PDA

View Full Version : Fat Ryan's keto PB cookies

Fat Ryan
12-22-2007, 05:28 PM
3/4 cup Smart Balance natty PB (3g net carbs per serving)
1/4 cup I'm Healthy SoyNut Butter (1g net carbs per serving)
1/2 cup Splenda
1/2 cup All Bran BranBuds
1 egg

mix together cook at 325, makes 24 cookies

whole batch:
cals: 1733
134/69/90 (Fat/Protein/Carbs)

per cookie:
cals: 72
6/3/4 (Fat/Protein/Carbs)

def leavin out the allbran next time. i just wanted some crunch :)

Fat Ryan
12-22-2007, 05:33 PM
i also gotta figure out a way to not make these so damn dry

friedrice683
12-22-2007, 05:38 PM
Don't cook them so long

It's really not your recipe, this PB cookie recipe has been on the boards for a while.

Personally I do

1 cup natty PB
1 cup splenda
1 Egg
1tbsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking soda and powder (each)
(I also throw flaxmeal in there for more fiber)

Mix and put on and bake at 325-350F for 8-12 minutes on greased sheet depending on what you do.

They should still be sorta soft when you take em out and they'll continue to cook on the hot sheet.

I just had one of mine for dessert - delicious.

Fat Ryan
12-22-2007, 06:14 PM
Don't cook them so long

It's really not your recipe, this PB cookie recipe has been on the boards for a while.

Personally I do

1 cup natty PB
1 cup splenda
1 Egg
1tbsp vanilla extract
1tsp baking soda and powder (each)
(I also throw flaxmeal in there for more fiber)

Mix and put on and bake at 325-350F for 8-12 minutes on greased sheet depending on what you do.

They should still be sorta soft when you take em out and they'll continue to cook on the hot sheet.

I just had one of mine for dessert - delicious.yeah i know its not mine, its kindof a joke. but these cookies kinda suck. i got a better recieoe to use next time. im just taking my moms reciepe for PB cookies and replacing flour with flax meal and sugar/brown sugar with splenda. well see how that goes.

friedrice683
12-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Hmph

I love em'

Mine taste great. Kinda dry like you said, but really nice.

orangechicken
12-22-2007, 07:10 PM
sounds tasty

Vanusk
12-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Try adding 1/2 cup of shortening (solid fat :D)! This should help soften them up too

MarkVI
12-22-2007, 11:54 PM
X2 Crisco makes everything taste like goooold.

Fat Ryan
12-23-2007, 12:11 AM
new reciepe calls for crisco, vanilla extract, baking powder, flax meal and some other fun stuff. outta be a way better reciepe.

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
12-23-2007, 01:19 AM
X2 Crisco makes everything taste like goooold.

Many nutritionists are already warning that Crisco's formula change may be little more than a marketing move. They argue that fully hydrogenated oil may not be any healthier than trans-fat containing partially hydrogenated oil. [4] Fully hydrogenated oil contains another artificial fat known as interesterified fat. A recent study showed that interesterified fat increased volunteers' blood sugar by 20 percent while simultaneously lowering the body's "good" HDL cholesterol. [5] The rise in blood sugar is problematic since it increases the chance of developing type 2 diabetes, already a growing problem in the US.

MarkVI
12-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Many nutritionists are already warning that Crisco's formula change may be little more than a marketing move. They argue that fully hydrogenated oil may not be any healthier than trans-fat containing partially hydrogenated oil. [4] Fully hydrogenated oil contains another artificial fat known as interesterified fat. A recent study showed that interesterified fat increased volunteers' blood sugar by 20 percent while simultaneously lowering the body's "good" HDL cholesterol. [5] The rise in blood sugar is problematic since it increases the chance of developing type 2 diabetes, already a growing problem in the US.

Yeah.....so?

¡STFU!ˇNˆLIFT!
12-23-2007, 06:56 AM
jus sayin'

deadfingers
12-23-2007, 08:27 AM
Umm guys, there's a Keto recipe section. :)

baarat
12-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Many nutritionists are already warning that Crisco's formula change may be little more than a marketing move. They argue that fully hydrogenated oil may not be any healthier than trans-fat containing partially hydrogenated oil. [4] Fully hydrogenated oil contains another artificial fat known as interesterified fat. A recent study showed that interesterified fat increased volunteers' blood sugar by 20 percent while simultaneously lowering the body's "good" HDL cholesterol. [5] The rise in blood sugar is problematic since it increases the chance of developing type 2 diabetes, already a growing problem in the US.Use an animal fat or coconut oil.

RU4A69
12-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Amen. I avoid extracted oils entirely: most of them have little to no flavor and go rancid in a short amount of time. Pass the duck lard.

BstKptScrt
12-23-2007, 12:31 PM
I was having a snack of natural pb with casein/whey mixed in, and remembered this thread. I cracked an egg in the mix and popped it in the oven. It turned out incredibly good! Here's how I did it:

-2 tablespoons of natural pb
-1/2 scoop of chocolate casein/whey mix
-1 egg
-small amount of water to get the consistency of cookie dough

Mix everything thoroughly together in a small bowl. Place 4 thick scoops on your baking dish (grease it so it doesn't stick), and cook for 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before eating. This will give you 4 large, soft, delicious cookies. Here are the macros for all 4 cookies:

-Calories: 303
-Fat: 21 grams
-Protein: 24 grams
-Carbs: 6 grams

I think it's important to use a protein powder with casein in it for this recipe. As those who use casein know, it makes a thick pudding-like consistency when mixed in a small amount of water. This gives the mixture a cookie dough consistency, which along with making thick cookies and cooking for a short amount of time, can make soft cookies. I'm planning on adding some splenda and sugar-free chocolate chips (if they exist) in my next batch to add some sweetness.

Fat Ryan
12-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Umm guys, there's a Keto recipe section. :)

oh snap, i thought i was in it. my bad

Autino
12-31-2007, 08:01 PM
add lard, shorting or an egg to moisten them up