PDA

View Full Version : Dextrose?

rockstar2008
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Im wondering if EQUAL is ok to take after an intense workout...I know you are supposed to take dextrose and maltodextrin...which EQUAL has both...went looking in the store and couldnt find either...all i found was other sugars

Or is there another suggestion as to what to take that is just as effective, ice cream, candybar, etc?

thanks

in10city
12-20-2007, 11:31 AM
Im wondering if EQUAL is ok to take after an intense workout...I know you are supposed to take dextrose and maltodextrin...which EQUAL has both...went looking in the store and couldnt find either...all i found was other sugars

Or is there another suggestion as to what to take that is just as effective, ice cream, candybar, etc?

thanks
LOL... EQUAL is an artificial sweetener. So the answer is NO!

Sorry, but you really need to do some reading on nutrition.

mwatg
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
one of the best sources for post-workout glycogen replenishment is vitargo (waxy maize starch). look into this product for some good results.

rockstar2008
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
so what do you recommend??? anything else besides vitargo....anybody?

baarat
12-20-2007, 01:18 PM
so what do you recommend??? anything else besides vitargo....anybody?Usually some oats, blueberries and banana.

Fuerza_M
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Dextrose post workout

retro_roots
12-20-2007, 02:14 PM

thanks

No you are right on here, I'm not sure if equal is the answer but there are a few art. sweetners that are somenthing like >95% fillers, mostly Dext/Malto.