PDA

View Full Version : how does my bulking diet look???

chads30
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I am 6'1" 185lbs with a fast metabolism. Want to gain some weight for a couple months before cutting for summer.

There is a high carb day (for bigger body part days such as leg day and back day). And there is a moderate carb day (for smaller body part days).

infjspirit
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
I am 6'1" 185lbs with a fast metabolism. Want to gain some weight for a couple months before cutting for summer.

There is a high carb day (for bigger body part days such as leg day and back day). And there is a moderate carb day (for smaller body part days).

I didn't even look...but if you're metabolism is that fast, than go ahead and add 1000-1500 cals to your maitenance diet, stay clean, you're good to go.

SoWise
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM

despite having a high metabolism, you should try goin very low carb for two days (keep protien and fats high).. then carb up again... Yes its more benificial for people cutting, but also bulking, your body will act like a sponge, absorbing all those carbs, then you train hard, add muscle, repeat..

but make sure your cals are high regardless if your eating fats protein or carbs

chads30
12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
despite having a high metabolism, you should try goin very low carb for two days (keep protien and fats high).. then carb up again... Yes its more benificial for people cutting, but also bulking, your body will act like a sponge, absorbing all those carbs, then you train hard, add muscle, repeat..

but make sure your cals are high regardless if your eating fats protein or carbs

Yea I had two low carb days figured in for my two of my OFF workout days. But someone on this board told me not to stagger it and just go high carbs all the time.

infjspirit
12-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Yea I had two low carb days figured in for my two of my OFF workout days. But someone on this board told me not to stagger it and just go high carbs all the time.

No, no

If you bulk- HIGH PROTEIN, low carb

cycle carbs with 1-2 high day per week (I would do 2 since your metab is so high)

But remember to do maitenance cardio, just in case

HIGH PRO/LOW CARB is your staple for clean bulking

chads30
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM
why would I do low carb for bulking?

infjspirit
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
why would I do low carb for bulking?

?

So you don't retain unnescessary bloat and energy/cals that will go unused. Your muscles need protein, not excessive carbohydrates (unless you plan on doing rigorous cardio/ but why bulk then?)

chads30
12-19-2007, 05:55 PM
anyone else? The higher carbs will help me bulk and also give me the energy for workouts. I do have protein high enough already.

infjspirit
12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
anyone else? The higher carbs will help me bulk and also give me the energy for workouts. I do have protein high enough already.

watch your fat...

I would invest in BA/EAA like Purple Wraath if you need energy. (non-stim) It will also maintain your muscle gain.

SoWise
12-19-2007, 06:08 PM

on high carb days, becareful of fat intake.

Deplete your glycogen stores by goin low carb, usually take 2-3 days... then carb up again..

Its definitely good for keeping body fat off on a bulk and to give you that boost of energy when you fill up your glycogen stores by goin high carb right after.

what do you think when happens to excess glycogen that spills over when your stores are full? they are very likely to be stored as fat than anything else.. and im sure your not looking to add a butt load of fat on when you bulk.

chads30
12-19-2007, 06:17 PM
on high carb days, becareful of fat intake.

Deplete your glycogen stores by goin low carb, usually take 2-3 days... then carb up again..

Its definitely good for keeping body fat off on a bulk and to give you that boost of energy when you fill up your glycogen stores by goin high carb right after.

what do you think when happens to excess glycogen that spills over when your stores are full? they are very likely to be stored as fat than anything else.. and im sure your not looking to add a butt load of fat on when you bulk.

Well on my high carb day I am only taking in 90g or so of FAT, so that is low.

Low Carb day: 180g carbs, 330g protein, 150g+ Fats (Two OFF training day)
Moderate Carb day: 360g carbs, 270g protein, 130g+ Fats (Chest/Tri day) (Shoulders/Traps day)
High Carb day: 540g carbs, 270g protein, 90g Fats (Leg day) (Back/Bi Day)

Is that okay, tell me what I should change. Im not to good at this stuff.

Chris@UGA
12-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I simply can't get enough calories in unless I go Keto for those low carb days and eat a ton of fat. We're talking 200+g of fat.

Personally, I'm bulking on about 300 protein, 80 fat, and 350 carbs. So far I've had trouble gaining weight with this. heh I'm going to up the carbs to 400 next week and see how that goes.

SoWise has a better build than me and obviously knows what he's doing so it wouldn't hurt to follow his advice. I like to keep it simple though and it's worked well for me so far.