones, or if you're really picky. Melt some 100% chocolate bars with your sweetener of choice, it's all going to be melted together anyways. Anyways I plan on making that and trying it out, but I don't have a kitchen for a while so.

atwses
07-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Can't wait to try it. I hope they are as good as advertised!